L.A. Times: California poll shows Obama with shrinking lead , losing support across the board in liberal California OMG or No Problem

CAPISCE 2012/10/28 18:11:33
OMG, Obama is toast
No problem
LA Times: Even in vividly blue California, President Obama's luster has faded since his historic victory here in 2008, a new poll has found.

Despite his sizable lead over Mitt Romney, the president is unlikely to repeat his historic 2008 margin of victory here because of his diminished power to pull in people who don't traditionally support Democrats, according to the USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times poll.

The drop in appeal across party and demographic lines has translated, at this point, to a 14-point edge over the Republican nominee among likely voters — well below Obama's 24-point victory in 2008, the biggest margin in modern times.
Bottom line is Obama is the least supported Democrat in California as far as polls go back.
Mike Denny is among those who voted for Obama in 2008, grew disenchanted during
his tenure and has decided to support Romney and running mate Paul D. Ryan in
November.

"I thought maybe there would be some kind of change," said
Denny, a Republican from Rossmoor. "I thought he was somebody different, someone
new with new ideas, someone with young ideas. But it's the same old
thing."

Denny, who owns a graphics company, said he was immediately
disappointed when Obama spent the first part of his term tackling healthcare
reform, which Denny opposes because of its impact on small business. He feels
the president neglected the economy, and thinks Romney's corporate resume is
better suited to right the nation's fiscal problems.
Obama loss of support is unpresidented for a Democrat in the state of California

• AdmrlLocke 2012/11/06 09:58:06
    No problem
    AdmrlLocke
    He's not going to lose California, if that's why you're suggesting.
  • Todd Parsons 2012/10/31 17:48:06
    OMG, Obama is toast
    Todd Parsons
    Wow...if he loses Cali...it's over
  • scbluesman13 2012/10/30 20:18:23
    No problem
    scbluesman13
    +1
    You guys think that Obama's 14 point lead in California is news? a 6-10 point edge among a democratic candidate in California is normal for a presidential election. In 2008, the margin of victory (24 pts) was historic. What we're seeing now is still better than normal, only because so many moderate voters out here still have such disdain for Romney. Women's rights and healthcare issues play BIG in a state like California, and I really don't see Obama coming even close to losing this state. But I understand that the GOP is desperate so they're picking up any ol' steaming pile off the street and calling it candy.
  • CAPISCE scblues... 2012/10/31 03:07:21
    CAPISCE
    Didn't bother to read it did you?
  • mich52 2012/10/30 18:47:01
  • Wilde~MoonChild ™ 2012/10/30 17:11:08
    No problem
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +2
    LMAO.. You're missing a CHUNK of this article:
    "We need to get jobs back," said the 45-year-old. "I think he has a plan to put more jobs into the economy, and he's got more business experience."

The poll, conducted for The Times and the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences, showed that Obama's level of support now reflects the traditional advantage for a Democrat in California, rather than exceeding it as he did in 2008.

His margin is 3 percentage points shy of Sen. Dianne Feinstein's lead over Republican Elizabeth Emken in the same poll, and 1 point more than Gov. Jerry Brown's winning margin over GOP nominee Meg Whitman in the 2010 race for governor.

The poll found that 51% of Californians believe that the nation is moving in the wrong direction, not surprising in a state where unemployment continues to be higher than the national average and the state is mired in budget woes, facing either tax hikes or biting cuts to schools and public services. But that was an improvement over a 2011 poll that showed nearly 3 out of 4 held the same sentiment.

The fact that the president is doing well here despite qualms about the direction of the nation reflects Democrats' strength in California, where not a single Republican was elected to statewide office in 2010. Obam...

The fact that the president is doing well here despite qualms about the direction of the nation reflects Democrats' strength in California, where not a single Republican was elected to statewide office in 2010. Obama maintains strong support among key Democratic constituencies. He leads Romney among likely Latino voters by 52 percentage points, and among likely female voters by 26 points — numbers roughly consistent with his performance against McCain.

And where in the article does it say this: Obama loss of support is unpresidented for a Democrat in the state of California!
  • mich52 Wilde~M... 2012/10/30 18:51:47
  • CAPISCE mich52 2012/10/31 03:12:09
    CAPISCE
    Like the Libya truth?, let me know what the DNC decides the truth is in there eyes---the rest of America is already clear on that.
    How about Fast and Furious? Yep I just listed two of the most serious scandals in American history and it only took Obama about a year to accomplish both----oh yea, he's historic all right
  • mich52 CAPISCE 2012/10/31 05:03:56
  • Magus BN-0 2012/10/30 17:02:14
    No problem
    Magus BN-0
    +2
    This is an amazingly delusional example of wishful thinking by conservatives.
  • WankerBait 2012/10/30 15:36:11
    No problem
    WankerBait
    +2
    14 point lead vs. a disgruntled "Republican" .... What is one to believe?
  • Ashley 2012/10/30 15:05:23
    OMG, Obama is toast
    Ashley
    This would be great if it happens.
  • Giantfan 2012/10/30 14:26:58
    No problem
    Giantfan
    +3
    As hard as republicans try they can't break the bonds of conservatism and always revert back to their old ways. If it wasn't this excuse of healthcare it would have been some other excuse to revert back to his old ways.
  • John Galt jr or Ron/jon 2012/10/30 04:29:07
    No problem
    John Galt jr or Ron/jon
    +1
    No problem those votes are going to me, Jill Stein and Gary Johnson...
    not Romney
    http://webstation19.8k.com/20...
  • konalimu 2012/10/29 21:19:17
    OMG, Obama is toast
    konalimu
    +1
    President obama lied and 4 Americans died!
  • Idiot r... konalimu 2012/10/30 14:37:29
    Idiot repubs
    +3
    As opposed to the tens of thousands when bush lied,.
  • konalimu Idiot r... 2012/10/30 17:25:28
    konalimu
    Bush has been gone 4 years now, and there are no real time of Bush watching our guys being killed live and not send any help.

Would you have call 911 if you saw our guys out numbed, out gunned?
  • AL 2012/10/29 20:46:24
    OMG, Obama is toast
    AL
    +1
    When the commies start jumping ship,you know comrade Obama is in real trouble
  • micha77 2012/10/29 16:32:30
    OMG, Obama is toast
    micha77
    +2
    It would be nice to see Cali turn Ronald Reagan Red.
  • Ripley 2012/10/29 14:30:22
    No problem
    Ripley
    +2
    it will remain blue
  • AL Ripley 2012/10/29 20:48:00
    AL
    Not if Obamas commie friends start turning on him!
  • Ripley AL 2012/10/29 20:53:25
    Ripley
    +1
    I hope so
  • Tic-Toc 2012/10/29 05:30:50
    OMG, Obama is toast
    Tic-Toc
    +1
    Boo Hooo I am so sad.
  • Centurion~PWCM~JLA 2012/10/29 04:43:08
    OMG, Obama is toast
    Centurion~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    I'd be happy to see that but happier with California AND Oregon going bright crimson red!
  • Centuri... Centuri... 2012/10/29 04:46:46
  • notPCguy ~JLA~ 2012/10/29 04:37:46
    OMG, Obama is toast
    notPCguy ~JLA~
    +4
    This Would be so SWEEEET if he lost CA
  • AL notPCgu... 2012/10/29 20:49:20
    AL
    +1
    They might have to put Obama in a rubber room if that happens!
  • notPCgu... AL 2012/10/29 23:17:22
    notPCguy ~JLA~
    +1
    Even better....
  • cc 2012/10/29 03:44:30
    OMG, Obama is toast
    cc
    +2
    That's what happens when you suck!
  • Simi Dave 2012/10/29 01:33:35
    No problem
    Simi Dave
    +3
    It's a tough call, given the choices. I can't see Barry losing Cali, but I do think he's losing massive support across the country, and it IS time for him to be sweating!
    Barry, better warm up that ghost writer of yours!
    OMG, Obama is toast
    +5
    Californi hasn't gone red since Reagan -- I think
  • Centuri... Jackie ... 2012/10/29 04:48:36
    Centurion~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    I lived in the Sacramento Area when Reagan defeated Mondale in 1984. It was great!

1984 Election Map
  • lcky9 2012/10/29 00:42:36
    OMG, Obama is toast
    lcky9
    +4
    OMG.. Don't know if that makes him toast but it does give me hope in the AMERICAN PEOPLE having woken up.. and it will be generations before they change parties or vote just cause SOMEONE sounds good in a teleprompter speech..
  • Ron in Oregon 2012/10/28 23:58:56
    OMG, Obama is toast
    Ron in Oregon
    +3
    Woody, on Cheers also ran for public office on the platform of change.
    That show was cancelled also.
  • Margaret Jacobson 2012/10/28 23:49:52
    No problem
    Margaret Jacobson
    +2
    These voters in California somehow think that Obama is going to some magic and BAIL THEM OUT !! DUH !! the ones that are illegal are eating for the dream act ?? There are those who are then bringing the whole immediate $ extended family here (to live here to get tons of benefits ) ......, I remember a saying growing up that is....."vote early, vote often" .translated means vet multiple times !! Obama will win !!
    OMG, Obama is toast
    +6
    Californians voted for Gov Moonbeam again, still vote for the nit-wit Pelosi, and the always liberal Boxer which I find truly amazing so I think liberal insanity will continue to rule and Obama will carry the state again even though common sense should be enough to convince them that it's a big mistake.
  • Margare... none 2012/10/28 23:44:12
    Margaret Jacobson
    +2
    Years ago nancy pelosi was nancy Delsandro. She left Baltimore and moved to California . Her father, grandfather and brother were very big in politics here. She knows very item se in her life. Obama is just like most of them . Sometimes I think that both parties are not much different . Trouble ahead . We have tons of debt... We have to pay trillions in debt....guns & butter says it all !!
  • Ron in ... none 2012/10/28 23:48:03
    Ron in Oregon
    +3
    I will be amazed if the left coast wakes up before November 6th.
  • Independent Thinker 2012/10/28 21:47:38
    No problem
    Independent Thinker
    +4
    Mmmm....not sure what no problem means but is my best option in order to express my viewpoint.

The President is now facing the reality of his real-life situation. Many are jumping ship and he is tredding water.

Just this morning the Des Moines Register (who supported the President 4 years ago and endorsed dems for 40 years) gave Romney their endorsement. Reading their comments made me realize even more that the President is in loosing ground..
  • MR. 2012/10/28 21:11:33
    OMG, Obama is toast
    MR.
    +5
    Maybe not in my childhood state of California, but nationwide, this "aweful administration" is loosing ground fast! [giggle] *(ROMNEY/RYAN 2012') -"Shaking it up!"-

2014/09/02 04:22:03