Kidnapped man in Pakistan appeals to President Obama directly to meet Al Qaeda demands. What should he do?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/05/07 13:13:49

(CNN) -- A 70-year-old U.S. citizen kidnapped in
Pakistan last year has made an emotional plea to President Barack Obama
to meet al Qaeda's demands in order to save his life, according to a
video released on several Islamist websites Sunday.

"My life is in your
hands, Mr. President," Warren Weinstein said in the video. "If you
accept the demands, I live. If you don't accept the demands, then I
die."

Weinstein, a development
consultant, was abducted in August from his home in the city of Lahore.
In December, al Qaeda claimed responsibility for his capture.

Ayman al-Zawahiri, leader
of the terror network, listed eight demands that he said, if met, would
result in Weinstein's release. The demands related to issues in the
Middle East, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Somalia.

"It is important that you
accept these demands and act quickly and don't delay," Weinstein said
in the video posted Sunday. He made references to Obama's daughters and
to his own children.

Weinstein said in the
video, which was less than three minutes long, that he wanted to let his
wife know that he was "fine and well."

Al Qaeda's demands
include the lifting of the blockade on movement of people and trade
between Egypt and Gaza; an end to bombing by the United States and its
allies in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen, Somalia and Gaza; the release of
anyone arrested on charges of belonging to al Qaeda and the Taliban;
the release of all prisoners in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and American
secret prisons and the closure of Guantanamo and the other prisons; the
release of terrorists convicted in the 1993 bombing of the World Trade
Center; and the release of relatives of Osama bin Laden, the founder of
al Qaeda who was killed last year in Pakistan.

Read More: http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/07/world/asia/pakistan-...

• Grabitz 2012/05/07 13:55:37
    The U.S. Does not negotiate with terrorists.
    Grabitz
    +4
    Sorry guy but what the hell is he doing in an unstable country like Pakistan ? All this for the love of money ? No thanks ill just stay in the good old USA broke and alive . looks as though he is an outsourcing man being a development consultant teaching the pakies how we do it here .
  • irish 2012/05/07 13:55:07
    irish
    +5
    this is a publicity stunt. BO is really going overboard with this sh*t isn't he?? trying to project that savior mode again?? sheesh! obama  saves thw  world
  • Assassi... irish 2012/05/07 14:11:30
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +3
    How will this help President Obama? If it is a publicity stunt it is one from the Right. If he negotiates he will be villified for negotiating with terrorists. If he doesn't he will be villified for letting a U.S. citizen pleading for his life be executed. It is lose lose.

Don't manufacture drama. There is enough real life drama. A man is probably going to lose his life. Not fair to create something that doesn't exist.
  • irish Assassi... 2012/05/07 14:13:54 (edited)
    irish
    +3
    it gives him the opportunity to project himself as either a savior or a tough guy!
    creating drama? who ever reported this story certainly is creating drama. i seriously doubt that this is even true. you need to wise up to how propaganda works and is used to manipulate thru emotions. besides,he was supposedly kidnapped last year but he is still alive ? the threats are obviously because its an election year.
  • Assassi... irish 2012/05/07 14:15:23
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +4
    Siigh. Never mind.
  • irish Assassi... 2012/05/07 14:17:13
    irish
    +3
    never mind? amazing isn't it that he has been captive since august and doing well isn't it? you forget who al qaeda is. cia created al qaeda
  • jubil8 ... irish 2012/05/10 22:10:03
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    How do you know he's doing well? Do you know for a fact the vid was made last week? Do you know he's still alive? If so, please share your excellent sources (and explain why he hasn't been rescued -- you obviously know all about it).
  • irish jubil8 ... 2012/05/11 11:19:54
    irish
    +1
    awww,trying to be on top of things i see. all you need to know is that suddenly,amazingly ,he manages to appeal to the president when he didn't do it before.He also tells his wife Elaine that "I'm fine, I'm well, I'm getting all my medications, I'm being taken care of".
    do try and develop some skepticism here and not be so gagga gullible.
  • jubil8 ... irish 2012/05/11 21:46:31
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    Translation: "I can't answer your questions so I'll ignore them."

The person who's taking all this at face value -- and is therefore "gagga gullible" -- is YOU.

Even if the vid was made last week, unless he's pulling a Patty Hearst he had no control over its creation or publication.

Obama said he wouldn't negotiate. How's your wimpy attempt to generate yet another conspiracy theory working?
  • irish jubil8 ... 2012/05/12 10:54:32
    irish
    LOL LOL so gullible. if i was taking it at face value i wouldn't question it ,would i ? nope ,i would be like you defending it.LOL
    what you don't get ,miss sheeple,is that it doesn't matter when the vid was made ,its the TIMING of its release. the world is convoluted and apparently well beyond your grasp of understanding even the smallest of events that are played out for your enjoyment.LOL LOL
    conspiracy?? any conspiracy is on the part of the players in these little drama's they create. just as the "killing of binnie " last yr was intended to boost BO's ratings. but then sheeple always follow the script. thats why people such as you are so easily used.LOL
  • jubil8 ... irish 2012/05/12 17:17:23
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    You're not questioning, jacko. You're assuming you KNOW. You're the person who can be easily used -- all someone has to do is feed your addiction(s) and you'll lap it up. People like you can't handle anything except by making it fit one of your little safe boxes -- reality and independence scare the bloody hell out of you. LMAO.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be one of the happiest twits around.
  • irish jubil8 ... 2012/05/13 11:17:38
    irish
    LMAO!!! you have described yourself to a T! yes you are a twit and one of the worst sort,a bitter twit who has nothing better to do than show your ignorance all over sh .LOL LOL
  • jubil8 ... irish 2012/05/14 02:04:35
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    "feel the need to repeat others words? don't have much thought process's of your own do you?"

Do you have ANY idea how silly your repeated LOL's are?

Assumptions, foolish phrases, you don't have much.
  • irish jubil8 ... 2012/05/14 12:39:04
    irish
    awww,you are hysterically funny,how can i not be laughing at your pathetic attempts to harangue me??LOL laughing  woman
  • **Starz... irish 2012/05/07 14:29:26
    **StarzAbove**
    +3
    That's BS. The president won't make a deal with the terrorists how on earth would that help him?
  • Assassi... **Starz... 2012/05/07 14:44:54
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +4
    I tried, but it was pointless. The mind is made up and Irish is determined to see a conspiracy where there is none.
  • **Starz... Assassi... 2012/05/07 14:46:10
    **StarzAbove**
    +3
    It's just another case where he hates the president so much he will try to demean him in any way possible.
  • irish **Starz... 2012/05/07 14:52:58
    irish
    +3
    wrong and i am a she! so much for being able to tell even with an F next to my name. so mister! you ascribe emotions to what is an obvious ploy too i see??LOL
  • **Starz... irish 2012/05/07 14:55:49
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    I don't check profile pages very often. No need to. And I'm no mister. Better check that F beside my name.
  • irish **Starz... 2012/05/07 14:59:09
    irish
    +4
    awww,offended much?? i see sarcasm is also beyond you.LOL LOL
  • jubil8 ... irish 2012/05/10 22:11:11
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    I see that sarcasm is clearly beyond you.
  • irish jubil8 ... 2012/05/11 11:20:45
    irish
    +3
    feel the need to repeat others words? don't have much thought process's of your own do you?
  • jubil8 ... irish 2012/05/11 22:12:52
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    My "thought processes" (not "process's," duh) are reserved for those who have demonstrated the ability to think. Since you haven't, I don't waste time thinking about you.
  • irish jubil8 ... 2012/05/12 10:55:21
    irish
    LOL nope ,you don't think at all. you accept the most absurd stories by the absurd govt.LOL LOL
  • jubil8 ... irish 2012/05/12 17:26:58
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    Really? What's the government story I'm accepting?

Are you suggesting that Weinstein wasn't kidnapped? That Obama planned it? That Obama worked with Al Q. to create and release the video?

Just what silly scenario are you pushing?
  • irish jubil8 ... 2012/05/13 11:18:22
    irish
    thinking is NOT your forte. can't overtax your brain now can we??LOL LOL
  • jubil8 ... irish 2012/05/14 02:07:21
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    Tranlation: "I can't answer your questions so I'll just go on with my silly replies."

I really can't look at another reply from you that ends in multiple LOL's. You've really overused it. Yeesh.
  • irish jubil8 ... 2012/05/14 12:39:48
    irish
    LOL LOL good,cause everytime i have to answer your inept replies i burst out laughing. https://ahsawnm08p2louiseb.wi...
  • irish Assassi... 2012/05/07 14:51:56
    irish
    +3
    a conspiracy? wow! and you can't see how obvious this is??? wow!
  • Assassi... irish 2012/05/07 15:28:57
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    I see how crazed you are. Wow.!
  • irish Assassi... 2012/05/07 21:44:38
    irish
    +3
    wrong,you are too gullible. try a little cynicism sometime. it will do wonders for your mind.
  • Assassi... irish 2012/05/07 21:45:25
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    Uh huh. Riiiiight. Cause I must be gullible if I don't believe in crazy conspiracy theories.

Ok. LOL
  • irish Assassi... 2012/05/07 21:48:05
    irish
    +4
    who said anything about a conspiracy?? so you don't find it ODD that SUDDENLY this guy who has been in captivity since last AUGUST is SUDDENLY appealing to the PREZ of all people,right after bo launches his reelection campaign???? seriously now!
    einstein  never stop  questioning
  • jubil8 ... irish 2012/05/10 22:20:14
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    Unless you're implying that he's pulled a Patty Hearst, what's odd is that the kidnappers are releasing a vid like this now.

Maybe they made it a long time ago and are releasing it now because he's dead.

Obama's been campaigning for months -- nothing "sudden" about this from that standpoint.

Einstein should have modified his statement: The most important thing is to never stop questioning sensibly. Pity he couldn't anticipate conspiracy loons -- but no rational person could.
  • irish jubil8 ... 2012/05/11 11:23:53
    irish
    +3
    umm,hello! BO RECENTLY OFFICIALLY started his campaign! much like his resurrection of "i got bin laden last year" nonsense,this serves a purpose also. the man was supposedly kidnapped last august!He also tells his wife Elaine that "I'm fine, I'm well, I'm getting all my medications, I'm being taken care of".
    apparently your gullibility knows no bounds! rational,cynical ,thinking is beyond your ability! but then sheeple such as you,follow the leader at all times. independent thought is not your forte.LOL LOL
  • jubil8 ... irish 2012/05/11 22:19:58
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    Calling you ignorant insults ignorant people around the world.

What a complete waste of oxygen you are.
  • irish jubil8 ... 2012/05/12 10:56:54
    irish
    and yet you waste it endlessly!LMAO!! your baby insults are tiresome. you have little comprehension of how the world works and accept it at face value. enjoy your stay at camp fema.! camp  fema
  • jubil8 ... irish 2012/05/12 17:29:27
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    Your "world view" wouldn't cut it in kindergarten. Go play with your bucket and shovel.
  • irish jubil8 ... 2012/05/13 11:20:01
    irish
    aww,is that an insult?? you have no view at all except of of a bitterly unhappy female who has no life. see and read and not understand,your 3 favorite things to do on a day!LMAO
  • jubil8 ... irish 2012/05/14 02:10:02
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    It's not an insult. It's a fact.

2014/11/26 00:24:37