Is this one of the Obama quotes that the democrats don't want to talk about?
Aurora 2012/08/10 19:49:13
- 12/5/11 – Hypocrite Vacationer - “Now is not
the time to slam the brakes on the recovery. Right now, it’s time to
step on the gas. We need to get this done. And I expect that it’s
going to get done before Congress leaves. Otherwise, Congress may not
be leaving, and we can all spend Christmas here together.” Then the president announced his 17-day Christmas vacation. Update: Obama smartly decided to stay home
and let his wife and daughters go without him. Kudos for that. But you
have to wonder what sort of man would say that and do that in the first
- 11/22/11 – Hoover Sucks - ” We’re not going to
win it if we just hand out more tax cuts to people who don’t need them,
let companies play by their own rules without any restriction, and we
just hope somehow that the success of the wealthiest few translates in
the prosperity for everybody else. We have tried that, by the way. We
tried it for 10 years. It’s part of what got into the mess that we’re
in. It doesn’t work. It didn’t work for Herbert Hoover, when it was
called trickle-down economics during the Depression. It didn’t work
between 2000 and 2008, and it won’t work today.” To quote Ed Morrissey at HotAir, “Obama is dead wrong. Data from the White House’s own website shows
that Hoover increased, rather than cut, spending in the Great
Depression, and ran up deficits that were huge by historical standards.
- 11/16/11 – Pass the Poi - “One other thing that I want to say about this: When I meet with world leaders, what’s striking — whether it’s in Europe or here in Asia.” Um, Hawaii is not in Asia.
- 11/14/11 – Lazy as a dog - “But we’ve been a
little bit lazy, I think, over the last couple of decades. We’ve kind of
taken for granted — well, people will want to come here and we aren’t
out there hungry, selling America and trying to attract new business
into America.” Ed Morrissey’s response:
“Gee, why wouldn’t people want to come to the US to invest? After all,
it’s not like we have a government expanding costly regulation at a
breakneck rate, or a President sounding the dog whistle for class
warfare, or his allies in the unions fomenting unrest aimed at financial
institutions, let alone a corporate tax code that makes investing in
Congress and the White House more lucrative than investing in American
business. The problem isn’t that America is lazy. It’s that we picked
bad leadership in 2008.”
- 11/9/11 – Oy Vay! - French President Sarkozy, ’I don’t want to see him anymore, he’s a liar.’ “Presidenet Obama, ‘You’ve had enough of him, but I have to deal with him every day!’ Stay classy, Mr. President.
- 10/17/11 – Sake kudasai! - Obama’s crack protocol team strikes again. A dinner to honor leader from South Korea features an all Japanese menu. I guess they all look the same, huh Barack?
- 10/11/11 – Get a job, work for free! - Given the chance to generate
an actual job, albeit short term, the Obama team fails miserably by
having a contest for free artwork. Why pay when you can steal for free? Official rules state “All submissions will become the property of Obama for America.”
- 10/7/11 – Losing money, but making it up in volume.
- ”At a White House press conference on Thursday, President Barack
Obama said the legislation he has proposed to create jobs could “grow the economy as much as 2 percent.” However, the White House estimates that the plan itself will cost $447 billion
— or 2.97 percent of the 2011 GDP of $15.012 trillion that is currently
projected by the federal Bureau of Economic Analysis.” For those not
good at math, gaining 2% by spending 3% is known as a loss.
- 9/23/11 – Define Violence. - During a UN speech Obama said “The
Qaddafi regime is over. Gbagbo, Ben Ali, Mubarak are no longer in
power. Osama bin Laden is gone, and the idea that change could only come
through violence has been buried with him.” As Ed Morrissey says,
“Qaddafi’s regime is only “over” — we hope — because NATO bombed the
hell out of his army and Libyans fought a war of rebellion for the last
several months. If Obama has forgotten, it would be strange indeed,
since he’s the man who ordered the bombing to start in the first place.
What is that if not “change through violence”?
- 9/22/11 – Balanced What? - In a Rose Garden speech about attacking our financial problems President Obama said “We can’t just cut our way out of this hole. It’s going to take a balanced approach.” But actual analysis of his proposal
shows that “When that $1.8 billion is removed from the equation, the
true nature of the president’s “deficit-reduction” “plan” is laid bare:
$1.4 trillion in net deficit reduction consisting of $150 billion in
spending increases combined with $1.6 trillion in tax increases.”
Where’s the balance? And don’t forget that Obama has said he won’t wait
for Congress if he doesn’t get his way. That’s not balance, that’s ego.
- 8/29/11 – Slow down there, farmer! - ”When a farmer
complained to Barack Obama two weeks ago at a townhall meeting about
rumors of regulations that would force him and his colleagues to get a
commercial driver’s license to operate his farm equipment, the President assured him that it was probably nothing. “Folks in Washington” like to get “ginned up” and shout “Look what’s coming down the pipe…” So Politico
decided to give it a try. When a Politico reporter decided to take the
president’s advice and call the USDA for an answer to the Atkinson town
hall attendee’s question, he found myself in a bureaucratic equivalent
of hot potato — getting bounced from the feds to Illinois state
agriculture officials to the state farm bureau. The advice took
Politico’s MJ Lee on a two-day odyssey — and still ended up with no
answer. Instead of demonstrating how silly regulatory rumors are, the
exercise proved that no one really knows what regulations we have, what
has been proposed, and who’s responsible for them. It turned into a great example of just how overregulated we are and how inefficient the government is at applying regulation.
- 8/25/11 – Let them eat jet fuel. - How out of touch
can the Obamas be with reality? Perhaps they could have thought about
the message sent when Michelle and Barack took separate flights
to Martha’s Vineyard, 4 hours apart? Where are the greenies screaming
about the CO2 footprint? Could Queen Michelle not find four hours of
activity while waiting for her King so they could travel together?
- 8/23/11 – Do Nothing President - Obama demands action from Congress
(something he does a lot, like a spoiled child), yet fails to realize
that he needs to send the bills to Congress first. Furthermore, the
bills from this particular tantrum have been delayed by Harry Reid’s
senate, not the Republican-controlled congress. One more thing:
the bills Obama is demanding are actually trade agreements that were
signed under the Bush administration and stonewalled by Harry Reid.
- 8/18/11 – Under the bus, eh? – “We’ve got folks
in America driving Kias and Hyundais. I want to see folks in Korea
driving Fords and Chryslers and Chevys. I want to sell goods all over
the world that are stamped with three words: “Made in America.” Quoted standing in front of his Canadian-made bus.
- 8/8/11 – Cha ching! - Obama railed against “big
money flooding the airwaves and slash-and-burn politics, sometimes I
think that core belief in what is possible here in America gets lost.” Said while speaking at a $35k per plate fund raising dinner.
- 8/8/11 – Don’t Worry, Be Happy! - “But
what I want the American people and our partners around the world to
know is this: We are going to get through this,” said Obama. “Things
will get better, and we are going to get there together.” Nine ours later S&P; downgrades America.
- 7/24/11 - I see dead people - “Jared Monti, was
the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who
actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously.” Sadly, Obama awarded it posthumously two years ago.
- 7/11/11 – Define Rhetoric - On July 10 Obama said “It’s
my hope that everybody is going to leave their ultimatums at the door,
that we’ll all leave our political rhetoric at the door.” The next day he says “The
debt ceiling should not be something that is used as a gun against the
heads of the American people to extract tax breaks for corporate jet
owners, for oil and gas companies that are making billions of dollars.”
- 6/15/11 – Shoveling It - Demanded spending of
nearly a trillion dollars to get the economy going with shovel-ready
jobs, then later admits that “Shovel-ready was not as … uh .. shovel-ready as we expected.”
- 6/10/11 – More coffee? - ”The Wrangler you
build here directly supports 3,000 other jobs, with parts manufactured
all across America. Doors from Michigan. Axles from Kentucky. Tires from
Tennessee. And this plant indirectly supports hundreds of other jobs
right here in Toledo. After all, without you, who’d eat at Chet’s or
Inky’s or Rudy’s?” Well, not enough people. The restaurant Obama said would be helped out by the auto bailout went out of business a week after this quote, partially due to the bad economy and partially due to the no-smoking ban created by local politicians.
- 6/13/11 – Family Guy - Pens an article for People magazine and pines for more time with his kids. Then he goes golfing again.
- 5/24/11 – “Cheers!” - Obama’s crack protocol team
fails him again, he starts toasting the Queen of England way too early
and embarrasses himself in the process. Watch the pain here.
- 5/10/11 – Look! - Bush was ripped by the press over
a photo of him looking out of the window to see Katrina damage. Obama
flew over the flooded Mississippi River on the way to two fundraisers in Texas and didn’t even look out the window.
- 5/9/11 – Massive Ego - Any rational person
recognizes that the killing of Bin Laden was a massive military victory.
He was not found by a president or congress. He was found thanks to the
efforts of our stellar military carrying out plans launched by
President GW Bush and rightfully continued by President Obama. You would
think a president would tip his hat to his predecessor, but not this
one. That would be classy. It took a week for the administration to
acknowledge the former president, and even that was delivered by an aide, not Obama himself.
- 4/27/11 – I Don’t Remember - During a Facebook town hall, Obama describes a double payment scenario
with Medicare as a reason we need healthcare reform. well, the problem
he used was actually fixed by the Republican congress in 2005. Obama
voted on the issue, the one that would fix the problem he told his
Facebook audience. He voted against the fix.
- 4/26/11 – No Easter Bunny? - President Obama failed to release a statement
or a proclamation recognizing the national observance of Easter Sunday,
Christianity’s most sacred holiday. By comparison, the White House has
released statements recognizing the observance of major Muslim holidays
and released statements in 2010 on Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and
Eid-ul-Adha. The White House also failed to release a statement marking
Good Friday. However, they did release an eight-paragraph statement
heralding Earth Day.
- 4/6/11 – Cap This - President Obama claimed that his Energy Secretary Chu designed cap that stopped the BP Gulf oil leak. Not only is this a ridiculous like, but Chu’s involvement actually delayed the capping of the well.
- 4/1/11 – Shhh, its a secret. - ”President Obama finally and quietly accepted his “transparency” award from the open government community this week — in a closed, undisclosed meeting
at the White House on Monday. The secret presentation happened almost
two weeks after the White House inexplicably postponed the ceremony,
which was expected to be open to the press pool.”
- 3/24/11 – Getting It Wrong About War - ”Speaking in
Chile to defend his decision to launch Operation Odyssey Dawn,
President Obama couldn’t resist taking a swipe at George Bush, in a
clumsy attempt to make himself look superior. As reported by Fox News,
the President declared: “In the past there have been times when the
United States acted unilaterally or did not have full international
support, and as a consequence typically it was the United States
military that ended up bearing the entire burden.” As the folks at Fox quickly pointed out, Bush actually had twice as many international allies for the invasion of Iraq as Obama has put together for his adventure in Libya.”
- 3/31/11 - Signs of Hypocrisy - ”But it was also
the height of political season, so you had a lot of slogans and
gimmicks and outraged politicians waving three-point-plans for
two-dollar gas – you remember that-’drill, baby,drill’-we were going
through all that. And none of it would really do anything to solve the
problem.” So the president is complaining about Republicans using
slogans and signs, while giving a speech in front of a wall covered with
his latest slogan “Winning The Future.” WTF?
- 3/25/11 – Politically Correct Stupidity - The Obama
Administration refuses to use the word “war” when referring to our
military actions overseas. First they rename it “Kinetic Military
Action” then two weeks later change it to “time-limited, scope-limited military action.”
- 3/14/11 – Dum Dum - President Obama has told people that it would be so much easier to be the president of China. As one official put it, “No one is scrutinizing Hu Jintao’s words in Tahrir Square.” Maybe that pesky communism and fear of being shot over free speech has something to do with it? No pity for you.
- 3/1/11 – Flying to Stretch It Out - Out of touch, round 27. What would the press have said if George W Bush flew his personal trainer to DC from Texas every week? Perhaps they would call it wasteful and arrogant? Well, Obama does this and the press says nothing.
- 2/28/11 – Pay up, or die. - Americans being rescued from violence in Libya expected to reimburse government. “Those
who take the ferry will be expected to reimburse the government for the
cost, estimated to be equivalent to the one-way commercial ferry
crossing of the distance from Tripoli to the Maltese capital of Valletta, it said. Any onward travel from Malta must be paid for by the passengers, the notice said.”
- 2/2/11 – Overreachy Overreach - Judge Vinson in the
Northern District of Florida ruled that ObamaCare was not
constitutional. You could say that the federal mandate for all citizens
to purchase something they may not want or need as an overreach. Wanton
use of executive orders and EPA regulations to avoid that pesky checks
and balances concept might be an overreach. But the president considers
this judges ruling an overreach. Pot, meet kettle.
- 1/18/11 – Do as I say, not as I vote. - The White House warned that voting to oppose the increase would be “highly irresponsible.” Yet when Obama had the chance to vote for it, he voted no. He then said “America
has a debt problem and a failure of leadership . Americans deserve
better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s
- 1/14/11 – Hypocritical Campaigner - Obama scolds republicans John Boehner and Mitch McConnell by saying “there will be plenty of time to campaign for 2012 in 2012,” Two weeks later the White House announces Obama’s unprecedented early as hell campaign program.
See Votes by State
News & Politics
Hot Questions on SodaHead
More Hot Questions