Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the '100 Women of the Century.' BY BARBRA WALTERS Do you believe Ms.Fonda should receive this honor?

missnoee 2008/04/14 02:36:24
Unfortunately, many have forgotten and still countless others have never known how Ms.Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country, but specific men who served and sacrificed during Vietnam.
Lest we forget...' 100 Years of Great Women' should never include a traitor whose hands are covered with the blood of so many patriots.

• Elle (Always for McCain) 2008/04/14 05:26:45
    Elle (Always for McCain)
    +14
    That is sick and wrong, she caused many soldiers their lives because she refused to tell the truth when she got home. She should be nominated for one of the most vile women in American history.

• shellbhawaii 2009/12/30 17:45:20
    shellbhawaii
    +3
    There have been many heartfelt accounts shared in responses to this survey, and those alone should help those who don't remember this period of history to conclude Jane Fonda is not worthy of this honor. For anyone who has first or second hand knowledge of the events, the answer is obvious. Though I've always thought of B. Walters as a bit of a buffoon, this confirms it. I can't imagine what she was thinking!! Disappointing. Disgusting. Disastrous reflection on her judgment. If any good can come of this, it will be that Jane is once again brought before the public to endure shame and humiliation for her actions. One can only hope.
  • DRAGON 2009/01/21 02:15:57
    DRAGON
    +1
    It would be a very sad day that hanio Jane Fonda would be called one of the 100 women of the century. For this would be a slap in the face to all the men & women who ever have or ever will serve in the UNITED STATES MILITARY. I am from the old school and in my way of thinking she should have be shot for treason. I know many people may think me to be very cold and harsh, but ask the family's of those who died because of her actions. at the very least she should be striped of her citizenship in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. I HOPE GOD HAS NO MERCY ON HER SOLE.
  • missnoee DRAGON 2009/01/21 03:09:53
    missnoee
    I agree..........except all deserve mercy with true repentence..........imo. Except Hitler.
  • Anne 2009/01/02 04:09:37
    Anne
    +1
    Jane Fonda was and remains a traitor to her country for her betrayal to the American soldiers that were paraded in front of her in Vietnam. It is sinful. To think that Barbra Walters could so honor her does away with any credibility or respect I might have ever had for Ms. Walters. If it was a special on notorious women that would be different, but great women? I think not. Ms. Fonda will eventually have to answer to her God and hopefully Ms. Walters will have to answer to the public.
  • missnoee Anne 2009/01/02 14:43:52
    missnoee
    Nah ! It's going to be swept under the rug like so many other things that are wrong. I do wish there was some way to protest about this though. B.Walters doesn't have my respect anymore, not that it makes any difference to her.
  • Smokey 2008/12/21 15:25:33
    Smokey
    +1
    My dad fought in Vietnam, and that picture she made with those fricken Vietcong Commies made me sick to my stomach. And, the comments she made about our Government while she was over there!!! She should have never been allowed to return. I'm really disappointed in Ms. Walters because she's a way better reporter than that. She should know about the wounds Ms. Fonda has left in the millions of those that served in our Armed Forces HONORABLY.
  • missnoee Smokey 2009/01/02 14:41:33
    missnoee
    Maybe Walters is getting dementia ! I can't believe Fonda actually accepted it. I would have been to ashamed to show my face !
  • uthie 2008/12/20 05:46:19
    uthie
    +1
    What is wrong with Barbar Walters. Is she a traitor as well? Both women should be ashame of themselves and reside in another country. Jane Fonda does not deserve to be honored. Wake up America!
  • missnoee uthie 2008/12/21 15:20:33
    missnoee
    I can't believe it actually went through !
  • babs 2008/09/13 13:02:06
    babs
    +1
    Jane Fonda is a traitor. My husband, a Vietnam Vet, died in '05 from brain cancer as a result of agent orange. A Veterans Home dedicated to him. He was a wonderful man who gave tirelessly of himself to make the world better. He rarely spoke ill of anyone but Jane Fonda was banned from our house and he because very upset if anyone even mentioned her name.
  • missnoee babs 2008/12/21 15:22:19
    missnoee
    I am so sorry about your husband. He does sound like he was a fine man. I don't understand how she could get that award! It's shameful!
  • Jerry 2008/09/06 20:38:09
    Jerry
    +1
    She sided with the enemy in a time of war,she has no honor. Men were either already soldiers or drafted without a choice. They were given orders to fight the enemy and try and defeat them. They should not have been judged by her or anyone else for there actions. Soldiers take orders that is there job,she should have been judging the polititions of her time,if anybody.
  • barbe 2008/09/01 00:07:51
    barbe
    +1
    sorry she did the most unforgettable act to mankind and womanhood. I am ashamed of her. And one cannot let youth be the scape goat ; she is a traitor using her celebrityhood and family name for one moment of fame that will last her life time. I will not forget as I am a wife of a Marine who served in Viet Nam.
  • Kat 2008/08/27 00:38:23
    Kat
    +1
    Fonda A traitor and Ted Kennedy a man slaughterer. Shame on the Dem's.
    No wonder our younger generations are confused.
  • Tony 2008/08/22 12:16:36
    Tony
    +1
    Incredibly surprising that she was never charged with treason considering the times, has the statute of limitations expired yet? Is it too late to draw up charges?
  • Becky 2008/08/05 19:10:27
    Becky
    +1
    She betrayed her own country and helped kill three men because of her traitorship. She should be deported and not allowed to live in the USA. She brings disgrace to our country. All should know what she is - A TRAITOR!.
  • missnoee Becky 2008/12/21 15:24:15
    missnoee
    Exactly ! To give her any kind of honor is a betrayal to our servicemen.
  • Flash Gordon 2008/06/07 21:00:46
    Flash Gordon
    +1
    HELL NO !!! I would like to see her shot, Hung, beheaded, and then kill her. Dam, can't do all that ! But I would like to see her die in any form you would like, as long as she was killed in my sight. I am, as you can see, a Vietnam vet. With all my heart can feel, I say truly, DAM Jane Fonda !!!!
  • sheila 2008/05/09 13:58:32
    sheila
    +2
    I can't add anymore as everyone has said it all. Just plain and simple NO.
  • deano 2008/05/09 01:28:19
    deano
    +1
    They sould give it to one of our millitary women.
  • missnoee deano 2008/06/03 13:39:57
    missnoee
    Hey that is a Great thought deano !
  • deano missnoee 2008/06/04 02:44:15
    deano
    thanks
  • Kanaka Rican - Now's the ti... 2008/05/05 15:50:47
    Kanaka Rican - Now's the time for ACTION
    +1
    Barbara is not who I thought she was either....look at who she chose for the #1 Top 10 most fascinating person....Hugo Chavez....of course she is going to choose Jane Fonda......the poster child of anti-patriotism....this country needs an enema!
  • K man 2008/05/01 13:36:25
    K man
    +1
    For what?

Her brilliant singing career? (Did you ever hear “These boots are made for Walkin’”? It’s easily one of the worst songs and performances ever.

Her acting career? She did OK – but there are 100’s that were better and more deserving of recognition.

How about for consorting with the enemy in Vietnam? Here’s a picture of Hanoi Jane seated on a Vietcong anti-aircraft gun. The shells at her feet are readied to shoot down US pilots.

It’s a wonder she didn’t take a shot or two – just for fun.

And, after visiting American POW, she stated on her return: When cases of torture began to emerge among POWs returning to the United States, Fonda called the returning POWs "hypocrites and liars."[14] She added, "These were not men who had been tortured. These were not men who had been starved. These were not men who had been brainwashed." On the subject of torture in general, Fonda told The New York Times in 1973, "I'm quite sure that there were incidents of torture... but the pilots who were saying it was the policy of the Vietnamese and that it was systematic, I believe that's a lie."

Jane Fonda is a treasonous traitor and should have been charged, tried, convicted, and jailed for aiding and abetting the Communists who we were at war with, and for causing pain and anguish to ou...
    For what?

Jane Fonda is a treasonous traitor and should have been charged, tried, convicted, and jailed for aiding and abetting the Communists who we were at war with, and for causing pain and anguish to our military men.
  • missnoee K man 2008/06/03 13:43:21
    missnoee
    I totally agree k-man. Only one thing.......Jane Fonda sang the boot song? I thought that was Cher ! Am I wrong?
  • K man missnoee 2008/06/03 16:48:15 (edited)
    K man
    +1
    LOL, I confused Nancy Sinatra and Jane Fonda.

• highlatte 2008/04/29 12:13:44
    highlatte
    +2
    Another witless moron from the Hollywood ranks. Some will never change. Wisdom is growing, learning, admitting ones mistakes, atonement. Mz. Fonda, now in her elderly years, has accomplished none of these things.
  • StarrGazerr 2008/04/17 19:05:04
    StarrGazerr
    +2
    She's not that great an actress, and while everyone has a right to express their political views I think doing so in a way that will harm your country is not something that should be honored.
  • Kenny 2008/04/16 22:02:17
    Kenny
    +3
    The US should have kicked her out of the country back then, there's a difference between free speech and betrayal of one's own. I say we send her to Iran so she can cry about the war that was in Iraq. Maybe she's their iman.
  • missnoee Kenny 2008/06/03 13:45:23
    missnoee
    I think at the very least she should have been shunned and any production she was in and anything that she made money at should have been boycotted.
  • thunderbean 2008/04/16 20:59:02
  • Kevman thunder... 2008/04/17 02:47:03 (edited)
    Kevman
    +4
    My dad fought in Vietnam (two tours, 1964-65 and 1969 -1970). He was a mustang Marine, beginning as a pfc and retiring in 1976 as a light bird. He and my uncle Karl both survived two tours, and both lost many friends.
    I know they would disagree with you. The NVA and the Vietcong were ruthless in their desire to eliminate democracy in South Vietnam, but
    could not win any set piece battles against the US. My Uncle Karl was in Khe Sahn during the siege (as my dad said, he's STILL licking his lips), and my dad was at Da Nang, both tours. The NVA nor the Cong were no match for our forces. They only won because of the propaganda war fought HERE. I went with dad to the Wall, and watched him cry for the first time in my life. 58+ thousand Americans sacrificed their lives to keep South Vietnam free, but Fonda and Kerry (and those like them) made certain their deaths were in vain.
    Lt. Col (USMC Retired) Mario S. Valentini, 1932 - 1996 Korea, Vietnam: Rest in Peace.
    Major Bernard Terhorst, USMC, 1932 - 1969, Korea, Vietnam (KIA May, 1969): Rest in Peace
    Lt. Col Eli Page Howard Jr., USA 1928 - 1969 Korea, Vietnam, (KIA August, 1969): Rest in Peace)
    Lt. Col John A. Dowd, USMC 1931 - August 1969 Korea, Vietnam (KIA August, 1969): Rest in Peace
  • gaptooth Kevman 2008/04/18 17:52:04 (edited)
    gaptooth
    +4
    My wife & and I first visited the Wall in the mid 90s. We had been forewarned about the personal impact we would experience. Even with those warnings we were not prepared for the emotions we felt. It is truly one of the most reverent settings we have ever been to.

Since we live in New Mexico we go to the Vietnam Memorial in Angel Fire, NM, often. We used to go every Memorial Day but the crowds got too big. We still make an annual trek but on our timetable.

If you or your Dad haven't been there, go. It is worth the effort!

There are some things done in spite of Fonda and her ilk.
  • Kevman 2008/04/16 20:57:15
    Kevman
    +3
    No one can deny that what she did was to provide aid and comfort to our enemy during time of war. As there exists no statute of limitations
    for the crime of treason, she should be arrested, tried, and if found guilty, should be shot (I prefer the method the Brits used back in the bad old days: Hang the traitor and cut him down before he passed out, then stretch him on the rack, followed by disembowling & the
    intestines burned before their eyes. The traitor would then
    be beheaded, and his body drawn and quartered. Too good for Jane) .
  • Silverback Kevman 2008/04/17 03:36:57
    Silverback
    +2
    Jeez! Kev don't hold back tell us what you really think. ........Course I do happen to feel the same.
  • ghosst00 2008/04/16 20:15:00
    ghosst00
    +3
    She's a guttersnipe, just like her ex-husband
  • Silverback 2008/04/16 18:35:09
    Silverback
    +3
    Just Hollow Wood playing to their own. For all of the great people Bawa Walters has had the opportunity to meet over the years, she has pretty much snubbed common people and has alway talked down about and to them. To me she is often ill- mannered even to people in acting. We have far better women in this country to talk about than Hanoi Jane Fon-DUH.
  • Stix 2008/04/16 04:35:15
    Stix
    +2
    Jane Fonda never had a brain of her own. She followed whatever the man in her life at the time was into.
    Hanoi Jane stood with our enemy, praised them while denouncing our dying soldiers. Told reporters our POW's were treated very well by our enemy, as they were being tortured and starved to death.
    Hanoi Jane's father, Henry Fonda didn't speak to her for years as he saw his daughter as the traitor she was.
    My husband, brother, friends, and other family members were in Vietnam and all hate her guts. Jane doesn't make a profit from her films, exercise videos, or books from anyone I know as we will never allow Hanoi Jane's trash in our homes.
    Being young and doing stupid things is one thing, going out of your way to collaborate with the enemy as our troops are dying and being tortured is definately beyond someone in mid twenties being stupid..It's called TRAITOR
  • paddyk 2008/04/16 02:46:54
    paddyk
    +2
    You've got to be kidding!
  • missnoee 2008/04/16 02:24:35
    missnoee
    +1
    She was a traitor who got away with it, and her apology was very late in coming, and given only because she thought it was expected.......but it was not very sincere. Just like her.......it was cold and unfeeling.

2014/10/25 05:37:11