LET THIS VIRAL PICTURE OF AN NYPD COP GIVING A HOMELESS MAN WINTER BOOTS RESTORE YOUR FAITH IN HUMANITY

doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~ 2012/11/30 14:05:11
‘Tis the season of giving, and no time was that more apparent than on a street corner in New York City earlier this month.

That’s when a tourist witnessed an NYPD officer giving a homeless man without shoes — and with blistered feed — a pair of winter boots. The photo taken of the scene, unbeknown to the officer at the time, has since gone viral. blistered feed pair winter boots photo scene unbeknown officer viral The cellphone photo of Officer Lawrence DePrimo, snapped by Jennifer Foster of Florence, Ariz., on Nov. 14, has been made it onto news sites and blogs around the world. The photo posted on the NYPD’s official Facebook page has been liked more than 315,000 times and shared more than 74,000 times. According to the New York Times, as of Wednesday evening it had been viewed by more than 1.6 million people.

Here’s how Foster, who is the communications director for the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office in Arizona, set the scene, according to the NYPD’s post:

“Right when I was about to approach, one of your officers came up behind him. The officer said, ‘I have these size 12 boots for you, they are all-weather. Let’s put them on and take care of you.’ The officer squatted down on the ground and proceeded to put socks and the new boots on this man. The officer expected NOTHING in return and did not know I was watching. I have been in law enforcement for 17 years. I was never so impressed in my life. I did not get the officer’s name. It is important, I think, for all of us to remember the real reason we are in this line of work. The reminder this officer gave to our profession in his presentation of human kindness has not been lost on myself or any of the Arizona law enforcement officials with whom this story has been shared.” http://www.theblaze.com/stories/let-this-viral-picture-of-an-...

Read More: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/let-this-viral-pic...

• Squatch 2012/11/30 14:30:45 (edited)
    Squatch
    +6
    My brother is a cop and a lot of these guys have hearts of gold. Too bad the media only likes to publicize stuff like Rodney King.

+1
    Good for him.
  • Cal 2012/12/01 08:40:07 (edited)
    Cal
    +1
    Yes. Good for the officer! It's rare for the media to show the good stuff. They usually make money of the bad stuff and fuel the cop hate. I'm glad this officer got into the spot light. Law enforcement is in my future in the next year hopefully.
  • flrdsgns 2012/12/01 02:33:11
    flrdsgns
    +1
    I heard that cop being interviewed this morning. What a heartwarming story and the store played it forward by offering the cop a discount.
  • santa6642 2012/12/01 00:11:52
    santa6642
    +1
    Well Done
  • D Hanes 2012/11/30 18:41:45
    D Hanes
    +1
    It does..,brings tears to my eyes. Thank God for people like him!
  • Wulfdane 2012/11/30 18:27:51 (edited)
    Wulfdane
    +1
    While it hardly restored my faith in humanity, it does tell me that on an individual level there are good people in this world.
  • April K. 2012/11/30 16:57:31
    April K.
    +2
    That's really sweet... There are people with actual hearts out there.
  • Liz 2012/11/30 15:53:13
    Liz
    +1
    This is a very heartwarming story police officers are the good guys..except when they go bad
  • D Hanes Liz 2012/11/30 18:42:20
    D Hanes
    +1
    Just like everyone else, right!
  • Liz D Hanes 2012/12/01 01:45:44
    Liz
    yup..true that!
  • Rodimus Knight 2012/11/30 15:21:46
    Rodimus Knight
    +2
    Good to see
  • G.J. the time has come to s... 2012/11/30 14:34:41
    G.J. the time has come to switch
    +2
    In New York the policeman have shown many times they go far beyond their job description to help other Pass this story on, Let your friends know this story policeman can be wonderful people. the time to degrade them should be over I have found most policeman are as wonderful as this man.
  • Squatch 2012/11/30 14:30:45 (edited)
    Squatch
    +6
  • Mrs. Kathy Arch 2012/11/30 14:28:44
    Mrs. Kathy Arch
    +4
    What a heartwarming story.
  • jere.chievres 2012/11/30 14:26:43
    jere.chievres
    +5
    Great news, most policemen are good guys, it just an aberration when they go bad.
  • Angelique ~ Pfffft! ;)~ 2012/11/30 14:22:30
    Angelique ~ Pfffft!  ;)~
    +5
    People like him restore my faith in humanity!
  • Howler 2012/11/30 14:21:44 (edited)
    Howler
    +4
    It doesn't really restore it for me, but it helps to somewhat maintain it...God bless both of those people.

But, then there is the Progressive political faction which has infiltrated the minds, the lives, the culture, the beliefs, the tradition, the exceptionalism, the patriotism, the accountability, the character, the competitive spirit and the individual freedom of humans in the U.S.A. supposedly "lead" by a disgrace to humanity called Barack Obama.

And I cringe and shake my head in sadness as I watch him seem to hoodwink so many decent people whom he knows are vulnerable and gullible to his false promises and pseudo-concern for the health, wealth, and sustenance of America as a sovereign nation and last best - yet imperfect - earthly hope for a very flawed, decadent world.
  • dear•LT13☻ 2012/11/30 14:12:53

2014/11/01 09:53:23