It’s time for Christians to fight back

☆astac☆~PWCM 2012/12/23 23:06:27

But the atheists’ appetite won’t be sated when religious institutions
disappear. Those pesky believers will still carry their faith with them, to work
or school. A doctor will refuse to carry out an abortion; or a teacher will tell
her class that heterosexual marriage, being a sacrament, is preferable to a
civil partnership. Both subversives will claim that conscientious objection is a
universal right, but will either be spared the sack?

This scenario seemed unimaginable only a few years ago. Tolerance was a
national habit, and believers felt confident that it would always be so. They
accepted, without a murmur, changes such as the muting of church bells, and
turned the other cheek at sneers in the media. They reasoned that by
accommodating the secular establishment they would be allowed their own space;
instead, they’ve been squeezed into a corner. There are moments in history when
meekly to accommodate is dangerously to appease. This is one. Let the fight-back
begin.

Read More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9078434/I...

• TasselLady 2012/12/23 23:38:55
    TasselLady
    +14
    That's right. Christianity will NEVER be abolished. You can't remove what's in a person's heart and soul no matter what the government or anyone else tries to do. God is eternal and his word is eternal. And he's going to make it known in his time that he IS GOD, and no one or nothing will ever change that.
    For God so loved the world

• Commrade#371 2013/01/06 23:56:53
    Commrade#371
    +1
    Preferably I would hope that reason triumphs over both athiests and theists and that we all turn to science to find god.
  • timothy.hill.14 2012/12/26 10:21:08
    timothy.hill.14
    +1
    I do find it odd that while Christianity is certainly under attack by liberals, atheists and other non believers that Christian voices are so very silent. This disintegration of God from society continues largely supported by organizations such as the FFRF and yet Christians do nothing in retaliation or response. Your idea is sound and good and I agree that Christians should start being equally as aggressive in standing up for what we believe in.
  • Dickens 2012/12/25 17:24:25
    Dickens
    +1
    ...that's the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time...as an atheist, why would I care WHAT religion you observe?...I, as an atheist, don't care about the existence of your religion or any other religion; I just choose not to participate in the religious delusions and DO NOT want my life controlled by them...
    +1
    against what
  • ☆astac☆... Mike 2012/12/25 20:54:45
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    You
  • Maxine 2012/12/24 23:48:13
    Maxine
    +1
    A good one--thanks for sharing--God bless,
  • Helmholtz 2012/12/24 16:16:54
    Helmholtz
    Have fun with that.
  • Mantic 2012/12/24 13:49:37 (edited)
    Mantic
    +1
    I do believe that Christians, being a significant if not super-majority part of the US population, should be active in shaping the culture of this country. That is, I do not see the rationality of the libertarian who claims the small minority or individual's comfort should be considered before all.

But I wouldn't say "fight back," specifically. That's rhetoric meant to rally a different sort of people, and what I think we're suggesting is not any sort of belligerence, but merely purposeful action, laying claim to your own environment rather than relinquishing control of what is yours to a misguided elitist minority.
  • postmamy 2012/12/24 13:34:29
    postmamy
    i would marry the tree then~~~~ would mery the tree then
  • Straud1976 2012/12/24 13:10:43
    +3
    The term "tolerance" as used by Progressives (Regressives) is NOTHING of the sort. This policiy is the antithesis of diversity! It is also a threat to the right of FREE SPEECH as guaranteed by the First Amendment!

Be very aware that Progressives have no desire to uphold the Constitution. They wish to Pervert it to the point of confusion and eventually replace it with their own perverted idea of liberty. But I will guarantee that what they concoct will steal your freedom, not enhance it!
  • Woof Andrew 2012/12/28 04:37:37
    Woof
    +2
    I agree with you full heartedly.
  • Cal 2012/12/24 12:26:19
    Cal
    +2
    Someone needs to stand up for them and their rights already.
  • Wyveryx 2012/12/24 11:41:20
    Wyveryx
    +2
    Christians are taught to turn the other cheek...well I only got two so after the last one is red... It's time for a little Reynolds style "I aim to misbehave."
    +3
    "Fight back" against WHAT??
  • ☆astac☆... Lady Wh... 2012/12/24 14:21:32
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +1
    People like you
  • Lady Wh... ☆astac☆... 2012/12/24 22:08:14
    +4
    Tip: GROW UP
  • Woof Lady Wh... 2013/03/02 20:20:16
    Woof
    Pay attention, sit up, maybe it won't go over your head.
  • Jason 2012/12/24 07:03:18
    Jason
    +5
    As an atheist I can say I am not trying to take away your beliefs, nor do I care to. Separation of church and state however I am for. I don't want to participate in your beliefs. As for the country being founded in Christianity, that is very debatable. Especially if you read many of the founding father's quotes. Of course they had to say they were Christian back then, it was a very different world. Christianity is still a major majority in this country I do not understand the logic of feeling it is being oppressed. Nor the so often expressed hatred of people who do not share in your beliefs, especially against atheists. It would appear even Muslims are tolerated more so because at least they believe in something. Non-believers have just become the 3rd largest belief system in the world according to statistics might as well get used to it! I have seen the so -called attacks against Christianity in this country, I would not call them attacks at all and wonder why you feel so insecure about it? Squeezed into a corner? Really?...86% of the population in America is Christian and you are being "Squeezed" come on...
  • David Jason 2012/12/24 07:17:14
    David
    +1
    Your comment is spot-on, however, one incorrect statement you made is regarding this:

"It would appear even Muslims are tolerated more so because at least they believe in something"

Just because someone doesn't follow a religion, doesn't mean they don't believe in anything. This is a common mistake many Christians make. For example, an Atheist can believe in the value of life because it's the only one we have. On a side note, it's insulting to call someone a "non-believer" just because they don't believe in your particular religion. We're all Atheists when it comes to most other religions (there are hundreds, if not thousands in human history). Atheists and Agnostics just go one step further.
  • Jason David 2012/12/24 07:27:36
    Jason
    +2
    Perhaps not worded correctly but saying the same thing. I might have better said Muslims are tolerated more because they believe in a higher power and actually the same god as the Christians. Of course Atheists can believe in many things. Thank you however for pointing that out! Anything I can do to improve my statements is greatly welcomed!
  • Mantic David 2012/12/24 13:57:49 (edited)
  • ☆astac☆... Mantic 2012/12/24 14:27:24
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +1
    Very well said. When I go after the so called atheists, it is only the people who call themselves atheist who are attacking the religious, especially the Christian and Judea religions. These people are actually showing they have an active belief about God and religion, they really are not atheist
  • Al B Th... ☆astac☆... 2012/12/25 04:38:50
    Al B Thayer
    I've never seen an athiest attack any other faith but the Christian faith. Take the symbol of Darwin in the fish. Creationism is Jewish first and foremost. Shouldn't they put the Darwin in the star of David?
  • Mantic Al B Th... 2012/12/25 07:20:21
    Mantic
    +1
    Easy target, no?
  • Al B Th... Mantic 2012/12/25 22:35:53
    Al B Thayer
    +1
    I find it strange they don't jump The Jews like they do Christians. The Darwin in the fish clearly proves they have a bent toward hating Christians. Which is becoming so PC.
  • ☆astac☆... Al B Th... 2012/12/25 20:55:36 (edited)
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    I will have to say you are not sure what I am saying. I am not attacking those true atheists who do not believe, I am attacking those who claim to be atheists, yet attack the religious every chance they get
  • Al B Th... ☆astac☆... 2012/12/25 22:40:19
    Al B Thayer
    +1
    sounds more like the difference between an aggy and an atheist. But I see your point. You have to wonder why they put so much effort into something they say does not exist.
  • ☆astac☆... David 2012/12/24 14:24:16
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +1
    I have taken pains to separate out those who just do not believe. Most of the people who just do not believe, are not the problem. It is those who claim to be Atheist, yet attack Christians everyday. These people have an active belief about God, hence they cannot be called atheist. They do tend to follow the secular humanist beliefs, so I put them into that category
  • Al B Th... ☆astac☆... 2012/12/25 04:35:42
    Al B Thayer
    +1
    I think I agree with you?
  • ☆astac☆... Al B Th... 2012/12/25 20:56:05
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    OK
  • Jay Theyme Jason 2012/12/24 08:17:19
    Jay Theyme
    +2
    Nobody cares about you 'wanting to take away their beliefs' or not. You should be more concerned about what Christians might decide to do with your beliefs.

And not sure why you are pretending to be some kind of beloved minority just looking for acceptance and all?
  • Jason Jay Theyme 2012/12/24 16:53:20
    Jason
    +1
    I would add that no one cares "about what Christians might decide to do with" my beliefs. Also where have I pretended to "be some kind of beloved minority just looking for acceptance and all?" I just don't see it. Non-affiliated religious belief the "nones" account for only 16% of the US population, so it is a minority. There is absolutely no need for hostility however or veiled threats. I simply do not understand all this Christian fear and cries of persecution. I see the sensationalism on Fox News with the "War on Christmas" that's just to sell their brand of entertainment however. What are you so afraid of that you feel a need to "fight" and threaten what Christians might do with my beliefs? I would say that apparently you are concerned greatly with people wanting to take away your beliefs either that or you feel everyone absolutely must believe as you do or it's war. Which is very sad indeed.
  • Jay Theyme Jason 2012/12/24 22:05:55
    Jay Theyme
    +1
    I don't see 'cries of persecution' at all. In the last decades an offensive 'minority' used legal angles to 'de-Christianize' public institutions. (school prayer and christmas decorations being 2 famous ones).
    So, what's hard to understand? They dislike this and haven't quite figured out how to slow the tide against them.
  • Jason Jay Theyme 2012/12/24 22:40:01
    Jason
    I understand completely that they dislike it. Not unlike people forced to have their beliefs pushed on them. However Christian schools are still available. Many home school now. Nativity scenes can go on any private property they feel. Children are permitted to pray in school, it is just no longer a requirement. Public schools, govt. and public properties should be free of specific religious beliefs or make room for them all, it's that simple. All this talk of fighting and Wars on Christmas and telling people they should be concerned with their beliefs is unnecessary and ridiculous. Even in this post there is talk of Atheists taking away religious institutions and firing people who believe. AS AN ATHEIST, someone who can speak from that position, we are not interested in taking your beliefs but we ABSOLUTELY do not want to participate in them. I would say the same to Muslim beliefs or any other belief, if I had to sit through a Muslim prayer at some govt. or school function I would certainly not be happy at all! Christians in America feel threatened that they are being pushed out, but people who choose other ways have been pushed out for years and years. Change can be difficult. I understand the fear of the changing ways. Yes I would ask for acceptance and tolerance and fair...
    I understand completely that they dislike it. Not unlike people forced to have their beliefs pushed on them. However Christian schools are still available. Many home school now. Nativity scenes can go on any private property they feel. Children are permitted to pray in school, it is just no longer a requirement. Public schools, govt. and public properties should be free of specific religious beliefs or make room for them all, it's that simple. All this talk of fighting and Wars on Christmas and telling people they should be concerned with their beliefs is unnecessary and ridiculous. Even in this post there is talk of Atheists taking away religious institutions and firing people who believe. AS AN ATHEIST, someone who can speak from that position, we are not interested in taking your beliefs but we ABSOLUTELY do not want to participate in them. I would say the same to Muslim beliefs or any other belief, if I had to sit through a Muslim prayer at some govt. or school function I would certainly not be happy at all! Christians in America feel threatened that they are being pushed out, but people who choose other ways have been pushed out for years and years. Change can be difficult. I understand the fear of the changing ways. Yes I would ask for acceptance and tolerance and fairness in the use of public properties for all. No way do I want every one to think like me! Or believe like me. Might as well move to Iran or North Korea for that. I don't know the situation in Canada as well, so I can't speak for your situation.
  • Jay Theyme Jason 2012/12/24 23:44:16
    Jay Theyme
    +1
    Now consider this:
    - Hey, don't worry - we aren't interested in taking your beliefs away from you. You are 100% free to believe in 'unguided forces' or whatever you want. We just want the freedom to have school prayer and Christian symbols on public property.
    Yes, this change is going be hard for you. I understand change can bring fears but don't worry - you can still sit in a class and believe in nothing or disavow nativity scenes.
    As for this:
    "public properties should be free of specific religious beliefs or make room for them all, it's that simple"
    Hmm.. well that can change. It will be interesting to see if Christians decide to allow that or not.
    .
  • Mantic Jay Theyme 2012/12/25 08:09:22 (edited)
    Mantic
    +2
    Militant Atheists are the biggest roadblock to equal representation. When efforts are made in that direction -- trying to show respect for everyone's beliefs -- you can count on a militant Atheist to show up with a flying spaghetti monster display, DISrespecting everyone's beliefs.

And then crying about being oppressed.
  • Jay Theyme Mantic 2012/12/25 08:14:42
    Jay Theyme
    +1
    Exactly bang-on what they do.
    They also like putting on 'hurt puppy' eyes and pretending they are really just wanting 'to be accepted' and asking "isn't that what Jesus wanted you to do?"
    Then when you turn your back they are dunking your crucifix in a jar of urine with a shlt-eating grin on their face.
  • Mantic Jason 2012/12/25 07:41:10 (edited)
    Mantic
    +1
    As a nonbeliever, I don't think anyone speaks for me but myself. Or you for yourself. This is not an organized religion with complex tenets of belief or even a club.

I personally don't mind the trappings of Christianity, or Judaism, or any other religion. I think it's a shame that the city can't decorate the streets for Christmas anymore, because that was one of the nicest of my childhood memories, seeing the whole town decorated with a single organized holiday theme (I also believe it was an attraction that drew shoppers to the old downtown).

The real true believers take more offense at decked-out fir trees and Santa Clauses than I ever could, but they don't organize and petition the government trying to spoil their neighbors' fun just because they don't like the secular or pagan symbols. Heck, they don't even try to bring the law down on Halloween, which most of them agree on being offensive (I dig that one too, btw).

So quit claiming on my behalf that "we ABSOLUTELY do not want to participate." If you don't, and an overwhelming majority of your fellow citizens (including nonbelievers like me) do, you've been fairly outvoted. Just like you still have to pay the local taxes that you didn't vote for, which go to maintaining roads or services you never use.
  • Jason Mantic 2012/12/26 00:27:23
    Jason
    +1
    That is sad that where you live can't have decorations. Around where I live there are tons! I have absolutely no problem with the pagan decorations! I enjoy all that very much!

2014/10/25 04:33:18