Is US District Judge Susan Bolton ruling against Arizona illegal?

drew 2010/08/20 20:52:57

US District Judge Susan Bolton made rulings against what some call key parts of Arizona’s new immigration law (SB 1070). It was hailed that Judge Bolton actually gutted SB 1070.

In her virtual removal of the so called profiling safety net incorporated in SB 1070, law enforcement are now back to enforcing federal law as they have done for years. By her ruling, Judge Bolton may have actually given SB 1070 more teeth.

She also ruled that immigrants/aliens are not required to carry their papers at all times. This is in direct contravention to federal law that has been on the books for 70 years. This will most likely be overturned on appeal.

Read More: http://www.newpatriotjournal.com/Articles/Is_US_Di...

• Barbara Hasler 2010/08/21 02:04:38 (edited)
    Barbara Hasler
    +4
    The idea that it is discrminatory to ask for identification is absurd. We all carry identification with us at all times. Even our Costco cards have our pictures on them. I would say she is discriminating against the general population who have to show ID all the time. This is a progressive unfounded decision and she ought to be ashamed of it.

I have noticed that the upper courts are starting to take a constitutional look and issues more than before. Pay or go to jail mandates from the Health Care mess were give cause for litigation in Virginia. I hope the judicial branch sits up and starts taking notice of Little Caesar and his attempts to by pass the legislative and judicial branches of the government. He showed his true self when he hurled a blatant insult at the Supreme Court in his State of the Union Address. I am left pondering just who does the creep think he is? I respect the office of the president but not the president. Presidents serve the people, this one serves himself and his whacky czars. We, the people are just stooges in his eyes. In November he may find out who runs the government and it is not him! Come January my fervent wish is that the walls of Washington will come tumbling down.

• u funny 2010/08/24 22:28:30
    u funny
    she just followed oboma's rule to do so
  • Don 2010/08/24 00:29:49
    Don
    Well.You got the Obama,Holder,Pelosi Supporters and THEN You got the American(LEGAL) Citizens.Including Legal Aliens...HMMMMM.I Would like to ask this.If the Obama Administration has done so much on Imigration,WHY is it 80% Less than during the Bush Administration???...Hmmm.With numbers around 5500 a year during the Bush Administration and around 1500 in the last 18 months? Illegal Imigrants Arrested and or Deported.I can't figure that out.
  • John "By God" American 2010/08/22 11:20:41
    John "By God" American
    Judges need to be the first to go...
  • GINGERBREAD 2010/08/21 10:35:05
    GINGERBREAD
    This is another smoke screen being used by the liberals, to hide the real problem. The real problem is MASSIVE GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION into our lives. These people are confusing the population by throwing all of these "problems" at us. We don't know where to turn, meanwhile they keep expanding the government, while we are too busy with these other "CRISISes". People, wake up, we are being inundated with all of these CRISIes in the front room, while the government is raping us in the back room, with all these other laws they are passing.
  • Red Branch 2010/08/21 04:53:09
    Red Branch
    +1
    It is a decision that she did not have the authority to make.
  • Sawdust_128 2010/08/21 04:22:19
    Sawdust_128
    +1
    I have had no doubt that what Bolton did was not the devistating blow as was claimed by the opposition. I read the law and I read the decision. If I were Brewer, I would have done exactly as she did. It neutralized all the potential violence from the left.
  • G19G22AR15 2010/08/21 03:46:27
    G19G22AR15
    +1
    she is being paid off. Either in monies or in her career...Dont trust the government and dont trust the judicial system. They let their own political beliefs interfere with their judgment.
    Barbara Hasler
    +4

• gunner 2010/08/21 00:50:58
    gunner
    +1
    Kind of looks like the judge went & done overstepped her authority. She went along with who signs her pay ckeck. Not who provides it.
  • Kiosk Kid 2010/08/21 00:08:33
    Kiosk Kid
    +1
    Immagration like the ground zero Mosque is a bucket of worm for Liberals. Of course, Obamacare, his slush fund, the economy, the unemploment numbers, the GDP numbers and the lies are also a bucket of worms .
  • JT For Political Reform 2010/08/20 23:02:46
    JT For Political Reform
    +1
    Another moron judge trying to make policy instead of upholding the law. If this is the type of law they are teaching these people in Harvard and Yale, maybe it's time those schools got some real heat.
  • Kane Fernau 2010/08/20 22:14:13
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    A Clinton appointed judge doing a fine job of being political not judicial.
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2010/08/20 21:56:36
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    I'm beginning to realize that judges aren't really so smart! They just get away with a lot because no one is watching. We little folk don't have the kind of money required to expose a judge's errors or omissions. It's kind of scary realizing that 'we' are subject to all kinds of inconsistencies.
  • Theresa 2010/08/20 21:40:27
    Theresa
    +2
    The ruling will be over turned but she did not cite the correct law in her ruling!
  • Red Branch Theresa 2010/08/21 04:52:24
    Red Branch
    +2
    Her position does not give her the authority to render a decision, so it should be null and void.
    BTW: The Feds ought to be reimbursing AZ for legal expenses.
  • DoingMyPart 2010/08/20 21:33:06
    DoingMyPart
    +2
    It is invalid because Article III, Section 2 of the Constitution say that cases where a State is a party, the Supreme Court, normally an appellate court, has ORIGINAL jurisdiction and would act like a trial court. Being that the case was U.S. v. Arizona and Arizona is a State, it should have gone directly to the Supreme Court. You would think the Liberals who say they love the Constitution so much and want to abide by its words would honor that if they even knew it. Apparently, they didn't learn much from Marbury v. Madison (1803).
  • johnc 2010/08/20 21:05:15
    johnc
    +3
    Alright.!!!!!!!

2014/09/17 05:37:46