Lets just say it: The Republicans are the problem.

Jimbo 2012/04/29 11:59:59

We have been studying Washington politics and Congress for more than
40 years, and never have we seen them this dysfunctional. In our past
writings, we have criticized both parties when we believed it was
warranted. Today, however, we have no choice but to acknowledge that the
core of the problem lies with the Republican Party.

The GOP has become an insurgent outlier in American politics. It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.

When
one party moves this far from the mainstream, it makes it nearly
impossible for the political system to deal constructively with the
country’s challenges.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/lets-just-say-it-the-r...

impossible political deal constructively countrys challenges nbsp httpwww washingtonpost comopinionslets-just-say-it-the-r

• Raymond Allamby 2012/04/29 12:51:42
    I agree.
    Raymond Allamby
    +22
    good morning jimbo. thanks for pissing off some more of these brain dead repugs, who actually believe they are going to get rich, and become one of the 1%. imagine, basing their entire political philosophy, on this fantasy.

• rand 2012/04/30 02:42:48
    I disagree.
    rand
    +4
    As an old Goldwater Republican, I can honestly say "I do not resemble that remark." I have noticed that more and more I get termed a RINO and that Bill O'Reilly is now calling himself an Independent, putting some distance 'tween himself and the radical right. But fiscal conservatism, dislike of bureaucracies, and love of freedom will never go out of style
  • DavidK 2012/04/30 02:20:57
    I disagree.
    DavidK
    +4
    The Congress controlled Democrats see to it the Republicans have no voice. Naive post........
  • les_gvt DavidK 2012/04/30 03:29:44
    les_gvt
    +5
    when dealing with progressives, facts make no difference in their story line
  • DavidK les_gvt 2012/04/30 11:10:51
    DavidK
    +3
    BINGO!
  • America... les_gvt 2012/04/30 12:29:42
    American☆Atheist
    irony
  • The Libertarian 2012/04/30 02:01:43
    I disagree.
    The Libertarian
    There's none so blind as those who will not see. The fact of the matter is, playing the blame came on one party doesn't work anymore since both of these parties (Republican and Democrat) from hell have just about destroyed this country.
  • bozo 2012/04/30 00:51:34
    I disagree.
    bozo
    +6
    get a life already.

both parties all presidents for the past 60 years have brought america to where we are today BROKE.

new laws ,agencies,departments, unfunded mandates, surcharges, taxes, fees giving into lobbyist,forgeting the people who elect them mismanaging the american economy

they should all be in jail, both parties.
  • diane RN bozo 2012/05/01 01:52:44
    diane RN
    +1
    Bloodsuckers all of them!
  • "Shooter" ™ 2012/04/30 00:49:48 (edited)
    I disagree.
    "Shooter" ™
    +10
    Nah.. the liberals are the problem, you guys love to freeload from the government costing billions of dlls. to US the taxpayers, I will agree with you when you guys start growing some cajones and start gaining some self respect, depending on yourselves and have some consideration for the tax payers.

Grow up!! Nobody owes you a living and you people are not all 5 years old anymore.

Start getting some of those shovel ready jobs that daddy Obama told you all about and quit your whining. If the college tuitions are going up, look for a job and pay the difference, us taxpayers didn't tell you to go to college, that was YOUR decision! Be
    responsible!

crazy liberals
  • Mike "Shoote... 2012/04/30 05:35:26
    +1
    awww jeez not this fake conservatism that relys on the poor to pay for the rich peeps mistakes as they got us into this mess with gambling everyones life savings and acting afool on our dime and now you jokers say dont tax the job creators, LOL what jobs jabroni
  • Lady Wh... Mike 2012/04/30 12:58:04
    +2
    "awww jeez not this fake conservatism that relies on the poor to pay for the rich peeps mistakes...."

EXACTLY!
  • "Shoote... Mike 2012/04/30 14:58:08
    "Shooter" ™
    +2
    What a lame comeback.... no wonder you guys never accept any responsibility.
  • Mike "Shoote... 2012/04/30 15:00:36
    how is the truth lame, open your eyes man, the rich are getting richer and they want the common man to pay for the recovery, why don you fact check this see how much the top 10% control and see how much the bottom 90% control. it will astonish you and maybe you might see you are being used
  • "Shoote... Mike 2012/04/30 16:46:07 (edited)
    "Shooter" ™
    +2
    So you want the rich and the taxpayers to make up for the 40% that ARE NOT PAYING TAXES because they are not working to pay for the Solyndras and the 500,000 dlls. of extravagant vacations and bonuses that Obama spent money on foolishly??
  • diane RN "Shoote... 2012/05/01 01:43:44
    diane RN
    +4
    You know what he can do with that shovel, lol. The graduating class of 2011 is 50% unemloyed or underemployed. What a great investment a 200K education is.
  • "Shoote... diane RN 2012/05/01 14:42:05 (edited)
    "Shooter" ™
    +2
    Tell me about it!! They should thank Hussein for this.
    He wants them to depend on the government instead of them working for a living, the same thing goes for the 30 million people now without a job.
  • NativeNH1 "Shoote... 2012/05/03 02:18:19
    NativeNH1
    +1
    Responsible?? That word doesn't exist within the liberal mind.
  • "Shoote... NativeNH1 2012/05/04 16:07:59
    "Shooter" ™
    +1
    You are exactly right!
  • UnusualSuspect 2012/04/30 00:47:51
    I agree.
    UnusualSuspect
    +7
    "When one party moves this far from the mainstream, it makes it nearly impossible for the political system to deal constructively with the country’s challenges."

Which is why they whine and complain when they get a candidate like McCain or Romney.

McCain and Romney are middle of the road...conservatives' best chance of winning against any liberal/progressive.

And yet they're so extreme they want the likes of Bachmann, Palin, Santorum, et al...the wackos.

So who loses in the end?

Republicans do.

Not to mention their employers: the American people.
  • les_gvt Unusual... 2012/04/30 03:31:45
    les_gvt
    +2
    and just what do you consider the ex New (communist) party card carrying member that currently resides in the WH?
    I agree.
    +7
    the have been making sure nothing gets done the last three years, their record speaks for itself
  • Lady Wh... Mike 2012/04/30 12:58:37
    true that
  • diane RN Mike 2012/05/01 01:46:13
    diane RN
    +3
    Yea well you guys had control of the house for 2 years so quit your bitchin'
  • HotPuhtaytuhs 2012/04/29 23:49:44
    Another opinon.
    HotPuhtaytuhs
    +3
    Nah neither party is doing what they ought
  • Nameless 2012/04/29 23:47:05
    Another opinon.
    Nameless
    +10
    I think that the religious "right" of the Republican Party is the problem. I have friends who are fiscally conservative and socially liberal who are consistently torn when they vote. They are what used to be known as Rockefeller Republicans. They disagreed with Dems when it came to how to pay for things but NOT really what. The "Moral Majority," which is neither, took over during the Reagan years and the Jerry Falwells of this country pretty much told their congregants how to vote and, basically, told them that if they didn't vote a certain way that they would be sinners (simplifying but pretty much the truth). They took ahold of a few issues (the right to choose, for instance) and ran amuck with those issues. Perhaps the Republican Party has been overrun by those people from the right, so in that case - yes, I suppose they are the problem. I do know people who are Republicans who support things like the rights of gays/lesbians to legally marry, the rights of women to choose, the responsibility to feed the poor, etc... I suppose they are the exception to the rule now... I'd like to hope that there are more of them than I know, though.
  • Mike Nameless 2012/04/29 23:56:00
    +3
    the call themselves religious right, but they don't give one care about the poor, or fellow man and they really don't follow the bible at all, they claim GOD but they are far from what he represents. and all we have gotten is war from them, that's the great lie about the republican party. they are fascist corporatists. the road to hll has been paved
  • les_gvt Mike 2012/04/30 03:36:48
    les_gvt
    +2
    If you would ever bother to read and learn history, you would discover that every war we have been involved in the last 112 years except one was started whilee a DEMOCRAT was in office. Republicans ENDED Korea and Vietnam

As to the helping the poor, conservatives believe that is the individuals responsibility, and what government aid that is provided should be done at the state level, not the State level.

BTW, you better check and see who got 87% of all money this last election from Wall Street, computer firms, and health care companies- It was not John Mc Amnesty
  • Mike les_gvt 2012/04/30 05:28:17
    the guys you had back in the good ol days are a complete different breed from the monsters you have today, and don't get me started on Nixon , Ford and johnson. there are things there you cannot possibly understand that happened there. lemme clue you in, kennedy was killed, ford headed up the invesDUHgation, surprisingly nothing was found and just a short time later he becomes pres... food for thought
  • les_gvt Mike 2012/04/30 05:48:47
    les_gvt
    +3
    If you are going to attempt at a history lesson, you really at least need to know the history you are attempting to teach. 1) LBJ was JFK's VP, HE WAS A DEMOCRAT 2) Ford was not even on the Nixon ticket it was Agnew, ford was picked as vp 10 years after the JFK shooting, and Ford was not the "leader" of the WARREN commission. Considering the man never ran for ELEction (only RE-election) it is doubtful he knew at the time he would be president.

I agree about Nixon- like most Progressives, he was crooked as a snake.

But if you want to talk about crooks, it is the OBAMA admin that has had two ex-convicts working for it, a third "friend " is currently in jail, and let's not forget the police killer Bill Ayers. did I mention all the OWS thugs hanging out at his officee, or the winner of at least 4 awards from the CPUSA (Richard Trumka), or the international communist organizer that headed SEIU and started ACORN (Wade Rathke). shall we talk about the slime ball dealings of Chris Dodd, or the boyfriend running a brothel at the home of Barney Frank?

The Repugnants are far from perfect, but rest assured, the terrorcrats have way more dirty laundry to air
  • Mike les_gvt 2012/04/30 06:01:24
    want more history , under reagan 287 people were either indited or charged under reagan for illegal activities, more than just iran / contra there. other stuff as well. only thing that saved him was he was getting heimers and really had no control of what he was doing. i would add a video but you will not watch it cause your perfect little world would collapse and you would ball up and cringe for an hour ohh why not , this might be fun i'll post something for you.
    see if you have the guts to watch it

www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5c3V...

when that really gets answered maybe , just maybe i might believe in the rethugs again, remember they control congress. nuff said
  • les_gvt Mike 2012/04/30 06:17:10
    les_gvt
    +3
    they control Congress? The control the HOUSE- Harry Reid and the DEMOCRAPS control the SENATE. - and it takes 2 to tango.

If you recall, the SENATE has not passed a budget in 1040+ days
    The SENATE has not had a single jobs bill even come to the floor for a vote

The House has -last I checked- 56? bills awaiting SENATE action- if you want something done- call Harry Reid

Also, don't forget Harry and Nancy controlled BOTH branches for the last 2 (two) years of W, and the first 2 (two) of Obama, guess when spending went hog wild?
  • Mike les_gvt 2012/04/30 06:22:15
    +1
    most of the bills that are awaiting the senate are bills that screw the middle class, those will never pass the senate. and thank god for it, I am not about to pay for a rich mans screw up , get that thru your noodle and you should nat ask me to take cuts in my SSI because the 1% gambled and lost. i see you didn't watch the vid. you have not got it yet, i was rethug till 9-11 happened and i saw a set up , to bad you had to be told what to think
  • les_gvt Mike 2012/04/30 06:35:14
    les_gvt
    +3
    I get it- you are afraid you will not get your freebies for an extra 25 years- gotcha

enjoy it while it lasts, because people living off the public dole is why this nation is bankrupt- the question is, once your freebies end, how are you going to support yourself?

and the 1% you ar talking about- the vast majority of them are democraps- just like you
  • Mike les_gvt 2012/05/01 17:09:45
    I an not a dem either, good job assuming
  • diane RN Mike 2012/05/01 15:02:58
    diane RN
    +2
    They are not passing the bills because the repubs are listening to their constituents, thats why they slam dunked you guys in the last election.
  • Mike diane RN 2012/05/01 17:10:17
    the only constituents they have are corps, what makes you think your one of them LOL
  • diane RN Mike 2012/05/01 17:58:27
    diane RN
    +2
    Well, whether its the corps or not, they still vote as I would! The result is whats important not how it gets there!
  • Mike diane RN 2012/05/01 20:03:21
    not if your best interests are at stake, they almost ran this country into the ground, what more do you need???
  • Mike les_gvt 2012/04/30 06:01:51
  • les_gvt Mike 2012/04/30 06:29:34
    les_gvt
    +1
    not sur what this has to do with the point you are wanting to make, it has nothing to do with JFK or out of control spending, .

There are many questions that will never be answered about 9/11, but knowing the design of WTC and thee way the skin of the building held the floors, once that metal warped and started to bend, it would have been a domino effect, lots of weight at lots of speed.

I do admit bldg 7 is intriguing, not sure there, so now please tell me how this relates to LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Reid, Pelosi,.

Maybe you should lay the blame for this at Clinton's feet- he had the chance to take osama, and did not do it. If he had, 9/11 may have never happened

2014/11/28 09:05:03