Joe Biden to Crash Republican National Convention: Radical Community Organizer Attack?

Fef 2012/08/22 06:59:54
Joe Biden will crash the Republican National Convention. I asked "Why?" in my previous poll. I asked in a somewhat joking manner, but in this poll I want to address the seriousness of this unprecedented political tactic. Why would the Vice President attend the opposing political party's national convention?

Does this tactic worry you like it worries me? It looks like a bullying tactic similar to that used by Obama to pressure Chief Justice Roberts. Obama 2012 campaign assigned Biden in the parking lot of the RNC to intimidate the media, convention attendees, and the public. Biden will serve as a reminder of the authority of the president. Biden will expect media coverage and draw it away from the Republicans.

Imagine if Russian President Vladimir Putin stationed his senior most party official to attend the opposition's political convention in Russia. How does this tactic differ? Only because most of us Americans cannot conceive of such an intimidation tactic in America. But this tactic comes naturally to someone who studies the tactics in the book "Rules for Radicals" by Saul Alinsky, a community organizer.

Wikipedia outlines many of the rules from Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals": According to Alinsky, the main job of the organizer is to bait an opponent into reacting. "The enemy properly goaded and guided in his reaction will be your major strength."
Rules for RadicalsConsider RULE 9 in "Rules for Radicals": RULE 9: “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist. (Perception is reality. Large organizations always prepare a worst-case scenario, something that may be furthest from the activists’ minds. The upshot is that the organization will expend enormous time and energy, creating in its own collective mind the direst of conclusions. The possibilities can easily poison the mind and result in demoralization.)

I also think that the Democrats have employed RULE 8 by sending Biden to the RNC: RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new. (Attack, attack, attack from all sides, never giving the reeling organization a chance to rest, regroup, recover and re-strategize.)

ABCNEWS.GO.COM reports:
(Image Credit: Lynne Sladky/AP Photo) As Republicans converge on Florida next week to formally nominate Mitt Romney, Vice President Joe Biden plans to be in town. Biden will be in Florida Monday and Tuesday, including a visit to the Tampa area, site of the 2012 Republican National Convention, the Obama campaign said today. “Any of you going to be in Florida?” Biden joked to reporters today on a campaign stop in Minneapolis. “Well, I’m the speaker at the convention. I’m gonna be down there.”

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/joe-b...

• stobberdobber@msn.com 2012/08/24 00:07:09
    Radical Attack
    stobberdobber@msn.com
    +1
    Sound like a typical Obama attack to me.
  • Marion 2012/08/23 16:34:13
    Radical Attack
    Marion
    +2
    Joe's Bidden is their useful idiot. I don't think they realize that this dirty ploy actually will blow up in their faces. This is no longer politics as we used to know it.the Democrats are dragging this race from the gutter right down into the sewer
  • Irish little 2012/08/23 02:00:14
    Ethical Democracy
    Irish little
    Obummer is hoping Biden will jump parties so he can pick a new VP mate.
  • Larre 2012/08/22 22:47:09
    Radical Attack
    Larre
    +1
    Indeed.. and have the author of the RAVE act and the Illicit Drug Anti-Proliferation Act come and crash the Republicans party?? The one who destroyed Electronic Dance culture (as well as put all the pressure on American culture itself) with a stroke of a pen and a slipping into the Amber Alert bill so GWB had no choice but to sign it? This is DEFINITELY going too far :-)
  • Apache 2012/08/22 22:27:31
  • unicorn_lady1 2012/08/22 20:56:45
    Radical Attack
    unicorn_lady1
    I expect there to be a false flag... "tea-party" incident. Fake tea partiers....... this is nothing more than a set up.
  • phil 2012/08/22 19:13:17
    Radical Attack
    phil
    But who cares. Do u really care. Hes old and he and his boss lie
  • Michael 2012/08/22 18:08:50
    Radical Attack
    Michael
    +2
    He is acting like an activist by trying to divert attention away from the Republicans. Even the Republicans have an "invite" do "not invite" list of people that are allowed. So do the Democrats!
    Let's just call him a heckler, so to demean him.
  • Transquesta 2012/08/22 17:51:00
    Radical Attack
    Transquesta
    +1
    Third option: typical dem-statist tactic.
  • John Walker II 2012/08/22 17:49:29
    Ethical Democracy
    John Walker II
    At the very least, if he is speaking there, they can't go throwing smut around behind his and obama's backs. He's going to be right there to address it, directly, with no filters. And if he's going, then he has to know he's is literally walking into a political storm/war, and any candidate that is worth his salt will go in prepared for just such an encounter.

If Biden comes out smelling like roses, there will be alot of red-faced, embarrased republicans who will not have much of a leg to stand on.

And if it turns out otherwise.. well, time will tell.

What I predict will happen though is every time he opens his mouth to speak an uncomfortable truth that the republican party doesn't want to hear, he's going to be booed to the point he can't be heard. I believe there are too many romney fanatics at those events to count on it being handled with some measure of decorum.
  • unicorn... John Wa... 2012/08/22 20:54:56
    unicorn_lady1
    He is going to be there before the Convention opens .. which negates just about everything you said. One thing I can agree with you on... Biden smells.
  • John Wa... unicorn... 2012/08/22 20:59:10
    John Walker II
    And who isn't? You don't just walk off the plane right into a convention like this. Your shirt is going to be all wrinkly!

All kidding aside, nothing in there says that he won't stick around long enough to have a say all the same. Just because he's going to be there before it starts, doesn't say he's going to leave before it starts. I hadn't read that and if that is explictly stated somewheres then I missed it.
  • unicorn... John Wa... 2012/08/22 21:13:48
    unicorn_lady1
    Can't point you to a link as I hear it on the local news report here. They specifically stated that although republicans are in an uproar over this .. that Biden will leave as soon as he gives his speech.
  • Michael John Wa... 2012/08/23 04:17:53
    Michael
    Only liberals drown out the voice of truth. Biden was not invited and it is an invitation only event, as is the Democratic Convention. Why do you think Republicans throw smut? Smut is a term for obscenity in general or pornography in particular, and I thought the Republicans were a bunch of Right Wing Christians, now would they do that?
  • John Wa... Michael 2012/08/23 18:41:38
    John Walker II
    Only liberals drown it out? Please... Republican and Democrats both do it. Don't kid yourself. And would the republicans do that? Yes, if it meant getting Obama out of office.

The Republicans have people so fired up to get obama out of office that reason has fled right out the window. The Democrats have done the same to keep a hold of the people they do have.

In fact I can't think of a worst political season EVER then how this entire race turned out. It is nothing but shameful in my eyes on how the american public as a WHOLE reacted to this. No wonder I have a few of my friends overseas wondering if we're going to have a civil war...

Nobody is innocent here.

Just because it is the democratic convention does not mean no admittance for certain people. If they want him to speak, he'll speak. That's up to the party organizers/political overlords, not people like you or I.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Biden had asked and got his invite straight from the party chairperson.
  • umapathy Krishnamurthy 2012/08/22 17:11:12
    Radical Attack
    umapathy Krishnamurthy
  • Kevie 2012/08/22 16:52:31
    Ethical Democracy
    Kevie
    +2
    Good they can roast his ass lol
  • Larre Kevie 2012/08/22 22:55:39
    Larre
    +1
    I agree there. Republicans can tell him all about the political fascism that he has against Electronic Dance Music.
  • STEVE 2012/08/22 15:52:02 (edited)
    Radical Attack
    STEVE
    +1
    THE QUESTION IS, WILL HE WEAR PANTS OR NO PANTS? HEAD IN ASS
  • Drake 2012/08/22 15:35:52
  • Timbini 2012/08/22 15:30:48
    Ethical Democracy
    Timbini
    +1
    I like how you tie Biden and Obama to Saul Alinsky when no such connection actually exists. Your premise that Biden's campaign stop in Florida, a battle ground state in which both parties will be heavily campaigning, is somehow taken from Alinsky's book. The idea that Biden's presence in Tampa will somehow intimidate the Republican Party is laughable, unless you believe the GOP is a bunch of pussies. To call it intimidation on any level is ridiculous.
    Does it worry me? No. Long before I ever cast a vote in any election, protesters have been present at the conventions of both parties; it's part of the process. Republicans have sent surrogates to the Democrat National Conventions and Democrats have done likewise. But OMG! Biden is campaigning in Florida!
    Let me clue you in on some basics: if Biden is really going to be in the parking lot of the Republican National Convention (which sounds ridiculous on its face), it wouldn't be more than hour, maybe two. The convention is FOUR DAYS LONG!
    Do you really, truly believe anyone would be intimidated by an hour-long visit from Joe Biden? If your answer is "Yes," then you are either a liar or the most naive, impressionable preteen talking about politics.
  • Michaelene 2012/08/22 15:15:22
    Radical Attack
    Michaelene
    +2
    Distract, deflect, confuse, redicule and don't forget attack, attack, attack.

They need the attention, no one is going to their convention and no one can bear to listen to Obama speak, or preach, any longer.

The jester Biden will be in the parking lot? Is this a joke? Is MSNBC hosting this "event"?
  • schjaz 2012/08/22 15:14:20
    Radical Attack
    schjaz
    +2
    Sounds like something straight out of the Alinsky papers that Oblahblah taught in Chicago.
  • rocker1446 2012/08/22 14:47:33
    Radical Attack
    rocker1446
    +4
    I hope he does....then it will show, further, that the left is desperate.
  • schjaz rocker1446 2012/08/22 15:15:20
    schjaz
    +4
    Just bullies and, like you said, desperate.
  • Dave**Gay for Girls** 2012/08/22 14:41:33
  • shadow76 2012/08/22 14:38:43
    Radical Attack
    shadow76
    +1
    They up to something bad!
  • Thomas 45 2012/08/22 14:34:21
    Radical Attack
    Thomas 45
    +2
    What do you expect from the loonie left commies?
  • Daryl 2012/08/22 14:28:00
    Radical Attack
    Daryl
    +7
    To incite union violence.
  • unicorn... Daryl 2012/08/22 20:56:29
    unicorn_lady1
    +1
    I totally agree......

However... I expect there to be a false flag... "tea-party" incident. Fake tea partiers....... this is nothing more than a set up.
  • Rebel Yell 2012/08/22 13:57:35
    Radical Attack
    Rebel Yell
    Only two answer choices.

It appears the Dems have set up a "rapid response war room" steps from where Republicans are huddled ( Democratic National Committee announced).

Party officials said that DNC chairwoman Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida would play a key role in the effort, leading the rebuttal from the left as each GOP speaker takes the stage. While the RNC will focus on burnishing Romney's biography as a so-called Mr. Fix It, the DNC/OFA [Obama For America] response will be to highlight how his work in the private sector and as governor was a disaster for the middle class," the DNC said in a statement. ( Yahoo News)

We can expect the same from the Republicans when the Democratic Convention occurs. I have no problem with it; it adds some spark to some long winded speeches.
  • beachbum Rebel Yell 2012/08/22 15:54:59
    beachbum
    +1
    Schultz, being a rebuttal......will be great at this. Everyone knows she's a goofball, and is a talking point robot.
  • Seonag 2012/08/22 13:33:18
    Ethical Democracy
    Seonag
    +4
    Though in the past, the Parties respected each other during their conventions, those days are gone with the current administration and DNC leaders. They are in it to win regardless of what it takes. Sending Joe to Tampa is kind of lame though.
  • Michaelene Seonag 2012/08/22 15:21:20
    Michaelene
    +2
    I agree and try to tell people, these progressives are not democrats. They've merely taken over the party as evidenced by the dramatic loss of registered democrat voters.
  • Seonag Michaelene 2012/08/22 16:32:13
    Seonag
    +2
    Most of the people where I live are Democrats, have been all their life, and can trace their party affiliation back generations. They believe in the old Democratic values and are often referred to derogatorily by Progressive Democrats as Dixiecrats. They cringed at the thought of not voting for someone with a 'D' after his name in 2008. That has changed greatly, because most I've talked to will break 'family tradition' and vote for the 'R' this time!
  • Michaelene Seonag 2012/08/22 17:59:34
    Michaelene
    +2
    Same here, I was a "born and bred Dem" as is the majority of Philly, true blue state (Obama lost in the primary :)

A little dramatic, lol, but 2008 for me was like taking the red pill in the Matrix. Millions left the party and became independents and I see that trend is still rising, Thank God. Everyone must assure people it is OK for vote R for a change.

pill matrix
  • Seonag Michaelene 2012/08/23 11:57:34
    Seonag
    +2
    My mother's family was from Philly --- but the majority were Republicans and usually refrained from discussing politics. My father was from Wilkes-Barre --- and a die-hard Republican. My first real exposure to Democrats was at Temple during the 60s --- and they were the radical SDS type. Sort of scared me off, though I have voted Democrat in a couple of elections (no way could I or would I vote for Tricky Dicky!).
  • Michaelene Seonag 2012/08/23 12:06:02
    Michaelene
    +2
    Tehn you know, the dense populations of Philly and Pittsburgh are blue, the rest of the states population dosen't carry as much weight, mostly red in the middle or as one Clinton advisor said " all Alabama in the middle" or as Obama said the people who cling to their God and guns.
  • Michaelene Seonag 2012/08/23 12:06:55
    Michaelene
    +2
    Oh yeah, I forgot Temple, still that way.
  • Keeping It Real 2012/08/22 12:47:58
    Ethical Democracy
    Keeping It Real
    Great, now the Vice President can wipe out the lies by the Republiconteabaggers up close and personal!

2014/11/26 03:06:30