Jay Carney speaking for Obama says the Muslim Brotherhood's election victory in Egypt's "a milestone in Egypt's transition to democracy after decades of authoritarian rule under Mubarak." Do you agree with Obama that Sharia Law is democracy?

tncdel 2012/06/25 02:16:32

NO, I don't agree with Obama [comment as you wish].
    +10
    Sharia law and radical muslims are not synonymous with democracy!

• Claybern 2012/06/26 18:02:45
    Claybern
    Sharia law is not US law, therefore it is not democracy.
  • Bob, the reasonable one 2012/06/25 21:25:00
    Bob, the reasonable one
    this is the beginning of the end of democracy...The brotherhood is the antithesis of democracy....just wait for the slide to sharia law and the rise of theocracy.....they stepped deep into the bog....the Muslims have an inherent ability to make things worse for themselves..they seemed to be programmed inutero to fail as a people and as nations
  • Freeranger 2012/06/25 20:54:15
    Freeranger
    Well.....that should tip ya to a couple things huh? Not only are they ignorant as to what is about to befall Egypt in electing this stupid toad, that they also think that Egypt will now be better off under Sharia Law and that we'll embrace them should be sending American voters to the voting booths in droves to vote him out.
    How blissfully ignorant of them.
    The stupidity that comes out of the Obama White House never fails to amaze me.
  • frank 2012/06/25 16:16:02
    frank
    If you believe Jay Carney when he talks I would sure like to sell you some real good farmland in the Florida swamps.
  • cm 2012/06/25 15:03:14
    cm
    +4
    The propaganda minister is an idiot
  • frank cm 2012/06/25 16:19:19
    frank
    +1
    Not really, the real idiots are the ones that believe him.
  • cm frank 2012/06/25 20:28:07
    cm
    Touché
  • miller51550 2012/06/25 14:43:57
    miller51550
    +5
    Obama continues to INSULT the United States and the World by his support of the Muslim Brotherhood.

This is a PRIME REASON he must be defeated in 2012!

What the LSM failed to report is that Obama LED the NATO forces in both Libya and Egypt to overthrow the Dictators there.

It now appears that this was JUST SO that the Muslim Brotherhood could take over these two countries. In Egypt he 'threatened' to remove all foreign aid IF they did not support the Muslim Brotherhood leader. .. same goes for Libya?

The USA literally paid for the NATO forces logistical use in both wars. And without Congressional Approval... he had Seals, Ranges and Special Force people on the ground as 'observers, trainers, and warriors."

He has now placed Muslim Brotherhood members on his WH staff and just recently brought a confirmed MUSLIM TERRORIST into the White House outside of proper channels. (Did he have a VISA to get into the US?)
  • words t... miller5... 2012/06/25 16:08:13 (edited)
    words to live by
    A leading Muslim Brothehood figure Saleh claimed Sharia would protect Muslims and non-Muslims alike. In 2011 President Obama pledged $1 billion dollars to Egypt as well as the cancellation of an additional $1 billion in Egyptian debt in his bid to democratize the Middle East and advance American values in the region. The United States Central Intelligence Acency has classified the Muslim Brotherhood as circular organization. CAIR has offices in the White House..
  • miller5... words t... 2012/07/01 19:26:16
    miller51550
    +1
    Obama and his MINIONS have supported, funded and done everything they can to bring the Muslim Brotherhood into power in the Middle East.

He has members in the WH.. and HOLDER AND HIS CORRUPT DOJ.. turn their backs on all CRIMES MY RADICAL MUSLIMS here in the United States.
  • Bob S 2012/06/25 14:26:24
    Bob S
    +3
    It isn't the first thing that many of us disagree with Obama on. I'm confident it won't be the last. As we await the Supreme Court decision on Obamacare and Arizona Immigation it reminds us that the uniter has been one major divider. As for the happenings in Egypt..it is much much to early to determine if it will be bad or good for America. Right now most are keeping their fingers crossed and their options open.
  • tncdel Bob S 2012/06/25 14:31:14
    tncdel
    +4
    Islam is Islam, so it will be what it has always been since the pedophile robber baron invented it to control others.
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/25 11:52:40
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +6
    No, I don't agree with the muslim in the WH.
  • kmay 2012/06/25 11:30:06
    kmay
    +7
    Still a puppet with a teleprompter!
  • Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2012/06/25 09:33:17
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +7
    Muslim Brotherhood taking over Egypt's presidency is bad news for the world. Thanks for NOTHING Obama. No wonder Russia and China are so pissed at him right now. He's doing the same thing in Syria right now that he did in Libya and Egypt.
  • words to live by 2012/06/25 09:23:34
    words to live by
    +6
    What is so good about this??? The Muslim Brotherhood will impose Islamic Sharia law in Egypt. A leading Muslim Brothehood figure Saleh claimed Sharia would protect Muslims and non-Muslims alike. President Obama has pledged $1 billion dollars to Egypt as well as the cancellation of an additional $1 billion in Egyptian debt in his bid to democratize the Middle East and advance American values in the region , The United States Central Intelligence Acency had classified the Muslim Brotherhood as circular organization. Yeah right!
  • TuringsChild 2012/06/25 06:34:41
    TuringsChild
    +6
    What a joke. Muslim nations can never become democracies. They don't have the mindset for them. We're only fooling ourselves when we believe otherwise.
  • cddjmikey 2012/06/25 04:51:41
    cddjmikey
    +7
    I say we get all the women out of there since they have no value in their eyes. In about 15 to 20 years we won't have a problem with that country because they will all be old and decrepit.
  • Maj. C. D. Hardy 2012/06/25 04:27:15
    Maj. C. D. Hardy
    +7
    I bet Obama probably believes Sharia Law is the basis of democracy though.
  • Annie~P... Maj. C.... 2012/06/25 09:34:39
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +5
    Obama gave Kenya our hard earned tax money to help them rewrite their constitution instituting Sharia law.
  • words t... Annie~P... 2012/06/25 15:34:58
    words to live by
    The United States Central Intelligence Agency had classified the Muslim Brotherhood as circular organization. The (CAIR) is in the White House making decisions about America's future now. Sometime in July 2011 U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton initiated overtures to the same Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt that in 2007 told journalist Christine Amanpour it fully expects to institute Islamic Sharia law word wide someday. Don't think this Hamas-linked Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) has been very busy in this administration laying the ground work lobbying for free-speech restrictions to stem what it claims is a growing Islamophobic in America. I'm going back to 2010..Oklahoma voted to forbid state courts from using Sharia law. CAIR won a permanent injunction to nullify the vote.

Note worthy...The prophet Jeremiah warned about those who say, 'Peace, peace!' when there is no peace' (Jeremiah 6:14 KJV)
  • Schläue~© 2012/06/25 04:18:00
    Schläue~©
    +7
    I'm quite sure the definition of Democracy doesn't include mutilation, maiming, molestation, murder and mayhem.
  • Annie~P... Schläue~© 2012/06/25 09:35:07
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +6
    Democracy to Obama means Sharia rule.
  • Cognito22 2012/06/25 04:07:45
    Cognito22
    +4
    Well, at least The White House knows where to start sending the billions of dollars to start bribing another world leader.
  • Space Invader 2012/06/25 03:41:40
    Space Invader
    +7
    this is a dangerous time for the Middle East; but more for Israel
  • Bob S Space I... 2012/06/25 14:28:41
    Bob S
    +3
    If Eygpt ever forms a bigger alliance with Iran, Syria and Russia we will all be in for a very bumpy ride. Israel has more than cause and concern for their position right now.
  • tncdel Bob S 2012/06/25 14:33:49
    tncdel
    +2
    I have confidence in Israel that they will defend themselves more than adequately.
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/06/25 03:33:48
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +6
    Is that the "mostly secular" Muslim Brotherhood? They could spin anything, this is Iran all over again.
  • KilrQueen 2012/06/25 02:58:29
    KilrQueen
    +9
    You would have to be insane to even think that Sharia Law is remotely like democracy.
    +9
    Not good at all .. especially if one is FEMALE ..
    +10
  • Bob S wtw 2012/06/25 14:29:14
    Bob S
    +4
    maybe Obama thinks differently.
  • Rich Matarese 2012/06/25 02:49:15
    Rich Matarese
    +8
    The trouble is that democracy is simply majoritarian tyranny. In the absolute sense, it's 51 out of 100 people deciding to proscribe, loot, enslave, kill and eat the other 49.

That's not society. It's a battleground.

Sharia is not a system of law devised to protect individual human rights, but rather a system of government created for no purpose other than to impose "the will of God" upon everybody in the community whether they believe in that particular "God" or not.

Such majoritarian tyrannies tend to last only until the minority can get its act together, whereupon one morning the dominant majority wakes up to find their throats cut.

And good riddance to them.
  • Stryder 2012/06/25 02:46:26 (edited)
    Stryder
    +9
    It doesn't surprise me that Carney would say something like that because he's a delusional idiot. The Egyptians think they had it bad under Mubarak? Wait til the MB implements shariah law and the public executions begin. They won't know what hit them.
  • Don Leuty 2012/06/25 02:37:29
    Don Leuty
    +6
    Can't believe he could say that with a straight face. Ignorance must truly be bliss.
  • tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA 2012/06/25 02:34:19
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +9
    Just going by the history of the Muslim Brotherhood.

This will end badly. Especially for the women and children of Egypt..
  • Annie~P... tommyg ... 2012/06/25 09:37:23
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +5
    This is gonna be bad for the women and children of Egypt, for the Christians also. They will be the first ones slaughtered.
  • tommyg ... Annie~P... 2012/06/25 16:02:24
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +1
    Agreed.
  • lark 2012/06/25 02:25:00
    lark
    +7
    Obama would love to have Sharia law in our country because the man is a muslim Don't want the law & don't want the man

2014/10/30 18:21:57