Just Who Started This Obama Birth Certificate Mess Anyway?

safari 2010/02/11 02:13:11
Bush did It
It started on the Left in the Puma Party as this article states
It started on the Right by nutjob birthers - HERE IS THE PROOF
Obama started it by lying and covering up in the first place.
Hmmmmm......
Birthers began not on the right, but on the left.

Investigations for my new book, Wingnuts, revealed that the Birther conspiracy theory was first concocted by renegade members of the original Obama haters, Party Unity My Ass, known more commonly by their acronym, the PUMAs. They were a splinter group of hard-core Hillary Clinton supporters who did not want to give up the ghost after the bitter 50-state Bataan Death March to the 2008 Democratic nomination.

In the early summer of ‘08, message boards on sites like PUMAParty.com began lighting up with the ultimate reversal-of-fortune fantasy—that their party’s nomination could be overturned on constitutional grounds. “Obama May Be Illegal to Be Elected President!” read one representative e-mail: “This came from a USNA [U.S. Naval Academy] alumnus. It’ll be interesting to see how the media handle this…WRITE TO YOUR LOCAL newspaper editors etc. Keep this out there everyday possible. Also write to the DNC too!”

Avlon goes on to describe the exploits...

Read More: http://www.newsrealblog.com/2010/02/08/john-avalon...

• No More Commies 2010/02/11 03:52:53
    No More Commies
    +18
    At this point he's spent an estimated 1.7 mil hiding his birthplace. I don't consider myself a birther just intelligent enough to know that no natural born American would waste over a million dollars hiding their CERT!. POTUS?? More like illegal alien!
    Support America! Deport Obama!

• Constitution Believer 2011/02/24 17:13:16
  • Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2010/02/13 06:09:42
    Hmmmmm......
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +1
    Who cares who started it....If it wasn't true why then does he spend MILLIONS $$$$$$ to hide it and all his other important papers?!?!?!?!?! Come on, he very first executive order was to seal his past. That is what has my attention!
  • enlightened one 2010/02/12 23:13:59
    enlightened one
    +1
    I believe anybody in America would have to question the validity of a politician who in the broad scope of things appeared out of thin air. His name was unrecognizable to most of the U.S. prior to 2007. Plus, the name itself does not sound like an American name - so foreign born and foreign roots would come to mind. I can't believe that his apparent cover-ups and evasions to the questions of his birth, early years, school records, etc, would not have legitimate bearing in the least of his viable citizenship and at the most his eligibility to be our U.S. President. His silence speaks volumes.
  • Jimbo 2010/02/12 21:58:20
    Jimbo
    +2
    He's lied about everything else since arriving on the scene. Why not this too?
  • Icanbean Arschloch 2010/02/12 18:46:33 (edited)
    Icanbean  Arschloch
    +1
    Show me the cute little foot print on his Birth Certificate.
  • Diane 2010/02/12 17:35:07
    Diane
    +2
    I think it was obvious from the very beginning of his campaign that he was not one of us.
    obama lying covering obvious campaign
  • Adam Troy 2010/02/12 02:01:08
    Hmmmmm......
    Adam Troy
    +1
    Hello:

obama started it. His family initiated it and he, obama, must fill in the gaps. Bye: Adam Troy
  • Steve Adam Troy 2010/02/12 02:15:06
    Steve
    +1
    No, Obama has provided his birth certificate. It's available for public inspection.
  • Steve Adam Troy 2010/02/12 02:23:37
  • Willy 2010/02/12 00:53:51
    Hmmmmm......
    Willy
    +1
    It wouldn't surprise me if the Clinton supporters started this mess. As little as Obama seems to know about this country it's clear he never learned anything about our history, our Constitution, or our Founding Fathers or their goals for their children and their children etc. His lack of connection to this country helps fuel the fire. His lack of integrety helps too! Either way, he's as worthless as a car without a steering wheel!
  • Steve Willy 2010/02/12 02:16:40
    Steve
    +2
    He has a keen grasp of all those things, by report from close acquaintances and by record. He taught Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago, for example.

You really should cite some reference before slandering our Commander-in-Chief.
  • Willy Steve 2010/02/13 01:39:50
    Willy
    Our Commander and Thief? Sorry you voted for this waste of oxygen!
  • safari Willy 2010/02/12 17:12:37
    safari
    The only thing he cares about that I can tell is himself.
  • One Second to Live 2010/02/12 00:19:23
    Hmmmmm......
    One Second to Live
    +3
    I heard that Obama was a survivor of a botched abortion and since those beings aren't considered "HUMAN", I guess he's not even human so now what??
  • pies_Guy 2010/02/11 23:50:55
    Hmmmmm......
    pies_Guy
    +4
    shouldn't our country be asking this about... hmmmmm country
  • safari pies_Guy 2010/02/12 17:14:15
  • Mulder 2010/02/11 23:31:13
    Hmmmmm......
    Mulder
    +1
    I'll wait to see the evidence, if any exists. If it's just speculation, then it's worthless information formed in the mind of a partisan hack.
  • safari Mulder 2010/02/12 17:16:19
    safari
    +2
    If you read through here and otherwise on line you should find much about it. You are the one that told me to research on another blog here. Now I suggest you do the same. Unless numerous online articles are not evidence in your mind, in which case then the articles showing that two people claim to have known obama in college are then also not evidential.
  • Mulder safari 2010/02/12 21:02:11
    Mulder
    +1
    I see. I provide articles from original sources. You provide nothing. I don't understand the strategy unless it is to make me do all the work.

Don't you think a better strategy would be for each of us to provide our own information which supports our respective claims?

I am open to any evidence you can provide. If it is just someone repeating something they have heard, however, that is not evidence. If I said I have heard Safari is a closet liberal, that is not evidence. If you admit that you are, that is evidence because you are the source. Now, you could be lying, but it is still evidence which must be scrutinized.

When I offered up a source, who was a roommate of Obama's at Columbia College, that is evidence to be scrutinized. You simply dismissed it because it was only one. When I gave you a second source, you were still dismissive and said that was only two.

Has your research proven that these sources do not exist or that they have reason to fabricate stories? If you suspect some foul play, it is your responsibility to show evidence which leads you to believe so. Otherwise, the evidence has withstood your scrutiny.

Tell me, what would you accept as evidence that Obama went to Columbia College? I am not in the position to get school records because that would be violating privacy laws. How about an article from a right-wing website claiming that Obama went to Columbia College?
  • Brenna 2010/02/11 23:26:09
    Brenna
    +2
    Based upon what I have read, it appears that it was Hillary Clinton and her camp that brought up the issue. Philip Berg was one of Hillary's Attorney's. Clinton dropped it (probably threatened by the Chicago thuggery on the Vince Foster mess) however, Philip Berg didn't. So on and on it goes. I hope the midterms bring pressure to end this and have this usurper arrested for treason. He knows that we know that he's not eligible. And this is a Constitutional scholar????
  • safari Brenna 2010/02/12 17:17:10
    safari
    +1
    Berg did file the fist case.
  • Steve Brenna 2010/02/13 14:16:28
    Steve
    It was dropped because the proof of his birth is legal, verified, vouched-for, and corroborated.
    dropped proof birth legal verified vouched-for corroborated
  • Extremist Soldier of Christ 2010/02/11 22:59:00
    Extremist Soldier of Christ
    +3
    I guess you really didn't see the phoney BC placed on his fighthesmear and then removed when it was discover it was fraud. Obama made this error himself and those who put that fraud on the internet will serve time in jail. Obama had only ONE thing to do and that was NOT to spend SO much money on covering it. HE should have gotten on TV and said, I WAS BORN HERE AND HERE IS THE BC! Instead over a million in court costs not to show it. Please read more on the court hearings before writing this useless piece of infromation. PUMA was not the first individuals---the BC was out in early of 2008 before they were formed. Get your facts in order.
  • Mulder Extremi... 2010/02/11 23:52:07
    Mulder
    +2
    Are you talking about this birth certificate that is on the website right now?
    http://www.fightthesmears.com...
  • safari Extremi... 2010/02/12 17:20:02
    safari
    +1
    Nearly 1.7 mill last time I read. Extremest I didn't write this worthless piece of info.. lol but there are PUMAs in a group I am in and they take credit also back to 08. Wasn't Berg the first attorney to challenge it? I know they actually came up with an interpretation of a law to clear McCain being born in Panama.
  • rwayne72160 2010/02/11 22:22:55
    rwayne72160
    +3
    I'll tell y'all what's amazing. Obama's spent a fortune covering up his birth certificate and his academic records. And there are still imbeciles out there who think he's a natural born American!!! I realize Obama's left wing extremist supporters normally have about as much common sense as a tree stump, but it's unbelievable that they're still covering up for this communist crook.
  • Steve rwayne7... 2010/02/12 02:19:59
    Steve
    +1
    Proof of his birth is on public record.
    Harvard, Columbia, and the University of Chicago all vouch for him.

You, however, are slandering our President with zero evidence.
  • Steve rwayne7... 2010/02/12 18:30:39
    Steve
    +1
    He's had to defend himself against over a dozen ridiculous, frivolous lawsuits. $1 Million is probably pretty thrifty. I'm confident Palin spent more defending herself against lawsuits in Alaska. So, I guess she was hiding bigger stuff ?

The double-standard is appalling.
  • very Conservative "me" 2010/02/11 22:20:41
    very Conservative "me"
    +4
    It's Obama's fault. If he hadn't tried to cover it up nobody would have started any of it and he wouldn't be our alleged president now. Too bad the Puma's didn't push it real hard before the election.
  • Steve very Co... 2010/02/12 02:21:01
    Steve
    He didn't cover anything up. Far more about Obama is on public record than was with the case of Bush or any prior President.
  • very Co... Steve 2010/02/12 17:46:41
    very Conservative "me"
    Somebody did else we'd have his information and it wouldn't take judges and courts to get their hands on it.
  • Steve very Co... 2010/02/12 18:31:47
    Steve
    +1
    http://the.honoluluadvertiser...

"born in Honolulu's Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital...."
    "In November 2008, The Advertiser reported that the first published mention of the future president appeared in a Sunday Advertiser birth announcement that ran on Aug. 13, 1961:"
    "Mr. and Mrs. Barack H. Obama, 6085 Kalanianaole Hwy., son, Aug. 4."
    The identical announcement ran the following day in the Honolulu Star-Bulletin.
    Birthers wave off those birth announcements, saying that Obama family members 48 years ago could have phoned in false information to both newspapers.
    Such vital statistics, however, were not sent to the newspapers by the general public but by the Health Department, which received the information directly from hospitals, Okubo said.
    Birth announcements from the public ran elsewhere in both papers and usually included information such as the newborn's name, weight and time of birth."
  • very Co... Steve 2010/02/12 18:41:49
    very Conservative "me"
    When something is this important - and with all the crap that's now available - I believe they can make these articles appear if they want to. Just like things can be covered up - they can also be added. I absolutely believe that so WHERE'S THE CERTIFICATE?
  • Steve very Co... 2010/02/12 19:10:16
  • very Co... Steve 2010/02/12 19:14:38
    very Conservative "me"
    Seems to be that this is in question. I admire your fortitude but no cigar buddy. I'll believe it when it gets done going through court and all his records are made public and verified by the courts.
  • Steve very Co... 2010/02/12 19:20:42
    Steve
    +2
    A dozen court cases have been filed. Hearings have been held. All the courts have been satisfied that the claims are groundless. Orly Taitz just got fined $20,000 for filing frivolous motions.

The birth certificate has been verified by state officials. There really isn't any stronger proof that could be provided than what is already public.
  • very Co... very Co... 2010/02/12 19:22:28
    very Conservative "me"
    If what you say is true, then why do so many intelligent thinking people still question it.
  • Mulder Steve 2010/02/12 20:07:20
    Mulder
    +1
    Steve, they will never accept anything as proof.

I know they say they would accept a version of a birth certificate which resembles their own, but if another document is released, they will just say it has been fabricated

And if the state of Hawaii confirms the document is authentic, they will then claim that officials have been paid off or that the state of Hawaii does not exist.

This is their playbook, their new bible in the culture war.
  • Brightsprite62 2010/02/11 21:34:34 (edited)
    Hmmmmm......
    Brightsprite62
    +4
    the constution states a person running for the office of president has to show proof of having been born an american citizen or has to have been alive at the time the constitution was written and put into effect. There is no way Obama could have done the last. That means he has to do the first. Something to this point he has yet to do. Now he has made it illegal to probe into his records related to his past. What's with that. If he's legal with nothing to hide why not just produce the cirtificate of birth and shut everyone up. Could it be that he can't and that's why he has gone to such lengths to make it hard to find? Obama is a constiutional lawyer, one who doesn't feel the constitution should apply to him. Why is he exempt? Should he be?
  • safari Brights... 2010/02/12 17:29:08
    safari
    +2
    The ability to cover his records was the first thing he signed in office.

2014/07/24 13:01:46