It took two nanoseconds for the Left to blame Palin and "right-wing rhetoric" for the Giffords shooting. Now they whine like babies when they get a taste of their own medicine.

RJ~PWCM~JLA 2012/12/16 15:30:17
It took the Left about two nanoseconds (maybe one, my stopwatch isn't that precise) to blame Sarah Palin, and "right wing rhetoric", for the Giffords shooting.

Now they whine like the little babies they are when their policies and views are blamed for the conditions that make the Connecticut school shooting possible.

The Left sure can dish it out, but it damned well can't take it.

Who systematically removed God from the public square? The Left.

Who told us that there's no such thing as right and wrong? The Left.

Who insisted that "morality" is up to each individual? The Left.

Who sued school children for praying in school. Or for thanking God in their valedictory address? The Left.

Who preached that every form of living arrangement is a valid "family", and is equally beneficial for children? The Left.

Who glorifies Ultraviolence, and every form of perversion known to mankind, in the entertainment it produces? The Left.

Who pushed the use of psychotropic drugs on children as young as three? The Left.

And now that the Left's chickens are coming home to roost, the Left wants to deny its responsibility.

Well that's just too damned bad. We won't let you get away with denying your responsibility for the damned mess we call America. At least not here on SH.

The Left needs to stop crying, and accept responsibility for its destruction of Civil Society in America, which created the conditions that make these shootings possible.

The sooner the Left admits its culpability, and apologizes to the rest of the nation, the sooner we can all work together to begin finding solutions.

.

• Dwight PWCM 2012/12/17 09:54:43
    Dwight PWCM
    +15
    I lay a great part of the violence to the Left for having reduced the value of human life to that of any other animal. And sometimes lower than that of an animal.

• MARIDOTS 2013/01/03 23:16:31
    MARIDOTS
    We do need to keep it real, keep God in school and teach morality at home. Its kinda hard to teach morality at school when teachers are doing so much molesting themselves. The left never takes responsibility when things go wrong.
  • Darth Bane - Libertarian 4 ... 2013/01/03 19:39:14
  • lkreu Darth B... 2013/01/03 22:01:54
    lkreu
    This is a mental health problem. She knew he had issues and was going to have him committed. She should not of taken up guns as a hobby with him, but she did the right thing.
  • Lefty 2013/01/03 13:53:44
    Lefty
    What medicine do you refer too?
  • Giantfan 2013/01/03 13:30:06
    Giantfan
    Only two nanoseconds, we're slowing down. We have Palin and Bush on the "blame' speed dial. Both aren't smart enough to know what they are being blamed for or even if they did do it. They are perfect targets. Get it. Targets. I think it took you way longer than 2 nanoseconds to "get that one".
  • MARIDOTS Giantfan 2013/01/03 23:15:06
    MARIDOTS
    I truly believe that some people do have Bush and Palin on their speed dials for pointing fingers of blame... well get the hell over it. Your comments are not becoming at all to the person you are Giant. If you could be president and do better than Bush, why aren't you? And if you could govern the state of Alaska and make it profitable why haven't you? Blame is easy to do, solutions are more difficult. I ask you for solutions, not more blame. the big 0 is the winner for playing the blame game. JMHO of course
  • Giantfan MARIDOTS 2013/01/04 00:36:43
    Giantfan
    I was joking. Please loosen up a little. I liked Bush I didn't agree with many of his policies I'll be honest I think Palin is a fraud intellectually that is but the hate that comes from the right well that's my problem, it's just pure hate.
    The closest I came to governing Alaska was living there. I think there is a good book for you to read. Ever hear of the book, "Blind Allegience" by Frank Baily? Read it and then get back with me and we'll discuss Mrs. Palin.
  • MARIDOTS Giantfan 2013/01/10 00:16:26
    MARIDOTS
    +1
    I have not heard of the book you mentioned, but will look into it. I think Sarah Palin shook up a lot of people, and that happened for a reason. A lot of what she had to say shook them to their roots, it rang true. People don't always like to hear the truth. Don't hate people Giant.. it takes too much energy, dislike, but don't hate. I also like Bush and didn't agree with all his decisions, but I did like him and respect him as a man and as a president.
  • Giantfan MARIDOTS 2013/01/10 03:33:16
    Giantfan
    +1
    I really don't hate anyone but I hate things people do. There is a difference. I really didn't like Cheney but I honestly think Palin is not the intellectual righties think she is. You must read that book. It's on Amazon if you'd like to check it out. A friend from here on Sodahead sent it to me when they finished it. That and Going Rogue.
  • dru dixon 2013/01/02 22:21:50
    dru dixon
    I think God belongs in your family and church not schools! I was taught good decent morals from my parents and my church! When a shooter becomes that sick all of God's teaching are gone from his head!
  • lkreu 2013/01/02 19:36:24
    lkreu
    What does prayer is school have to do with a psycho who needed mental health care and using a automatic weapon (that only the military and police should have)? What liberals have glorified ultra violence? This boy came from a family of a mother and a father so that has nothing to do with it? Morality is up to the individual, God has given us free will - its up to you what you do with it. WOW!
  • Mj PINKYFINGERDOWN 2013/01/02 18:19:32
    I find nothing wrong with their claims, but whining is only human.
  • Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL 2013/01/02 04:19:22
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    It's our fault for not giving up our God given liberties to their Big Brother Marxist-Leninist-Obamaist indoctrination. (Oops! Did I say "God" out loud?) Of course things would be better if we just roll over and be the willing slaves they want...
  • lkreu Patrick... 2013/01/02 19:38:13
    lkreu
    Don't even understand you thinking. The president is a christian and quotes scripture at these solemn events. Why do you think that we should shove our religious ideas down the throats of people with other beliefs?
  • Patrick... lkreu 2013/01/03 00:43:07
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    Of course you don't. I thin for myself, I don't rely on a party machine to tell me what to think. And I believe Obozo is about as much a Christian as he is a man from the moon. Be that as it may, where did you get "...shove our religious ideas..." from?!?! I didn't say any such thing. I'm a Libertarian; "do as you will and harm unto none."
  • lkreu Patrick... 2013/01/03 15:05:07
    lkreu
    Even if he weren't a christian what difference does it make. The founding fathers founded this country on religious freedom - they were deist - no even christian. Seems like a lot of people think if you are not a christian then there is something evil or wrong with you, sucks. By calling people names that is the same as doing harm unto them - so maybe you should practice what you preach.
  • Patrick... lkreu 2013/01/03 23:45:45
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    Well I didn't call him names, but I will if it pleases me. That is another right I have-so far. The way our Dear Leader, Chairman Maobama, is going that may be the next to go. But you are incredibly wrong, the Founders WERE Christians. They invoked God in all their works at the Constitutional Convention (which I think was a big mistake) as well as during the formulation of the revolution. Of course I am only making this supposition based on transcripts and notes taken during all of their deliberations and speeches as well as their writings... I forgot what I was told to believe during the hell on earth I lovingly call "public indoctrination and education."
  • Leslie Goudy 2013/01/02 03:58:50
    Leslie Goudy
    They are into projection and transference and never never never growing up
  • Frank 2013/01/02 00:08:37
    Frank
    +2
    Your hypothesis is ridiculous. This massacre has nothing to do- at all with the government not allowing the public school system to be used as tool to propagate the interests of one religious group.

Here are several thoughts that discredit the idea that this massacre is a direct result of not having prayer or God in schools.

1. I live less than 1 hour away from Nickel Mine Pennsylvania. There is an Amish community there- as is throughout Lancaster County. The Amish are known to be both extremely traditional and religious. Their lives are dedicated to God. The Amish schools are not public schools- they are private- and religious schools. In 2006 Charles Roberts shot 10 girls ages 6-13 with a 9mm handgun. 5 died. I'm sure you remember the incident. Robert's wife was in a Bible study at the time. The Amish made national headlines with their devotion to God and their emphasis on forgiveness and reconciliation.

This defies your logic that lack of prayer in schools will prevent shootings- since this was a very religious community and school. The prayer in the Amish schools and Robert's own Christian upbringing did nothing to prevent this tragedy.

2. The worst school massacre in US history happened in Bath MI in 1927. Many years before there were Supreme court rulings concernin...

2. The worst school massacre in US history happened in Bath MI in 1927. Many years before there were Supreme court rulings concerning prayer in public schools. 38 Children and 6 adults were killed and 58 others were injured when Andrew Kehoe - a farmer who was disgruntled about property taxes used to pay for public schools (he was school board treasurer) ignited bombs that he had planted under the school. He also blew up his truck killing himself and the school superintendent and a survivor of the initial blast. This isn't new.

As far as Palin is concerned- I never blamed Palin, but I thought the airing or Gabrielle Gifford’s response to the placing of rifle scope targets on her district (and others) was completely appropriate. She said that when you use that kind of rhetoric- you need to be aware of the responsibility that using that kind of rhetoric carries with it. And I agree with that statement.

Palin's response was the end of her career. I would post it- but even though I am not a fan of Palin- it is just too embarrassing to watch. She seemed to be most upset about her image in the wake of the tragedy- and seemed to believe that freedom of speech means that one is constitutionally protected from being criticized for what one says or does. Of course her critics are exercising their free speech.

The attitude expressed in your question is not really about having an intelligent discussion on the issues. This is not just a reaction to this one massacre. This massacre is just the final straw - where I think most Americans have had enough of the insanity. Conservatives, Liberals Independents.
  • lkreu Frank 2013/01/02 19:39:43
    lkreu
    +2
    Well said. The statement here makes no sense about liberals and God, all nonsense.
  • Giantfan lkreu 2013/01/03 13:37:37
    Giantfan
    +1
    If all these conservatives are so religious and praying all the time why do these bad things keep happening to them and us? You'd think God would have heard them and answered their prayers already wouldn't you? We put too much belief in prayer and we don't put enough common sense into our lives or actions. These problems can be fixed by man with a little intelligence and logic but God isn't going to help man because that takes man helping himself and they'd rather blame the lack of God in schools for the problem rather then the real problem. The ones they created themselves with guns.
  • lkreu Giantfan 2013/01/03 19:35:40
    lkreu
    +1
    Good statement - God gives us free will - its up to us what we do with it.
  • Giantfan lkreu 2013/01/03 19:37:17 (edited)
    Giantfan
    +1
    Finally someone on here who understands that. You're a breath of fresh air for me. Go Lions.....
  • lkreu Giantfan 2013/01/03 22:02:48
    lkreu
    +1
    Thank you.
  • charles nelson 2013/01/01 23:40:35
    charles nelson
    Who cares.... f*dge the blame and stop the blood....and wait for a war... then you can have some fun.
  • JoLost 2013/01/01 22:12:56
    JoLost
    I agree with you, religion seems to be the motivation behind every malicious act of violence and the practice of it should be outlawed in public view, if not completely.

Its a divisive form of morality conditioning that leaves nothing but grief and violence in its wake for the sake of the unproven existence of one or more deity.

I support your campaign to amend the protections of the first amendment to ban the practice of religion in public places or in public view.

Long live the Republic of the United States...

Goddamn left and its "bill of rights" afterthought inclusion

LOL
  • Mrkando 2013/01/01 21:47:37
    Mrkando
    You rant and rave about something you seem to know very little about. To label all the bad things on the left only reflects your personal hatred because it has very little to do with the left's agenda. Shame on you!
  • COMALite J 2013/01/01 21:13:42 (edited)
    COMALite J
    +3
    So, how do you explain the demonstrable historical fact that there were similar and even worse school mass killings before prayer was taken out of schools, with the worst ever (by body count, single-handedly surpassing the combined grand total of the Texas University Tower Sniper, Columbine, Virginia Tech, and Sandy Hook! And, like Sandy Hook but unlike the other three, the victims were mostly young elementary-school children!) disaster caused by deliberate human action (if not specific intent to kill — I speak of the Our Lady of Angels school arson [oh, by the way, that was a specifically Christian private parochial school!]) happened in 1958, right at the peak of evangelical Christian power and influence in America!?

This was, remember, in the same ½ decade that saw “under God” being inserted into the Pledge of Allegiance (against the express intentions of its Christian minister author!) and “In God We Trust” replacing “E Pluribus Unum” as our National Motto and appearing for the first time on U.S. paper currency!
  • daany Boy COMALite J 2013/01/01 22:40:27
    daany Boy
    +1
    Are confusing the hype with Facts again?
  • COMALite J daany Boy 2013/01/02 01:15:49
    COMALite J
    +1
    Sorry. I know it’s a bad habit of mine.
  • Country Gentleman 2013/01/01 20:50:27
    Country Gentleman
    +1
    Touché!
  • al 2013/01/01 19:09:13
    al
    +3
    This post is more of a rant against the left, it makes no point other than somebody hates the left? Socokid hit the nail on the head!!
  • joefj2 2013/01/01 18:22:30
    joefj2
    They can not admit to any wrong doing because of their deep rooted beliefs. The Nazis did all those atrocities for the good of the German race, and the progressives will likewise follow suit.
  • socokid joefj2 2013/01/01 19:16:42
    socokid
    +2
    Very nicely done. Godwin would be proud!

Suggesting that protecting the wealthy elite is the same as what happened in Nazi Germany, is freakishly insane.

Suggesting the US is going to start firing up furnaces to fix the "brown people" problem, is even worse. Genocide would probably not garner many votes from either side in Congress. (ahem)

We live in one of the most free, "by the people", democratic republics on Earth. We regenerate our leaders every few years. You should want to win over your fellow Americans, and their vote, through good arguments. "Obama = Hitler!" has the exact opposite affect. People will start to assume anything that comes out of your mouth otherwise is the stuff of crazy people.
  • joefj2 socokid 2013/01/01 19:30:36
    joefj2
    If you would listen to the rhetoric of the left as a total, you will realize. Our rights and freedoms have been slowly fading , and not just through liberal, but also through conservative efforts remember bad company corrupts good character, and for over one hundred years this progressive monster has been wondering the halls of our Capital. So continue trusting in that one vote of yours, (do not take me wrong for I to trust in my one vote) but do not put nothing beyond the reach of a tyrannical government. At one point even the German people were of sound mind...
  • socokid joefj2 2013/01/01 21:42:02
    socokid
    +1
    but do not put nothing beyond the reach of a tyrannical government...
    ..by the people.

As opposed to the tyrannical use of treasonous force through the removal of the power of our vote, by extremists with guns that simply didn't like for whom the people voted?

No thanks!
  • Giantfan joefj2 2013/01/03 13:44:36
    Giantfan
    Just like with little children there are rules that must be followed for the benefit of the people for their safety and protection. The government sets these rules. It's not taking any personal freedom from you as you are fee to leave and live anywhere in the world you choose to. The problem is you're like a spoiled child who wants to have everything his own way with no rules from his parents. Without rules there will be chaos. We are seeing that now with all these killings.
  • joefj2 Giantfan 2013/01/03 21:58:04
    joefj2
    Lilliputian ropes
    You may draw your on conclusion.
  • Giantfan joefj2 2013/01/04 00:42:34
    Giantfan
    My conclusion is that you are showing a picture (drawing) of a fantasy. It's make believe.

2014/09/21 14:16:54