John McCain's new campaign says that he is no Bush. Do you agree that Bush and McCain are different?

Grace W. Bush 2008/07/09 18:23:55
No. McCain is another Bush. We are not blind.
Yes. McCain and Bush are a lot different than what people think. He is not another Bush.
This is the best strategy in this election I have seen since Obama's "Fight the Smears." Is about time John McCain fights back about what people mostly judge him for, claiming that he is Bush's 3rd term. John McCain and George Bush have a lot in common, but these two Republicans have also had some high profile differences, and McCain's presidential campaign is more than willing to point them out. From climate change to his first calls for a surge of U.S. troops into Iraq, McCain has not always seen eye to eye with President Bush or, for that matter, other GOP leaders on issues of policy for the better part of the past decade. His open defiance of the Republican establishment has helped to bolster his image as a "maverick" lawmaker willing to shun party loyalty and obedience for personal principle. And seeing that this election is likely to be won by the candidate who successfully attracts the most support of uncommitted independents, expect to hear more about the McCain and Bush differences in the coming months.

"We feel like that is a record that must be given attention every time Barack Obama falsely accuses John McCain of running for George Bush's third term," said Nicolle Wallace, a veteran Bush operative who joined Team McCain in May. "There is no truth to that."

• TexanIn... PLANETE... 2008/07/10 10:02:49
    TexanInHawaii
    +1
    Judge Mental Case....always with the colors...
  • Mollybdamned American Atheist 2008/07/09 22:45:14
    Mollybdamned American Atheist
  • Feck Sodahed 2008/07/09 22:43:16
    Feck Sodahed
    +1
    McCain has white hair.
    Yes. McCain and Bush are a lot different than what people think. He is not an...
    +2
    McCain is pro choice and that alone makes him way different than Mr. Bush. He is much more liberal in some areas and his voting record has been in large part anti Bush. People who think he is another Bush are just parroting what the far left propagates. They all need to think for themselves and actually do some research for themselves.
  • Lucy Mike 2008/07/10 00:29:35
    Lucy
    +1
    McCain is NOT pro choice. He wants to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Maybe You need to research McCain-It is right on his website-My Parroting comes right from the man himself-Now you go do the research.
  • Feck So... Mike 2008/07/10 00:44:21
    Feck Sodahed
    +1
    Think again. That is one of his many flip-flops. He is no longer pro-choice.
  • TexanIn... Mike 2008/07/10 10:06:21
    TexanInHawaii
    +1
    Actually, Mike, McCain WAS pro-choice until he "saw the sonogram" of his daughter....he grew up and saw the light and is now pro-life.....
  • Acebandit 2008/07/09 22:13:29
    Acebandit
    +2
    He know everyone hates Bush, so he thinks by saying he's not like him, even though he is, will help his campain. mccain bush blind hates bush thinks campain
  • vi 2008/07/09 22:04:26
    vi
    +4
    His is more not like Preident Bush than like him.
  • NZArkie08: In God We Trust. 2008/07/09 21:44:46
    NZArkie08:  In God We Trust.
    +5
    He is more in the center than Bush is. More liberal. They differ on many issues.
  • BITE ME! 2008/07/09 21:43:48
    BITE ME!
    +5
    McCain is smarter than Bush.
  • NZArkie... BITE ME! 2008/07/09 21:45:44
    NZArkie08:  In God We Trust.
    +2
    Oh, I forgot that one!
  • jay 2008/07/09 21:30:12
    jay
    +4
    McCain is like Bush. Neither McCain nor Bush is a racist like Obama. McCain and Bush both love America, and Obama doesn't. McCain and Bush are both Christians, while Obama is a muslim who says he is a Christian. Neither Bush nor McCain are phonies, but Obama.......well, you get the idea by now.
  • crsone 2008/07/09 21:27:03
    crsone
    +2
    I'm actually using undecided to mean "none of the above." They are not identical. But they are very, very similar in a lot of very, very important areas. The economy and how to fix it being the most important. What foreign policy should be like for another. The whole fake "scare them until they love me" mantra that seems to be front and center for most Republicans these days is yet another similarity.

He does seem to differ on global warming, although his desire to do yet more drilling makes me wonder how much teeth he would put into that belief.
  • Feck So... crsone 2008/07/09 22:44:48
    Feck Sodahed
    +1
    I agree Crsone!
  • NICKI70 2008/07/09 21:23:35
    NICKI70
    +1
    They all spin undecided spin things so I have a hard time seein the truth
  • Kevman 2008/07/09 21:22:25
    Kevman
    +5
    He's not perfect, but he's all we have. Otherwise, we're in for four years of hell on Earth!
    mccain bush people bush years earth
  • SAM Kevman 2008/07/09 23:08:15
    SAM
    +1
    Worth 1000 = Photoshop
  • nancee 2008/07/09 21:01:24
    nancee
    +4
    Since these are the men we have left to vote for I will vote McCain. I was for HIllary but absolutely not for BHO
  • Janie nancee 2008/07/10 02:41:24
    Janie
    Exactly where I am at.
  • Indigo 2008/07/09 21:01:01
    Indigo
    +2
    He is like Bush's puppet
  • I'm Left, You're Wrong 2008/07/09 20:52:07
    I'm Left, You're Wrong
    +3
    McSame hasn't started a needless war yet.....but he's simply going to continue the failed policies of Bush, so there is no difference.
  • dahacks I'm Lef... 2008/07/09 22:19:06
    dahacks
    +3
    needless war ? go tell that to the soldiers.. go tell that to the iraqi women who have been Raped and tortured. if the iraqi people knew that all americans supported this war and felt confident that we were committed to wining it would have been over a long time ago .
  • Feck So... dahacks 2008/07/09 22:53:19
    Feck Sodahed
    +2
    These soldiers?

Four U.S. soldiers in Iraq are charged with participation in the "rape and murder of a young Iraqi woman and three members of her family," the U.S. military said Sunday. http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/0...

Late last year, Swadi, one of seven female lawyers now representing women detainees in Abu Ghraib, began to piece together a picture of systemic abuse and torture perpetrated by US guards against Iraqi women held in detention without charge. This was not only true of Abu Ghraib, she discovered, but was, as she put it, "happening all across Iraq". http://www.guardian.co.uk/wor...
  • dahacks Feck So... 2008/07/10 00:45:12
    dahacks
    +2
    4 guys out of 40 thousand ! water boarding ? like the kids do at college dorms? maybe you should take your pagan ass over to some third world shit hole and Howell at the moon.
  • Feck So... dahacks 2008/07/10 01:00:57
    Feck Sodahed
    +1
    LOL Howell
  • dahacks Feck So... 2008/07/10 01:07:48
  • Feck So... dahacks 2008/07/10 01:21:37
    Feck Sodahed
    +1
    Obviously by your behavior...you're a Christian.

“I like your Christ. I don’t like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ.” ~~Ghandi
  • dahacks Feck So... 2008/07/10 02:02:43
    dahacks
    +2
    i dont like people who support osama i just dont get . it,s like you joined some kind of cult. he is a proven liar he is a junior senator from ill .who got to senitor because bobby rushes seat was empty . he knew his pastor was a racist.his wife is a bitch and his father was a asshole. but yet he wrote a book full of lies about him.he thinks babies are punishment. problem solving to him means rise your taxes.and today he said we should all speak Spanish as not to offend foreigners when we visit there country.
    and he dint bad mouth mzzz Rene when she decided to sing her own version of the national anthem.
  • Feck So... dahacks 2008/07/10 02:17:55
    Feck Sodahed
    +2
    I don't support osama or Obama. I did not join any cult...not Obama's or any other cult just so you know. I agree with what you said about his pastor and his father. I just don't support McCain either. I am disapointed in our choices for POTUS. But it isn't nice of you to make nasty inuendos about someone's religion. I would never post a vulgar picture of Christ to make fun of you.
  • dahacks Feck So... 2008/07/10 02:28:34
    dahacks
    +1
    ok , i was joking with you but whenever i hear the word pagan i think of the scene from apocalypse now when the guys on the boat first see col kurtz camp.
  • Feck So... dahacks 2008/07/10 02:33:42
    Feck Sodahed
    +2
    I am not familiar with that...but I am sure it is not an accurate depiction of my religion. I just think people should be more tolerant of other people's differences.
  • kevracer 2008/07/09 20:38:39
    kevracer
    +3
    John McCain and George Bush are not the same; no one could be as blind to the world as Bush. John McCain looks like Elmer Fudd, and he is older than Bush (hopefully wiser).
  • Ginny 2008/07/09 20:33:13
    Ginny
    +6
    Just because they are both registered republicans doesn't mean that they are alike. Just look at their voting records.
  • Plantgypc 2008/07/09 20:30:20
    Plantgypc
    +4
    There are many things Bush pushed for and McCain fought against. To say they are the same, is like saying Clinton and Obama are the same because they are both democrats. We know Clinton and Obama are two sides of the same coin, as Bush and McCain are. They are in the same party but different.
  • Denny 2008/07/09 20:23:04
    Denny
    +3
    McCain is more of an OB or Hilly than he is a Bush, Always has been. Thats why Kerry wanted him for Vice last time.
  • Mike (the original sodahead... 2008/07/09 20:22:36
    Mike (the original sodahead 'Mike')
    +1
    I think what he meant is that at his age he has and gets no bush.
  • NICKI70 Mike (t... 2008/07/09 21:20:48
    NICKI70

here is some bush
  • Mike (t... NICKI70 2008/07/10 12:57:32
    Mike (the original sodahead 'Mike')
    +1
    Is it just me or does that woman have a dude's treasure trail?
  • NICKI70 Mike (t... 2008/07/10 18:27:42
    NICKI70
    +1
    OOWWW ya she does...LOL

2014/10/02 08:46:55