Liberal super-PAC leader: It’s easier to beat Republicans by calling them racist than engaging on policy

Allbiz - PWCM - JLA 2012/09/14 15:34:22

Opponents of the Tea Party have rarely engaged on policy; almost from the start, they’ve maligned grassroots conservative activists as “racists,” and also violent government-hating anarchists, while at least enjoying rhetorical affiliation with more violent demonstrators of the Occupy variety. The only mistake the aptly-nicknamed Matthew “Mudcat” Arnold made was saying this out loud:

According to an audio recording obtained by The Daily Caller, Matthew “Mudcat” Arnold, the national campaign manager of the liberal CREDO super PAC, told a gathering of supporters in Aurora, Colo., on Sept. 8 that they’ve realized “policy did not move voters.”

He used Iowa Republican Rep. Steve King as an example.

“When we said that Steve King … is pro-life and believes in cutting Social Security and voted for the Ryan budget, no one cared,” Arnold said. “When we said Steve King’s a racist, Steve King believes that immigrants ought to be put in electric fences, people moved.”

“When you talk about the substance of a man’s character, people respond,” Arnold continued. “Believe it or not, that is not something politicians knew.”

CREDO super PAC which did not immediately return a request for comment from The Daily Caller on Thursday, bills itself as a “political committee working to defeat ten of the most odious tea party members of Congress.”

Odious? Sounds a little like projection. And this is an interesting admission from the campaign manager for CREDO. They can’t compete on their political agenda, and the only way they can impact elections is to sling mud at Republicans. Well, we’ve known that for quite a while, too. Maybe one day the ever-watchful concern trolls of the national media might notice it as well, although that’s more optimism than even I can muster.

So now they admit they can't win without lies, innuendo, and character assasination because there's no way they can match Romney on policy.

+3
    It works because way too many Americans are easily distracted by stupidity like this and fail to pay attention to the real issues. It's jobs, it's the economy, it's the debt, it's terrible foreign relations, it's the lies and distortions from Obama and his campaign. Forget about the crap like race, Fluke the slut, gay marriage, and the rest of the foolishness that really isn't as important as the real issues that affect everyone.

• CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/09/14 17:00:07
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +2
    Nothing surprises me anymore. With a voting base like this, anything is possible.

+3
  • safari 2012/09/14 16:23:58
    safari
    +2
    It always amazes me when I see, read, hear - my personal friends saying things about the TEA party like the good parrots that they are without really having the slightest clue what it is all about. The racist thing though sheesh - by now they've certainly worn out that card and my buttons. They over played it to the point that only their own get all excited and jump up and down in glee when one of them calls someone a racist. I know who I am - I don't give a crap what someone who doesn't know me calls me. At first it hurt because I have lived my whole life not seeing color but character. By now though I can just laugh at it for what it is -pathetic.

It is hard to believe they didn't know this - haven't they read rules for radicals?
  • Allbiz ... safari 2012/09/14 17:41:13
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    +1
    You, Safari, are a true patriot.
  • Striker 2012/09/14 16:01:13
    Striker
    +1
    Progressive Romney's policies will differ little from Obama's. Keep in mind that univeral forced health-care is marxist to the core.

The RINO party is destined to self-destruct. Gary Johnson would be much better, and is our only way of voting "none of the zeros".

Sadly, the Tea Party's Rev Larry W, did a huge attack on Ron Paul. The TP-backed candidates who won in 2010 were largely disappointing, e.g. 50 of them became sheeple under Boehner and voted to hand Obama a huge debt increase, at a time when the House was clearly in a position to get something right for a change. I'm a very disillusioned TP member, frankly.

2014/08/01 14:13:36