James Carville: "Democrats Are Clueless"

snipe 2012/03/19 20:56:17

Not only is James Carville a scary looking, Skeletor type fella with a voice
that is like fingernails on a chalkboard, but he’s also either very honest, very
arrogant or very stupid. Either way, read the words of Mr. Carville and tell me
whatcha think. Here is the direct quote as lifted from Thinkexist.com:

“Ideologies aren’t all that important. What’s important is psychology.

"The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do
is lay out enough silage and they come running. That’s why I became an operative
working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of
noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few
want to bolt the herd.
Eighty percent of the people who call themselves
Democrats don’t have a clue as to political reality.
What amazes me is that
you could take a group of people who are hard workers and convince them that
they should support social programs that were the exact opposite of their own
personal convictions. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to
vote any way you want.
The voter is basically dumb and lazy. The reason I
became a Democratic operative instead of a Republican was because there were
more Democrats that didn’t have a clue than there were Republicans.
Truth is
relative. Truth is what you can make the voter believe is the truth. If you’re
smart enough, truth is what you make the voter think it is. That’s why I’m a
Democrat. I can make the Democratic voters think whatever I want them to.”

http://itmakessenseblog.com/2011/09/17/democrat-james-carvill...

• No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2012/03/19 22:14:09
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +27
    "Truth is

I think James is on to something... It is called the "herd instinct"
    and 0bama voters are true to the herd.

sheeple

sheeple

obama pied piper sheeple

• mich52 snipe 2012/03/20 01:24:57
  • snipe mich52 2012/03/20 01:54:04
    snipe
    +5
    That's a lie!
  • mich52 seadog6... 2012/03/20 01:25:32
  • mich52 snipe 2012/03/20 01:24:28
  • Diane snipe 2012/03/20 02:23:46 (edited)
    Diane
    Where did he say it? Was it a book, an interview? Which one? Until you can tell me where he said it, I'm going to believe this is a hoax. I'm sorry I can't be as gullible as the rest of you guys.
  • norm 2012/03/19 23:50:21
    norm
    +2
    I am as conservative as they get. I am questioning this quote. What is the source?
  • mich52 norm 2012/03/20 00:30:30
  • snipe mich52 2012/03/20 00:41:35
  • mich52 snipe 2012/03/20 01:34:16
  • Bob Fit... mich52 2012/09/08 23:22:58
    Bob Fitzgerald
    +1
    Whatever you say, but the page you claim is the only source, which is not a fact, has anti Romney adds all over it. Don't think they are a conservative group. It is all over though. Carville is an ass.
  • JULIE snipe 2012/03/20 01:35:20 (edited)
  • Bob Fit... JULIE 2012/09/08 23:26:27
    Bob Fitzgerald
    +3
    Funny thing is that MSNBC and this nut are so far to the left they make Fox look slightly to the left. They break the scales in their bias and this guy wouldn't know how to deliver a fact if his life depended on it.
  • ruthannhausman 2012/03/19 23:39:28
    ruthannhausman
    +3
    And to what end or purpose, Mr. Carville? What the hell is the point of being a successful rep who doesn't believe squat about the people he's representing? This sounds like a nut case gone wild.
  • Mr. Smith ruthann... 2012/03/19 23:49:38
    Mr. Smith
    +7
    The two parties now operate as a business, a business that needs members and will do and say anything to increase their numbers. Carville is just the pitch-man selling snake oil - he knows it's all BS - but it's his job to tow the party line.
  • ruthann... Mr. Smith 2012/03/20 00:14:48
    ruthannhausman
    +1
    Hi, Mr. Smith, nice to "meet" with you. Actually, I agree with what you've just said,completely agree. That is my understanding as well. I know what Carville is doing, per se.

My question, which was totally inartful -- and that's because I am having a hard time putting this into words. I will try but may flub it up again. (FYI, my Daddy always called me Flubber all my life. Now I know why.)

My "question" was to be posed from Carville's personal standpoint. I mean, were I speaking to the guy -- and hopefully with a straight face, mind you -- I'd want to ask him, "Okay, Carville, I see what you're saying, but what kind of personal satisfaction, if any, are you getting out of doing your job strictly for such hollow reasons?"

I mean when, for instance, you and/or I stand up and defend a conservative ideal or speak our piece about a hot subejct, we are doing so from our hearts and when we drive home a point or two, we feel really good about ourselves. But what kind of emotional, personal satisfaction can that man be feeling if he doesn't have true, honest beliefs he's trying to pass on to others?

Again, inartfully stated but that's what I intended initially. I have to add that I found his comments to be totally off the wall of good taste and very insulting to the people he...

Again, inartfully stated but that's what I intended initially. I have to add that I found his comments to be totally off the wall of good taste and very insulting to the people he is supposed to be wooing. By the way, I didn't do any research to verify that's what he said. I sincerely hope he did, indeed, say it because I don't want to blast somebody for something they never said in the first place. But you know what? If somebody comes back with persuasive proof that he didn't say this, I will be the first to apologize for my comments. Not that anybody gives a rat's fanny about what I have to say, mind you, but it'll make me feel better about myself because I can't stand liars, even inadvertent liars, which is what I would be. Argh. I just hate these modern-day communications that contain misstatements of fact and outright fibs because I'm used to being able to trust what people tell me. Not anymore. Unfortunately, this old war horse is a little bit slow in catching on.

Oh, and FYI, I absolutely love your adaptation of Jimmy Stewart for your logo! One of my all-time heroes, mind you. And I loved his movies too!
  • Mr. Smith ruthann... 2012/03/20 00:40:37
    Mr. Smith
    +2
    You stated your question perfectly, you didn't flub it up at all.

I'm not sure what motivates a person to defend a party/ideology if that person doesn't believe in it. Could it be purely for monetary gain? He's good at his job, or at least he used to be, he helped build the Clinton machine. Perhaps he knows something very few know, that Party and ideology are not relevant when the game is fixed by the elite governing class. It's all a charade at that point, performance art, if you will - it's all about which Party can put on the best performance and who can control the theater.

Thanks for the compliments on my avatar - Jimmy is one of my favorite old school actors - and Mr. Smith also happens to be my real name, so it was an easy pick for me. ;-)
  • ruthann... Mr. Smith 2012/03/20 18:11:52
    ruthannhausman
    +1
    So, Mr. Smith, how come you haven't gone to Washington yet? LOL
  • Mr. Smith ruthann... 2012/03/20 18:37:46
    Mr. Smith
    I value my soul too much!
  • ruthann... Mr. Smith 2012/03/21 02:14:19
    ruthannhausman
    +1
    Hahahaha, good response!
  • Common Sense Conservative 2012/03/19 23:33:32
    Common Sense Conservative
    +9
    He's right about one thing, democrats are clueless.
  • Alleycat 2012/03/19 23:22:21
    Alleycat
    +8
    "That’s why I’m a Democrat. I can make the Democratic voters think whatever I want them to.”

This is quite an indictment of the typical Democrat mindset, ignorance, pure and simple...
  • Murph 65 2012/03/19 23:05:39
    Murph 65
    +8
    I do not think Carville is alone in his thinking. It's this attitude and belief that keeps helping the dems get reelected. If I were a democrat, I would register republican tomorrow morning. How completely insulting.
  • Don 2012/03/19 23:00:22
    Don
    +4
    He also said democraps would reign for 40 years. That was debunked in 2 years.
    He also said Hill Bill might run in 2016. Talk about damaged goods.
    He's just a delusional coon a$$ who had his 15 mintutes of fame in the 90's.
    I keep thinking that Mary will shoot him and put him out of her misery.
  • ed 2012/03/19 22:54:51
    ed
    +9
    any rebuttles from the democrats here?
    +9
    WOW - REALITY
  • Cognito22 2012/03/19 22:33:58
    Cognito22
    +12
    Wow, a harsh dose of reality.
    It won't be long before someone puts out a contract on him.
    Well, said, Mr. Carville.
  • texasred Cognito22 2012/03/20 03:02:20
    texasred
    +1
    But I'm with dubbie, watch out for him.
  • dubbie 2012/03/19 22:30:04
    dubbie
    +8
    Watch it though ,The guy is slicker than owl s"""
  • NPC dubbie 2012/03/20 02:46:21
  • texasred dubbie 2012/03/20 03:02:54
    texasred
    +3
    Yep... just because he has a lapse in Demo judgment by telling the truth doesn't mean he won't come back lying twice as hard.
  • NPC texasred 2012/03/20 16:57:45
    NPC
    +2
    A brainwashed Liberal is permanent damage.
  • krayzrick 2012/03/19 22:27:59
    krayzrick
    +11
    The Democratic Party has been hijacked by Left Wing Progressive Radicals, and they don't even realize it. Pity.....
  • texasred krayzrick 2012/03/20 03:03:30
    texasred
    +4
    Yes it has... Kennedy would be horrified.
  • Machinegunn 2012/03/19 22:22:32
    Machinegunn
    +1
    ......CARVILLE is an AMERICAN,FIRST!!!...The AMERICAN VOTER is the reason AMERICA exists!!!...CARVILLE is calling all of AMERICA,DUMB!!!...CARVILLE is being DIVISIVE,and this is NEWS!!!......
  • krayzrick Machine... 2012/03/19 22:26:34
    krayzrick
    +7
    So in the same sense, you'd be saying that the American voter, has gotten us into the position we're in today. Therefore, we would have to say, American voters ARE dumb...
  • Machine... krayzrick 2012/03/19 22:32:12 (edited)
    Machinegunn
    ......JAMES said it!!!...And according to the FAUX POLL,it's an EPIDEMIC!!!...But really,it's just the SAME SHOUT of,"FIRE in a CROWDED THEATER"!!!......
  • krayzrick Machine... 2012/03/19 22:47:36
    krayzrick
    +6
    If American voters, were smart, and thier votes really were used in the elections, then wouldn't we be $50,000,000,000 in the 'green' like China??
  • Machine... krayzrick 2012/03/19 22:59:36
    Machinegunn
    ......NO,It is the AMERICAN VOTERS who think THEY are SMARTER then the "OTHER's" that have ELECTED POLICIES that have put US in the RED,UNFORTUNATELY!!!......
  • texasred Machine... 2012/03/20 03:05:37
    texasred
    +3
    Take your meds, sweetie. It'll be ok.
  • texasred Machine... 2012/03/20 03:05:05
    texasred
    +4
    All I saw in his statement was realities about Dem voters.

2014/10/22 08:05:15