Liar ,liar romney!

irish 2012/07/14 14:14:20

Romney stayed longer at Bain

By: From the Trenches

Government documents filed by Mitt Romney and
Bain Capital say Romney remained chief executive and chairman of the
firm three years beyond the date he said he ceded control, even creating
five new investment partnerships during that time.

Romney has said he left Bain in 1999 to lead the winter Olympics in
Salt Lake City, ending his role in the company. But public Securities
and Exchange Commission documents filed later by Bain Capital state he
remained the firm’s “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief
executive officer, and president.”

read more:

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/romney-stayed-longer-at...liar   liar  romney

• Lee 2012/08/03 15:38:52 (edited)
    Lee
    +1
    Yes, Romney lied about his time at Baine. And he refuses to release his tax records, so obviously he has something to hide there as well.

But he may be hiding much more than that. And let me say first that I am not opposed to having a Mormon President.

I want to make clear that I don't believe all Mormons are evil . . . Far from it.

In fact, Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reed is a Mormon . . . a good Mormon, not a phony like Romney. Of course, Harry Reed isn't nearly as handsome as Mitt Romney . . . Or Ted Bundy.

Yes, that's right . . . Ted Bundy was a Mormon too . . . an extremely straight-laced Mormon.

Ted Bundy converted to Mormonism during the thick of his killing spree. He walked around with a Bible in one hand and the Book of Mormon in the other. He was quite a handsome man too . . . He reminds me a lot of Mitt Romney. In fact, they were born only five months apart, so they are from the same era. The similarities are startling.

Ted Bundy didn't drink, smoke, do drugs, or steal. He just had that one little flaw that involved beating and torturing women to death . . . sometimes biting their dead bodies and repeatedly raping their moldering corpses for days later, and then lying about it of course.

If you forget about that one little outlier, he was indeed a straight ...

If you forget about that one little outlier, he was indeed a straight laced young Mormon man.

He was attending law school in Salt Lake City when he was first arrested. His friends were shocked. . . . Or so they said . . . But maybe they were pretending too.

Why do supremely selfish, supremely evil, pretentious people just naturally gravitate toward the Republican Party?

Does anyone know?

Mitt Romney reminds me a LOT of Ted Bundy. As a matter of fact, they may have met. They both attended the Republican National Convention in Miami in 1968.

I wonder if they became friends . . . . and shared experiences . . . and fantasies . . . and techniques.

Who inspired whom?

While it's true that Romney was never arrested, he did break his share of laws. He used to enjoy impersonating a police officer, which was a felony in Michigan. But he didn't care. He knew his father would protect him.

And then of course he attacked a classmate with scissors and humiliated his victim. While other 18 year olds were fighting and dying in Viet Nam, Master Mitt was cowing his classmates with his father's immense wealth and political power.

And who knows what he did when nobody was looking?

Maybe some of those missing persons cases in Michigan should be re-investigated.

people naturally gravitate repubican party mitt romney reminds ted bundy

• Patti The Yes Fan 2012/07/16 15:24:14
  • irish Patti ... 2012/07/16 16:01:09
    irish
    +3
    LOL LOL PATTI!!!!!!
  • DeeB 2012/07/16 14:48:13
    DeeB
    +3
    Of course he's a liar. You don't get to be a billionaire telling the truth!! LOL! The man makes his money off of other peoples money, he's scum. Period. And the bright ones want him for our president, so he can make even more money off of the people, or should I say slaves!
  • irish DeeB 2012/07/16 15:09:29
  • Aahz_OneAndOnly 2012/07/15 02:38:57
    Aahz_OneAndOnly
    +5
    Know how to tell Romney is lying........

romney puppet

romney puppet

romney puppet

His lips are moving
  • irish Aahz_On... 2012/07/15 11:24:45
    irish
    +4
    LOL love the last pic!LOL have any on obama like that??LOL
  • Aahz_On... irish 2012/07/16 06:16:56
    Aahz_OneAndOnly
    +3
    Yeah that's his Double-talk face
  • irish Aahz_On... 2012/07/16 11:14:00
  • DeeB Aahz_On... 2012/07/16 14:50:00
    DeeB
    +3
    I thought I was seeing double!! LOL! I had to blink my eyes a few times!
  • Boblawbla Aahz_On... 2012/07/16 17:52:22
    Boblawbla
    +3
    When the Federal Reserve, the Central Banks of Europe and Israel are moving his lips?
  • irish Boblawbla 2012/07/17 11:06:39
    irish
    +1
    excellent.
  • PoliticallyIncorrect 2012/07/14 17:33:04 (edited)
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    Obama and the LPs never met a lie they didn't like.

As we've established, the Obama campaign certainly understands the difference between titular ownership and participation in the managerial process. They haven't even attempted to offer any evidence that Romney was running Bain after 1999, because no such evidence exists. The Republican was off in Utah working 80-to-100-hour weeks to (successfully) save the Winter Olympics. What Team O is doing here is glorying in their own lies, even (especially?) after they've been widely and scrupulously debunked. The message is simple: "We are going to do and say whatever the hell we want to damage our opponent, and we think we're going to get away with it." To make this point crystal clear, they've rolled out a new ad repeating the lie that independent analysts have just spent the last 30 hours picking apart. This is what we call tripling down: townhall.com
  • irish Politic... 2012/07/15 11:25:31
    irish
    +4
    and yet: Government documents filed by Mitt Romney and Bain Capital say Romney remained chief executive and chairman of the firm three years beyond the date he said he ceded control, even creating five new investment partnerships during that time.
  • Politic... irish 2012/07/15 19:29:39
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    OK, do you read anything or listen to anything other than the Liberal Progressive lie factory. THAT particular lie has already been debunked by several non-partisan researchers. It was physically impossible for him to run and SAVE the Olympics for 80 - 100 hour work weeks and do Bain at the same time. It was also explained that MANY companies will retain a person in a NON-FUNCTIONG capacity in an organization. He was not THERE. There is no felony, just typical Chicago thug lies perpetuated by a president with no record to run on and his campaign committee. If this where not a political campaign and people could be sued for slander, the Obama campaign money would be awarded to Romney because of the lies, misrepresentations, and character assassination that they are perpetuating. If you don't believe me, goodle it for a neutral verifying organization. Here are two that will help you start.

FORTUNE - Now Fortune has obtained new evidence that supports Romney’s version of events.

Bain Capital began circulating offering documents for its seventh private equity fund in June 2000. Those documents include several pages specifying fund management. The section begins:

Set forth below is information regarding the background of the senior private equity investment professionals of Bain Capit...

Set forth below is information regarding the background of the senior private equity investment professionals of Bain Capital. Also listed are certain investment professionals responsible for the day-to-day affairs of the Brookside and Sankaty funds, which are affiliated funds of Fund VII.

It then goes on to list 18 managers of the private equity fund. Mitt Romney is not among them. Same goes for an affiliated co-investment fund, whose private placement memorandum is dated September 2000.

Then there is Bain Capital Venture Fund — the firm’s first dedicated venture capital effort — whose private placement memorandum is dated January 2001. Romney also isn’t listed among its “key investment professionals,” or as part of its day-to-day operations or investment committee.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, as fact checkers note, Team Obama does not provide any specific evidence to back up claims that Romney was actively managing Bain between 1999 and 2002.

Fortune magazine on Thursday reported that it had obtained the offering documents for Bain Capital funds circulating in 2000 and 2001. None of the documents show that Romney was listed as being among the “key investment professionals” who would manage the money. As Fortune put it, “the contemporaneous Bain documents show that Romney was indeed telling the truth about no longer having operational input at Bain — which, one should note, is different from no longer having legal or financial ties to the firm.”

Let’s also not forget that Massachusetts Democrats tried to keep Romney off the ballot in the 2002 governor’s race on the grounds that he had been living and working in Utah, even paying taxes there, and thus had failed to meet the requirement to have lived seven consecutive years in Massachusetts. The effort failed, but not after Democrats waged an expensive, months’ long battle to prove he worked so much on the Olympics that he was in effect a citizen of Utah. (More on this below.)
  • irish Politic... 2012/07/16 11:15:17
    irish
    +2
    all it takes for you to understand is this one part of one sentence!
    "Government documents filed by Mitt Romney and Bain Capital say",now is that so hard to get?
  • Politic... irish 2012/07/16 15:10:34
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    So, you assume something based on your interpretation of one sentence. That proves one thing at least. You have no abilities to judge anything because you zero in on whatever word you think validates your erroneous conclusion. How totally pathetic, short-sighted, and emotionally tied to lies you are.
  • irish Politic... 2012/07/16 16:02:53
    irish
    +1
    i didn't ASSUME anything.
    by the way the assumptions are by people such as you who actually think a lying politician is going to tell the truth.
    yes you are pathetic and plain ignorant as you refuse to admit and see that the SEC is where the info came form. tsk tsk tsk,no wonder america is doomed.
  • Politic... irish 2012/07/16 19:38:06 (edited)
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    Lying politician? Obamass has set a new record for lying, cheating, and stealing, but with half of the population of America too stupid to notice or even care as long as they're getting freebies, they don't care.

One more for the road: Regarding Romney and Bain, the question for me remains whether one can specifically tie Romney to the questionable deals. So far, I have not seen enough evidence that he was actively managing Bain and its investments during this period.

Thus I am standing with my assessment that Romney essentially left Bain in 1999. Our colleagues at FactCheck.org have done the same. But of course I remain open to new evidence or information, and will adjust Pinocchio ratings accordingly.

I consulted with securities law experts who have many years of experience with these particular SEC filings. One expert pointed out that the titles are basically meaningless, that someone can be listed as a chief executive and have no responsibilities whatsoever.

The SEC documents, especially the ones Romney signed, do raise some questions. One could suggest that because Romney did not fully extricate himself from Bain until after his Olympic sojourn ended, he should bear some responsibility for what happened at Bain in these years. You could even say he hired the people who mad...

The SEC documents, especially the ones Romney signed, do raise some questions. One could suggest that because Romney did not fully extricate himself from Bain until after his Olympic sojourn ended, he should bear some responsibility for what happened at Bain in these years. You could even say he hired the people who made these mistakes.

But that is entirely different from suggesting that he had a direct role in these suspect transactions — as Obama’s ads claim — or that the SEC documents open Romney up to civil or even potential criminal investigation, as the Obama campaign has charged. Posted by Glenn Kesslerat 03:14 PM ET, 07/14/2012

I've given you multiple bi-partisan reference that say he was not lying, but you ignored the data which questions your credibility. End of story.
  • irish Politic... 2012/07/17 11:07:41
    irish
    fact check missed the documents that romney and bain filed with the sec that stated he was still in charge .
  • Politic... irish 2012/07/17 16:03:19 (edited)
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    Factcheck didn't miss anything, but you've missed the boat. I've put it out for you, but you don't have anything going for you but total brainwashing. Suck all that crap in and when you grow up and really dig into the information, you might find that you've been defending the lies that the Obama campaign has already been warned about. Like other narcissistic individuals though, Obama thinks he can continue to lie and get away with it. With followers like you, he's probably right.

Funny thing, most of the folks who defend and suck up the Obamapablum are listed as agnostic/atheists. Interesting deficit.
  • irish Politic... 2012/07/17 17:04:14
    irish
    +1
    aww,i see you actually think a politician and a scum bag like romney will tell the truth.LOL
    money talks. he tells no more truth than BO.
  • Politic... irish 2012/07/17 17:43:53
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    At this point, as strange as it may seem, even though I know Romney may shade things his way, I am judging him on the Mormons that I know personally. They are kind, mild-mannered, and charitable. Although I am sure that it happens, I've never seen a Mormon go hostile, swear, or do "unChristian" things. I know they have a bad wrap, of course, believing in multiple wives makes me wonder about their sanity. I can't imagine any man wanting several wives. One is enough for any man, unless you're Tiger Woods, I guess. I don't think Romney plans to destroy the country, but Obama hangs around with too many people who do. He's questionable at best, anti-American and a socialist at worst. I try to find a reputable source when I check things, preferably one that is bi-partisan or doesn't have an ax to grind. Obama actually lies, knows he's lying, and I simply cannot trust him not to destroy everything I've worked for all of my life. The Democrats want our 401ks to brace social security and that includes IRAs, etc. Then there's the very good possibility that I will be judged too old for diagnostic/medical services based on some bureacrat in DC. THAT is NOT America, nor the America that all of my grandparents risked life and limb to come to. I do my charitable giving, am not in the 1%, but...
    At this point, as strange as it may seem, even though I know Romney may shade things his way, I am judging him on the Mormons that I know personally. They are kind, mild-mannered, and charitable. Although I am sure that it happens, I've never seen a Mormon go hostile, swear, or do "unChristian" things. I know they have a bad wrap, of course, believing in multiple wives makes me wonder about their sanity. I can't imagine any man wanting several wives. One is enough for any man, unless you're Tiger Woods, I guess. I don't think Romney plans to destroy the country, but Obama hangs around with too many people who do. He's questionable at best, anti-American and a socialist at worst. I try to find a reputable source when I check things, preferably one that is bi-partisan or doesn't have an ax to grind. Obama actually lies, knows he's lying, and I simply cannot trust him not to destroy everything I've worked for all of my life. The Democrats want our 401ks to brace social security and that includes IRAs, etc. Then there's the very good possibility that I will be judged too old for diagnostic/medical services based on some bureacrat in DC. THAT is NOT America, nor the America that all of my grandparents risked life and limb to come to. I do my charitable giving, am not in the 1%, but feel totally threatened by Obama's state of mind and philosophies. He was not raised in America during his formative years and has no empathy for America. Why should this guy be allowed to take away everything I have worked for? Americans have fooled themselves over Obama, in some cases, just to prove they would vote for a black man. It took hundreds of thousands of black people to build this country, and it's taking one to destroy it. People didn't try to get here for more of the socialism that they left behind, but no one seems to get that.
  • Stryder 2012/07/14 17:00:01
  • irish Stryder 2012/07/14 17:13:58
    irish
    +4
    apparently you are not up to date!

Government documents filed by Mitt Romney and Bain Capital say Romney remained chief executive and chairman of the firm three years beyond the date he said he ceded control, even creating five new investment partnerships during that time.
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/07/14 15:52:24
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    There are names of a lot of people on companies as CEO's and investors that aren't active in the company and never show up at meetings.
  • irish Kat ♪ ~... 2012/07/14 16:15:01
    irish
    +4
    too bad they filed that he was.
  • irish Kat ♪ ~... 2012/07/14 16:15:02
    irish
    +4
    too bad they filed that he was.
  • Morningstar 2012/07/14 15:45:27
    Morningstar
    +4
    this has got to be enough evidence to convince americans that romney is bad for the country! He can NOT be trusted!
  • irish Morning... 2012/07/14 16:15:25
    irish
    +4
    you would think so.
  • DDogbreath irish 2012/07/15 18:19:59
    DDogbreath
    +2
    That is an awful amount of effort to defend a liberal douche. The "Mittiot's" are starting to sound like "Obama sheep"
  • irish DDogbreath 2012/07/16 11:15:45
    irish
    +3
    isn't that the truth!
  • Kat ♪ ~... Morning... 2012/07/14 23:03:31
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +1
    Like as if Obama can.
  • DeeB Morning... 2012/07/16 14:51:52
    DeeB
    +1
    LOL! It's called denial!!
  • Charge 2012/07/14 15:27:39
    Charge
    +3
    More Progressive BS and LIES....
    Here is the truth is You are interested.....

http://factcheck.org/2012/07/...

http://finance.fortune.cnn.co...

progressive bs lies truth httpfactcheck org201207 httpfinance fortune cnn
  • irish Charge 2012/07/14 15:34:08
  • Charge irish 2012/07/14 15:56:04
    Charge
    Again, Yes he is Owner/CEO/President of Bain Capital; this is true and remains so until 2002 when his divestiture agreement is executed... this is all true; however from Feb. 1999 on he had no active management responsibilities.... by law Romney still had to sign all SEC filings because he was still the legal owner of record, his status on those filings stated "passive or inactive" again a perfectly legal status.
    What You do not want to accept is that this is common practice and totally legal.
    More lying desperation by Progressive Liberals.
    The Lefty Boston Globe article You posted disregards SEC laws and requirements.... it doe not matter if a person is active or inactive; if they are the owner of record they MUST sign the filings..... This works great for Liberal Liars.
  • irish Charge 2012/07/14 16:16:53
    irish
    +3
  • Charge irish 2012/07/14 16:57:56
    Charge
    Since Romney was 100% owner of Bain Capital he remained legally Liable for the operation of the company, by SEC regulation he was required to sign the yearly filings... look it up on the SEC site if You wish, it's all there in black and white.
    The Operational responsibility was ceded to an internal group within Bain.
    Karmel, the former SEC commissioner, said the contradictory statements could have legal implications in some instances. What the Globe doesn’t tell its readers is that Karmel is a Democrat and a Carter appointee.
    Romney did not finalize a severance agreement with Bain until 2002, a 10-year deal with undisclosed terms that was retroactive to 1999. It expired in 2009.

So back in 2002 Romney finalized a 10-year severance agreement that expired in 2009 -- which would mean Romney wasn't active with the company going back to -- wait for it, wait for it -- 1999!
    What we're once again seeing here is how the Obama campaign and the corrupt media manipulate The Narrative. When your guy is losing and you don't have facts to fight back with, you take old news, old nothingburgers, and re-spin them into something sinister.

Naturally, the rest of the corrupt media jumps on board to aid and abet and, voila!, you have a narrative.
  • irish Charge 2012/07/14 17:14:24
    irish
    +4

2014/08/28 15:24:07