It's the Constitution, My Friends!!!!

Andrew 2012/08/21 09:48:12
You're Right, Andrew!  The Constitution and Liberty MUST Be Restored!
You're Wrong, Andrew!  The Constitution Doesn't Work in the Modern World!
I Disagree Because ..... Is a More Pressing Problem!
As the electoral season draws nearer Decision Day, I am increasingly concern with our shallow thinking in regard to our choices for who will govern this land. There are a myriad of reasons why individuals here on Sodahead are backing the candidate of their choice. For many, it is the economy and jobs. For others, it is healthcare. Still others look at national security and energy and see these as the most pressing issue of our day. Then we have those who base their voting upon race, gender or religion, simply wanting to break the next "glass ceiling" and for that reason alone! What seems to be lost in the shuffle is, in my opinion the most important element of all, the Constitution of the United States!

You see, if it weren't for the Constitution, all of the above issues and reasons would not exist! Were it not for the liberty guaranteed by the Constitution and especially the first ten amendments, we would be as other nations of the world, seeking to immigrate somewhere where the opportunity to succeed were greater. Americans are not flooding our ports seeking for an exit. (At least not yet) Sure a few desire to go and live abroad in exotic locations, but most Americans are quite content with our economic opportunity, our security, our freedom of speech and the right to believe as our conscience dictates without fear of oppression. We cherish the right to bear arms and defend our homes against those who would intrude upon our domain and hrt our loved ones and steal our goods. The bottom line is that all of the reasons in paragraph one, minus the frivolous "race, gender and religion", are the result of our departure from the precepts set forth in the Constitution.

I do not want the next president or Congress to give me anything. They cannot give me something, without first taking it from me because government produces NOTHING! I want them to take their hands off what is mine and let me once again determine how my money will be spent, how my family will behave, what I will believe and who in this life that is destitute deserves my charity! I want LIBERTY above everything and if they return to me the liberty that was mine in the first place, all the other problems this country has will right themselves! No, we won't have perfection! But, this nation grew from one of the poorest nations on earth to the most abundant based on LIBERTY in just 175 years. Now, as we depart further from it, we are in decline!

Wake up, my friends! It is not the economy, national security, jobs or healthcare. IT IS LIBERTY AND THE CONSTITUTION WHICH CAN AND WILL BRING US TO PROSPERITY AGAIN!

• rocat 2012/08/23 02:23:02
    You're Right, Andrew! The Constitution and Liberty MUST Be Restored!
    rocat
    +5
    as i have often said...

issues divide...
    principles unite-

stellar job here...andrew-
    you nailed it dead on-

• Pyro-82 2012/08/31 16:35:21
    Pyro-82
    +1
    I am an independent and a Constatutionalist.
    These basic rules and outlines should be amended cautiously if at all.
  • Andrew Pyro-82 2012/09/01 03:03:44 (edited)
    Always proceed with cauton when considering change! Remember the 2008 elections. Sometimes change can be disasterous!
  • Pyro-82 Andrew 2012/09/01 22:44:07
    Pyro-82
    Heh
    Yes, I do quite remember.
    And this election will most likely be just as bad, unfortunantly.
  • Striker 2012/08/29 16:36:57
    Striker
    I'll just give you a quote from Doug Casey:
    "As much as I like Ron's solution of observing the Constitution – the entire Constitution – it's not realistic in the totally corrupt political system we now have. Any part of the Constitution that deals with maintaining liberty for the individual against the state – which is to say the important parts of the document, the parts that made it unique – are now meaningless. In fact, anyone who quotes the Constitution now runs the risk of being jailed, in the interest of "national security," as a subversive, a dangerous anti-government radical or perhaps sent to an institution for psychiatric procedures. I kid you not; things have changed radically in the US over the past few decades."
    It's part of the source for my article
    http://no-ruler.net/2347/doug...
  • Andrew Striker 2012/08/30 01:06:31
    The Founding Fathers were willing to take that risk. I wonder if their are many who today will do the same!
  • Striker Andrew 2012/08/30 01:48:27
    Striker
    Damn few, I'm afraid. The Left found the holes, and with things as they are since 2008 or 2006, it would be dangerous to try to fix it at this time. We're pretty well screwed.
  • Andrew Striker 2012/08/30 08:53:54
    +1
    It was dangerous in 1776 as well.
  • Striker Andrew 2012/08/30 14:46:26
    Striker
    Nothing on the Constitution will happen until after the election.
    Only Libertarians offer any hope of bring it back and fixing anything, but I admit being skeptical; America seems irreparable both morally and economically.
  • Andrew Striker 2012/08/31 10:18:44
    I believe the only lasting hope for this country is a spiritual revivial, and with God, ALL things ARE possible! Without Him,however, there is no hope!
  • LibertyCaroline 2012/08/29 16:25:54
    LibertyCaroline
    +2
    Absolutely, great post!
  • Andrew Liberty... 2012/08/30 01:06:54
    +1
    Thanks, LibertyCaroline!
  • Dagon 2012/08/23 18:21:01
  • Andrew Dagon 2012/08/30 01:05:34
    +1
    I could not agree more. It is sad that so many Americans cannot see anything but the surface symptoms our departure from that great document has caused!
  • TuringsChild 2012/08/23 18:06:00
    TuringsChild
    +3
    Don't forget to rave Andrew's question. Er.... statement. We ALL need to be reminded that America became great not because of 'diversity', but because we are UNIFIED behind the Constitution. That document freed enough human energy to drag the world out of the horse-and-buggy era and into the Space Age. Let's not forget that.
  • Andrew Turings... 2012/08/23 19:10:48
    +2
    Astute observation!
  • Boris D. 2012/08/23 13:43:21
    Boris D.
    +2
    Obama views our Constitutional a list of "negative liberties" because it details what the government can't do to you, not what they (he) "must do on your behalf".

He won't let the Constitution stop him from dictating his agenda through executive orders et al, bypassing Congress and the courts.
  • rocat 2012/08/23 02:23:02
    rocat
    +5
    as i have often said...

issues divide...
    principles unite-

stellar job here...andrew-
    you nailed it dead on-
  • Andrew rocat 2012/08/23 09:51:18
    +5
    Thanks and pass this along because not many are awake as early as I am and it got buried!!
  • rocat Andrew 2012/08/23 17:32:02
  • JMCC 2012/08/21 10:50:52
    JMCC
    +1
    Yet maybe it needs revision to reflect the changing needs of the US?

After all it was created at a time when there were new frontiers and no policing in many territories, does that accurately reflect the situation now?

Equally I wonder if any party will repeal any laws that have restricted the freedom of individuals as it is a function of all governments not to relinquish control once they taken it...
  • Andrew JMCC 2012/08/21 18:39:08
    +2
    What needs to be changed?!
  • JMCC Andrew 2012/08/21 18:40:05
    JMCC
    That would be for the people of the US to decide wouldn't it?
  • Andrew JMCC 2012/08/21 18:43:03
    +3
    That's what amendments are all about!
  • JMCC Andrew 2012/08/21 18:46:24
    JMCC
    +1
    When was it last amended and the whole document reviewed?

I ask from ignorance, we in the UK have now a department of law lords reviewing laws on our statute books going through outdated legislature - all essentially amendments to Magna Carta...

There goal is to remove up to 500 pieces of outdated law a year... XD
  • Boris D. JMCC 2012/08/23 12:21:38
    Boris D.
    +4
    The constitution limits what government can do, or at least it is supposed to if they actually stuck to it.
    If anything, they are making more laws that restrict our freedom and straying further away from the constitution.
  • JMCC Boris D. 2012/08/23 12:25:53
    JMCC
    +1
    I agree, which is perhaps reason enough to review and strengthen it to protect the people from government encroachment on civil liberty.
  • Andrew JMCC 2012/08/23 19:10:01
    +1
    Bad idea with todays politicians!
  • JMCC Andrew 2012/08/23 19:13:48
    JMCC
    Perhaps it should be done by the people?
  • Andrew JMCC 2012/08/23 20:22:43
    +1
    The Constitution is timeless. It's precepts and protections need no reform. Only the twisting of the original intent needs to stop. The people can stop that by getting rid of the Progressives and Rinos who are constantly distorting the simple concepts contained in the Constitution.
  • JMCC Andrew 2012/08/23 20:24:38
    JMCC
    Are you certain that everybody feels the same way?
  • Andrew JMCC 2012/08/24 08:48:07
    Most do! Yes!

2014/10/24 12:15:14