It's Been 11 Years Since the 9/11 Attacks: Is America Safer Now Than It Was Back Then?

The Big Question 2012/09/11 08:00:00
Related Topics: 9/11, America

• FairLady smartgirl 2012/09/13 21:26:18
    FairLady
    +4
    Ha.. you are doomed already from your idol BO.
  • smartgirl FairLady 2012/09/13 21:39:49
    smartgirl
    Hey I live in Canada but if I lived in the USA I would have no desire to be ruled by a mormon leader. Not doomed my friend
  • mustang... smartgirl 2012/09/13 22:50:57
    mustangluver
    +3
    So you prefer a muslim leader? A commie leader? BOs father was a commie muslim..like father like son. Your healthcare is so bad your ppl come here to escape..i have 5 Canadian neighbors so i know.
  • smartgirl mustang... 2012/09/13 23:00:24
    smartgirl
    Sorry but I don't even think about it before I go to the doctor. I have three older relatives who have been fitted with pace makers. The cost ?? zero. I have a brother who is married to an American woman and he lives in Iowa. When he became sick the hospital in his town turned him away and sent him to another hospital an hour away because his insurance was not accepted at the nearest hospital. How I wish he would come back to Canada so he wouldn't have to worry about any hospital refusing him. Yeah we pay high taxes but it is so worth it.
    I don't know how you connect Islam and Communism. They are two totally different things yet you insist on merging them together.
    I don't get it.
  • mustang... smartgirl 2012/09/15 16:56:56
    mustangluver
    +1
    My 5 Canadian neighbors say something completely diff then you. My one neighbor said her mother would have died in Canada waiting for the tests she needed and then waiting for the surgery. BOs father was a commie muslim. You don't know there are commie muslims?
  • smartgirl mustang... 2012/09/15 22:55:42
    smartgirl
    I guess different people have different experiences but I find the medical system we have to be great. It's not worrying about how much it's going to cost that gives us freedom.
  • mustang... smartgirl 2012/09/16 07:12:24
    mustangluver
    Freedom to wait on extremely long lines for tests and surgery? So who is paying for your no cost health care?
  • smartgirl mustang... 2012/09/16 17:00:41
    smartgirl
    I never had a problem. Never been turned away from any hospital.
  • mustang... smartgirl 2012/09/16 19:08:25
    mustangluver
    I didn't say get turned away. I said, very long lines for testing and surgery.
  • smartgirl mustang... 2012/09/16 19:42:26
    smartgirl
    Like I said before three people in my family were fitted with pace makers and the wait was not long at all. My sister has two special needs children who have heart conditions and the care they received was excellent and prompt. No long waits. Maybe your Canadian friends had different experiences but not in my family. I appreciate the excellent care they have received. I have parents in their 80's and they too have gotten excellent care from our system. I wouldn't trade it for yours. Free health care is worth a little bit of a wait. But honestly none have them have waited for long. We don't have to worry about how it is going to get paid for.
  • mustang... smartgirl 2012/09/17 03:49:15
    mustangluver
    +1
    Well, you didn't say how long the wait was. There is no wait here. No, you are so so wrong..free is not worth the wait if you die while waiting. I would rather pay then wait. You don't seem to care you're using tax payers money for your free health care that's why you're taxes are so high. Nothing in this world is free. Someone is paying and i don't want to pay for others health care!
  • smartgirl mustang... 2012/09/17 04:06:57
    smartgirl
    The wait was not excessive. Not at all. I have no problem with our taxes at all. And we can not be turned away or be uninsured because of a pre existing condition. I know you have this problem with getting insured in your country. We all pay for health but our standard of living is fine. Glad you can pay for your own health care but that is not the case here. We all pay and it works just fine. Glad it works for you but I am glad and proud to live in
    Canada.
    I have no problem using taxpayer money since I rarely go to the doctor and I pay my share of taxes. And while our taxes are high I doubt they are much higher than yours.
  • mustang... smartgirl 2012/10/23 17:20:28
    mustangluver
    Then why do we have so many Canadians here in Fl that say they had to get away from the horrible healthcare in Canada? And from suffocating prices like a pack of cigs is like$13.00?
  • smartgirl mustang... 2012/10/23 21:20:22
    smartgirl
    cigs are 850 for a small pack and 10 for large. Someone's giving you the wrong info
  • smartgirl smartgirl 2012/10/23 21:21:06
    smartgirl
    I smoke and agree with the high prices. It's all tax to help healthcare. If I smoke I should pay.
  • mustang... smartgirl 2012/10/24 04:05:16
    mustangluver
    My friends all say it depends on what providence you're in but...cigarettes are almost double the price in Canada than in the States. A 25-pack of cigarettes costs around $12 in Canada, but a 20-pack of cigarettes in the United States is only around $5. To be fair, cigarettes are taxed heavily in Canada, with the cost of cigarettes boasting taxes of 63 to 79% compared to New Yorkers, for example, who only pay 38%. That means around $7.50 to $9.50 of that $12 cost of a 25-pack of cigarettes in Canada is going just to taxes. If you live in Ontario, don't forget that added tax of $5 per carton that was enacted to deter smoking. I pay $13 a pack..
  • smartgirl mustang... 2012/10/24 05:43:06
    smartgirl
    It's a sin tax. I have no problem with that. I live in Toronto, one of the more expensive cities in Ontario and I pay $9 tops for a small pack but many stores sell them for 8. A large pack is 10 and change. So yes I know the prices of ciggies in Ontario. Who ya talking to?
  • mustang... smartgirl 2012/10/25 16:42:20
    mustangluver
    I told you, Canadians that moved here. My one neighbor is a snow bird, she is very rich, so the prices in Canada don't move her.
  • smartgirl mustang... 2012/09/18 00:49:18
    smartgirl
    This is how it works. And you will see that only British Columbia pay monthly premiums.
    Health care in Canada
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Under Lester Pearson's Liberal government, Canada's health care was expanded through the Medical Care Act, or Medicare, to provide near universal coverage to all Canadians 'according to their need for such services and irrespective of their ability to pay'. [1].
    Health care in Canada is delivered through a publicly funded health care system, which is mostly free at the point of use and has most services provided by private entities.[2] It is guided by the provisions of the Canada Health Act of 1984.[3] The government assures the quality of care through federal standards. The government does not participate in day-to-day care or collect any information about an individual's health, which remains confidential between a person and his or her physician. Canada's provincially based Medicare systems are cost-effective partly because of their administrative simplicity. In each province each doctor handles the insurance claim against the provincial insurer. There is no need for the person who accesses health care to be involved in billing and reclaim. Private insurance is only a minimal part of the overall health care system.
    Competitive pract...
    Health care in Canada
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Competitive practices such as advertising are kept to a minimum, thus maximizing the percentage of revenues that go directly towards care. In general, costs are paid through funding from income taxes, except in British Columbia, the only province to impose a fixed monthly premium which is waived or reduced for those on low incomes.[4] There are no deductibles on basic health care and co-pays are extremely low or non-existent (supplemental insurance such as Fair Pharmacare may have deductibles, depending on income). A health card is issued by the Provincial Ministry of Health to each individual who enrolls for the program and everyone receives the same level of care.[5] There is no need for a variety of plans because virtually all essential basic care is covered, including maternity and infertility problems. Depending on the province, dental and vision care may not be covered but are often insured by employers through private companies. In some provinces, private supplemental plans are available for those who desire private rooms if they are hospitalized. Cosmetic surgery and some forms of elective surgery are not considered essential care and are generally not covered. These can be paid out-of-pocket or through private insurers. Health coverage is not affected by loss or change of jobs, as long as premiums are up to date, and there are no lifetime limits or exclusions for pre-existing conditions.
    Pharmaceutical medications are covered by public funds for the elderly or indigent,[6] or through employment-based private insurance. Drug prices are negotiated with suppliers by the federal government to control costs. Family physicians (often known as general practitioners or GPs in Canada) are chosen by individuals. If a patient wishes to see a specialist or is counseled to see a specialist, a referral can be made by a GP. Preventive care and early detection are considered important and yearly checkups are encouraged. Early detection not only extends life expectancy and quality of life, but cuts down overall costs.[citation needed]
  • SunShine smartgirl 2012/09/17 23:12:50
    SunShine
    +1
    how much it costs?? you are referring to what you pay monthly or annually for your coverage.. but you are not considering the cost that is built into the tax system to actually PAY for the system.. and it is getting higher and higher and they are working on changes that will help but that may mean higher costs per month or less services included in your coverage..
  • FairLady smartgirl 2012/09/14 00:40:11
    FairLady
    +3
    You are not a bigot, are you? What about if Romney was Jewish?
  • smartgirl FairLady 2012/09/14 03:26:48
    smartgirl
    god no. I'm not a bigot. But you must admit the mormons have questionable practices, one of them being forcing young girls to marry old men and be one of several wives. I do agree that they're not all like that but it's probably a lot to do with the law. I like Jewish people just fine. Many of the entertainers in Hollywood that I follow are Jewish.I wouldn't care if a jew ran for office but I imagine there would be a lot of people just like you opposing it. Doubt the republicans would endorse a Jewish person.
  • mustang... smartgirl 2012/09/16 07:14:56
    mustangluver
    That's not just Mormons who practice polygamy. So do all the middle easterners..(muslims) But Romney obviously has but one wife. I'll take the Mormon over the moron any day.
  • SunShine smartgirl 2012/09/17 23:18:50
    SunShine
    +1
    omg.. that is not part of Mormonism but a sect that was into polygamy.. they still exist in a few places.. there are several in British Columbia that I know of.. but they are no longer any part of the Mormon Church.. And what kind of bigotted statement is that.. your last sentence.??? you should be ashamed.. and I won't even ask you why you would make such a stupid comment..
  • mustang... smartgirl 2012/10/24 04:09:19
    mustangluver
    Get real. Mormons are not the only ones in the world that practice polygamy..You'll even find it in the Bible..how many wives did Bible men have. I would endorse any religion but Islam!!!
  • SunShine smartgirl 2012/09/14 02:40:59
    SunShine
    +2
    do you understand what communism is?? that is where obama wants to take this country.. and no .. I did not make this up nor did I guess at it.. it is the result of 4 years of research about him and his background.. I lived under communism in East Germany and I know no American or Canadian that would accept living under those conditions.
  • smartgirl SunShine 2012/09/14 03:27:50
    smartgirl
    But communism and Islam are different. Wouldn't you agree? That's all I was saying.
  • Pearlie... smartgirl 2012/09/14 03:45:53
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +1
    PLEASE STAY IN CANADA......
  • mustang... smartgirl 2012/09/13 22:48:23
    mustangluver
    +3
    We would more then willing to see you list of what BO has done for this nation..
  • FairLady smartgirl 2012/09/14 01:54:08
    FairLady
    +2
    You know SG... if Pearlie's experience hasn't taught you anything , I have no more interest to dispute with you. We are way too polarazed.
    Good bye..
  • smartgirl FairLady 2012/09/14 02:07:41
    smartgirl
    Great. I win
  • SunShine smartgirl 2012/09/14 02:43:39
    SunShine
    +2
    you haven't won anything.. you are sad to tell you the truth..you are certainly old enough to do your own thinking and searching for the truth should be part of how you decide your life decisions.. obviously you haven't been doing that or you would not offer support for a lying, racist, marxist/commie.. Go and find out for yourself. I don't expect you to believe me.. but I could give you some information to check out if you wish.
  • Cindy64... smartgirl 2012/09/14 03:26:02 (edited)
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    NO YOU HAVE NOT WON !!! IS THAT WHAT YOU LIBS THINK THIS IS A WIN......Glad you do live in Canada we have enough WACKO LIBS HERE!! You support a TERRORIST, MUSLIM , LIES 24/7, A CROOK, ANTI-AMERICAN, MARXIST/COMMIE ,AND A RACIST! You were blinders on and stay blind to TRUE FACTS !! 3 blind mice
  • smartgirl Cindy64... 2012/09/14 03:35:36
    smartgirl
    Whoa. I think I'll go and cry now. I also do my research and you idiots blow everything out of proportion. I were blinders on? What the hell does that mean. Don't you have spell check? I love the way you idiots use upper case letters when you are riled. It's been the subject of many comedians. Idiot. I'm glad to be in Canada as well. Our right wingers are not dumb ass lunatics like you.
  • Pearlie... FairLady 2012/09/13 22:01:00
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +5
    YOU are right , people who are still drunk on the kool aid will not see the truth cause they are hook on the messiah..But he is not the Messiah this time around. If Obama was doing so great ,he should be high in the polls, he has the Obama media, the Hollywood Libs, the Rappers, etc....They put Romney down with all the neg ads about felony and murderer and Romney is right up there in the polls with Obama...It back fired on Obama.

Romney is the new one, many people don't remember he ran in 2008, Everyone knows who Obama is and he is not doing great ...and they know it.

Clint Eastwood said in Vanity Fair Magazine, Obama wants to be President so bad, He would rig the election.....He is not winning......In the End Romney will win cause Romney is up there is the polls.....Woo hoo...
  • smartgirl Pearlie... 2012/09/13 22:35:35
    smartgirl
    I love Clint Eastwood but the news had great fun poking fun at him. Are you from another country? Your language and grammar are flawed.
  • Cindy64... Pearlie... 2012/09/14 03:26:54
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    So TRUE!!!
  • smartgirl FairLady 2012/09/14 02:01:08
  • smartgirl FairLady 2012/09/13 20:53:03
    smartgirl
    Yeah yeah. I've heard it all before. Right wing Propaganda.
  • mustang... smartgirl 2012/09/13 22:52:32
    mustangluver
    +2
    Define propaganda..

2014/10/21 05:35:57