John McCain or Barack Obama?

Freedomwatcher 2008/08/01 00:25:12
John McCain
49,394 votes
45%
Barack Obama
49,584 votes
45%
11,924 votes
11%
If the General Election were held today, who would you vote for?
Would you vote for the Democratic candidate, see Barack Obama Biography, with the now famous Obama Fist Bump, or Jon McCain, with his let's Gas Tax Holiday for the summer.

Question Closed

• Laz 2008/10/09 16:10:31
    John McCain
    Laz
    +7
    John McCain has the Senatorial experience in addition to his years of military service.
  • ACHANGE Laz 2008/10/09 16:12:23 (edited)
  • Tudie BN ACHANGE 2008/10/09 18:54:48
  • Brat Laz 2008/10/09 16:13:15
    Brat
    +5
    According to the National Review online, Obama is now claiming he as no ties to ACORN. I love it!
  • WV Gal Brat 2008/10/09 16:30:37
    WV Gal
    +5
    LOL Brat....thanks for that update. Wasn't it ACORN who gave the FRAUD obama's campaign $800,000.00, or was it the FRAUD obama's campaign who gave ACORN $800,000.00....perhaps HUSH MONEY. Whatever way it was....it was FRAUD.

God Bless America!!!
  • Brat WV Gal 2008/10/09 16:35:27
    Brat
    +1
    Yeah, he just doesn't think we'll check his statements. I found an article of him giving a speech to ACORN and he talks all over the place about his involvement with them.
  • Tinker Brat 2008/10/09 16:39:10
    Tinker
    +1
    brat,

Read VIDEO PHOTOS ANALYSIS INTERACTIVE
    By Ashley Broughton
    CNN

(CNN) -- A moving graph at the bottom of the CNN screen during Tuesday night's presidential debate measured the reactions of uncommitted voters in the swing state of Ohio, and it seemed to bear out the theory that negative campaigning draws negative voter reactions.

Analysts say undecided voters don't like negative attacks, from either side.

more photos » Nearly every time one candidate threw a jab at the other, the voter reaction dipped measurably.

The dips were minor for small digs but slipped further if a candidate continued criticizing his opponent.

For instance, reactions of both men and women voters slid into negative territory when Republican Sen. John McCain said that trying to nail down Democratic Sen. Barack Obama's tax policies is like "nailing Jell-O to the wall." Watch the criticism and the reaction »

Similarly, the reaction line took a dive when Obama discussed McCain's votes in the Senate against alternative fuels. Watch the graph go down at this point »

Such negative reactions are typically seen in voters who are undecided, said Merle Black, professor of politics and government at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia.

"They don't like negative campaigning," he said. "It doesn't matte...'"

'

'

"""''"

''""

"'"

'"""'

"'"

''

'

'

"""'"

'

"'"""

""""
    brat,

Read VIDEO PHOTOS ANALYSIS INTERACTIVE
    By Ashley Broughton
    CNN

"They don't like negative campaigning," he said. "It doesn't matter whether it's one side or the other."

But while each candidate saw dips when criticizing his opponent, voters' reactions were more positive when each began talking about specific plans and ideas regarding the national economy, the war in Iraq, the environment and other issues.

Don't Miss
    McCain, Obama lay out contrasts in debate
    Obama picks up second debate win, poll says
    Analysis: A game changer? Not this time
    Voters are "worried about real issues," Black said. "They want the candidate to address that. ... That's what the voters are interested in. They know it's a big mess out there, and they want to know what the alternatives are." See scenes from the debate »

With less than a month to go before the general election, McCain's campaign said before Tuesday's debate that he planned to "take off the gloves." In addition, both campaigns have launched negative advertising campaigns against the opponent in an effort to win over undecided voters.

The stakes for McCain are high, as most polls show him trailing Obama.

"When you are down to crunch time and it's win or lose, you throw niceties out the window," Bruce Vanden Bergh, a professor of advertising at Michigan State University, told CNN before the debate.

And on CNN's "American Morning" on Wednesday, Ben Jones, a former Democratic representative from Georgia, said, "At this point, it appears because the McCain campaign is behind, they think that's the only shot they got left is to bring (negativity) -- but when they do those negative campaigns and negative attacks, it also brings them down.

"So it really doesn't do any good, and people are sick and tired of it."

Both McCain and Obama took numerous opportunities in Tuesday's debate to point out the other's voting record. Obama noted that McCain voted against a program to provide government health insurance for children. Watch Obama slam McCain on health insurance »

For his part, McCain pointed to Obama's vote on a pork-laden energy bill. Watch the dig and the reaction »

Both instances caused voters' reaction to head toward negative territory.

The only voters who like to hear the jabs, Black said, are "the strong partisans. They like to see the other candidate, the other side, criticized." But those voters, he noted, have already made up their minds, and in criticizing their opponent, candidates are "not persuading anybody that's persuadable."

Meanwhile, pointing out opponents' shortcomings is a risky strategy, analysts have said, and one that could easily backfire on a campaign.

"Whenever the campaign takes a negative turn, independent voters notice, and they'll punish the candidate that takes it too far," John Avlon, author of "Independent Nation: How Centrists Can Change American Politics," told CNN prior to the debate.

However, voters on some level have come to anticipate a certain level of criticism and jabs in a debate, which may be one reason that campaigns persist with negativity even though voters are known to dislike it, experts said.

"Both of them are probably irritated at each other and want to get the digs in," Black said. "It just kind of goes with the territory."
    Tinker
  • Brat Tinker 2008/10/09 17:05:55
    Brat
    +1
    Why in the world would you call bringing this to the voters attention, a negative attack? Don't you want to know anything "bad" about your candidate. You can bet your heiny that I've checked out everything I've ever heard about McCain.
  • Tinker Brat 2008/10/09 17:17:35 (edited)
    Tinker
    +1
    Brat, both Canidates have been fully Vetted, and you know this, at this point the only thing left is negativity, and we both know that, McCAIN, HAS NO CHOISE, I understand that, but at the same time it makes him look desperate, and he is!! and do you really think for one minute I DID NOT CHECK INTO Obama?? of course I DID, AS ANY ONE SHOULD, Obama is the closest to what I WANT IN A CANIDATE OR PRESIDENT, AS IS MY RIGHT, THE SAME AS YOU, I am not trying to diswade you, all either of us can do is rebut each other, so please do not asume that you know what I have done or not, as I have not with you!and between the 2 McCain and Obama,, it's Obama for me, and most of the Country agrees with me, Tinker
  • Tudie BN Tinker 2008/10/09 18:55:16
  • nancee Brat 2008/10/09 16:49:49
    nancee
    That's because they have been buster! HAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Vee 2008/10/09 15:50:22
    John McCain
    Vee
    +6
    He is the best man for the job!!! A true American who would fight for his country!!!!!!
  • LORI (a... Vee 2008/10/09 16:08:00
    LORI (a new era)
    +6
    THIS IS A NONPARTISAN JOKE THAT CAN BE ENJOYED BY BOTH PARTIES!

While walking down the street one day a US senator is tragically hit by
    a truck and dies.

His soul arrives in heaven and is met by St. Peter at the entrance.

'Welcome to heaven,' says St. Peter. 'Before you settle in, it seems
    there is a problem. We seldom see a high official around these parts,
    you see, so we're not sure what to do with you.'

'No problem, just let me in,' says the man.

'Well, I'd like to, but I have orders from higher up. What we'll do is
    have you spend one day in hell and one in heaven. Then you can choose
    where to spend eternity.'

'Really, I've made up my mind. I want to be in heaven,' says the
    senator.

'I'm sorry, but we have our rules.'

And with that, St. Peter escorts him to the elevator and he goes down,
    down, down to hell. The doors open and he finds himself in the middle
    of a green golf course. In the distance is a clubhouse and standing in
    front of it are all his friends and other politicians who had worked
    with him.

Everyone is very happy and in evening dress. They run to greet him,
    shake his hand, and reminisce about the good times they had while
    getting rich at the expense of the people.

They play a friendly game of golf and then dine on lobster, caviar and
    champagne.

...

'''

''
    '

'

'

'

'
    '''

'

'

'

'

a truck and dies.

where to spend eternity.'

senator.

'I'm sorry, but we have our rules.'

with him.

champagne.

Also present is the devil, who really is a very friendly guy who has a
    good time dancing and telling jokes. They are having such a good time
    that before he realizes it, it is time to go.

Everyone gives him a hearty farewell and waves while the elevator
    rises...

The elevator goes up, up, up and the door reopens on heaven where St.
    Peter is waiting for him.

'Now it's time to visit heaven.'

So, 24 hours pass with the senator joining a group of contented souls
    moving from cloud to cloud, playing the harp and singing. They have a
    good time and, before he realizes it, the 24 hours have gone by and St.
    Peter returns.

'Well, then, you've spent a day in hell and another in heaven. Now
    choose your eternity.'

The senator reflects for a minute, then he answers: 'Well, I would never
    have said it before, I mean heaven has been delightful, but I think I
    would be better off in hell.'

So St. Peter escorts him to the elevator and he goes down, down, down to
    hell.

Now the doors of the elevator open and he's in the middle of a barren
    land covered with waste and garbage.

He sees all his friends, dressed in rags, picking up the trash and
    putting it in black bags as more trash falls from above.

The devil comes over to him and puts his arm around his shoulder. 'I
    don't understand,' stammers the senator. 'Yesterday I was here and there
    was a golf course and clubhouse, and we ate lobster and caviar, drank
    champagne, and danced and had a great time. Now there's just a wasteland
    full of garbage and my friends look miserable.
    What happened?'

The devil looks at him, smiles and says, 'Yesterday we were
    campaigning.. .

Today you voted.'

-----------------------------...

We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience;

We are spiritual
  • lin LORI (a... 2008/10/09 16:13:45
  • CampDav... lin 2008/10/09 16:42:21
    CampDavid †DEO VALENTI †
    SPIKE LEE Quote-(speaking of Obama being eleceted)
    "When that happens, it will change everything. ... You'll have to measure time
    by `Before Obama' and `After Obama',"

This is 'CULT LIKE' talk and Blasphemy! So we are now living in the year-"2008-BO"? Even Spike Lee speaks of him in Christ-like terms!
    http://www.sodahead.com/quest...
  • aussie 2008/10/09 15:39:26
    Barack Obama
    aussie
    +3
    Obama/Biden 08 for me Mc Cain is a liar..........
  • SCOOP-L... aussie 2008/10/09 15:41:09
  • lin SCOOP-L... 2008/10/09 15:56:06
  • SCOOP-L... lin 2008/10/09 15:59:45
  • lin SCOOP-L... 2008/10/09 16:14:27
  • SCOOP-L... lin 2008/10/09 16:15:23
  • Brat lin 2008/10/09 16:20:56 (edited)
    Brat
    +3
    Reporter for the Chicago Sun Times, Mary Mitchell, says that Palin should be censored. Can you believe this? Now people who are calling Barack Hussein Obama by his entire name are being targeted by "law enforcement."
  • Brat Brat 2008/10/09 16:52:54 (edited)
    Brat
    I thought I'd post an article so you can read her for yourself. It's just one of many that she has written. And she wants Palin censored.

September 14, 2008

BY MARY MITCHELL Sun-Times Columnist

Sarah Palin makes me sick. I hate that she was able to steal Barack Obama's mojo just by showing up wearing rimless glasses and a skirt.

I hate that she makes Joe Biden look like John McCain and John McCain look like the maverick he is not.

I hate that Palin reminds me of Susan Sarandon's feisty character in "Thelma & Louise." I loved Sarandon in that movie, yet I couldn't stand Palin's feistiness at the Republican National Convention.

Sarah Palin makes me sick -- not because she may speak in tongues -- but because she is a fast talker.

Not even ABC's Charlie Gibson can slow Palin's mouth.

I disagree with the people who claim Gibson caught her off guard during her interview when he asked her whether she agreed with the "Bush Doctrine."

"In what respect?" Palin fired back without so much as a stutter.

In fact, it was Gibson doing the sputtering as he pressed Palin to answer a question that he didn't seem to know the answer to himself.

It irks me that Palin is being painted as some kind of "New Age Feminist" by the so-called "elite" media.

She isn't.

Palin is a fresh face on a weary campaign trail, and a jack-in-the-box...

'

September 14, 2008

BY MARY MITCHELL Sun-Times Columnist

She isn't.

Palin is a fresh face on a weary campaign trail, and a jack-in-the-box in this election.

But Palin isn't running against Barack Obama. McCain is, and the media seem to have forgotten that.
  • nancee Brat 2008/10/09 16:54:02
    nancee
    That's the way communism works
  • nancee SCOOP-L... 2008/10/09 16:08:47
    nancee
    +4
    Scoop you have to send this to Fox, this is HOT!!
  • tommigi... nancee 2008/10/09 16:22:05 (edited)
    tommigirl45
    it's entirely not his voice! Go ahead and send it to FAUX NEWS!

But make sure you send the correct version.

• SCOOP-L... tommigi... 2008/10/09 16:27:52
  • tommigi... SCOOP-L... 2008/10/09 17:56:31 (edited)
    tommigirl45
    Here you go!

• tommigi... SCOOP-L... 2008/10/09 16:21:07 (edited)
    tommigirl45
    That is not Obama's voice. Stop the propaganda!

• SCOOP-L... tommigi... 2008/10/09 16:28:48
  • tommigi... SCOOP-L... 2008/10/09 18:11:14
    tommigirl45
    Not my opinion, it's the facts! If you are going to put video clips up the least you could do was ensure that they are valid.

• SCOOP-L... tommigi... 2008/10/09 18:50:03
  • BobWhite SCOOP-L... 2008/10/09 16:31:36
    BobWhite
    +1
    Scoop

You people are sooo stupid, that video has clearly been dubbed. You people are such loosers! get a life! This kind of hate will not get the undecided voter as McCain is finding out....by all means vent, hate, and loose...those are your only options!

life hate undecided voter mccain finding vent hate loose options
  • SCOOP-L... BobWhite 2008/10/09 16:35:59 (edited)
  • tommigi... SCOOP-L... 2008/10/09 18:12:09
    tommigirl45
    Proof again!

• SCOOP-L... BobWhite 2008/10/09 18:57:03
  • tommigi... SCOOP-L... 2008/10/09 18:06:25
    tommigirl45
    Here's the real video without the dummied up voice over!

• SCOOP-L... tommigi... 2008/10/09 18:46:56
  • PJ Swe... aussie 2008/10/09 16:07:43
    PJ  Sweet Cheeks
    +3
    Sorry your Obama has that covered!

An Obama ad uses dated and out of context quotes to portray McCain as clueless on the economy.

http://www.factcheck.org/elec...

Obama says he doesn't take money from oil companies. We say that's a little too slick

. http://www.factcheck.org/elec...
  • PJ Swe... PJ Swe... 2008/10/09 16:10:52

2014/07/23 11:23:06