Lawyers to anti-Chick-fil-A mayors: Make my day

doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~ 2012/07/27 11:00:40
THREATS TO CHICK-FIL-A 'HEIGHT OF STUPIDITY'
Mayors around the country, who have been scoring points with their leftist political base by threatening to use the power of their office to punish Chick-fil-A restaurants for the religious beliefs followed by the company's chief, may soon have to decide if they want to play a game of chicken ... legal chicken.

Attorneys sympathetic to the Christian-owned company have a bone to pick ... and they say the plucking will be easy.

Would you like fries with your lawsuit? A legal team that specializes in religious and civil rights and the Constitution says city officials who are promising to punish Chick-fil-A restaurants for the religious beliefs followed by their chief are asking for trouble.

“These government officials ought to be ashamed. For a public official to threaten denial of a right to do business because the president of a private company supports natural marriage is the height of stupidity and intolerance,” said Mathew Staver, chief of Liberty Counsel. “There is absolutely no evidence that Chick-fil-A has discriminated against anyone,” Staver continued. “The intolerance displayed by these government officials ought to serve as a wakeup call to the majority of Americans who support the commonsense understanding of natural marriage.

“If given the chance, these intolerant officials would silence anyone who supports natural marriage. They have placed extreme ideology over freedom,” Staver said.

“To deny business permits or zoning approvals to Chick-fil-A because the president of the privately owned family business expressed his biblical view of natural marriage is outrageous. Any city trying to ban Chick-fil-A will not win this battle,” Staver said .John Hayward at Human Events said the attacks are reaching unhealthy levels.

“The name of the game being played against Chick-fil-A involved ending the discussion, by ruling one side of this important social debate completely out of order, and dismissing their beliefs as unworthy of respect. All resistance to gay marriage is instantly transmuted into personal hatred of gay people. On the other hand, criticism of traditional marriage proponents cannot be viewed as hateful, no matter how angrily it might be expressed. It’s a rigged heads-we-win, tails-you-lose game,” he said.

Chick-fil-A appears to have taken itself off the soapbox, at least for now, with a corporate statement that said: “The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect – regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 restaurants run by independent owner/operators. Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.”

Read More: http://www.wnd.com/2012/07/threats-to-chick-fil-a-...

• gvc 2012/08/01 17:21:36
    gvc
    +1
    I hope these Mayor's make good on their threats. I would love to see them ground to dust!
  • HOMBRE 2012/07/29 02:02:24
    HOMBRE
    +1
    Maybe the left should boycott Chick-fil-A a day and all eat cheese filled hot dogs.Something that squirts in their mouth obama eating a hot dog
  • doofieg... HOMBRE 2012/07/29 09:23:02
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +1
    You are So Bad! Love it!
  • The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA 2012/07/29 01:56:39
    The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Good for them! About time lawyers got something right!
  • Old Salt 2012/07/27 21:33:28
  • Vision of Verve 2012/07/27 21:20:20
  • ScoutLdr 2012/07/27 18:38:49
    ScoutLdr
    +3
    No business owner should be threatened by the government for speaking their mind. To allow the government to even attempt this, has a chilling effect upon First Amendment guarantees of Freedom of Speech. Go get 'em Chick-fil-A! Everyone, please support Chick-fil-A in this battle against Political Correctness!
  • EvieConner ScoutLdr 2012/07/27 19:17:55
    EvieConner
    No Chick-Fil-A here :-)
  • ScoutLdr EvieConner 2012/07/28 02:24:12 (edited)
    ScoutLdr
    +2
    But EvieConner you'er surrounded by them! There's one at 32800 Us Highway 19 N in Palm Harbor. That one is very close to you. This one is an bit of a drive, but still worth it,I used go here all the time, you will like it,3246 Little Road Trinity,FL
    This only ate here twice 3740 Tampa Road,Oldsmar, FL. Plus if head down to Tampa there are Chic-fil-A's in and outside of the city. One of best is right down the road from McDill AFB on 609 S Dale Mabry Hwy. I when to this one for two years before I left for Japan. Enjoy Florida and Chic-fil-A!!!! ;-)
  • EvieConner ScoutLdr 2012/07/28 02:53:32
    EvieConner
    Surrounded by Chick-Fil-A's - not leaving a cent in any of them ...
  • ScoutLdr EvieConner 2012/07/28 04:09:51
    ScoutLdr
    +3
    Great more for me! When I'm back in the states, I will show my support for Chick-fil-A!
  • EvieConner ScoutLdr 2012/07/28 02:58:30
    EvieConner
    Nope - I don't even stop at the Chick-Fil-A when I go to the base ...
  • ScoutLdr EvieConner 2012/07/28 04:08:36
    ScoutLdr
    +3
    Your choice, isn't freedom a wonderful thing!
  • EvieConner ScoutLdr 2012/07/28 03:00:27
    EvieConner
    LOL!!! You may know my oldest :-)
  • ScoutLdr EvieConner 2012/07/28 04:10:01
    ScoutLdr
    +1
    I just might! LOL ;-)
  • EvieConner ScoutLdr 2012/07/28 03:01:59
    EvieConner
    So - if they had a sign saying "Whites Only" you would be OK with that?
  • ScoutLdr EvieConner 2012/07/28 04:07:53 (edited)
    ScoutLdr
    +4
    First of all gay is not the new "Black"! My Dad was Black and First Nation(Canadian Indian) and my Mom is Arab, Black and White(German). I 'm not down with that comparison. Nor are my Black relations and friends. Over 5,000 Black male and females were Lynched in America. How many gays? Under 20 know cases. Jim Crows laws were aimed at Blacks , not gays.This why Romney received a standing ovation at NAACP for his opposition to same sex marriage. Having been raise in Chicago, there were many places that didn't like my tanned face. Didn't want me or my Italian ex- wife in their establishment. So, I took my money elsewhere and never gave them a second thought. Because the Constitution protects all speech and attitudes,even that which you may consider negative. The Government be it local, state or Federal has no right trying to suppress free speech, period.
  • LadyBGood ScoutLdr 2012/07/28 18:01:54
    LadyBGood
    +3
    Right on ScoutLdr....and thank you for your service!

applauding
  • doofieg... EvieConner 2012/07/28 09:54:20
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +1
    Why do libs Always pull that stupid overused race card? Don't you have Anything else? This comment has no place or reason to be on this thread!
  • keeper 2012/07/27 17:27:05
    keeper
    +4
    I love it.... I hope the lawyers come out with guns a blazing!!!
  • EvieConner keeper 2012/07/27 19:19:03
    EvieConner
    Lawyers doing what lawyers do ... this is the 21st century ambulance chaser :-) AWESOME!!!
  • doofieg... EvieConner 2012/07/27 20:26:44
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +3
    4 hour old nut case on the loose!
  • EvieConner doofieg... 2012/07/27 20:30:48
    EvieConner
    +1
    MUAH dear ~ everyone must start somewhere :-) Gotta get down who the players are ... I take it you are Mittwit ...
  • doofieg... EvieConner 2012/07/27 20:33:06
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +4
    No, but I will back him! NOBAMA 2012
  • EvieConner doofieg... 2012/07/28 02:59:16
    EvieConner
    So you are a Mittiot ...
  • Oaces_b... EvieConner 2012/07/28 18:00:08
  • gvc EvieConner 2012/08/01 17:24:54
    gvc
    +1
    Wow, you are really winning friends and influncing people. LOL typical Liberal!!!
  • ScoutLdr EvieConner 2012/07/28 02:28:49
    ScoutLdr
    +4
    Yes, Attorneys defending Constitutional Freedoms isn't that Awesome!!
  • Old Salt 2012/07/27 16:50:31
  • Wahvlvke 2012/07/27 13:45:05
    Wahvlvke
    +5
    I eagerly await Chicago, Boston and any other Libertardburg going down in flame. Meanwhile ... off to Chick-Fil-A for a mid morning snack.
  • Demonic Rat Hunter 2012/07/27 13:14:16
    Demonic Rat Hunter
    +3
    But the obama supports Hot Dog Vendors
    obama gay hot dog obama gay hot dog

While Americans support Chick-fil-a
  • EvieConner Demonic... 2012/07/27 19:20:04
    EvieConner
    HATEtriotism is not pretty :-(
  • gvc EvieConner 2012/08/01 17:25:58
    gvc
    +1
    Aren't you the poster child for Hate??
  • Bill ~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/27 13:02:17
    Bill ~PWCM~JLA
    +6
    I'll boycott any city that give Chick-Fil-A any crap over this.

August 1.... Eat more Chicken! I am.
  • EvieConner Bill ~P... 2012/07/27 19:22:05
    EvieConner
    Too bad they don't have a homophobic sheet, huh? No Chikin here :-)
  • Bill ~P... EvieConner 2012/07/27 20:25:24
    Bill ~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    I'm not homophobic. I just don't like you people jammin your behaviour down my throat and telling me I have to accept it as normal. It isn't.
  • Oaces_b... EvieConner 2012/07/28 18:02:10
  • LarryFine 2012/07/27 12:42:03
    LarryFine
    +7
    Already sent an email to the dishonorable ThomASS Menino, bonehead of Boston. Told him he's lost any entertainment dollars my wife and I may have spent in his city. We have options and will use them. Of course, we already boycotted Boston over his pathetic rants about Arizona's immigration law.
  • Sport_Geoff 2012/07/27 12:15:05 (edited)
    Sport_Geoff
    +7
    The new Miranda Rights under Obama and the liberals:

You need to STFU because you no doubt are a racist homophobe and we don't care what your beliefs are. Ours are the only ones that are right.

Anything you say can and will be twisted and used against you in the nearest Kangaroo court to prove that you are a racist homophobe:

You have the right to a racist homophobe attorney to give the appearance you were properly represented in a court of law.

If you cannot afford an attorney and Obama shill will be appointed to represent you and convince you that you truly are a racist homophobe.

How's that FUNDAMENTAL CHANGE working out for all of you who were suckered into voting for Obama? Make no mistake, the mayors and people driving this type of control are all Obama supporters and doing his bidding. What's next and how long before your messiah steps on your toes? Not long because "power corrupts and absolute power absolutely corrupts". Anybody know what happens once a sheep herder herds all of his sheep into a pen? They are sheered and slaughtered. So keep following the Marxist in chief as you bleat in unison ...OBAAAAAMAAAAA.....
  • Sgt Major B 2012/07/27 12:00:14
    Sgt Major B
    +8
    Time for the legal system to stomp on the hate-filled left!

2014/09/21 20:12:53