Is this July 4th more a memorial for freedom lost, than a celebration of freedom secured?

Wake The Sheeple 2012/07/04 18:31:02
The death of Posse Comatatus, The Patriot Act, NDAA, TSA molestation of you and your family, big sis watching you from her eyes in the sky, your government forcing you to buy products that you don't want, cannot afford, and or may not need, we are taxed more than those who threw the kings tea into the bay and yet we don't rise up, and our doors our broken down under the suspicion that we might be taking something into our bodies which the government hasn't sanctioned. So again are you celebrating or are you in mourning?

• Roblem BN-0 2012/07/04 18:52:00
    Here is my take...
    Roblem BN-0
    +3
    Rather than citizens blaming and fighting each other we can focus on working together to change the way the uber rich have systematically destroyed people and nations. One person at a time.

Some will never see it because they are so brainwashed into believing their enemies are their next door neighbors. :-(

• nothingbutthetruth 2012/07/26 08:17:33
    Here is my take...
    nothingbutthetruth
    +1
    The people have the choice to make either one their reality.
  • Wake Th... nothing... 2012/07/30 14:10:19
    Wake The Sheeple
    They do but sadly the brainwashed masses think there is a difference between the two centralized government parties, if there was any year to show that there isn't it'd be this year. I really think this nation will have to collapse before it can be reclaimed.
  • nothing... Wake Th... 2012/08/05 22:55:22
    nothingbutthetruth
    There is a different! Republicans are deceive the people a whole lot, the Democrats don't!
  • Wake Th... nothing... 2012/08/05 23:02:53
    Wake The Sheeple
    They both do, to say otherwise is very ignorant. Remember the campaign promises to close Guantanamo? Instead he made it 'legal' to detain US citizens indefinitely and expanded the wars to more countries as well as further attacked the rights of American citizens, even further than Bush did.
  • nothing... Wake Th... 2012/08/05 23:21:16 (edited)
    nothingbutthetruth
    I don't need to hear your junk!
  • Wake Th... nothing... 2012/08/05 23:47:21
    Wake The Sheeple
    Truth is inconvenient as you Democrats always want to remind people... Ignore it if you like, but it is truth regardless.
  • nothing... Wake Th... 2012/08/06 02:34:23
    nothingbutthetruth
    I don't know what truth you think you're talking!
  • Wake Th... nothing... 2012/08/06 13:45:30
    Wake The Sheeple
    Research NDAA 2012 with was signed into law on January first and allows for the President to detain US citizens indefinitely without trial or charges. Also research the precedent set with the assassination of Anwar Al Awlaki who was born in New Mexico and assassinated by Obama's order in violation of The Constitution of The United States of America which requires a trial by jury ans appeals process before execution can be carried out.
  • nothing... Wake Th... 2012/08/08 06:31:18
    nothingbutthetruth
    Are you high on something? You sounded very much so!
  • Wake Th... nothing... 2012/08/08 13:52:08
    Wake The Sheeple
    Because I mistyped two words? Typical. When you can't debate the facts attack the messenger. Even if I was high I'd still be right in this case.
  • nothing... Wake Th... 2012/08/12 06:12:39
    nothingbutthetruth
    Even if??
  • Wake Th... nothing... 2012/08/12 13:53:38 (edited)
    Wake The Sheeple
    Troll elsewhere knuckle dragger.
  • nothing... Wake Th... 2012/08/13 06:46:28
    nothingbutthetruth
    I don't know what your parable mean, and I don't think I care either./
  • beach bum 2012/07/26 06:03:10 (edited)
    Here is my take...
    beach bum
    ok
  • Wake Th... beach bum 2012/07/26 14:20:21
    Wake The Sheeple
    +1
    Ok...?
  • beach bum Wake Th... 2012/07/30 09:26:27
    beach bum
    i feel that it can go both ways
  • Timbini 2012/07/25 16:53:37
    Here is my take...
    Timbini
    It's a ridiculous premise. "We" have exactly the government "we" asked for these past 12 years. Ten years ago my so-called conservative friends defended the Patriot Acts and all its excesses as well as the TSA and all its faults. It was all necessary for security they would tell me and every one of them told me they were willing to give up some of their "freedoms" to live in a safer country. But now there's a Democrat in the White House so these things just ain't right anymore. And it's all Obama's fault!
    Across the board "we" are being taxed at the lowest we've been taxed in more than 50 years; with the Obama tax cuts it's even less than when George W. was president — and yet people are going to whine about taxes.
    Why don't "we" ride up? Because the vast majority of people in this country are okay with the status quo. They don't like the economy being so down, the high unemployment, but things so bad they want to "rise up!" Please, give us a break already!
    There's a small minority of people in this country who are quite vocal and are extremely pissed that not only is there a Democrat in the White House, he's BLACK! That is the only reason we see questions like this on forums like this.
    None of you so-called conservatives were doing anything to try and stop your Republican bre...

None of you so-called conservatives were doing anything to try and stop your Republican brethren from pushing through all these laws that further stripped away our freedoms 10 years ago, but now that there's a Black Man Democrat in the White House it's a problem.
    You gotta be entertained by the melodrama of it. "So again are you celebrating or are you in mourning?"
    Neither. At the moment I'm laughing.
  • Wake Th... Timbini 2012/07/25 19:25:31
    Wake The Sheeple
    You do realize that a Libertarian posed this question and I was equally upset with Bush administration right?
  • BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/07/25 16:08:52
    Here is my take...
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    THE FORTH OF JULY IS A CELEBRATION OF AMERICA FREEDOM FROM THE FEUDALISM GOVERNMENT OF ENGLAND.
  • Wake Th... BIG BAD... 2012/07/25 19:26:23
    Wake The Sheeple
    And now we are breeding a new Feudal system here, isn't progress wonderful?!
  • Danielle 2012/07/09 15:51:39 (edited)
    Here is my take...
    Danielle
    +1
    All of the above....and let's not forget the endangerment of our culture and language due to the new "multiculturalism" making it where immigrants no longer have to assimilate and function in English-but boy if YOU don't learn the immigrants' language(s) you might not have a job!!!

But I'm not going to be led to the slaughter without a fight, and hope you won't either. Let's start taking our country back from the globalists and tyrants....don't let the jerks in both political parties continue to be backstabbers to the American people and continue to sell the U.S. to the highest bidder without consequences....refuse to be sheep....instead be stubborn jackasses that refuse to budge and then when people try to beat them into submission, they get reprimanded with the back hooves!!!!! >:D
  • Timbini Danielle 2012/07/25 16:57:43
    Timbini
    Well Danielle, that was pretty funny! That darn "Multiculturalism." You mean those non-white cultures intruding on the White culture. Globalists and tyrants! That's funny!
  • Danielle Timbini 2012/07/25 17:09:23 (edited)
    Danielle
    I mean ANYBODY of ANY race coming here by choice and not assimilating. The only ones who don't need to assimilate are the Native Americans/Hawaaiians/Alaskans (since they were first here) and the black descendents of African slaves (but even they prefer speaking English in a form as a group as opposed to speaking different languages, and they share the same flag, most foods and basic ideals of freedom as white Americans). Everyone else needs to assimilate.

I don't know why you think losing your country to tyrants and globalists would be funny-unless you are a globalist and/or tyrant yourself. And I don't feel all white people are guilty of crimes committed against other races, as many liberals insinuate-if you feel this way you are a racist and a hypocrite.
  • Super_Doodles 2012/07/05 05:50:13
    Here is my take...
    Super_Doodles
    +1
    Liberty is not lost, but it is shrinking. I think the main reason is technology. As the advancement of others to do harm continues to progress people fear more.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." - FDR
  • Wake Th... Super_D... 2012/07/05 05:56:57 (edited)
    Wake The Sheeple
    "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." -George Washington.

We are living Orwell's nightmare.
  • Super_D... Wake Th... 2012/07/05 06:11:34
    Super_Doodles
    +1
    I was born in 1984 :( The day Reagan was reelected no less. I am performing my studies to understand what it is that Congress has done that they shouldn't have and am going to be working to get our country a lot closer to the founding father's vision. Technology is supposed to be a tool for us, not a hindrance.
    I won't be giving up on Ron Paul or his message either, I thank God for him calling me to action rather than just being unhappy things. Education, history and information are our greatest assets in this battle!
  • Timbini Super_D... 2012/07/25 17:01:57
    Timbini
    Do you have any clue what the vision of our founding fathers was? I'm guessing not if you're a follower of Ron Paul.
    Here's a clue: different founders had different visions.
  • Timbini Wake Th... 2012/07/25 16:59:38
    Timbini
    "We are living in Orwell's nightmare" ha!
    Where were you 10 years ago when they were making these laws?
  • Wake Th... Timbini 2012/07/25 19:29:26
    Wake The Sheeple
    I was yelling and screaming about them then as well, I've been awake to the government deception and lies since Waco, Ruby Ridge, and the OKC bombing.
  • shenendoah 2012/07/04 20:17:30
    Here is my take...
    shenendoah
    No, this is a reminder each year of how extraordinary our country is and how much we have overcome to be what we are. Obama and his gremlins are doing the best they can to make this proud country into their image, weak, dishonorable, cowardly, immoral, etc.....
  • Wake Th... shenendoah 2012/07/04 20:25:41
    Wake The Sheeple
    +1
    Both parties have, and the false two party division is only making things worse, besides that what does image matter when our liberties are being eroded at an alarming rate?
  • shenendoah Wake Th... 2012/07/04 20:46:25
    shenendoah
    We can't admit defeat. That will destroy us just as easy.
  • Wake Th... shenendoah 2012/07/04 21:37:27
    Wake The Sheeple
    +1
    Admit that the two party system is the problem not the solution and take the only logical remedy which is to remove them from power.
  • shenendoah Wake Th... 2012/07/04 21:41:56
    shenendoah
    +1
    I understand your point. I don't claim either party. I'm a tea party conservative so of course I vote republican. We need more choices.
  • Wake Th... shenendoah 2012/07/04 22:57:43
    Wake The Sheeple
    +2
    Until we start voting for other choices then we will never have a viable one. As Ghandi said we must be the change we wish to see, or as Dr Paul has said, if you find that you cannot stand your government then you must stand and become your government.
  • Timbini Wake Th... 2012/07/25 17:04:57
    Timbini
    YOU are part of the problem as well.
  • Wake Th... Timbini 2012/07/25 19:31:09
    Wake The Sheeple
    Thanks for trolling, now run along and let the adults talk.
  • Timbini shenendoah 2012/07/25 17:04:26
    Timbini
    YOU are part of the problem.
  • Tink123 2012/07/04 18:53:27
    Here is my take...
    Tink123
    +2
    We certainly have no reason to celebrate independence as a nation. But I'm not totally sold on the "all is lost" premise either.
  • Roblem BN-0 2012/07/04 18:52:00
    Here is my take...
    Roblem BN-0
    +3

2014/10/20 21:19:36