Jailhouse calls released in Case Against George Zimmerman

teigan 2012/06/18 20:07:36

ORLANDO --

Six jailhouse phone calls George Zimmerman made to his wife Shellie were released Monday.

They’re the tapes that ultimately landed Zimmerman -- back in jail.

It's during these calls that the prosecution believed Zimmerman and his wife lied to the judge about how much money they had.

On a phone call from April 16, the couple spoke about money in an account.

The prosecution alleges Zimmerman and his wife were using code.

According to the state, $100 was actually code for $100,000, and so on.

ZIMMERMAN: In my account, do I have at least $100?
WOMAN: (inaudible) deposited (inaudible) at least $100? (background conversation) No.
ZIMMERMAN: How, how, how close am I?
WOMAN: There’s like $8
BACKGROUND VOICE: $8.60
ZIMMERMAN: Really?
WOMAN: $8.00 and like 60 cents or something.
ZIMMERMAN: Humph. I thought you said there was like (inaudible) total?
WOMAN: Uh-uh, no, Kevin voided it.
ZIMMERMAN: Oh, okay, so total, everything, how much are we looking at?
WOMAN: Um, like $155.

Along with conversations about money, transferring and taking out cash, they also spoke about feedback from Zimmerman’s supporters.

At one point, Zimmerman said his attorney needs to get these people who are rallying behind him to “vocalize.”

We have a team of reporters and producers digging though these phone calls, and will bring you much more as soon as we get it.

Read More: http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news...

• I. Car Rus 2012/06/18 20:41:04
    I. Car Rus
    +1
    This should be on stupid criminals. I deal with them daily.They never cease to amaze.
  • Cidlvj4 2012/06/18 20:23:22
    Cidlvj4
    +1
    This guy believes he will go free and that is why he said nothing about money and did not want to use it for defending himself in case. Let the peoples Taxes pay it is what he wanted. Something is wrong in this whole case and I hope this guy Zimmerman does his time.
  • teigan Cidlvj4 2012/06/18 21:01:26
    teigan
    +2
    I agree, how in the hell did these two think they could get by with lying to the judge? I wonder if on top of committing purgery if they are committing tax evasion as well. They are using this money to pay off their bills, visa and student loans. I wonder how the contributors feel about that. They are defrauding the taxpayers by claiming they have no money. He has destroyed his own credibility. His case depends on it and he just flushed it away.
  • Cidlvj4 teigan 2012/06/18 21:19:31
    Cidlvj4
    +1
    Exactly! The worst part of this whole case is the fact that a guy is dead by his hand and he is trying to profit from it.
  • teigan Cidlvj4 2012/06/18 21:23:01
    teigan
    +1
    That would appear to be the case.
  • HarleyCharley 2012/06/18 20:13:50
    HarleyCharley
    interesting...

2014/11/21 12:20:23