Joe Biden plagiarized Bobby Kennedy. Does integrity matter to liberals?

FanOreilly 2012/07/16 07:40:32
Yes integrity matters to liberals but only when doing negative research on Republicans
No integrity does not matter to liberals

• FanOreilly 2012/07/16 07:43:23
    FanOreilly
    +12
    Integrity does not matter to liberals. They care first and foremost about power.

This is why liberals lie, cheat and steal and have absolutely no shame in doing so.

clinton liar

• red 2012/07/19 19:28:15
    red
    +1
    Obama doesn't know how to tell the truth. I'm surprised he let Biden out of his cage, much less open his mouth.
  • Walter Harris 2012/07/18 18:50:47
    Walter Harris
    +2
    For the most part integrity doesn't matter for any politician.
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/07/18 16:28:59
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    What is that?
  • tommy 2012/07/17 02:20:33
    tommy
    +2
    Doubt it lol , hello leigh muahhhh xoxoxo love you baby.
  • ♥dreame... tommy 2012/07/17 22:53:46
    ♥dreamer-leigh♥
    +1
    Hello baby
  • Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/07/17 00:09:37
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    The words 'integrity' and 'liberals' are such mutually exclusive concepts and light years from one another they shouldn't even be used in the same sentence
  • 4dc 2012/07/17 00:01:36
    Yes integrity matters to liberals but only when doing negative research on Re...
    4dc
    +1
    l.o.s.e.r.
    +2
    Not an Effen Bit,
  • Snowball 2012/07/16 22:17:25
    Snowball
    +1
    Look at what they did to Hillary during the '08 primary------>. "Hillary MEANT to demean MLK Jr.'s work! Her comment about speeches being more effective in getting Congress to work together vs. experience was code for racist views". (my paraphrasing)- and I'm a democrat! Fiscal dem!
  • ♥dreamer-leigh♥ 2012/07/16 22:00:39
    ♥dreamer-leigh♥
    +1
    No it does not matter to them
  • Irish little 2012/07/16 21:06:29
    Irish little
    +2
    They hate the word itself, like BO hates a buget. No oversigt or restrictions.
  • Don 2012/07/16 17:17:05
    Don
    +1
    It's not the first time for "the smartest man in the world" to rip off somebody else's words.

Kinnock controversyMajor controversy beset Biden's candidacy, beginning on September 12, 1987 with high-profile articles in The New York Times and The Des Moines Register.[19] Biden was accused of plagiarizing a speech by Neil Kinnock, then-leader of the British Labour Party.[20] Kinnock’s speech included the lines:

“ Why am I the first Kinnock in a thousand generations to be able to get to university? [Then pointing to his wife in the audience] Why is Glenys the first woman in her family in a thousand generations to be able to get to university? Was it because all our predecessors were thick?

While Biden’s speech included the lines:

“ I started thinking as I was coming over here, why is it that Joe Biden is the first in his family ever to go to a university? [Then pointing to his wife in the audience] Why is it that my wife who is sitting out there in the audience is the first in her family to ever go to college? Is it because our fathers and mothers were not bright? Is it because I'm the first Biden in a thousand generations to get a college and a graduate degree that I was smarter than the rest?

Though Biden had cited Kinnock as the source for the formulation many time...

Though Biden had cited Kinnock as the source for the formulation many times before, he made no reference to the original source at the August 23 Democratic debate at the Iowa State Fair being reported on[21] or in another appearance.[22] While political speeches often appropriated ideas and language from each other, Biden's use came under more scrutiny because he somewhat distorted his own family's background in order to match Kinnock's.[15][22]

Following the Kinnock attention, reports came from the San Jose Mercury News of Biden reusing without credit pieces of speeches from Hubert H. Humphrey and Robert F. Kennedy.[23] In the Kennedy case – which got the greater attention, since there was film footage of both versions that television news programs could play side-by-side – Pat Caddell stated that the reuse without credit was his own fault, and that he had never informed Biden of the source of the material.[23]

After Biden withdrew from the race, it was learned that he had indeed correctly credited Kinnock on other occasions. But in the Iowa speech that was recorded and distributed to reporters (with a parallel video of Kinnock) by aides to Michael Dukakis, the eventual nominee, he failed to do so. Dukakis, who disowned any knowledge of the Kinnock video, fired John Sasso, his campaign manager and long-time Chief of Staff, but Biden's campaign could not recover.[15][24][25]
  • RayG 2012/07/16 17:16:57
    RayG
    +1
    Joe Biden's last original thought was: what time is the last train home? Any other thought he's voiced has been goofy and dumb
  • frank 2012/07/16 16:48:42
    frank
    +1
    Come on now, how can you put integrity and liberal in the same sentence. That would be an oxymoron.
  • zbacku 2012/07/16 16:17:05
    zbacku
    +1
    Liberal - Integrity. Oxymoron and the key word is moron in the case of Biden. oxymoron
  • Swampdog PWCM 2012/07/16 16:06:55
    Swampdog PWCM
    +2
    Integrity matter? Are you serious?
  • Bob S 2012/07/16 15:59:26
    Bob S
    +4
    Integrity never matters to any democrat, well maybe a few. The likes of Obama, Reid, Wasserface whoever and Pelosi. Now who thinks any of these fast talkers speak any truth.
  • derek 2012/07/16 15:43:37
    derek
    +6
    The words Integrity and Liberal definitely don't go together. Kinda falls into the oxymoron catagory like "Great liberal thinker" .
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2012/07/16 15:32:11
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +5
    It only called on Republicians Remember Double standards Dems get a pass media is lefties !!!!!~
  • mac9 2012/07/16 14:54:20
    mac9
    +5
    Not to OBAMA/BIDEN......Defeat Obama 2012
  • wale63 2012/07/16 14:33:47
    wale63
    +5
    How else can you explain their continuing fascination with Hillary Clinton?
  • Drummerboy 2012/07/16 14:28:28
  • mikeyavelli 2012/07/16 14:26:45
    mikeyavelli
    +2
    liberalism is sold on its goodness, its concern for widows and orphans and firemen and cops and teachers. how can you not love a fireman? or an orphan? or a stray mutt? they appeal to the emotion to get the money. hey! the earth is warming! quick! send money to obama to stop it!
    that's liberalism.
  • Diane S... mikeyav... 2012/07/16 15:33:36
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +2
    OP other peoples money !!!!!
  • Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/16 14:01:31
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    Destroying America is Barry's intention. Biden is the failsafe of his plan.

biden
  • Bob, the reasonable one 2012/07/16 13:50:06
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +4
    Biden has lied about his resume, his "scholarships", his grades, he plagarized British labor leader as well, he's been wrong on every major foreign policy decision for over 20 years, his description of Obama during the primaries would have been a career ender for any Republican/Conservative politician (the press would have devoured them) but the press handled it with kid gloves
  • Bob S Bob, th... 2012/07/16 15:57:13 (edited)
    Bob S
    +3
    Liberals love it but if they find anything on a Rep they are hysterical. Come to think of it much of what they write and say is hysterical.
  • ģhøṡτ øώl 2012/07/16 13:44:06
    ģhøṡτ øώl
    +2
    "Don't question our methods. Look at the size of our hearts."
  • mwg0735 2012/07/16 13:33:07
  • MandaLynne 2012/07/16 13:19:59
    MandaLynne
    +2
    I wish there were an "other" option.

I have known many liberals with integrity. I see many politicians who are liberals who have no integrity.

I don't like to categorize an entire group of people by the bad actions and behavior of a few.
  • zbacku MandaLynne 2012/07/16 16:19:51 (edited)
    zbacku
    +2
    You are talking about a group that has the motto: The Ends Justifies The Means.
  • MandaLynne zbacku 2012/07/16 16:23:22
    MandaLynne
    +1
    That is not an official motto of liberals or Democrats.

I am as hard core conservative as they come, but I believe in being fair. I always qualify my statements about groups of people with "extremists" or "certain sects" and the like.

My BFF of 30 years is a liberal and Obama supporter. He is also one of the most honorable and caring people I know. He has more integrity in his little finger than most people have in their whole being.
  • zbacku MandaLynne 2012/07/16 16:31:53
    zbacku
    +1
    I applaud your friend, however I have not seen a bit of Integrity in the political world of Liberals.
  • MandaLynne zbacku 2012/07/16 16:39:18
    MandaLynne
    +1
    Joe Lieberman isn't so bad.
  • zbacku MandaLynne 2012/07/16 16:42:11
    zbacku
    +1
    That's because he is a closet Independent.
  • Gordon 2012/07/16 13:09:21
    Gordon
    +3
    Most of the liberals I've known are not very honest about reality, or about taking from working people to give to others.
  • D D 2012/07/16 13:04:57
    D D
    +4
    Integrity means nothing to liberals.

btyu
  • Jean 2012/07/16 12:41:58
    Jean
    +3
    That's one of those "old fashioned" values that "bitter clingers" hold on to.
  • Southern Man 2012/07/16 12:25:11
    Southern Man
    +5
    NO !! Not now Not ever !!!
  • Christopher Kirchen 2012/07/16 12:21:59
    Christopher Kirchen
    +4
    It would seem not.

2014/07/28 00:58:47