Kiss In Got Peck Off ~ Gay Pride Faux Paux??

snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques 2012/08/06 19:35:46
OPINION Welcome - 'attitude' is NOT! Pls. be civil to your fellow SHs
this isn't a platform/soapbox for hate or rage.
Blog raves welcome.....

Gays' feathers ruffled leading to peck-off backfire - Rowdy Cluckers: The Chick-fil-A Rebellion....

By / 6 August 2012

Well,
the anti-Chick-fil-A thing sort of backfired, now didn’t it? Yep, the
rabid gay crowd thought they were going to shut CFA down, but instead
their fascist demands that Chick-fil-A’s Presidente Dan Cathy repent of
his free speech actually catapulted the fast food chain into record
profits. Cha-ching!

I have one word for that homo faux pas of trying to stifle a private
company’s free speech, it’s: Ahahaha. Boy, you guys really read the
pulse of the American people … Not.

Now, I will give the onerous gay activists this: Aside from the huge
boom in ammo sales since Obama was elected, their boycott of Chick-fil-A
actually spurred the first definitive economic stimulus of the Obama
era. Muchas gracias.

Look, I knew this anti-free speech/chicken sandwich protest was going
to go south when frickin’ Rahm Emanuel and Edwin Mah Lee got out in
front of it. They represent America about as much as I represent PETA. I
kept waiting for Mugatu from Zoolander to pop out and join them by
slaughtering live chickens in a Foghorn Leghorn outfit while dancing to
“Do You Really Want to Hurt Me” in front of some Chippendale boys. But,
alas! It didn’t happen. Who can I sue?

If there’s one thing I know about Americans it’s that they love
Chick-fil-A and free speech. I guess that would be two things. And
Americans peacefully showing up in the hundreds of thousands last
Wednesday to Chick-fil-A restaurants from sea to shining sea showed
anyone with a lick of sense that Americans are not quite ready to bow
and kiss the ring of a special interest group that wants to mitigate
other people’s rights to freedom of expression just because they don’t
kowtow to theirs.

Which brings me to this query: What’s up with this BS that we’ve got
to agree with someone’s view of gay sex before we can buy or sell
chicken sandwiches? When did that edict get passed? We’re damn close to
making Seinfeld’s Soup Nazi look like the most rosy, easygoing consommé
ladler around.

And finally, how come the gay activists got their national dander up
over Chick-fil-A’s exec not being down with Brad and Chad getting
engaged, yet I haven’t heard them say diddly squat about their
intentions to stage a national “Kiss In” at any American mosque or give
the hundreds of black pastors who vehemently oppose gay marriage the
same crap they’ve been giving Chick-fil-A. What’s the matter? You’re not
scared to take them on, are you? You’re not chicken, are you?

I think this past August 1st is a foretaste of what’s coming this
November 6th. It’s all about freedom for all, baby, and you dudes don’t
get it. But Americans do. And they showed up in droves and waited in hot
lines for hours to demonstrate they will not be bullied.

Question Closed

+17
    When are they going to learn to just shut up?? The make themselves look foolish every time they do this sort of thing. America has spoken but they're too ignorant to understand.

• Biki 2012/08/07 18:44:28
    Biki
    +1
    LOL!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Snell for the laugh on a Tuesday. B-)
  • Kronan_1 2012/08/07 18:15:28
    Kronan_1
    +2
    Amen .What else can one say? I think this act of support tells it all.
  • ruthannhausman 2012/08/07 15:05:54
    ruthannhausman
    +3
    I believe two things got proven by this entire incident.

First and foremost, Americans pretty much prefer to mind their own business and take care of their own business with little or no hassle. But they aren't total wusses about it. You can push, push, push and then something snaps. We used to call it the Silent Majority. I still refer to it as such.

Secondly, special interest groups have been getting away with frivolous lawsuits and egregious legislation just by invoking what they interpret to be constitutional provisions. And they've been winning big time, basically being a huge pain in the butt. It's about time that everybody learns a cold, hard fact: America is a country where majority rules. Period. Not minority, but majority. And I am not speaking about blatant discrimination, I'm talking about institutions that have been in place for many, many years and all of a sudden are being torn down because of the abuse of constitutional intent. In other words, we are so damned intent on proving how tolerant we are in the United States that we allow the minority opinions and tastes to trump the majority and get away with it.

As an aside and just my personal opinion here, mind you, but I think the gay activists need to look a lot more closely at their "membership" an...

As an aside and just my personal opinion here, mind you, but I think the gay activists need to look a lot more closely at their "membership" and listen to what is actually being said. The great gay kiss-off didn't come to fruition because the majority of gays, putting aside your opinion of whether their gay lifestyle is "normal" or "abnormal," happen to prefer living a "normal" life, out of the limelight, law-abiding, go to work every day, pay their bills every month and just be a good neighbor and friend to everybody. But the in-your-face radicals fail to see that. Perhaps this experience might enlighten them a wee bit? You think?
  • Biki ruthann... 2012/08/07 18:49:49
    Biki
    I was thinking the same thing, reading your final paragraph.
  • ruthann... Biki 2012/08/07 23:24:23
    ruthannhausman
    +3
    Yay, there's two geniuses in this world! (Joking)

But I am really gratified to see that you are thinking the same thing because I feel strongly that that is the case and I always have, but those stand-out rebel rousers keep popping up and making the gay community look like a bunch of loonies. And, face it, there are so many people who are opposed to homosexuality -- not always homosexuals themselves and that is an important point -- that nobody wants to discuss the subject. It's tricky, to say the least, to sit here and "condemn" the lifestyle but not the lifestylists themselves.

But that is a particularly great thing about America. And the rest of the world doesn't quite understand it. The term "tolerance" is getting thrown around much like a lot of the currently abused English words (racism, for example) but only in America is tolerance really and truly practiced. Heck, see how few Christians or other religious groups are alive and well and living free in the muslim countries, for example. Exceptionalism. Tolerance. America. Synonymous.
  • Biki ruthann... 2012/08/08 00:28:38
    Biki
    +1
    Not that I'm around a lot of gay people mind you. But my brother-in-law is gay, and he doesn't throw it in everyone's face even though the family he came from are staunch Christians. He lives a quiet life with his boy friend, they are raising his boyfriends two daughters from a previous marriage, they pay their bills, they care for their neighbors and neighborhood, they walk their dogs and obey the laws just like everyone else. It's the radical....IN YOUR F'ING FACE....fringe gays that make everyone so mad and dig in their feet to not accept them. If they were just quiet and lived their life like most everyone else, people wouldn't be so damn annoyed by them and their pushy agenda. I don't care what they do in THEIR bedroom, they don't care what I do in MY bedroom, the rest of it is just humans living together. It's the hypocrisy of the fringe ones who ruin it for everyone.
    If they want to marry each other they can figure it out and be miserable just like the rest of us. No two people in any relationship anywhere is ever perfect.
  • captain... Biki 2012/08/08 12:57:39 (edited)
    captainquiggle
    If they were just allowed to get married like everyone else, there'd be no "in your face radicals" arguing for their civil rights.

When you discriminate against a group of people, they will get out and protest against your discrimination. Why shouldn't they?

Block me, because you're a bigot. It's ok. Enjoy it.

Oh, and to Ruthann... you DID block me. I guess it's ok to lie for your cause, huh? You're a piece of work. LOL.
  • Biki captain... 2012/08/08 20:38:57
    Biki
    yes there would be. There will always be those fringe people who want to shove their choices in to everyone elses face so they can become "acceptable" where is the line drawn then....people who want to marry Nubian goats?? They will be yelling for their "civil rights" next???
  • ruthann... captain... 2012/08/09 05:53:17
    ruthannhausman
    I'm not a bigot, you dingbat, and I don't block people. And I never said that the cause was illegitimate. To the contrary, I have a lot of sympathy for their predicament. But because I'm not personally gay, I suppose it's not something that I spend a lot of time advocating. There are just so many, many things today that are going wrong that I have to be careful not to get involved in too many things because then I will (1) fall behind on the things that I have to do and (2) become ineffective because I'm doing too much and therefore can't really do the best job.

My previous comments were strictly directed at what I called "in-your-face" folks because of their bad behavior, period. Of course every American -- at least up to now -- is entitled to form different types of protests to bring attention to legitimate problems, usually having to do with discrimination in the case of gays. But there is peaceful, dignified demonstration and there are OWS hooligans out there destroying people's private property and acting totally obnoxiously and even menacingly and then, in essence, daring you to do anything about it because then they've got grounds to holler "Discrimination. You'll hear from my lawyer tomorrow."

Now stop with the insulting assumption that I would block you and then ...

Now stop with the insulting assumption that I would block you and then I'm ready to hear your apology for calling me a bigot because if there is one thing I am certainly NOT in this life, it's a bigot. And I resent the implication. So get off your high horse and apologize. I, of course, will be my usual, un-bigoted and gracious self and accept your apology.

There now, isn't it fun when we play nice?
  • ruthann... Biki 2012/08/09 05:37:09
    ruthannhausman
    Spoken precisely as I would have put it. And have. Your brother-in-law sounds like the dear friends I was referring to in a previous comment I had made. They were really, really good people -- again, putting aside all references to their particular lifestyle and its acceptance/rejection by other people -- and fun to be around.

And I totally agree about the in-your-face types. But that's true with all IYF's, regardless of subject matter. But then there are just some people who aren't going to be nice no matter what you try to do or say. I had the same hot-temper feelings about women's libbers. Oh, lordy, don't get me started on those obnoxious babes!
  • captain... ruthann... 2012/08/08 12:55:10 (edited)
    captainquiggle
    How about "civil rights"? Ever hear of that term?

How about every law-abiding citizen is entitled to them? How about marriage IS a civil right? How about precedent is set in law to allow gays their civil right to marriage, because gays are protected equally under the law.

I guess you don't hear those words thrown around enough.

The great thing about American law is that is sets precedent and follows through on that. Gay marriage will be legal soon enough.

RUTHAN blocked me, too. LOL.
  • ruthann... captain... 2012/08/09 06:09:19
    ruthannhausman
    Who do you think you're lecturing to, kiddo? Of course I've heard of civil rights. But I've also heard of things like the ACLU and law degrees and district courts and the Supreme Court and on and on and on. And let me point out I am not a lawyer. These technicalities regarding what is or is not a civil right, what is or is not a God-given right -- you name it -- they're not in my purview. So I stay clear and I don't step up to the podium and preach on a subject for which I hold no credentials. Got that?

In your haste due to your anger -- I know, I've done this myself, I am not attempting to insult you or anything like that -- you must have lost the thread of the conversations on this subject. I have never said a single word that would justify your criticism of me. What I did happen to say, FYI, though, is that I have absolutely no problem with gay marriage being legal. Hello, did you miss that? I kid you not. I don't care.

And I likewise believe that the gays suffer enough in this world because of religious taboos and tirades, I certainly am not going to heap any more grief on them for something I truly believe is not my place to judge. All final judgments, as you well know, are going to come when we leave this plane of life, and they are going to come from You Kno...

And I likewise believe that the gays suffer enough in this world because of religious taboos and tirades, I certainly am not going to heap any more grief on them for something I truly believe is not my place to judge. All final judgments, as you well know, are going to come when we leave this plane of life, and they are going to come from You Know Who, not me or you. I choose not to judge gays, I choose to exercise tolerance to the Nth degree. And anyone who chooses to obey the laws of my country, live at peace with the neighbors, pay their bills -- you know what I'm saying -- anybody who follows all the basic rules of life, hey, I've got no problem with you. Said it before, have got a couple of gay buddies who have been fantastic friends of mine for over 20 years. Love them dearly.

So I'd appreciate your saving the big guns for people who disagree with you and leave me out of it, okay? I get enough flak from anti-gay people all the time.
  • captain... ruthann... 2012/08/08 12:51:21
    captainquiggle
    Wait, they should hide who they are as you vilify their lifestyle? That makes sense.
  • Super ludum 2012/08/07 14:58:14
  • captain... Super l... 2012/08/07 20:07:06
    captainquiggle
    They want to be seen and heard as equals. You don't want to see and hear them, because you think their sins make them somehow not able to be equally protected under the law by civil rights legislation. That's just not how America works.

Sorry, but God has nothing to do with this. Worship God all you want. But, the laws of America don't have a thing to do with it.
  • Super l... captain... 2012/08/08 08:33:59
  • captain... Super l... 2012/08/08 12:48:43 (edited)
    captainquiggle
    Ok, choose not to hear or see people based on how they have sex and continue to be a bigot for your God.

Yes, by passing equal rights legislation in the 60s, we agreed to protect all law-abiding citizens under that legislation. Gays fit that category. Marriage is a civil right... gays are law-abiding citizens afforded that civil right BY LAW.

Argue morality all you want, but precedent is set by law and it's pretty clear. Hide away in your church where you are free to spout hate and fear about gays all you want, but you can't make the law force your views on anyone else.

Enjoy your day.

EDIT:

You blocked me, so it's just become apparent to you that you don't like gays and it has nothing to do with their sexual orientation? LOL. Keep hiding your bigotry. It's going to eat you up inside for a long time to come. I'm happy you at least know to hide it.
  • Super l... captain... 2012/08/10 10:30:52
  • Doc 2012/08/07 14:18:10
    Doc
    +4
    They weren't against Obama when he haad the traditional marraige stance.

No picketing then, was there?
  • Oaces_boss_yo® 2012/08/07 13:50:18
  • 4gotten Israelite 2012/08/07 13:32:05
    4gotten Israelite
    +7
    Gay folks can do what they want, but I'll will never support their actions. I don't hate them, I don't bash them, I'll never disrespect them but I will not support them. Maybe in man's laws it is right to do,but it's not in God's laws and God means more to me than man does.
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/08/07 13:27:35
  • Christopher Kirchen 2012/08/07 13:20:37
    Christopher Kirchen
    +4
    The problem is that special interest groups get involved with ancillary issues (Gays/Chick-Fil-a) for example) and it usually ends up blowing up in their face, and people laugh at them rather than having sympathy for them.
  • Chris -... Christo... 2012/08/07 13:28:29
  • Christo... Chris -... 2012/08/07 13:31:20
    Christopher Kirchen
    +5
    No but I can see how it could be interpreted that way.
  • TheTailor 2012/08/07 12:56:42
    TheTailor
    +3
    It was 103 degrees here and Chick-fil-A was packed at 3:30pm, and the retaliation was a complete failure, heh. I think you're right about November.
  • Sherlock Dog BL - a Gazillion 2012/08/07 09:27:46
  • COCO 2012/08/07 07:40:14
  • Cat 2012/08/07 07:08:26
    Cat
    +3
    OK gays, you made your point. you may ride in the front of the bus and get any job that you qualify for. You even got domestic partnerships. Now stop trying to change our Bible and our dictionary. Oh and PETA, isn't that People Eating Tasty Animals? roastchikn
  • angelbaby 2012/08/07 07:02:17
    angelbaby
    +5
    Bless their hearts! Lol
  • USAF Vet 2012/08/07 06:42:06
    USAF Vet
    +2
    zzzzzzzzzz!!! Yawn, oh, did I miss something?
  • snell/G... USAF Vet 2012/08/08 20:00:40
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    yeah, one of your USAF jets just flew over your head....
  • OneOfTheAmericanPeople 2012/08/07 06:18:01
    OneOfTheAmericanPeople
    Well they didn't feel up to it I geuss, I supported Chick-FIL-A and saw no stupid ignorance besides that jackA$$ who posted that you tube video harassing that young girl, HA, then that D-Bag got fired, but hopefully it would have been the same some nice protestors just standing up for what they belief in, hopefully not hurting anyone, and for that B.S. that was painted on the side of the CHICK-FIL-A I think it was " Tastes like Hate" come on you honestly think a Gay man or woman put that on there, they're nice people just like us we just have a difference of opinion, I personally don't mind, if a Gay man serves in the military, gay women hey gay or not women are women I don't think they should be in the military per se I believe women gay or straight can deffinetly run a top position like an Executive
  • OneOfTh... OneOfTh... 2012/08/07 06:37:25
    OneOfTheAmericanPeople
    CONTINUED >>>> Director, or Vice president, hell even a military Ops officer, I just think they shouldn't be on the ground, for me I'm straight I know a few gay men honestly couldn't be cooler to hang out with. It's just times are changing and the one thing I disagree with about how homosexuals do things is public display of affection at -get ready- DuN DuN DuNNN WAL-MART, and it's fine but my son who doesnt know any better, he says EWWWW, I apologize to the two men, I try to explain to him that its ok for some people of the same gender to hug and kiss its just a sign that they really care for them, so don't say EWWWW!!! He shook his head and looked over and said "I Sorry Sir" so the gentleman then says not to me, it would have been less violent but to my 4 yr. old kid he says F-CK OFF KID! now I'm a big broad strong scary looking but respectful guy most couldn't tell I just Medically Retired from TBI(13 blasts gosh I'm an idiot how am I alive) and severe PTSD which I get treated for like crazy, and I'm nut like one of those fake nutty D-Bags where they sat in a truck or FOB they're hole career NO I was an Infantry Marine Proud, oh and my doc was gay, I found that out in Iraq but oh well it's just a sex preference, anyway I wanted to rip this Sperm Suckers throat out, I even had m...
    CONTINUED >>>> Director, or Vice president, hell even a military Ops officer, I just think they shouldn't be on the ground, for me I'm straight I know a few gay men honestly couldn't be cooler to hang out with. It's just times are changing and the one thing I disagree with about how homosexuals do things is public display of affection at -get ready- DuN DuN DuNNN WAL-MART, and it's fine but my son who doesnt know any better, he says EWWWW, I apologize to the two men, I try to explain to him that its ok for some people of the same gender to hug and kiss its just a sign that they really care for them, so don't say EWWWW!!! He shook his head and looked over and said "I Sorry Sir" so the gentleman then says not to me, it would have been less violent but to my 4 yr. old kid he says F-CK OFF KID! now I'm a big broad strong scary looking but respectful guy most couldn't tell I just Medically Retired from TBI(13 blasts gosh I'm an idiot how am I alive) and severe PTSD which I get treated for like crazy, and I'm nut like one of those fake nutty D-Bags where they sat in a truck or FOB they're hole career NO I was an Infantry Marine Proud, oh and my doc was gay, I found that out in Iraq but oh well it's just a sex preference, anyway I wanted to rip this Sperm Suckers throat out, I even had my Combat Knife on me, since being diagnosed with chronic to severe you can NEVER own a fire arm again JFYI, but I simple got my Gimpy A$$ up straggled over my Cane took my sons hand and told him to say this... " You Gentleman have a Good Day, Take Care" they were so baffled it was almost as if they were getting sucked up by a UFO, but if they're going to show us negativity I'm not, I'm sure they've had too much, I've had
  • MR. 2012/08/07 04:43:57
    MR.
    +5
    SOUNDS LIKE THEY "kissed-off" THE "kiss-in!" (HAVE A CHICKEN SANDWICH INSTEAD!)
  • zcberry 2012/08/07 04:39:34
    zcberry
    +5
    I feel that certain Gay right groups are selfish and hypocrites, they are only for their own agenda. What happen to freedom of speech, what happen to equal right for everyone??? Just because I do not agree with you, does that mean I hate you?!!!?!?!?? Really!!!!!
  • ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ 2012/08/07 04:27:24
    ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ
    +5
    I am very glad it backfired. The owner has a right to his opinion and the whole response to that was just wrong. If you don't like his opinion, simply don't eat there. That's what I would do.
  • Al B Thayer 2012/08/07 04:08:46
    Al B Thayer
    +1
    Oh this is sure to help get SSM passed.
  • Sherloc... Al B Th... 2012/08/07 09:34:55
  • snell/G... Sherloc... 2012/08/08 20:03:27
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +1
    the poor chickens are the losers during this entire 'human' fiasco!

2014/04/24 02:47:27