Jesus Is A Liberal Democrat

JaguarSocialist 2012/04/02 01:18:13
Related Topics: Democrat, Jesus, Liberal

Read More: http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-vi...

• DefendnProtect 2012/04/02 11:27:10
    DefendnProtect
    Jesus was against big government spending and totalitarian authoritarian gov control. Rather has people and communities to take care of each other themselves.
  • JaguarS... Defendn... 2012/04/02 23:22:26
    JaguarSocialist
    +1
    Prove it?
  • Defendn... JaguarS... 2012/04/02 23:44:59
    DefendnProtect
    Jesus instructed to give your money directly to the poor, not to give it to the government so that they might distribute it in a corrupt manner (welfare).
  • JaguarS... Defendn... 2012/04/03 00:33:14 (edited)
    JaguarSocialist
    Nice try but you're another conservative failure. Modern conservatism, and for that matter conservatism in general, is a monumental failure.

The fact remains that, in a country of 300 million, the best methods for taking care of the poor are government programs that target specific needy groups. If we can give billions of dollars in tax breaks/subsidies to the wealthy and corporations then we can give it to the poor.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. John F. Kennedy
  • Defendn... JaguarS... 2012/04/03 00:57:39
    DefendnProtect
    I like Kennedy. I don´t like trillions to the money elites. The fact that it goes to the money elites must be a warning that central government is utterly utterly corrupt.
    I´m sure you´re not naive enough to trust such a government with any more handouts to the rich like Obamacare.
  • JaguarS... Defendn... 2012/04/03 01:05:29
    JaguarSocialist
    +1
    Actually, I support a single payer universal health system that will give all Americans adequate health care. We must also institute paid maternity leave for both mothers and fathers as well as excellent prenatal care for all women who in child-bearing years. It makes great sense to ensure Americans are healthy and have access to preventative health care. This is just basic common economic sense. A healthy workforce, for example, is a benefit to employers and no doubt increases productivity. As a society, we can choose to waste trillions of dollars on weapons of mass destruction or we can invest in people. I prefer the ladder and we must address income inequality in the United States and, for that matter, the rest of the world. A huge disparity between rich and poor leads to social unrest and more inequality.
  • Defendn... JaguarS... 2012/04/03 09:09:59
    DefendnProtect
    ´we must address income inequality in the United States and, for that matter, the rest of the world. A huge disparity between rich and poor leads to social unrest and more inequality.´

Agree with many of your points and certainly your intention.

´As a society, we can choose to waste trillions of dollars on weapons of mass destruction or we can invest in people.´
    I also think it´s ridiculous to waste Trillions on weapons against non existent enemies.

In my view federal levels are corrupt to the core and beyond repair.
    My question to you is how to get money and power back to communities and people without a total corrupt central government?

Here´s the ´hidden´ tax on the poor and middle class...

Last ten years real inflation was about 50%. Essentially cutting purchasing power of all (now and future promised) social contracts, salaries, savings, pension funds in half. Evaporating purchasing demand from poor and middle class communities, killing small business and jobs.

Both Obama and Romney will have more of it for the banks.

Americans should lift the curtain.
  • Trish 2012/04/02 02:06:12
    Trish
    +1
    OH WOW. Im not sure if this is a joke or just ignorance all together.
  • Matt 2012/04/02 02:05:55 (edited)
  • Cthulhu 2012/04/02 01:59:43 (edited)
    Cthulhu
    Biblical Jesus was an old time progressive liberal but people like God in their own image.

Brain Washing ( Jesus Camp ''Highlights'' )

• JaguarS... Cthulhu 2012/04/02 02:01:06
    JaguarSocialist
    +2
    Sometime ago, I saw the Jesus Camp video; it's a classic example of brainwashing.
  • Cthulhu JaguarS... 2012/04/02 02:12:38 (edited)
    Cthulhu
    I was listening to the radio and they said something about evangelical churches (like Jesus Camp) having the right to gather, teach and proselytize in your neighborhood school now because of some recent Supreme Court decision.

We live in interesting times.
  • JaguarS... Cthulhu 2012/04/02 02:14:34
    JaguarSocialist
    I agree with your last comment.
  • Cthulhu JaguarS... 2012/04/02 02:23:51
    Cthulhu
    +1
    Religious right wing extremism based primarily on the Old Testament portion of the Bible as opposed to the New Testament and Jesus has chased normal people away from church and towards Atheism, Buddhism, Paganism.

Those people in the Jesus Camp video mine as well be practicing voodoo for all intents and purposes.
  • JaguarS... Cthulhu 2012/04/02 02:25:28
    JaguarSocialist
    +1
    I agree; fundamentalism in any religion is dangerous.
  • Cthulhu JaguarS... 2012/04/02 02:28:49
    Cthulhu
    Misleading too because what they are teaching is not fundamental.
  • JaguarS... Cthulhu 2012/04/02 02:37:42
    JaguarSocialist
    +1
    I agree; fundamentalist Christians don't seem to understand even the most fundamental of Jesus' teachings.
  • James 2012/04/02 01:54:53
    James
    +2
    Jesus told me he is voting Libertarian........
  • JaguarS... James 2012/04/02 01:58:12 (edited)
    JaguarSocialist
    +1
    Jesus certainly wasn't a libertarian because he didn't support anarchy.
  • James JaguarS... 2012/04/02 02:01:16
    James
    +2
    Since when did they support anarchy? Man, everyone is doubting your ability to interpret the Bible and now people are going to start doubting your abilities to understand political parties!
  • JaguarS... James 2012/04/02 02:05:22
    JaguarSocialist
    +2
    Libertarians are completely irresponsible people who basically support anarchy and Social Darwinism and, in the case of Ron Paul and more than a few of his followers, white supremacy.
  • James JaguarS... 2012/04/02 02:06:50
    James
    +1
    Uh huh...and you believe that too right? If I told you that Barack Obama has a pet unicorn in the back of the White House for his two daughters, would you believe me?
  • JaguarS... James 2012/04/02 02:15:06
  • James JaguarS... 2012/04/02 02:21:30
    James
    +1
    You never answered my question.
  • JaguarS... James 2012/04/02 02:23:12
    JaguarSocialist
    +1
    I don't tend to answer asinine, pathetically lame questions from irresponsible libertarians. You ignored Ron Paul's racism.
  • James JaguarS... 2012/04/02 02:24:49
    James
    +1
    I'm not talking about Ron Paul. I'm talking about the Libertarian Party. Come on genius. Tell me all you know here. We are all dying to revel in your intellectual capacity here.....
  • JaguarS... James 2012/04/02 02:31:14 (edited)
    JaguarSocialist
    +1
    What I find amusing is people like you who post their mythical incomes on their profiles, and post images of guns.

Libertarianism is completely responsible and, basically, its policies basically benefit the wealthiest one percent and says to the rest of society "to hell with you." It's a modern-day example of Social Darwinism that promotes laissez-faire for the poor and the working class but, as I mentioned, primarily benefits the wealthiest Americans. Libertarianism can't actually work in the real world, and it seems to be typically embraced by extremely self-centered individuals. Besides, today, Libertarians appear to support policies associated with the current Repubdungbagger Party.

Your reference to the Second Amendment, in the form of a picture involving a gun, brings to mind one of the people I'd most like to meet. His name is Dr. Charles M. Noodick. Dr. Noodick is most famous for his research related to firearms and conservatives.

In 1975, Dr. Noodick, using a grant funded by a private foundation and the National Institutes of Health, assembled to team of 120 researchers to survey 60,000 conservative gun owners across the United States. The research methodology included printed surveys and telephone interviews conducted from 1975 to 1985.

The survey questionna...

The survey questionnaire and telephone interview included questions regarding gender, age, income ranges, and physiological questions. Of the 60,000 participants, one-half agreed to a thorough physiological and psychological examination. These were conducted over a period of several years.

In late 1985, Dr. Noodick's research team completed the last examinations that involved follow-up questionnaires for research participants. The final report of the research team was completed in early 1987.

Among many interesting conclusions reached via Dr. Noodick's research, the most revealing was the average conservative male who owns weapons was ten times more likely to be physically and verbally abused as a child primarily by an overbearing father. Based on physiological examinations, conservative male gun owners had, in general terms, a penis several times smaller than the average American male. As the number of guns possessed increased, the penis size became smaller.

Dr. Noodick stated, in a 1990 interview, that generally speaking conservative males possessing multiple weapons also suffered from severe penile inadequacies including an inability to satisfy sexual partners.

Dr. Noodick surmised that multiple gun ownership provides, in a small measure, conservative males with a sense of the male adequacy they lack and while the gun can go off, they can't!

See: www.gunsandtinypenisconservat...
  • James JaguarS... 2012/04/02 02:36:12
  • JaguarS... James 2012/04/02 02:38:49 (edited)
    JaguarSocialist
    Jesus, Mary and the temple priest who shagged her.

Your post just proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that's you're dumber than a bag of hair.
  • James JaguarS... 2012/04/02 02:42:39
    James
    +1
    Says you. Now go back to your corner....
  • JaguarS... James 2012/04/02 02:45:23
    JaguarSocialist
    Your response, above, is so hilarious I'm posting it to all my SH friends so they'll have the opportunity to see how brainless certain Libertarians truly are.
  • James JaguarS... 2012/04/02 02:46:36 (edited)
    James
    Go ahead for all I care. It just shows you can't formulate a coherent argument all on your own. You're what, 59? I'm half your age and I just schooled you....
  • JaguarS... James 2012/04/02 02:47:29
    JaguarSocialist
    +1
    If you had an ounce of rational thinking, you'd know the exact opposite is true.
  • James JaguarS... 2012/04/02 02:50:06
    James
    What, that I should pay the government to wipe my ass for me whenever I use the washroom?
  • JaguarS... James 2012/04/02 02:50:48
    JaguarSocialist
    +1
    You're a riot; you still don't know why you look so foolish.
  • James JaguarS... 2012/04/02 02:52:55
    James
    Well then educate me on why having the government wipe my ass for me when I need to use the washroom is a good thing then.
  • JaguarS... James 2012/04/02 02:53:50 (edited)
    JaguarSocialist
    +1
    You're a riot; you still don't get it.

You're already a socialist.
  • James JaguarS... 2012/04/02 02:54:51
    James
    How am I a socialist?
  • JaguarS... James 2012/04/02 03:00:11 (edited)
    JaguarSocialist
    If you drive on an interstate highway, you're a socialist because it's supported by taxpayer dollars.

If you purchase any type of prescription medication, it was approved by a government agency financed by taxpayer dollars.

If you use national parks, you're a socialist and taking advantage of taxpayer funded environments.

Virtually every single American is, in one form or another a socialist.

Your employer receive tax breaks that are financed by taxpayers; that means you're working for a socialist employer.

If you use an employer-financed gym plan or employer-provided gym, you're a socialist since all employees pay for that benefit.

If you use a cell phone, you're a socialist since the infrastructure to support cell phone usage is paid by all taxpayers.

If you have a home mortgage and use the interest deduction, you're a socialist since all taxpayers have to pick up the tab for your usage of what amounts to a government subsidy. It's a subsidy because you don't pay mortgage interest to the government.
  • James JaguarS... 2012/04/02 03:07:10
    James
    1. Interstate highways are accorded by the Commerce clause and therefore removes any "socialist" element from it.

2. What if you purchase your prescription medicine with cash? I have an HSA account. What there?

3. I have no need to visit a national park. I own an old tree farm in Wisconsin that I manage personally. People can visit and enjoy nature as they please for a fee. Just like many state parks around here do.

4. Prove it

5. Am I a socialist if I'm one who doesn't support tax breaks?

6. I am the employer. Whatever employees do on their own time is their business.

7. Again, this is another tax subsidy. Any entity that cannot stand on its own two feet shouldn't stand at all.

8. I may have a mortgage interest deduction but I would do just fine without it. Go ahead. Get rid of it. I really don't need it.

I can do this all day. Anything else?

2014/10/22 08:07:43