Kansas GOP Leader Mike O’Neal Prays For President Obama's Death...Right or Wrong ?

Che Guevara - Hero 2012/01/14 12:17:19
WRONG....This Guy is WRONG and BAD for America
RIGHT...It is okay to pray for the DEATH of the President

Kansas GOP Leader Mike O'Neal's Prayer For President Obama's Death:

"Let his days be few; and let another take his office

May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow.

May his children be wandering beggars; may they be driven from their ruined homes.

May a creditor seize all he has; may strangers plunder the fruits of his labor.

May no one extend kindness to him or take pity on his fatherless children.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/01/13/403911/kansas-gop...

Read More: http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/01/13/403911...

• Che Guevara - Hero 2012/01/14 12:39:41
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +20
    Mike O'neal is no better than any other Terrorist making death threats against the President. He should be locked up down in Guantanamo with the rest of the terrorists.

• aneed2know wwe.sod... 2012/01/15 06:07:01
    aneed2know
    +3
    no one said it was illegal what they asked is it morally right to pray for the death of some one?
  • wwe.sod... aneed2know 2012/01/15 06:45:18
    wwe.sodahead.com/RPG2011
    Where is the word "moral" in this posted question?
  • aneed2know wwe.sod... 2012/01/15 06:50:59
    aneed2know
    +3
    Uhmm the words right or wrong, implies morality.
  • wwe.sod... aneed2know 2012/01/15 11:39:32 (edited)
    wwe.sodahead.com/RPG2011
    True. Albeit the words right or wrong can be implied to also legal or illegal. Its purely a matter how different people see things. I prefer to try not to judge ones morality. I gave you a rave though for your tenacity.
  • cellophane wwe.sod... 2012/01/15 15:50:34
    cellophane
    But death threats to the President are illegal, and prior experience tells us that the Secret Service and the courts have a wide latitude as to what constitutes a death threat!
    +4
    I'd say that the prayer was a threat against the life of the President. A federal crime. Seems to me also he is in grievious contradiction to the teachings of the Christ.

This guy is a NUT CASE, Where are the guys in the white coats with the straight jacket when you need them.
  • wwe.sod... sjalan 2012/01/15 11:46:28
    wwe.sodahead.com/RPG2011
    +1
    Hopefully those guys in the white coats with the straight jacket are watching odumbo, to protect this country before he creates more havoc.
  • Giantfan 2012/01/15 03:54:36 (edited)
    Giantfan
    +2
    He should pray for his own death. Christians believe in heaven but nobody wants to die. I have never seen so many childish people as I have these present day conservative GOPers. They act like pre-schoolers.
  • Machinegunn 2012/01/15 03:44:07
    Machinegunn
    +2
    ......NOV 18,2009!!!......

http://slog.thestranger.com/s...
  • aneed2know Machine... 2012/01/15 06:16:32
    aneed2know
    +1
    This has been the attitude of white conservatives ever since Obama started running and was elected.
  • wwe.sod... aneed2know 2012/01/15 11:57:01
    wwe.sodahead.com/RPG2011
    +1
    Why do you feel this is racially motivated?
  • sjalan wwe.sod... 2012/01/15 13:37:05
    +2
    Considering the very well presented video above, it is not only racially motivated but religiously motivated.

Further, the infiltration of the Republican Party by religious organizations has been going on since the 1980's. see www.theocracywatch.org The organizations mentioned on that website are for the most part backed by whites.

I find the Tea Party, the Republcians and the white supremists fringe within both to be totally unacceptable in their attacks upon the President it it MUST stop. If it doesn't I frankly fear for our Presidents life, and IF it is taken by violence, our country WILL change. It will be the first time an entire political party will be put on trial and their supporters as well.
  • aneed2know sjalan 2012/01/16 05:01:23
    aneed2know
    +1
    true that, but again just like this person who responded, they will fake outrage.
  • sjalan aneed2know 2012/01/16 05:03:28
    +1
    How true.
  • aneed2know wwe.sod... 2012/01/16 05:00:23
    aneed2know
    oh please, you never hear them talking of a white person being sired by a African, smacks dead of the slave markets. Please dont play the fool, you know exactly what i am talking about.
  • wwe.sod... aneed2know 2012/01/16 05:50:01
    wwe.sodahead.com/RPG2011
    I am unable to hear the video, but I will look for the content on the web and get back to you.
  • RogerCoppock 2012/01/15 02:48:56
    RogerCoppock
    +2
    THIS IS JUST PLAIN SICK!!!
  • Ol'Dave 2012/01/15 02:26:54
    Ol'Dave
    +3
    ITS NOT BIBLICAL!! The Bible tells us to: 1)pray for our leaders and 2) pray for those that persecute you (I disagree w/ Obama, but GOD'S DIRECTION OVER-RULES what I want)
  • MO.gal 2012/01/15 02:22:18
    MO.gal
    +4
    I hope he realizes Karma is a bi*ch.
  • vis_viva 2012/01/15 02:02:24
  • Ssgtwaldo 2012/01/15 01:47:27 (edited)
    Ssgtwaldo
    +3
    I pray for his ouster every night! If death (of natural causes) is the only way to get the treasonous, socialist bastard out of office and save America then so be it!

More manufactured outrage by a flaming communist wrapped in the avatar of a dead terrorist/communist. That is the type of person Obama attracts..... hummm
    their picking on obama
  • Che Gue... Ssgtwaldo 2012/01/15 05:53:43
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +3
    Thank you for exposing the douchebaggery of RWNJ's once again. lol
  • wwe.sod... Che Gue... 2012/01/15 11:54:18
    wwe.sodahead.com/RPG2011
    Pardon my lack of catching on. What does RWNJ mean? I don't recognize the abbreviation.
  • Ira wwe.sod... 2012/01/15 13:20:37
    Ira
    +1
    Right wing nut job
  • wwe.sod... Ira 2012/01/15 20:48:01
    wwe.sodahead.com/RPG2011
    Thanks. My guesses didn't even come close.
  • Ira wwe.sod... 2012/01/15 23:34:58
    Ira
    +1
    Its a typical derogatory moniker from the left here. The right has similar for liberals.
  • Ssgtwaldo Che Gue... 2012/01/17 04:40:42
    Ssgtwaldo
    Reread my above..... hang che
  • Somkey the Hores 2012/01/15 01:41:10
    Somkey the Hores
    +2
    Horribly wrong. Then That IDIOT Biden would be prez.
  • Someone Else 2012/01/15 01:37:15
    Someone Else
    +2
    Why not we do still enjoy the freedom of free speech and religion in this country. You can pray to whomever you choose and for whatever reason. Whether someone disagrees with the content of that prayer is no ones business other than the one doing the praying. 1st amendment people.
  • flrdsgns Someone... 2012/01/15 01:52:57
    flrdsgns
    +4
    And people have the freedom of speech and prayer to hope and pray that this republican windbag steps in from of a bus
  • davidl flrdsgns 2012/01/15 06:16:21
    davidl
    +3
    The freedom of speech doesn't mean you get a freedom from consequences. RP said all those hateful things about MLK day being Hate whitey day. It was his right, and now even RP has learned that actions have consequences.

If your statement is viewed as a threat, then DHS has the freedom to take you away for all-expense paid trip to a holding cell while they take their time investigating you.

NOBODY has the freedom to threaten a public official's life ... ever, regardless of party.
  • Grandbr... Someone... 2012/01/15 08:12:23
    Grandbrother
    +1
    Who said anything about taking away his freedom of speech? The question was just about whether it was "right or wrong" of him to be petitioning his supposed god for the death of a political rival and the destruction of his family.
  • Someone... Grandbr... 2012/01/15 14:25:09
    Someone Else
    I guess if you believe in God and that God can actually do your bidding then it might be considered a threat. But since God is nothing more than a figment of mans imagination, then it's only blowing hot air something all politicians are very good at.
  • Grandbr... Someone... 2012/01/15 14:46:14
    Grandbrother
    +1
    Nothing about a legitimate threat was mentioned either. I agree that god is a construct of man, but that's irrelevant to the simple question of whether or not it's right to behave in such a crass manner.
  • Someone... Grandbr... 2012/01/15 14:49:20
    Someone Else
    He may suffer the consequences of his behavior and be deemed a nut bag. Only time will tell. Whether it's right or wrong? Who knows.
  • hayesml47 2012/01/15 01:32:14
    hayesml47
    +3
    Wrong on so many levels! It brings his beliefs in to question, his morals, and it taints anyone who associates with him!
  • davidl 2012/01/15 01:28:19
    davidl
    +3
    Where was all this outrage when the same people were buying kill Bush T-shirts, and Bush assassination movies and video games? But for the record, all of that is unacceptable.

kill bush tshirt
    kill bush movie
  • vis_viva davidl 2012/01/15 01:57:55
  • davidl vis_viva 2012/01/15 04:52:31 (edited)
    davidl
    The 2nd was a movie SPECIFICALLY about assassinating GW Bush. (Google how many parties people had for screenings, you'll also find some prominent democrats mentioned)

Don't tell me that if somebody did a movie about Assassinating Obama that there wouldn't be an outrage to end all outrages.

Below unedited from wikipedia on the movie. Read the comments yourself. Even Hillary Clinton is quoted as saying "absolutely outrageous .. makes me sick"
    =============================...

The central conceit of Death of a President was much criticised by those who believed it exploited the subject of presidential assassination, and that by doing so, was in bad taste. Gretchen Esell of the Texas Republican Party described the subject matter saying, "I find this shocking, I find it disturbing. I don't know if there are many people in America who would want to watch something like that."[7] Hillary Clinton, then junior United States Senator from New York, told The Journal News of Rockland, Westchester, and Putnam counties at the annual New Castle Community Day in Chappaqua that, "I think it's despicable. I think it's absolutely outrageous. That anyone would even attempt to profit on such a horrible scenario makes me sick."[8]

Simon Finch, the co-screenwriter, replied saying that Clinton had not se...

=============================...

Simon Finch, the co-screenwriter, replied saying that Clinton had not seen the film when she commented.[9] The Bush administration did not comment about the film; as White House spokesperson Emily Lawrimore remarked, "We are not commenting because it doesn't dignify a response."[10] Two U.S. cinema chains, Regal and Cinemark, refused to screen Death of a President,[11][12] which was distributed by Newmarket Films in the United States. CNN and NPR also refused to broadcast advertisements for the film.[13]
    Critics had varied opinions about Death of a President. The Metacritic aggregate website rated it at 49, "Mixed or Average", based upon 30 reviews.[14] Rotten Tomatoes rated it at 37%, "Rotten", based upon 90 reviews.[15] In Time magazine, Richard Corliss said it was "engrossing, but not enthralling", placing it in the context of other fictional assassinations, such as The Assassination of the Duke of Guise (1908), Suddenly (1954) and television programmes like 24 (2001–2010); concluding that it was "not an incendiary documentary, but a well-made political thriller."[16] In the Village Voice, J. Hoberman said it was "dramatically inert, but a minor techno-miracle" and that it "skews more theoretical than sensationalist ... Bush is presented as a martyr."[3] James Berardinelli commented that "If this was a serious examination of the possible long-term ramifications of George Bush's current foreign policy, or if it had anything interesting to say about Bush's legacy, it might be justifiable. But that's not the case. The decision to use Bush rather than a fictional representation of him is for no reason other than self-promotion."[17]
  • vis_viva davidl 2012/01/15 16:45:40
    vis_viva
    Yes it probably was "in bad taste". I'm just saying it's not the same as outright calling for his death. If you tell a fictional story I'm going to give a bit more leeway. And I would treat a fictional movie about the assassination of ANY president different than I would someone calling for his outright death.

2014/07/23 01:22:17