"I've got a pen and I've got a phone" Why does Obama have to constantly threaten Executive Orders! Whatever happened to compromise?

JoJo 2014/01/15 12:29:40
'I've got a pen, and I've got a phone':

Obama threatens to bypass embattled Congress with bully pulpit executive actions on economy

• Obama told his first Cabinet meeting of 2014 he won't 'be waiting for legislation in order to make sure that we're providing Americans the kind of help they need'

• The president vowed to push though new laws that will help the speed up the pace of economic recovery

• He urged Congress to extend unemployment insurance and pass immigration reform as well as help bring down skyrocketing college tuition

President Barack Obama vowed Tuesday to use the power of executive actions to bypass the unfriendly Republican-controlled House in order to advance his liberal economic agenda.

Obama focused on improving the up-and-down economic recovery as he convened his first Cabinet meeting of 2014 and made clear he'll be doing so with or without the help of the embattled Congress.

'We're not just going to be waiting for legislation in order to make sure that we're providing Americans the kind of help they need.

Is this the kind of help we need? I don't think so!

What say you?

When is congress going to stop this man from bypassing them? He has widely misunderstood the legal bounds and democratic spirit of this country

This man has said so ofter that he 'won't wait' for congress to act. He has a complete disregard for the democratic process.

The only thing wrong with the American economy is Obama. The first two years of his Presidency he had fillibuster proof majorities in both houses, his last three the Dems rule the Senate. The only thing he accepts responsibility for is killing Bin Laden everything else he blames on Bush and the republicans

• Double Tee 2014/01/15 12:42:53
    Double Tee
    +7
    There is no compromise with this POS, he has said that time and time again. And his time to get his socialist agenda pushed through isn;t going fast enough for his handlers. "THEY" are the ones pushing him to do this. Obama is a community organizer, thats all he has ever been and has never advanced beyond that.

• Joe Cimino 2014/01/16 20:47:36
    Joe Cimino
    +3
    His arrogance is only exceeded by his lack of objectivity! His absence in working across the aisle reflects on his arrogance and lack of leadership qualities. Solutions are best when compromised between philosophical differences. His abuse of executive orders is an absolute step towards what America has never experienced....A Dictatorship!
  • lyle 2014/01/16 02:37:06
    lyle
    +1
    u in a whole new world now................seig heil comrade
  • perks-a real PATRIOT 2014/01/15 20:39:17
    perks-a real PATRIOT
    +2
    When destroying the greatest country ever, compromise is not an option!!
  • Striker 2014/01/15 17:19:13
    Striker
    +1
    Here's the deal, folks. So much of what Obama is doing is unconstitutional, not to mention stupid. Congress should yank his leash, but won't. Congress should impeach, but won't. That leaves only taking these issues to the courts. By the time anything might be done, like 3 years later, Obama will *hopefully* be out of our White House.

WE can't be sure of anything, not in the courts, and not by "voting" What WE can be sure of is that the debt and the tyranny will grow.

The disease of Collectivism is a plague already spread across this planet. Only the 7 billion people might put an end to all that. Who thinks that will happen?
  • jmc07806-PWCM-JLA 2014/01/15 16:47:48
    jmc07806-PWCM-JLA
    +1
    Because he has no respect for the rule of law or the Constitution.
  • Kara ~~~ American Patriot 2014/01/15 16:43:10
    Kara ~~~ American Patriot
    +4
    I am appalled by everything the man does. The bad part about his words is that he does have a pen and words. The want-a-be Dictator uses and abuses his position on a regular basis. As all Dictator's eventually do, he will eventually fall down off of his thrown.
    Obama dream a nightmare
  • JoJo 2014/01/15 15:34:10
    JoJo
    +2
    For some reason, this posted before I had a chance to edit!! Sorry for the small print! Hopefully you get the message!
  • Striker JoJo 2014/01/15 17:20:17
    Striker
    +1
    You can still edit; you should have a link showing.
  • JoJo Striker 2014/01/15 18:10:20
    JoJo
    +1
    I tired but couldn't do it! Sorry!
  • henry.sasser.III 2014/01/15 15:21:27
    henry.sasser.III
    +6
    The fact that our President CAN issue "Executive Orders" without any form of oversight or Congressional approval is wrong. Our Founding Fathers created a three-Branch form of government so that one branch COULD NOT override another branch! But here he is, Emperor Obama, throwing the Senate (and House) to the Lions!
  • Striker henry.s... 2014/01/15 17:22:14
    Striker
    +1
    Sue the dipper, and in 3 years just *maybe* the government's "justice system" will rule it's unconstitutional... or not!
  • henry.s... Striker 2014/01/15 17:24:14
    henry.sasser.III
    I wish. They tried that with George W, and "decided" that Executive Orders were legit.

Why do you think he stuffed the Supreme Court?
  • deidara.true,art-[SHP]- BTO... 2014/01/15 14:47:57
    deidara.true,art-[SHP]- BTO-t- B
    +2
    but what he has not had is a coronation, he is not king, and his decrees are not law.
  • Striker deidara... 2014/01/15 17:22:45
    Striker
    +2
    Yep, but what to DO?
  • deidara... Striker 2014/01/15 18:04:11
    deidara.true,art-[SHP]- BTO-t- B
    we need to wait till the congress changes. soooo.... Rand Paul has filed a class action law suit. That will take time, We can not have a special prosecutor, as that would be holder appointing one.
  • Striker deidara... 2014/01/15 18:36:47
    Striker
    +1
    Do you mean to tell me that a special prosecutor is ONLY up to Holder?
  • deidara... Striker 2014/01/15 20:44:52
    deidara.true,art-[SHP]- BTO-t- B
    +1
    well, I was wrong sorry, we now have United States Office of Special Counsel, I do not know who appoints them
  • Striker deidara... 2014/01/15 23:08:09
    Striker
    +1
    It's okay, I had no real idea on that. thank you
  • JoJo Striker 2014/01/15 18:55:17
    JoJo
    +1
    Time to March!
  • Striker JoJo 2014/01/15 19:15:41
    Striker
    +2
    perhaps, but can we March without committing suicide?
  • JoJo Striker 2014/01/15 21:45:38
    JoJo
    +1
    maybe!
  • Striker JoJo 2014/01/15 23:08:59
    Striker
    +1
    I guess it depends on what type of "March" you mean?
  • JoJo Striker 2014/01/16 00:24:47
    JoJo
    +1
    Haven't figured that out yet! Any ideas?
  • Striker JoJo 2014/01/16 00:28:52
    Striker
    +1
    I think we'll have to wait for the collapse to dissolve this government. Then hopefully we can ReStart with a Voluntary System. Whatever, the collapse will not be much fun in the beginning.
  • JoJo Striker 2014/01/17 00:00:39
    JoJo
    +1
    3 more years of this is not a good thing! I had my doubts that we would survive the last 5! It's kind of sad that we have to wait for a collapse of this government! If we ever did what Egypt did and march on DC, millions strong, that would send a message to these bastards! The problem is people here have jobs and families to support and can't afford to take time off to protest! The only other option is to vote out as many as possible in 2014 and 2016! We have to get the word out and work for the Republican candidates where ever and when ever possible!
  • Striker JoJo 2014/01/17 00:09:29
    Striker
    +1
    good comment. Voting won't be the answer, we all saw what happened in 2008 and in 2012 the Dem-Rep monopoly gave us no choice except more collectivist tyranny.

On the March on DC, never forget that DC doesn't permit guns. A march of armed citizens WOULD get their attention, tho!
  • JoJo Striker 2014/01/17 00:20:17
    JoJo
    +1
    Just heard there is a march on DC planned for May 16th! Will get more information and put the word out!
  • SickOfBigGov 2014/01/15 13:14:08 (edited)
    SickOfBigGov
    +5
    I heard him. Compromise was never really in play with Obama. Oh sure, he talked a good deal about compromise when he was addressing the American people, but he was not put into the WH to compromise. I am simply astounded why we sit back and allow this man to talk to the American people the way he does. He is not the boss of us although he is doing a damn good job of bossing us all around. Congress is supposes to be able to reign this kind of BS in. Unfortunately, Congress no longer exists to defend us. But who's to blame? We put them there.

He's a political bully and someone needs to take away the little pen and phone from this petulant child and send him to his room. Who does he think he is, King Obama? Oh, I guess he does.
  • JoJo SickOfB... 2014/01/15 15:30:43
    JoJo
    +2
    Good Post! Thank you
  • Ray 2014/01/15 12:47:25
  • Kara ~~... Ray 2014/01/15 16:45:23
  • Double Tee 2014/01/15 12:42:53
    Double Tee
    +7

2014/10/23 04:58:03