Last evening Governor Perry claimed Social Security is a Ponzi scheme take a peek a t this picture and figure out what is wrong and why it really is. Everyone should be outraged

iamnothere 2011/09/08 12:23:01
A picture taken at a social security office in San Antonio Tx. this year

See any gray or white hair or any older retired folks amongst the crowd..????

antonio tx year gray white hair older retired folks crowd

A friend went to the social security office this week to file for Medicare because it is the only way to keep medical insurance when you turn 65.
He took a picture of the waiting room. Please tell me if you can find a retired person in the place!!!!
It's called "disability" insurance!!!! You no longer have to wonder why SS is broke!!! These people do not pay into the system, nor are they disabled!!! Please spread this picture to everyone you know. Our country is going broke on this fraud!!! Go down to your SS office and check it out.

• LarryFine 2011/09/08 13:23:35
    LarryFine
    +9
    Ponzi scheme or not, SS is just another mismanaged government program like every other. Government bureaucrats know they are accountable to nobody when it comes to the loss and mismanagement of our money. Madoff will spend the rest of his life in jail for the same activities we've allowed our government officials to get away with for years.

• Diane Hawley 2011/09/25 21:57:34
    Diane Hawley
    +2
    I was a hard working american before I got hurt and disabled because my employer did not want to spent the money that could have prevented this injury. I have had a spinal fusion, and laminectomy. The surgeons placed the wrong screws in my back with has cause permanent nerve damage, chronic pain and sciatica. I agree that it may be abused by some but walk in a persons shoes before making a judgement.
  • iamnothere Diane H... 2011/09/25 23:58:06
    iamnothere
    no one said there are not valid claims..
  • ur XLNC-PWCM 2011/09/17 19:51:34
    ur XLNC-PWCM
    +1
    If I'm not mistaken....OUR money has been taken away from its intended purpose by some party(s) with access to the purse strings, and disbursed to these people to such an extent that the original purpose is now secondary or maybe THIRDARY (my new word for today). On top of this Congress finds the lure of SO MUCH money, laying around unspent, IRRESISTABLE!
  • C. C. Rider 2011/09/12 22:20:35
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    I don't see anywhere in that pic that proves that was a SS office. It does resemble the Republican Headquaters tho.
  • iamnothere C. C. R... 2011/09/13 10:52:40
    iamnothere
    suggestion at the end of the blog. re read that and go look
  • C. C. R... iamnothere 2011/09/13 20:42:31
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    oh, you mean where you call every one a slug for being there? How do you know what they were doing there? OR where you say it looks like a welfare office? And my favorite where you assume every one should have white hair or they are there for disability. I am not going to go into how many DIFFERENT services are done at a SS office. But I can assure you after reviewing the pic, it looks like NO ONE was there to get disability. But I see some one was there to start vicious lies about what was going on there. Tea Party Tard anyone?
  • iamnothere C. C. R... 2011/09/14 00:52:58
    iamnothere
    yes it was a vicious lie started by the debtocraps.. back in FDR days
  • C. C. R... iamnothere 2011/09/14 11:10:03
    C. C. Rider
    Well, my dear, PLEASE be the first to RUN, not walk, and return any money SS will ever give you. Be a trend setter!!!
  • iamnothere C. C. R... 2011/09/14 14:46:19
    iamnothere
    my name is not Warren Buffet..
  • C. C. Rider 2011/09/12 22:14:38
    C. C. Rider
    +2
    MY GOD, right about the time Scarry Perry was announcing how he was going to change Medicare to a Ponzi scheme (He graduated "scum de the lowest" from Madaoff college.) Texas was declaring itself a disaster. coincidence? I think not!!! They have been thu this before

scum lowest madaoff college texas declaring disaster coincidence thu rick perry as George bush  been there done that

Texas knows a disaster when they see one.
  • Patriot Unit 2011/09/10 02:04:10
    Patriot Unit
    +1
    Well I have to agree with the top opinion, it was set up that way, and has followed the model ever sense.
  • Bevos 2011/09/09 14:21:10
    Bevos
    +1
    When I applied for SS at the age of 63 1/2 The lady in the SS office, asked me if I wanted her to put me right on Disability. I asked, why would we do that? She said so I could go onto Medicare and Medicaid, immediately. I said no thank you. I will wait till I am 65 for Medicare. I wonder how many people would jump at that chance? By the pic, I would say a lot!!!
  • iamnothere Bevos 2011/09/09 14:24:19
    iamnothere
    +1
    by that pic I wonder if anyone is over 45
  • Bevos iamnothere 2011/09/09 14:28:06
    Bevos
    +2
    Doesn't look like it. Looks more like a welfare office.
  • iamnothere Bevos 2011/09/09 14:30:29
    iamnothere
    +1
    that was the point of this blog..
  • out damned spot 2011/09/09 07:03:17
  • Jackie 2011/09/09 02:17:44
    Jackie
    +2
    The government only knows how to waste money. Not how to run anything legitmately.
  • hasher 2011/09/09 00:06:43
    hasher
    +1
    the wrong ppl are getting ssi or whatever. gov rick snyder of mich is putt ing stop to it 4 year limit and thats it. come oct 1 some people are going to get cut off except the disabled. should be interesting.
  • S. Gompers 2011/09/08 22:31:23
    S. Gompers
    +1
    I have been in their several times in my life, once to get a replacement S.S. card after losing my wallet, to get the kids S.S. cards, and to get a 10 year work history print out that was required for a job.

Someone probably thought I was scamming the system also.
  • ronbo51 2011/09/08 22:19:30
    ronbo51
    +2
    bet there are a bunch of illegals in that picture!!!
    i dont see one gray haired in the group. what asswipes!

Perry has a theorhetical point. may not be visible to all . a dummy he is not.
  • Bella 2011/09/08 21:50:09
    Bella
    +1
    So now when people show up for SS card they'll be used for "spin?" not much truth came out of Perry's mouth last night
  • iamnothere Bella 2011/09/09 00:24:59
    iamnothere
    and just what do you see as spin?
  • Luca Bella 2011/09/09 00:36:11
    Luca
    +2
    well, i thought Perry could have articulated his point much better than he did, but he is absolutely correct. A ponzi scheme is like a pryamid scheme...everyone contributes but the ones at the top benefit. IN this case, Social Security money that you and I put in, is being used for other things than its intended purposes...this is why it has 15 TRILLION dollars of unfunded liabilities (debt). So, let us say you are 25 and for the next 40 years to have to take a portion of your wages and it goes into SS. You would expect to be able to get your money back, yes? NOPE...sorry, it will be totally bankrupt by 2032. THAT is why he referred to it as a Ponzi scheme...YOUR money is GONE! stolen by the very people whom you entrusted to preserve your interests. Medicare has 80 TRILLION worth of unfunded liabilties!! This is what Liberals simply just do not wish to grasp...there will be NO MORE MONEY for you, your granny, your children, your friends...IF SOMETHING IS NOT DONE!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
  • Bella Luca 2011/09/09 21:27:09
    Bella
    +2
    SS is running at 100% until 2038 then it will run at 80%, which it can do forever. Wall street wants all that money put in private sector, they want that money soooooo bad
  • Luca Bella 2011/09/09 21:34:22
    Luca
    +1
    My dates where a little off, but my facts seem solid:

5/18/11)- The latest annual report from the trustees of the Medicare fund estimated that the program's hospital fund will be exhausted in 2024, which was five years earlier than previous estimates. This was caused by the fact that payroll tax revenues were much lower than previously estimated. Medicare now covers 47.5 million people who are 65 and older or who are disabled.

On the other hand the trustees for the Social Security trust fund lowered their estimate for the solvency of that fund to be in 2036, but at the same time they estimated that tax revenue would be sufficient to pay three-fourths of the promised benefits through 2085,

Social Security and Medicare currently account for more than one-third of all federal spending.

The trustees also noted that the trust fund for the Social Security's disability fund would be exhausted in 2018.

The 6 trustees, 3 cabinet officers, the Socials Security Commissioner and the two public representatives, Charles P. Blahous III and Robert D. Reischauer signed the reports.

(4/1/11)- The latest estimates are that the Social Security fund can survive intact through about 2040 and Medicare through 2029. The Social Security Disability Insurance program (SSDI) will go under in 4 to 7 years unles...

(4/1/11)- The latest estimates are that the Social Security fund can survive intact through about 2040 and Medicare through 2029. The Social Security Disability Insurance program (SSDI) will go under in 4 to 7 years unless the federal government intervenes to save it.

In 2000 there were 6.6 million beneficiaries receiving SSDI payments, and this number has grown to 10.2 million in 2010.

(10/16/10)- By 2016, Social Security will begin paying more in benefits than it will collect in payroll taxes. This trust fund will be exhausted by 2037.

http://www.therubins.com/socs...
  • Bella Luca 2011/09/09 21:40:38
    Bella
    +2
    You are confusing SS with SSI. not the same. SS is rich which is why wall street wants it privatized, they want those riches. SSI is going broke and there is talk of SS funds being used.
  • Luca Bella 2011/09/09 21:41:59
    Luca
    +1
    i provided the link which has a break-down on ALL the entities. I just grabbed a piece of it.
  • dlsofsetx 2011/09/08 21:49:57
    dlsofsetx
    +1
    Perry is right.
  • Charles R. Anderson 2011/09/08 21:29:09
    Charles R. Anderson
    +1
    This is interesting and indeed the disability side of SS is much abused. It is also true that we are about to have a huge number of Baby Boomers retire and they will live more than 20 years on SS, which is about 11 times longer than people lived on it when it was started. Perhaps the real reason ObamaCare was passed is so the healthcare system can be so degraded that people will no longer live 20 years or so after retirement! If ObamaCare does not kill us Baby Boomers off in record numbers, our children will become even worse tax slaves than we already are!
  • Mike 2011/09/08 20:53:39 (edited)
    +2
    Great point - It is now being used as welfare !
  • Lynn 2011/09/08 20:29:51
    Lynn
    +2
    Perry is right. Its a Ponzi scheme.
  • JDHARTLV 2011/09/08 20:02:44
    JDHARTLV
    +2
    VERY GOOD POINT.
    +2
    Actually, there are many more people there now because they have lost their access to the internet or never had it in the first place so they have to inquire in person for information.

I am 62, I own a farm. 5 years ago I was thrown off my tractor and broke my back. I was unable to do anything for almost 2 years. SSD helped me greatly. After the two years I went back to work. The process was not fun and I finally had to hire a lawyer to get them to approve my long term disability payments. SSD doesn't just hand out money when someone asks. It is a long and complicated process.
  • hasher sjalan 2011/09/09 00:09:41
    hasher
    +1
    everyones situation is different. disability is a totally different thing and im all for people getting it who truly deserve it. but some people are just in there for a handout.
  • sjalan hasher 2011/09/09 05:19:56
    SS does not give handouts. SSD is a support system for those that have been injuried, become ill or in other ways made temporaily or permentally unemployable.

They want a hand out, then they have to go to the local welfare office. And even they are not doing handouts.
  • iamnothere sjalan 2011/09/09 14:09:31
    iamnothere
    hum bet you vote democrat also
  • sjalan iamnothere 2011/09/09 15:17:16
    I vote for the candidate not the party. I evaluate each by their merits. Right now their are only two Republicans and an independant and that I would even consider voting for other wise I am going to vote for President Obama in 2012.
  • iamnothere sjalan 2011/09/13 10:57:23
    iamnothere
    what great things that Obama has done that would lead you to toss your vote on the messiah?
  • Bevos hasher 2011/09/09 14:45:35 (edited)
    Bevos
    +1
    I agree. I am all for people that CAN'T work, to get it. Same as with Welfare. IF you need it "FOR A TIME", then I have no problem with people getting it. I object to ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS coming here and getting onto the Welfare System. We do NOT owe them a living. Nor do we owe a living to women that the only thing they know is having babies. TOO LAZY to work.
  • iamnothere sjalan 2011/09/09 00:26:06
    iamnothere
    yup till you hired the lawyer bet it wasnt happening though

2014/07/22 09:19:26