Keeping His Word: Creating Manufacturing Jobs

Mopeder 2012/03/29 20:33:36
Barack Obama For President ...
comment
comment
Four years ago Barack Obama promised to fight for American manufacturing jobs. As President he kept his word: under President Obama, the manufacturing sector has experienced 31 consecutive months of growth and added hundred of thousands of jobs including the industry's first year-over-year job gains since 1997.

Read More: http://www.KeepingHisWord.com

• Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/03/29 20:42:17
    comment
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +11
    31 straight months you say? How can that be? That just doesn't fit with what the Obama haters say. They say he has done nothing. Now I hear that he has helped manufacturing?

Next you will tell me that the car companies that he helped save are posting record profits.

Oh wait.....

:)

• thecutesttentacle 2012/03/31 05:26:31
    comment
    thecutesttentacle
    yayyy jobs
  • DuncanONeil 2012/03/31 04:32:07
    comment
    DuncanONeil
    Wrong! Not being done!
  • DJL 2012/03/31 00:52:39
    comment
    DJL
    It is the low price of natural gas that is increasing manufacturing jobs,not Obama's anti-business policies.
  • Bcounted 2012/03/30 08:27:12
    comment
    Bcounted
    Anyone seen these facts on paper? Just asken.
    Bcounted.
    comment
    only after losing more jobs. Obama policies had nothing to do with that. The american people desire to buy and can only go so long without fueling that need. Obama himself laughed at the stimulus having any shovel ready projects. Some economist feel we would be in a better recovery had we not wasted over a trillion dollars
  • Arizona1950 2012/03/30 02:37:19
    comment
    Arizona1950
    Obama boasts of recent increases in jobs — which still number nearly 1.7 million fewer than when he took office.

When Obama placed a new tariff on Chinese tires it was announced, "over a thousand Americans are working today because we stopped a surge in Chinese tires." The White House based that claim on Bureau of Labor Statistics data that showed the number of tire manufacturing jobs went from 50,800 in September 2009, to 51,900 in October 2011, the latest figures available. That’s a gain of 1,100 jobs.

A recent Wall Street Journal article says the increased tariff is falling flat. Imports from China did drop sharply after the tariff took effect in 2009, beginning at a rate of 35 percent. However, Chinese tires were soon replaced by imports from Thailand, Indonesia, Mexico and elsewhere. “So far as saving American jobs, it just isn’t working,” the newspaper quoted Roy Littlefield of the Tire Industry Association, which has 6,000 members, as saying. “And it really hurt a lot of people in the industry—smaller businesses that geared up to bring these tires in from China.”

If this is any indication of what is really going on ...
  • Angela 2012/03/30 02:33:07
    comment
    Angela
    Umm where are they then? (::looking::....where, where??) lol
  • 2468 2012/03/29 23:33:11
    comment
    2468
    +2
    For a real thriller imagine if Bush W had a third term....

Would you have wanted him to correct the economic disaster?

I think Obama has done a good job with the tools he had to work with.
  • Angela 2468 2012/03/30 02:34:20
    Angela
    Oh yes I agree,,he's done a fabulous job..just ask his monitor....
  • 2468 Angela 2012/03/30 03:32:28
    2468
    +1
    This is a monitor:

monitor lizard

not sure if Obama has a pet like this though. He has a dog.
  • Angela 2468 2012/03/30 03:34:18
    Angela
    Not the kind of monitor i was talking 'bout..but you knew that already..
  • Angela 2468 2012/03/30 02:34:47
    Angela
    tools hes has to work with=no brain, no gain..hello!
  • Gir 2012/03/29 22:13:16
    comment
    Gir
    +3
    I think he's been pretty consistent at trying to keep his word.
  • Angela Gir 2012/03/30 02:35:31
    Angela
    yes he has lied consistently well..so I do agree..I do I do!!
  • Gir Angela 2012/03/30 16:11:59
    Gir
    +2
    What do you feel he has "lied consistently" about?

I won't argue that he has been successful in everything he has attempted, but I feel the attempt is all that is truly necessary to establish that you tried to keep your word. I have no illusions that the president wields supreme power.
  • Angela Gir 2012/03/30 20:21:40 (edited)
    Angela
    ummm almost everything..that would be about right..Please Obama is a 'to the bone' marxist, why ANYONE would keep any admiration or faith in this man is absolutely beyond me..haven't you had enough of waiting for the 'change' yet? Well I have, and my disgust has nothing to do with race..if he was doing a good job, I wouldn't care if the man was pink.
  • Gir Angela 2012/03/30 21:16:23
    Gir
    +1
    So you don't have anything?

You levy the claim that "Obama is a 'to the bone' marxist", but you offer nothing to back that claim. I can back it for you slightly in that he is critical of the current developments in our society, which is capitalist, but I don't see the actions necessary to suggest that he prefers socialism over capitalism. True socialism I mean, not what is being called socialism by some in America right now.

What actions have you seen that would suggest a move towards true socialism?

And again,

"What do you feel he has "lied consistently" about?" More specifically where do you feel he has failed to keep his word?
  • Angela Gir 2012/03/31 13:24:34
    Angela
    Oh, okay soyou want a list..do you need to wallpaper your home, because here is just SOME of them. Let's start with SOME of his lies: 1) "father was a goatherder" (lie) father was a priviledged youth who went to work for the Kenyan gov't. 2) "father was a proud freedom fighter" (lie) father was part of the most violent and corrupt gov'ts..Kenya ever had. 3) "my family has strong ties to African freedom" (lie) cousin Odinga created mass violence to overturn a legit election in 2007. 4) "Selma got me born" (lie) bd was 1961, Selma was in 1965..it had no effect on his birth. 5) "my grandmother has always been a Christian: (lie) she does her daily Salat prayers according to her own interviews, she was one of 14 wives..not a Christian ethic or allowance. 6) "MY name is African Swahili " (lie) your name is Arabic (Baraka) Hussein is also Arabic. 7) "I never practiced Islam" (lie) he practiced it daily in school where he was registered as a Muslim..religious identity changed later for political expediency. 8) "My school in Indonesia was Christian" (lie) you registered as a Muslim and and got in trouble in your Koranic studies (account is in his own book). 9) "I was fluent in Indonesian" (lie) not one of your teachers said you could speak that language ..EVER. 10) "Because I lived in...
    Oh, okay soyou want a list..do you need to wallpaper your home, because here is just SOME of them. Let's start with SOME of his lies: 1) "father was a goatherder" (lie) father was a priviledged youth who went to work for the Kenyan gov't. 2) "father was a proud freedom fighter" (lie) father was part of the most violent and corrupt gov'ts..Kenya ever had. 3) "my family has strong ties to African freedom" (lie) cousin Odinga created mass violence to overturn a legit election in 2007. 4) "Selma got me born" (lie) bd was 1961, Selma was in 1965..it had no effect on his birth. 5) "my grandmother has always been a Christian: (lie) she does her daily Salat prayers according to her own interviews, she was one of 14 wives..not a Christian ethic or allowance. 6) "MY name is African Swahili " (lie) your name is Arabic (Baraka) Hussein is also Arabic. 7) "I never practiced Islam" (lie) he practiced it daily in school where he was registered as a Muslim..religious identity changed later for political expediency. 8) "My school in Indonesia was Christian" (lie) you registered as a Muslim and and got in trouble in your Koranic studies (account is in his own book). 9) "I was fluent in Indonesian" (lie) not one of your teachers said you could speak that language ..EVER. 10) "Because I lived in Indonesia I have more foreign experience" (lie) you lived there from age 6 to 10 and couldn't even speak the language. 11) " I blame my early drug use on ethnic confusion" (lie) you were happy to maintain the handle of Barry Obama in HS, never a mention of Kenya or it's struggle or your stuggle to identify...per your classmates. 12) " I won't run on a national ticket in 2008" (lie) why did you then? 13) "present votes are common in Illinois" (lie) they are common only to you..who else has 130 'present' votes? 14) "I was a professor of law" (lie) you were a senior lecturer on leave. 15) "I was a constitutional lawyer" (lie) again you were a senior lecturer on leave. 16) "Withot me there would be no ethics bill" (lie) you had nothing to do with it's creation or introduction or it's revamping. 17) "the ethics bill was hard to pass" (lie) it took 14 days from inception to its finish. 18) "I want all votes to count" (lie) you said let the delegates decide. 19) "I don't take PAC money" (lie) you take sh*tloads of it....and this is like 19 out of at least 130 of his KNOWN liesand the list is growing. Okay now his Marxism. His seaiing of the free flow of the nation's money. Stripping capitalists of their assets. Changing the structures of gov't. Taking advantage of crisis to impose communism. Controlling higher education and indoctrination of homosexual agendas into middle shool for our youth. Punishing resendial property owners. Please review HR 347, HR 2487, HC Bill, the NDAA and nearly ALL EO's this man has made law. And THAT is just a FEW examples...so get your wall paper ready okay? To write all of them would be to take up 20 pages of posting space..so continue to embrace this marxist tyrant..it's your decision as a free American (free? where?).
  • Gir Angela 2012/03/31 21:36:08 (edited)
    Gir
    +1
    Nice.

Okay these will take a bit to research. A few jumped out as misconstrued though.

"7) "I never practiced Islam" (lie) he practiced it daily in school where he was registered as a Muslim..religious identity changed later for political expediency."

I think studying Islam because it is taught at school and practicing Islam are two different things. Also he went to a Catholic private school for the second two years he was in Indonesia, is this the change for political expediency? At age 8?

"8) "My school in Indonesia was Christian" (lie) you registered as a Muslim and and got in trouble in your Koranic studies (account is in his own book)."

See above.

"19) "I don't take PAC money" (lie) you take sh*tloads of it."

No date on the quote, perhaps when the statement was made he still was not taking it, all these quotes with no reference to when they were made but establishing that he said something contrary to his actions are more difficult to research because I will have to try to look at when the statement was made versus the action began.

I did specify that I was only interested in where he had failed to keep his word, as that was the original intent of the debate, but good form none the less, allow me to conduct some research and get back to you.

Edit: Misspellings
  • Angela Gir 2012/03/31 22:40:15 (edited)
    Angela
    Are you serious??? Perhaps he was..what? I don't deal with perhaps..I deal with what is, not what can be spun to his advantage.. With your logic, perhaps he's the messiah..good grief.. Okay..check it out..we'll debate later.
  • Gir Angela 2012/04/01 00:10:48
    Gir
    +1
    Well that was easier than I thought.

Real quick "Perhaps he was..what?", I thought I was clear the one time I used the word "perhaps".

"No date on the quote, perhaps when the statement was made he still was not taking [PAC money], all these quotes with no reference to when they were made but establishing that he said something contrary to his actions are more difficult to research because I will have to try to look at when the statement was made versus [when] the action began."

So I make no supposition except that when he made the statement it may have held true, then when he actually was running for president he had a realization that it was necessary.

Your allegations were covered by a Snopes article which made it nice and quick. While some were clearly true, "I won't run on a national ticket in 2008" is clearly a false statement if it is read as literal, but was there intent to deceive when it was made in 2004. It is well within reason that one's desires can change over three years.

Others were not so clear cut, and some were just outright distortions.

http://www.snopes.com/politic...

Now on to the house resolutions. These are house resolutions, not something the president just pens and thus becomes law. I assume you presented them as support for your assertions.

"His seaiing of ...

Well that was easier than I thought.

http://www.snopes.com/politic...

"His seaiing of the free flow of the nation's money. Stripping capitalists of their assets. Changing the structures of gov't. Taking advantage of crisis to impose communism. Controlling higher education and indoctrination of homosexual agendas into middle shool for our youth. Punishing resendial property owners."

HR 347, if I am reading the correct bill I don't see why you take issue with this.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/...

HR 2487, I read the one from the 112th congress as you did not specify and it is the one I take the greatest issue with. But again this is something that I think had to happen, to prevent the tax evasion tactics that have become the norm. Was this in support of the idea that he is stripping capitalists of their assets?

HC Bill, I assume this is the imposition of communism you allege.

NDAA, much is in the NDAA for FY2012 that any American, in my opinion, should take issue with. But no new powers were granted, and while the language was debatable, you seem to ignore the fact that Obama threatened veto unless certain provisions were changed. I most certainly do not like the powers of the government over me that have been gained since 9/11. But I also realize the powers were gained years ago.

"Controlling higher education and indoctrination of homosexual agendas into middle shool for our youth. Punishing resendial property owners."

I didn't see support for these arguments.

As for the Executive Orders. I really don't want to sit here and review them all. This is a huge request, and one you would not undertake simply on my request. Do you have a specific executive order you would like me to review.

I hope my presentation of the facts has swayed your beliefs on these matters at least slightly more towards "the center".
  • Angela Gir 2012/04/01 00:39:38 (edited)
    Angela
    No my post was condensed/made easier by a snopes article..and others as well..I used what I had gathered as a format..snopes listing made it easier than numbering all myself..the gaffs and lies told by Mr. Obama have been noted by me as a viewer of said lies as well. You asked for a list, I gave you one..and snopes or not..the truth is the truth..and that was the straight up truth. Why say anyting about snopes..because it's snopes (one of many sources of info) does not discredit anything..obama said it, and they were lies. Isn't that what you wanted? Or has this evolved into a debate about snopes? Okay there may have been some distortions but there were MANY were lies..how do you defend that? That would be like me saying.."well I told part of the truth"..so isn't that enough? No Obama, you're the president so it is very much not enough.
  • Gir Angela 2012/04/01 01:16:47 (edited)
    Gir
    +1
    "You asked for a list, I gave you one..and snopes or not..the truth is the truth..and that was the straight up truth. Why say anyting about snopes..because it's snopes (one of many sources of info) does not discredit anything."

Actually, Snopes discredits a great deal of your post if you had followed the link I provided, but since you chose to suggest still that what you said was the straight up truth, allow me to cut and paste a few for you.

1) "father was a goatherder" (lie) father was a priviledged youth who went to work for the Kenyan gov't.

These attributes are not mutually exclusive: Barack Obama's (biological) father was all of these things at different times in his life, as Obama described in his book, Dreams from My Father:

[My father] was as African, I would learn, a Kenyan of the Luo tribe, born on the shores of Lake Victoria in a place called Alego. The village was poor, but his father — my other grandfather, Hussein Onyango Obama — had been a prominent farmer, an elder of the tribe, a medicine man with healing powers. My father grew up herding his father's goats and attending the local school, set up by the British colonial administration, where he had shown great promise. He eventually won a scholarship to study in Nairobi; and then, on the eve of Kenyan independenc...

[My father] was as African, I would learn, a Kenyan of the Luo tribe, born on the shores of Lake Victoria in a place called Alego. The village was poor, but his father — my other grandfather, Hussein Onyango Obama — had been a prominent farmer, an elder of the tribe, a medicine man with healing powers. My father grew up herding his father's goats and attending the local school, set up by the British colonial administration, where he had shown great promise. He eventually won a scholarship to study in Nairobi; and then, on the eve of Kenyan independence, he had been selected by Kenyan leaders and American sponsors to attend a university in the United States.

2) "father was a proud freedom fighter" (lie) father was part of the most violent and corrupt gov'ts..Kenya ever had.

Could not verify quote.

3) "my family has strong ties to African freedom" (lie) cousin Odinga created mass violence to overturn a legit election in 2007.

Odinga, not actually Obama's cousin.

4) "Selma got me born" (lie) bd was 1961, Selma was in 1965..it had no effect on his birth.

This criticism is based on an overly-literal interpretation of Barack Obama's 2007 speech in Selma, Alabama, which we covered in a separate article.

5) "my grandmother has always been a Christian: (lie) she does her daily Salat prayers according to her own interviews, she was one of 14 wives..not a Christian ethic or allowance.

The author has apparently confused Obama's grandmothers. In the instance cited above, Obama was speaking of his maternal grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, not his paternal grandmother. (In 2007 Obama described his maternal grandparents as "nonpracticing Baptists and Methodists.")

6) "MY name is African Swahili " (lie) your name is Arabic (Baraka) Hussein is also Arabic.

Many Swahili words and names are of Arabic origin (just as many English words originated with other languages). "Barack" is a Swahili name that entered the language via historical trade and cultural ties with Arabia.

7) "I never practiced Islam" (lie) he practiced it daily in school where he was registered as a Muslim..religious identity changed later for political expediency.

I've already shown the fault with this argument.

8) "My school in Indonesia was Christian" (lie) you registered as a Muslim and and got in trouble in your Koranic studies (account is in his own book).

9) "I was fluent in Indonesian" (lie) not one of your teachers said you could speak that language ..EVER.

Unable to verify quote, furthermore many have said he speaks Bahasa well.

10) "Because I lived in Indonesia I have more foreign experience" (lie) you lived there from age 6 to 10 and couldn't even speak the language.

Unable to verify quote. Furthermore there is nothing to suggest what "more" refers to.

See so actually regardless of where it comes from, it is not all "the straight up truth."
  • Angela Gir 2012/04/01 10:11:23
    Angela
    Okay understood, well argued by you and ty. Yes, you're correct I did not fully read your last post..my apologies. Even in these specifics that you have outlined..there is a method Obama employs which intentionally misleads. When he said his father was a goatherder, he did not add anything to that, leaving the reader with the idea that his father was an impoverished individual..totally deprived of the amenities of life, and one Obama MUST have experienced as well, being his son..that is a straight up lie, it is a disinformation tactic..,some truth and a lie by ommission. He does that in nearly every sample I listed..some truth and lie by ommission. He is not a stupid man, he is a charismatic speaker and knows what emotional buttons to push in his audience. Anyway, we can return to the lie area..what of the marxism he's demonstrated? How will you define and defend that?
  • Gir Angela 2012/04/01 19:13:16 (edited)
    Gir
    +1
    I won't deny that politicians distort the truth as much as possible and just flat out lie sometimes. I originally argued this on the basis of campaign promises which Obama has been pretty decent on.

As to the Marxist claim, I can define it; the political, economic, and social principles and policies advocated by Marx; especially : a theory and practice of socialism including the labor theory of value, dialectical materialism, the class struggle, and dictatorship of the proletariat until the establishment of a classless society.

But to debate his actions as either Marxist or not, is an extremely hefty debate and says nothing of his campaign promises. Roosevelt was called a Marxist when social security was being established. The argument that this program is socialist is easily made, but is it wrong in a civilized nation? There are arguments that social security should be handled by the free market, that the society would naturally provide a stopgap for those in need. This is a belief held by those who are either ignorant to or choose to ignore the conditions the elderly experienced prior to it's creation.

While some actions by the president may appear socialist, other actions suggest a rejection of the socialist agenda. For instance, the auto bailout. While on it's face one may se...

While some actions by the president may appear socialist, other actions suggest a rejection of the socialist agenda. For instance, the auto bailout. While on it's face one may see socialism in the government ownership of the stocks, and the requirements for various actions like reporting to the government, in actuality it was simply the best way the government could structure the program, to be able to stand in front of the tax-payer and tell them there was a way to recoup the money over the long term, short of actually taking ownership of the companies.

Some of the administration's actions do indeed seem to be in line with socialism, but they are not the first administration to have policies that could be seen this way. Other administrations who have had some socialist seeming policies, were not viewed as overall socialists.

By the basest litmus test the constitution itself can be seen as a socialist document.
  • Angela Gir 2012/04/02 04:26:42
    Angela
    Understood, and well done ty, Okay listen..you seem to be a pretty reasonable person, I appreciate that because when discussing these things usually one does not encounter that..I'm sure you understand my meaning here..what is it about this man that you find endearing, admirable, positive, patriotic, dependable, etc.? I ask this of you because I feel none of it, I felt none of it since the murder of JFK, so my opinion is not partisan, it is human, and a human reaction to..(I am not a political entity..that is not my identity)..
  • Gir Angela 2012/04/02 04:43:55
    Gir
    I like that he seems to think before he acts. I also think he has actually done a pretty good job trying to keep his word from his campaign, even if I don't agree with all of them, it's nice to see him try to keep his word. I like that he seems willing to cross the isle. He seems to have a sense of humor.

http://www.politifact.com/tru...

My response may seem light, but I never said I loved the guy.
  • Angela Gir 2012/04/02 04:50:32 (edited)
    Angela
    Okay, I see, he gives you the impression of likability, good intentions etc., I feel the opposite...the absolute opposite..I have disliked former leaders but this one petrifies me, can't tell you why on a personal level because I have never had this extreme reaction to any political figure before..it is not based on ethnicity, race, physical attributes..it is a gut wrenching feeling that I have had and cannot shake..I don't care about 'light' 'light' is fine..it's real, and does not have to be based in intellectual fluff..
  • Gir Angela 2012/04/02 05:01:10
    Gir
    Fair enough.
  • Angela Gir 2012/04/02 05:03:05
    Angela
    : ) Not so difficult for fellow Americans to agree to disagree is it? I wish more Americans would understand and embrace that..We all get too caught up in this partisan animosity, confusing at best..
  • Gir Angela 2012/04/02 23:05:47
    Gir
    I think the key is to avoid being "partisan". I think that once you realize that all politicians are dishonest and self serving, and you get past the "Blue is bad / Red is bad" line of thought. Then you just see them for their actions.

The catch is we must caution ourselves to avoid letting our perceptions run away with us. We have to really stop and think about everything, we have to research every thing we hear, because someone is paying the people we listen to. If they have an agenda, in today's climate it has been established that there is nothing wrong with them lying to us. It is no longer about spin, today they just lie outright.
  • Angela Gir 2012/04/03 14:06:44
    Angela
    Bingo!! yahoo..exactly and well said..I am not a political entity, I am an American with conservative values..ty for the polite and well thought out response..much appreciated!!
  • Max7 2012/03/29 21:52:46
    comment
    Max7
  • Angela Max7 2012/03/30 02:35:59
    Angela
    lol!!
  • Sinpac 2012/03/29 21:17:59
    comment
    Sinpac
    +5
    I think if people will buy American goods made by Americans this Manufacturing thing in the U.S. will go warp speed!
  • Gir Sinpac 2012/03/29 22:15:17
    Gir
    +2
    I agree. There was a time in our country where buying foreign goods carried a negative stigma. I'm not saying this is a correct line of thought, but it seems the loss of that stigma coincides with the loss of manufacturing. This is pure speculation, I have not charted it.
  • Keeping It Real 2012/03/29 21:17:00 (edited)
    comment
    Keeping It Real
    +5
    He has done so much good for this country that I don't have the time to list them, therefore I'll just provide the link for those who want to know. it's important for the president supporters to be armed with knowledge when they hear someone distorting his record. http://www.whitehouse.gov obama 2012
    comment
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +11

Oh wait.....

:)
  • Mopeder Assassi... 2012/03/29 20:52:36
    Mopeder
    +8
    They are posting record profits. It just eats the Obama Haters up.
  • TrudyGirl Mopeder 2012/03/29 21:24:25
    TrudyGirl
    +1
    and yet the lies continue and his own party let him down on the budget..go figure..is some lobbyist paying them to help the GOP?

2014/04/20 03:36:02