Is this a good enough reason to quit?

Get over it, all jobs are like that
You should put in your two weeks notice
Stupid liberal! You deserve it, because all liberals are evil and need to be treated like an animal.
OMGLOLWTF
My coworker was treating me like an idiot the other day. He was yelling at me, ordered me around (even though he is not my superior) and insulted me and made me cry. I told my manager, and she just said that I had to listen to him and told me to stop slacking.

Do I deserve this? Should I work for a place that does not respect me and treats me like an idiot?

I work at Walgreens, by the way.

• icymore 2009/03/14 20:18:56
    You should put in your two weeks notice
    icymore
    +4
    I don't know all the details, and there are two sides to every story, but you seem like such a reasonable person to me, and you can get a job like that anywhere else. It's just walgreen's.

• crotchrot 2009/05/27 02:42:00
  • Lisa 2009/04/06 14:27:52
    OMGLOLWTF
    Lisa
    +1
    Let's put it this way... Your boss has a boss. It is just a job, and you are young with not much to lose, but remember jobs are tough out there... I would talk to her again if it happens again, and remember Walgreen's is corporately owned. You should check your employee handbook to find out what they want you to do. IF you can't get an answer, contact HR....
  • eric 2009/04/01 22:05:58
    OMGLOLWTF
    eric
  • wiszard 2009/04/01 16:11:28
    OMGLOLWTF
    wiszard
    +1
    Should you decide to stay, and something like that happens again, tell that person: Would you like to repeat that at a National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) hearing?
  • Mz. Sw@gg Pr!nc3ss 2009/03/29 02:35:04
    OMGLOLWTF
    Mz. Sw@gg Pr!nc3ss
    +2
    they are so full of bs i dont want u to tell u to quit your job but you should be respected.
  • You should put in your two weeks notice
    Dark Demonic™ ★ The Original SodaHead Guru ★
    +1
    I would stick it out, until I had my revenge. ;o)

weeks notice stick revenge
  • ««Ginge... Dark De... 2009/03/15 18:45:22
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +2
    lol! Funny pic. I'm turning my two weeks notice today, and it says in it who f*cked me over :)
  • Dark De... ««Ginge... 2009/03/15 18:46:41
    +1
    I'd go over the head of the Manager, too. To explain what's going on and why you felt you wanted to leave. :o)
  • Von Douche 2009/03/15 14:45:46
    OMGLOLWTF
    Von Douche
    +2
    I'll give you one guess what I would've told your co-worker.....
    Hint;
    wash
  • SpiritualEyes 2009/03/15 08:12:49
    You should put in your two weeks notice
    SpiritualEyes
  • my account? 2009/03/15 07:54:37
  • The Beaver 2009/03/15 06:49:29
    You should put in your two weeks notice
    The Beaver
    +2
    Nobody should be treated like that!
  • anonymous 2009/03/15 06:43:26
    You should put in your two weeks notice
    anonymous
    +1
    If you have to ask, and you mentioned that you already have two jobs lined up, I think the obvious answer is to bail. Maybe bail smart -- make sure you've got another job for sure before you quit -- but bail all the same.
  • Bill Smith 2009/03/15 03:47:56
    OMGLOLWTF
    Bill Smith
    +1
    Tell the other worker to shove it.
  • DAS 2009/03/15 03:41:19
    Get over it, all jobs are like that
    DAS
    you'll run into bad bosses and coworkers wherever you go. If you can't take some ups and downs it at work - don't ever get married, it will never last.
  • ««Ginge... DAS 2009/03/15 04:06:11
    Okay first off, no one deserves to be treated like that. Secondly, there are no "ups" at my job. I work in RETAIL. It sucks epically, and my coworkers are all losers that didn't finish high school.

I have somehow been managing a relationship, thank you very much. It's because I am respected. I see that you must be quite a push-over.
  • chastity_1111 2009/03/15 01:04:47
    Get over it, all jobs are like that
    chastity_1111
    +1
    in this economy,
    and not just that,
    but get good real good,
    out work the fool.
    they will be answering to you.
    smiles
    j
  • ««Ginge... chastit... 2009/03/15 04:06:42
    +1
    Well, the economy isn't affecting my city. I have two jobs backed up already.
  • scotty 2009/03/15 00:46:18
    You should put in your two weeks notice
    scotty
    +2
    i'm sorry you got yelled out. that's never good in a workplace. i would make it your ex-workplace. you can find better.
  • Mellow 2009/03/14 23:42:06
    You should put in your two weeks notice
    Mellow
    +2
    I wouldn't put up with that.
    What kind of jerk yells at his co-worker? And what kind of manager ignores it, and sides with an a-hole?
    If I were in that situation, I'd totally go to someone higher, and complain like a mofo.
  • Just Missy 2009/03/14 22:33:04
    OMGLOLWTF
    Just Missy
    +3
    My mother had that same problem at her last job. She quit and got a better paying job she likes.You should do the same.
  • Peggy 2009/03/14 21:45:55
    OMGLOLWTF
    Peggy
    +3
    Find another job and give no notice. You will not need a refference, so just walk
  • ««Ginge... Peggy 2009/03/14 21:47:45
    +1
    So, once i get the other job I won't need a reference? Because I have two babysitting jobs lol
  • Peggy ««Ginge... 2009/03/14 23:05:37
    Peggy
    +3
    Once you get the job it means they have decided to give you the job. Make sure you have it. Then there will be no need for a reference. You could also get a letter of reference from one of the couples you babysit for. Attatch it to the job application. When I hired people, if I wanted a reference I got it before I hired them. If I did not, then they just got the job.
  • ArchieB... ««Ginge... 2009/03/15 03:47:21
    ArchieBunkerthe5th
    I feel you sweetie BUT in order to get another job most want references, yeah I know you're thinking " omg what will they say about me ?!?" Well you may not have a worry.. it's against the law for an employer (former or present) to divulge, defame, bad-mouth an employee past or present.
    But to address the co worker, manager issue... How much seniority does he have? is he the managers 'pet"? how often does this happen? Did you offer him one of your midols and a tampon? (one never knows)
    But seriously sweetie you took the proper step, you informed your manager of the infraction. DOCUMENT the time, date of the infraction, and the steps you took to resolve it, then have the manager initial it. This will show your manager you are not a doormat and you will do what ever is necessary to resolve the issue, and should it happen again if it isn't handled to your satisfaction you will be pursuing the matter by going over her head. And NO she can't fire you for this. Don't just take my word for it, your local employment office has all this info in black n'white.
  • (David)-(The)-(Strange) 2009/03/14 21:25:17
    You should put in your two weeks notice
    (David)-(The)-(Strange)
    +2
    what?! don't put up with shit like that. take it up with HR like srsly do that. there isnt any reason for that kind of treatment.
  • Today 2009/03/14 20:29:19
  • Wintermute ~ Tape Operator 2009/03/14 20:28:50
  • realistic one 2009/03/14 20:23:03
    OMGLOLWTF
    realistic one
    +1
    Is there an EEO in human resources of Wal-green's?
    Similar things happened to me and I documented times, places, by who, what was said. I went to Human Resources and talked to an employee advocate.
    My problem was addressed swiftly. No one has to take verbal abuse.

Quote: ,The price of Liberty in a dog house sells for less than a paper napkin in a dance studio.
  • DemonKiTTiE ♥ In MUSE I Tru... 2009/03/14 20:20:46
    You should put in your two weeks notice
    DemonKiTTiE ♥ In MUSE I Trust ♥
    +1
    I wouldn't take it. Especially if those in a position to do something about it said that to me. I wouldn't even give them the benefit of two weeks if they aren't going to do anything about it.
  • SHER♥ 2009/03/14 20:19:13
    OMGLOLWTF
    SHER♥
    +2
    I agree with Bob-chicka-wow-wow! Find something else, then give them your notice! No one deserves to be treated badly at work and if you are unhappy, find something that makes you happy! Life is too short!!! Eff em!! (It's always easier to get another job when you already have one!!!) Good luck!!!
  • Hematite SHER♥ 2009/03/14 20:23:53
    Hematite
    +2
    NO. Find something else, get it all set up and ready to go and then wait until some time when you're working with this guy and it's really busy, and walk out.
  • SHER♥ Hematite 2009/03/14 20:26:43
    SHER♥
    +2
    That's even better!!!! Karma is a bitch isn't it??
  • Hematite SHER♥ 2009/03/14 20:32:33
    Hematite
    +2
    Yeah. That's always been a fantasy of mine, though I've never actually done it. Now Gingey has offered all of us the chance to live through her. In fact, she should video the whole thing and post it on youtube. I smell folk hero status.
  • icymore 2009/03/14 20:18:56
    You should put in your two weeks notice
    icymore
    +4
  • Brew City Junior 2009/03/14 20:15:57
    You should put in your two weeks notice
    Brew City Junior
    +1
    Either start looking around for a new job, or go to Corporate....
  • Lynn \m/ 2009/03/14 20:15:02
    OMGLOLWTF
    Lynn \m/
    +1
    You should tell the jerk he doesnt sign you paychecks and to shut the hell up.
  • lexsy 2009/03/14 20:11:46
    You should put in your two weeks notice
    lexsy
    +1
    it seems like they dont like you
  • SparkleyPie 2009/03/14 20:10:52
    Stupid liberal! You deserve it, because all liberals are evil and need to be ...
    SparkleyPie
    +4
    Funny option.

I've never been treated like that at any job. I'd be pissed. Maybe start looking for a new job and quit with you find one you want.
  • Today Sparkle... 2009/03/14 20:29:49

2014/07/31 17:53:10