Koch Brothers Admit Global Warming is Real, Vow to Shut Down Coal Mining Operations

Roger47 2012/04/02 05:47:30
They are good men.
I refuse to believe it.  Columbus got lucky he found America before he got to the edge and fell off.
Following a weekend meeting with Richard Muller, noted climate expert on the Koch payroll whose research initially cast doubt on Global Warming, but later confirmed it was real, the Koch brothers have decided to phase out their coal mining operations and concentrate on environmentally sustainable operations such as their toilet paper business.
"We are not bad guys," said David Koch at a press conference earlier today. "We don't want to harm the planet. We are now convinced that our coal business should be shut down for the betterment of mankind. We will be shifting our energy business towards producing sustainable and non-polluting energy from sources such as wind and solar energy. We are also going to explore deriving geothermal energy from the heat deep down in our coal mines."
Muller had previously been a doubter of Global Warming. He had found flaws in the statistics and methodology of some of the Global Warming research. The Koch brothers provided funding for him to assemble a team of scientists to review the work of other climate scientists, so as to show how their shoddy methods resulted in the wrong conclusions being reached. He and his team reviewed the work of the other scientists. While he did find evidence of biases affecting their results, his team concluded that Global Warming is for real, and that 0.6 degrees of the 0.7 degree temperature increase since 1957 is the result of human activity.

Read More: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/1...

• Proggy 2012/04/02 05:55:51
    They are good men.
    Proggy
    +5
    Oh my! What's next, Chris Christie actually GIVING to a food drive?

• Stormy 2012/04/03 06:58:15
    I refuse to believe it. Columbus got lucky he found America before he got to...
    Stormy
    +1
    Whaaaaaaaaaaatt !!! I'll believe it when i see it. But i am waiting for this kind of thing to happen. You may be able to fool the people with climate change denying propaganda but the planet is not buying it. The weather IS getting more and more extreme . FiJi is the latest casualty. Rain rain and more rain.
  • stevmackey 2012/04/02 17:19:05
    stevmackey
    These people vow to kill everyone's job. also, They have been proven wrong. Gore needs people like these to back up his theoretical garbage.
  • Gregaj7 2012/04/02 17:05:36
    +1
    People who accept the "science" behind the hoax of "Global-Warming" ought to do some deeper research. The cause is called "Sun-Spots" or "Solar-flares".
  • Roger47 Gregaj7 2012/04/02 19:30:08
    Roger47
    Wishful thinking.
  • Steve ☮... Roger47 2012/04/03 21:32:09
    Steve ☮ R ☮ P ☮ 2012 ☮
    You obviously have no idea of the political agenda behind the "man made" global warming BS. The Earth is getting warmer, but WE are not the cause.
  • Roger47 Steve ☮... 2012/04/04 06:16:34
    Roger47
    How is it you can be so sure? I've got a friend who is a physics professor at a major university. He says there is no doubt whatsoever that it is real and we are the cause.
  • Steve ☮... Roger47 2012/04/04 23:49:37
    Steve ☮ R ☮ P ☮ 2012 ☮
    And I've heard the exact opposite. So when the scientific community can't look at the same data and draw the same conclusion, yet one side of the argument wants to fundamentally change the face of the planet, I say "follow the money". It's that simple. When there is a motive to promote one side of the story, it stands to reason that you cannot trust that you're being told the truth.

Believe me, I don't buy into anything until I've done my own research, and I've seen completely differnet conclusions on this one from people who seem very credible on both sides. But I've also seen plenty of situations where seemingly credible people are easily persuaded to offer an opinion purely for the potential for personal gain.

I don't claim to know which side is right, but the one who is pushing the plan that I understand the details of, and the repercussions of, isn't the one I trust.
  • Roger47 Steve ☮... 2012/04/05 03:41:49 (edited)
    Roger47
    There is a lot more money being made by continuing to pollute the environment than by all the scientists in the world. And the science behind it is straightforward. CO2 does not absorb the sun's rays, because they are the wrong frequency. But when the rays are reflected back by the Earth's surface as heat waves, they are absorbed by CO2 and other greenhouse gasses because they are a wavelength those gasses absorb. That keeps those heat waves from escaping into space, so the heat stays in the atmosphere and the planet gets warmer.
    One last point. If you were told you might have cancer and might not, and the doctor says to cut it out to be safe because if you wait until the doctors are sure it will be too late to save you, what would you do? That is the position we are in. Should we play it safe, or risk future generations because we are not yet certain of the need to make changes now?
  • ehrhornp 2012/04/02 17:01:09
    They are good men.
    ehrhornp
    +1
    Provided they carry through and "will be shifting our energy business towards producing sustainable and non-polluting energy from sources such as wind and solar energy. We are also going to explore deriving geothermal energy from the heat deep down in our coal mines."

Unfortunately not a sure thing until it is actually done. But am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. They have 2 weeks. lol
  • Ali ~ In My Heart I Trust ~ 2012/04/02 14:54:48
    They are good men.
    Ali ~ In My Heart I Trust ~
    +2
    hahahahahaha! Just kidding. They're horrors on the face of this planet.

april fools
  • H H 2012/04/02 14:51:49
    H H
    The Koch Bros. are members of The Tribe, so John 8:44 applies to them. The important thing to note about Muller is that he is on the Koch payroll.
    The Global Warmers ignore Milankovitch Cycles. Greenland was warm and verdant at the time of the Vikings, sufficiently so to allow for farming. It wasn't Global Warming from the activity of people that created that environment in Greenland a thousand years and longer ago.
    While the climatological effects of human activity are measurable, the assertion that they are of sufficient magnitude to cause major climate changes is absurd. Global Warming is just another leftist scheme.
  • Roger47 H H 2012/04/02 19:32:30
    Roger47
    +1
    By "leftist" you must mean the over 90% worldwide who are not taken in by right wing propaganda.
  • Steve ☮... Roger47 2012/04/03 21:33:45
    Steve ☮ R ☮ P ☮ 2012 ☮
    I think you mean the 10% who aren't paid to go along with the BS globalist propoganda.
  • bob h. 2012/04/02 14:36:50
    bob h.
    +1
    They'll get subsidies, which they'll use to get more throwbacks elected.
  • Bastion 2012/04/02 14:25:46
    Bastion
    +2
    April fool's day is over.
  • Roger47 Bastion 2012/04/02 14:39:26
    Roger47
    +2
    I'm on the West coast. It was still Sunday when I posted.
  • Bastion Roger47 2012/04/02 15:05:45 (edited)
    Bastion
    +1
    Gee, I wonder where the US Treasury went??

koch brothers evil
  • Angela 2012/04/02 13:59:53
    Angela
    The Koch bros. of the shadow gov't. 'brotherhood', are straight up liars..global warming is a fallacy, and made mucho deniro for TPTB!!
  • twocrows 2012/04/02 13:51:17
    twocrows
    +2
    great April Fools prank.
    000
  • Roger47 twocrows 2012/04/02 14:40:23
    Roger47
    +2
    Thanks.
  • irish 2012/04/02 13:25:56
    irish
  • U-Dog 2012/04/02 13:15:35
    They are good men.
    U-Dog
    +2
    Yeah, thanks for the laugh but I think we would sooner find Al Gore on tape boosting about how he and his academic fraud cohorts had swindled the US tax payers out of tens of billions of dollars.
    time ice age
  • Kiosk Kid 2012/04/02 13:09:45
    Kiosk Kid
    +1
    I wonder if Obama's EPA had something to do with it.

"The EPA has issued new proposed rules on carbon emissions that will help Obama keep one campaign promise: Builders of new coal fired power plants won’t be prevented from building coal-fired power plants, they’ll just go bankrupt if they try.

“Proposed emission rules for new power plants unveiled by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on March 27 spell the gradual demise of coal-fired power generation and entrench the current cost advantage for natural gas,” reports Reuters’ John Kemp.

If Obama can’t get the tax portion of the Cap and Tax, I guess he figures he might just as well get the cap portion done."

http://finance.townhall.com/c...

The Koch brothers certainly would sell less coal. They will probably make more money using their mines to heat water.

However, I think there are going to be coal fired plants lining the Candian boarder. The Candians will get the jobs producing the electricity for the US and Liberals can catch and sequestor all the CO2 they want.
  • BrianD3 2012/04/02 11:26:02
    They are good men.
    BrianD3
    +3
    yea right, April Fools
    +2
    BOTH ANSWERS SUCK.

"Koch Brothers Admit Global Warming is Real.."

Fine for them... now they can SIT DOWN and STFU - and get REAL JOBS!
  • Rusty Bubbles 2012/04/02 10:15:05
    They are good men.
    Rusty Bubbles
    They are good men.and will keep the mines open. On the other hand, if the weather we've been getting up here in the northeast is global warming, all I can say is

~~~~~~~~~~BRING IT ON ~~~ I LOVE IT~! ~~~~~
  • \V/ 2012/04/02 07:25:20
  • Roblem BN-0 2012/04/02 07:23:51
    Roblem BN-0
    +2
    April Fools LOL
  • my2cents 2012/04/02 06:21:51
    my2cents
    +2
    Is this an April Fool's Day joke?
  • The Thinking Woman 2012/04/02 06:08:42
    They are good men.
    The Thinking Woman
    +2
    See that, even evil men can turn around for the better. Glory be and hallelujah
  • Proggy 2012/04/02 05:55:51
    They are good men.
    Proggy
    +5
  • Defend ... Proggy 2012/04/02 11:46:23
    Defend Western Civlization
    +3
    if you believe in global warming then sell everything you have and go live in a cave
    so tell me when is al gore and the hollywood liberal progressive elite gonna stop living in Mega Manson's and give up their fleets of private planes and fancy cars?
  • bob h. Defend ... 2012/04/02 14:39:34
    bob h.
    +2
    What's a Mega Manson, a 6ft 5 Charlie?
  • Proggy Defend ... 2012/04/02 18:07:08
    Proggy
    +1
    When the right-wing greed mongers quit emitting poisons into the the air and water and disregarding safety regulations in the name of squeezing out an extra buck, that lead to colossal oil spills.
  • Defend ... Proggy 2012/04/03 01:08:45
    Defend Western Civlization
    And next your gonna claim 9/11 was a inside job and that the Jews Rule America?
  • Proggy Defend ... 2012/04/03 01:22:35
  • Defend ... Proggy 2012/04/03 10:48:48
    Defend Western Civlization
    I see your leftest hate is showing
    by the way are you able to prove your libel about Chris Christie?
  • Proggy Defend ... 2012/04/03 20:52:59
    Proggy
    +1
    Your right-wing ignorance is spilling over. And what the hell are you talking about? What did I say about Chris Christie?
  • Defend ... Proggy 2012/04/04 01:14:11
    Defend Western Civlization
    You do know that's like sitting Chris Christie at a pizza buffet and asking him to control himself.
    Right Wing is a myth pushed by liberal progressives just like the claim that 9/11 was a Inside job
  • Proggy Defend ... 2012/04/04 04:57:25
    Proggy
    +1
    So, are you denying Chris Christie is fat?

2014/10/01 08:28:10