(Liberal) Kirsten Powers says the liberals who led the charge (on Limbaugh) need to start holding their own side accountable.

RJ~PWCM~JLA 2012/03/05 19:43:38

From:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/04/rush-limbaug...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did you know there is a war on women?

Yes, it’s true. Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann, Bill Maher, Matt Taibbi, and Ed Schultz have been waging it for years with their misogynist outbursts. There have been boycotts by people on the left who are outraged that these guys still have jobs. Oh, wait. Sorry, that never happened.

Boycotts are reserved for people on the right like Rush Limbaugh, who finally apologized Saturday for calling a 30-year-old Georgetown Law student, Sandra Fluke, a “slut” after she testified before congress about contraception. Limbaugh’s apology was likely extracted to stop the departure of any more advertisers, who were rightly under pressure from liberal groups outraged by the comments.

Let it be shouted from the rooftops that Rush Limbaugh should not have called Ms. Fluke a slut or, as he added later, a “prostitute” who should post her sex tapes. It’s unlikely that his apology will assuage the people on a warpath for his scalp, and after all, why should it? He spent days attacking a woman as a slut and prostitute and refused to relent. Now because he doesn’t want to lose advertisers, he apologizes. What’s in order is something more like groveling—and of course a phone call to Ms. Fluke—if you ask me.

But if Limbaugh’s actions demand a boycott—and they do—then what about the army of swine on the left?

During the 2008 election Ed Schultz said on his radio show that Sarah Palin set off a “bimbo alert.” He called Laura Ingraham a “right-wing slut.” (He later apologized.) He once even took to his blog to call yours truly a “bimbo” for the offense of quoting him accurately in a New York Post column.

Keith Olbermann has said that conservative commentator S.E. Cupp should have been aborted by her parents, apparently because he finds her having opinions offensive. He called Michelle Malkin a “mashed-up bag of meat with lipstick.” He found it newsworthy to discuss Carrie Prejean’s breasts on his MSNBC show. His solution for dealing with Hillary Clinton, who he thought should drop out of the presidential race, was to find “somebody who can take her into a room and only he comes out.” Olbermann now works for über-leftist and former Democratic vice president Al Gore at Current TV.

Left-wing darling Matt Taibbi wrote on his blog in 2009, “When I read [Malkin’s] stuff, I imagine her narrating her text, book-on-tape style, with a big, hairy set of balls in her mouth.” In a Rolling Stone article about Secretary of State Clinton, he referred to her “flabby arms.” When feminist writer Erica Jong criticized him for it, he responded by referring to Jong as an “800-year old sex novelist.” (Jong is almost 70, which apparently makes her an irrelevant human being.) In Taibbi’s profile of Congresswoman and presidential candidate Michele Bachmann he labeled her “batshit crazy.” (Oh, those “crazy” women with their hormones and all.)

Chris Matthews’s sickening misogyny was made famous in 2008, when he obsessively tore down Hillary Clinton for standing between Barack Obama and the presidency, something that Matthews could not abide. Over the years he has referred to the former first lady, senator and presidential candidate and current secretary of state as a “she-devil,” “Nurse Ratched,” and “Madame Defarge.”

Matthews has also called Clinton “witchy,” “anti-male,” and “uppity” and once claimed she won her Senate seat only because her “husband messed around.” He asked a guest if “being surrounded by women” makes “a case for commander in chief—or does it make a case against it?” At some point Matthews was shamed into sort of half apologizing to Clinton, but then just picked up again with his sexist ramblings.
Matthews has wondered aloud whether Sarah Palin is even “capable of thinking” and has called Bachmann a “balloon head” and said she was “lucky we still don’t have literacy tests out there.” Democratic strategist Jehmu Greene, who is the former president of the Women’s Media Center, told Fox News’ Megyn Kelly in 2011 that Matthews
“is a bully, and his favorite target is women.” So why does he still have a show? What if his favorite target was Jews? Or African-Americans?

Read the whole thing:

Read More: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/04/r...

• Mindlesspartyhack 2012/03/06 03:55:03
    Mindlesspartyhack
    +2
    They'll slam her real soon!
  • Dandydon 2012/03/05 23:52:52
    Dandydon
    +4
    I wouldn't hold my breathe on that.
    Liberals only want the people they attack,to apologize..
  • Bob S 2012/03/05 22:42:37 (edited)
    Bob S
    +3
    I have always liked Kristen on the Fox channel. She is 1000% correct on this one. She isn't just a token Democrat on this channel. At least it is fair and balanced as is Kristen. MSNBC is totally wacko and indulges themselves in hypocrisy.
  • belle 2012/03/05 21:56:31
    belle
    +3
    Swine is to good for them, with the way they talk about women. urrgg
  • Bob S belle 2012/03/07 21:44:51
    Bob S
    +1
    I wonder if the fool MATTHEWS at MSNBC still gets chills up his legs???
  • belle Bob S 2012/03/07 23:59:52
    belle
    +2
    that is something I wouldn't want to see. lol
  • BoredCollieDogRIPmissDyouRm... 2012/03/05 20:57:33
    BoredCollieDogRIPmissDyouRmissed
    +4
    They'll never be called out on that...never.
    It would be suicide.
  • Beagle Mom 2012/03/05 20:22:13
    Beagle Mom
    +3
    It was a thoughtful and well written article.
  • Herb 2012/03/05 20:21:15
    Herb
    +2
    i agree yeah for her.
  • Demonic Rat Hunter 2012/03/05 20:14:46
    Demonic Rat Hunter
    +5
    When will the attacks on her start now ?
  • Superman 2012/03/05 20:08:38
    Superman
    +7
    I'll be shocked if liberals actually post here . . . Proud Progressive? Che? Anyone?
  • cjj ~ FTGOP 2012/03/05 19:57:01 (edited)
    cjj ~ FTGOP
    +2
    Although, in theory, I agree, there is huge difference between calling a women a "slut" and the "war on women" slogan. (This would be more credible of we were talking about Maher calling Palin a "c___," which was way over the line.) Also, I live in an area where I get NONE of these left commentators as they are on cable of which I am not a subscriber. On the other hand, our only local talk radio station has Glenn Beck for 3 hours, followed by Rush Limbaugh for 3 hours followed by Sean Hannity for 2 hours. Then there is a 1-hour break hosted by a couple of Independent guys who self-admittedly lean right. Then back to Mark Levin for at least 2 hours. Why are the local left commentators left out of the mix entirely? Before we cry for poor ol' Rush, let's try to get some fairness in the open media for those who hold differing views of the FOX News "darlings..."
  • RJ~PWCM... cjj ~ F... 2012/03/05 20:19:57
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    And exactly how would you propose we "get some fairness in the open media"?
  • cjj ~ F... RJ~PWCM... 2012/03/07 20:40:45
    cjj ~ FTGOP
    +1
    Equal time for differing viewpoints...duh! You do realize that this practice does happen, no?
  • RJ~PWCM... cjj ~ F... 2012/03/07 20:53:34
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    Who will ensure that "equal time" is provided?
  • cjj ~ F... RJ~PWCM... 2012/03/07 20:58:25
    cjj ~ FTGOP
    Ever heard of "ethics?" I know they're often a strange bedfellow to capitalism but just suggesting...
  • RJ~PWCM... cjj ~ F... 2012/03/07 21:04:30
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    I was asking the about the issue of **WHO** will ensure that "equal time" is provided, in practice?
  • cjj ~ F... RJ~PWCM... 2012/03/07 22:24:51
    cjj ~ FTGOP
    You do realized ethics can be SELF-implemented, right? How about some of that accountability and responsibility the right always rants about actually be put into practice? OR do you expect the GOVERNMENT to do it for ya?
  • RJ~PWCM... cjj ~ F... 2012/03/07 22:37:25
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    What do you mean by "self implemented".

For example, do you mean that someone who has a 3-hour show should give 90 minutes of their time to someone they don't agree with?
  • Bob S RJ~PWCM... 2012/03/07 21:35:34
    Bob S
    +1
    I too would like to know. Help us find the truth.
  • Bob S cjj ~ F... 2012/03/05 22:44:37
    Bob S
    I can't believe that you get all of the so called right and no interruption by the liberal bias. Surely you have heard of the liberal point of view.
  • cjj ~ F... Bob S 2012/03/07 20:38:22
    cjj ~ FTGOP
    +1
    I don't defend myself over the things that I know are true. It's a waste of my time. Believe what you will. No skin off my nose...
  • Seonag cjj ~ F... 2012/03/06 14:30:05
    Seonag
    +2
    Interesting that the 'greedy Conservatives' are on the 'free' airwaves and the Liberals are on the 'pay' airwaves. What does it tell you?
  • Bob S Seonag 2012/03/06 15:35:20
    Bob S
    +1
    Get more conservative hosts real soon...
  • cjj ~ F... Seonag 2012/03/07 20:42:37
    cjj ~ FTGOP
    It tells me the same as the fact that 18 mins out of every hour of conservative programming is ADVERTISING. (Got that one from Rush himself just this morning).
  • Seonag cjj ~ F... 2012/03/08 13:28:55
    Seonag
    +2
    You are right in that the ADVERTISERS pay. BUT the listener gets to listen for 'free' (if you can get past the ads). But the listener does have to pay a fee to listen to the 'pay' airwaves (and some of those also advertise!).
  • tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA 2012/03/05 19:49:00
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +10
    Seems the light is starting to shine on the double standard.

We'll see.
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2012/03/05 19:44:37
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +8
    Good for her for speaking out.

2014/09/30 20:09:03