Is Will Smith a sell-out because he's against higher taxes?

912er 2012/05/23 03:05:35
Will Smith is SHOCKED when he hears what the "European Model" on taxes is. Does that make him a sell-out?

• James 2012/05/25 02:13:11
    NO. He's just a typical Liberal who doesn't understand a whole lot...
    James
    Sometimes the truth has a tendency to blow up in your face. It's a learning experience.....
  • Cthulhu 2012/05/23 06:56:02 (edited)
    Cthulhu
    I'm not so worried about Will Smith.

I was just thinking though, if the US stopped spending so much money on defense, other NATO countries would have to compensate to achieve the same level of diplomatic leverage, so they would all suffer cutbacks in their social programs while we save money.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/05/23 03:58:32 (edited)
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    I watched the tape and he's NOT against paying a higher tax. Tell the truth.

Will Smith: I have no issue with paying taxes and whatever needs to be done for my country to grow. I believe very firmly that my ability to sit here—I'm a black man who didn't go to college, yet I get to travel around the world and sell my movies, and I believe very firmly that America is the only place on Earth that I could exist. So I will pay anything that I need to pay to keep my country growing. . . .

Interviewer: Do you know how much in France you would have to pay on earnings above one million euros [under new French President Francois Hollande's proposal]? Not 30%. 75%.

Smith: 75?! Yeah, that's different, that's different. Yeah, 75. Well, you know, God bless America.

• 912er ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/05/23 13:30:57
    912er
    +1
    TRANSLATION: Thank God that America is only 35%.

2014/09/02 01:56:30