Just call them racist --Liberal super PAC: Calling Republicans racist more effective than criticizing policy

Yo'Adrienne..AFCL 2012/09/15 16:05:54

A top official at a liberal super PAC with the goal of eradicating tea partiers from Congress is telling activists that it’s more effective to label Republicans as racists than criticize their policies.

According to an audio recording obtained by The Daily Caller, Matthew “Mudcat” Arnold, the national campaign manager of the liberal CREDO super PAC, told a gathering of supporters in Aurora, Colo., on Sept. 8 that they’ve realized “policy did not move voters.”

He used Iowa Republican Rep. Steve King as an example.

“When we said that Steve King … is pro-life and believes in cutting Social Security and voted for the Ryan budget, no one cared,” Arnold said. “When we said Steve King’s a racist, Steve King believes that immigrants ought to be put in electric fences, people moved.”

“When you talk about the substance of a man’s character, people respond,” Arnold continued. “Believe it or not, that is not something politicians knew.”

CREDO super PAC, which did not immediately return a request for comment from The Daily Caller on Thursday, bills itself as a “political committee working to defeat ten of the most odious tea party members of Congress.”

Arnold made the comments while discussing the organization’s campaign against Colorado Republican Rep. Mike Coffman. The event at BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse was billed as a gathering for “CREDO members and local activists to discuss our campaign to defeat Mike Coffman.”

Democratic candidate Joe Miklosi is challenging Coffman. Republicans reacted to Arnold’s comments by pouncing on Miklosi.

“The irony of this is that Miklosi repeatedly tries to paint Coffman as a radical, but he’s got a far, far left-wing group of crazies supporting him and helping his campaign,” said a Republican strategist familiar with the campaign. “Miklosi is masquerading as a moderate, but you can tell a lot about somebody by the company they keep.”

The super PAC’s strategy of trying to smear Republicans is evident with the nicknames they’ve given to the 10 members they are targeting this year: Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann is “Queen of Crazy,” Florida Rep. Allen West is “Beyond Crazy,” Illinois Rep. Joe Walsh is “America’s Most Offensive Congressman,” and Iowa Rep. Steve King is “Paranoid Bigot.”

“We want to stop people who have hijacked our community, who have hijacked the national platform and who are advocating policies and saying things in public that embarrass us,” Arnold said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/14/liberal-super-pac-calling-r...

• Schläue~© 2012/09/15 16:20:27
    Schläue~©
    +5
    The word 'racist' is a lot easier to remember than having to waste all that time studying pesky facts and having a real debate.

Proglodytes have short attention spans.

• Greg 2012/09/18 22:28:45
    Greg
    The irony is that a racist interprets everything based upon race, evidence notwithstanding--which is exactly what liberals do. Democrats are THE party of racists and sexists. They are the only party that defines issues based upon the race and/or gender of the person making the statement! By their own definition, liberals of the only true bigots left, and they are probably completely unaware of it as they point their hypocritical fingers at everyone else.
  • Yo'Adri... Greg 2012/09/18 22:54:39
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    UNAWARE and CLUELESS! Great Post.!!!!Greg!
  • Tony Cicarella 2012/09/15 21:20:23
    Tony Cicarella
    +1
    I remember how angry the Clinton's were when Obama played the race card on them. It was poetic. So no surprise that they constantly fall back on this tried and true tactic. I don't care if these idiots say I'm a racist because I'm so anti-Obama. I know his skin color has nothing to do with my disdain for him. I won't let them use that to cower me into a corner.
  • Yo'Adri... Tony Ci... 2012/09/18 22:55:44 (edited)
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    Too bad they didn't feel compelled to let the world know who Barry Soetoro really was in 2007.!
  • Vision of Verve 2012/09/15 20:25:36
  • Charge 2012/09/15 17:54:53
  • Jane 2012/09/15 17:46:14
    Jane
    I believe this is a pack of lies. That being said, all politics are nasty.
  • Yo'Adri... Jane 2012/09/15 18:14:22
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    and you know this because you work for the Liberal Super PAC? You read it in the
    Wall Street Journal? Please send link where someone has proof that this is a LIE.
  • No nons... Yo'Adri... 2012/09/15 20:13:14
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    There isn't one except those who routinely use the race card for political advantage,
    coupled with those who use it for financial gain keep using the tactic over and over
    until they believe what they say.......................They quote one another.

If people want to live in a tolerant society where 53% of the people vote for a black POTUS.....unfortunately we are going to have to vote out this Black man 53% of the voters elected. Why? Because this man has never won an election without the use of
    racism and dirty tricks. And of course those who use if for financial gain have
    a vested interest in keeping racism alive.

I remember listening to a campaign rally speech of Mooochelle 0bama during the
    2008 primaries, and she was saying, "if you want to get rid of the scar of slavery,
    vote for my husband......." It was one of those things she was saying along with
    "for the first time I am proud of my country"

She got so much flack from this statement she had to clarify "what she meant".....
    have you ever wondered why Michelle and Barack 0bama end up clarifying
    what they meant to say, after people object to what they say? These two people
    who were sold to the country as highly intelligent and articulate, end up putting
    their foot in their mouths and have to walk...

their foot in their mouths and have to walk back their statements all too many times.
    But the bottom line is they use racism for political advantage, and the will continue to
    use it even those it is divisive and promotes race warfare............
  • Yo'Adri... No nons... 2012/09/18 22:58:11 (edited)
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +1
    excellent GREAT COMMENT....! THANKS.
  • No nons... Yo'Adri... 2012/09/18 23:05:28
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    Thank you.......:-)
  • Jane Yo'Adri... 2012/09/16 11:30:23
    Jane
    Credo's goal is to expose the tea party for what it is, not to call anyone racist and yes I support credo and they have been around longer than Super PAC's.
  • Yo'Adri... Jane 2012/09/18 23:00:32
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    TEA PARTY???/ Who's talking about the TEA PARTY? move on!
  • johnc 2012/09/15 17:05:25
    johnc
    +1
    liberals are digging in the old outhouse , after they dig through all the Obama there, they resort to the worn out race card, and blame Bush card. it is all they have, Cannot run on Obies record or agenda. they are both disasters.

NOBAMA 2012
  • BigEyedFish 2012/09/15 16:31:38
    BigEyedFish
    +2
    It's been repeatedly the way for the last few months for an Obama commentator to be asked a question about Obama and they'll answer with something Romney did wrong instead of answering the question.
    They cannot dazzle us with brilliance so they baffle us with bull.
    Transparency, the one promise Obama has kept
  • Yo'Adri... BigEyed... 2012/09/15 16:50:06 (edited)
  • BigEyed... Yo'Adri... 2012/09/15 16:53:43
  • Jane BigEyed... 2012/09/15 17:49:38
    Jane
    I did not read any facts on issues from you or your friends. Just what you accuse the other side of doing.
  • BigEyed... Jane 2012/09/15 18:07:50
    BigEyedFish
    I didn't present the question so I am not obligated by "discussion group etiquette" to back up my every opinion with a factual source unless it's called for, but to give you a for instance...
    There was democratic commentator that I felt badly for on Meghan Kelly the other day. When asked why OBama went to Vegas instead of staying in Wash for his Intel Briefing, the poor girl just sat there and said she couldn't explain it...and her respect points grew 3X's that day!
    Typically the answer would have been, "Why did Obama go to Vegas?" answered with "Why did Romney have a speech before all the info was out?"
    I see it all day long. They can't answer for some of the things going on so they point the finger the other way as if we're all James Woods. "ooo a piece of candy"
  • Jane BigEyed... 2012/09/16 11:24:57
    Jane
    Guess we live in different worlds.
  • Yo'Adri... Jane 2012/09/18 23:02:37
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +1
    Jane....move on......who cares what you think!
  • Yo'Adri... BigEyed... 2012/09/18 23:01:20
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +1
    Bingo....you hit the mark........I noticed that early on...........Answer a question with a "negative comment regarding the opponent!
  • Schläue~© 2012/09/15 16:20:27
    Schläue~©
    +5

Proglodytes have short attention spans.
  • BigEyed... Schläue~© 2012/09/15 16:59:39
    BigEyedFish
    +1
    *gasp* There's that word again, proglodytes! Someone called me one yesterday and I wondered, "Hmm, there must be an app for that, like a word of the day thang!" Now you've said it, too? *st* That's it...I'm working it into my next conversation! LOL

And I agree wholeheartedly! They knew in the beginning that no matter what happened, they could always blame it on racism. "He didn't succeed because racists kept him from doing anything", or something. How Clintonesque to always have something up yer sleeve in case of an emergency...like a good cigar! ;-)
  • johnc BigEyed... 2012/09/15 17:07:12
    johnc
    +1
    I believe liberals have this opinion of persons of color that failure is expected, hence they are the racists.

NOBAMA 2012
  • BigEyed... johnc 2012/09/15 17:23:48
    BigEyedFish
    +1
    I would love it if color wasn't even mentioned.
    I would have loved for the first African American or Woman President to have succeeded but it hasn't worked out that way.
    Either one would have had a crutch to lean on and I'm getting old and I'm much less tolerable of people who use crutches to justify themselves. My cup runneth over so to speak! LOL
    Romney/Ryan 2012
  • johnc BigEyed... 2012/09/15 17:25:35
    johnc
    +1
    I agree.
  • sickofpolitics 2012/09/15 16:09:52
    sickofpolitics
    +3
    They can not stand on their record so they have to attack. Pathetic, simply pathetic!!!!!
  • Zervur 2012/09/15 16:08:16

2014/07/23 02:20:58