Is there any woman who thinks that she doesn't deserve equal pay for equal work? Women, you better think long and hard about who you will be voting for this November!

**StarzAbove** 2012/06/07 00:00:36
Related Topics: Equal Pay, 2012, Voting

Is there any woman who thinks that she doesn t deserve equal pay for equal work

• CAROLYN NTARWNJBS 2012/06/07 00:25:15 (edited)
    Every woman deserves equal pay for equal work!
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    +7
    Repubs are fools if they think this nonsense is gonna a fly.Please inform every woman you know what the repubs have filibustered.......Many are unaware.

• jmc07806-PWCM-JLA 2012/06/26 14:06:55
    jmc07806-PWCM-JLA
    The Democratic politicians have a payroll system in their offices that already does not provide equal pay for woman but as usual they need a law passed to be fair they just can't do it because it is the right thing to do.
    Equal Pay Act of 1963 did that - still in force and still applied by EEOC http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/stat...

Something Pelosi probably missed in her quest to pretend it did not already exist.
  • Poet003 2012/06/13 16:57:42
    Republicans say no to equal pay for women!!!!!
    Poet003
    +2
    Thats why Im voting Democrat
  • **Starz... Poet003 2012/06/13 17:00:14
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    Me too.
  • John Hall 2012/06/13 14:02:02
    John Hall
    +2
    every person man or women deserve equal pay for equal work but dont fool yourself if its onyl the republicans who dont do this .
  • **Starz... John Hall 2012/06/13 14:03:52
    **StarzAbove**
    +2
    I agree.
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/12 02:06:03
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    This "war on women" crap is the biggest crock and I don't think it will help the lying liberals win, I think it will help them loose.
  • **Starz... WhereIs... 2012/06/12 02:20:19
    **StarzAbove**
    +2
    You might think that, but women don't. See you at the polls, pal.
  • Brian 2012/06/12 01:44:09
    Brian
    +2
    Please define "Equal Work" I have worked with men who have held the same position as me and didn't deserve the same pay as me because they were douch bags at doing there damn job.
  • Christopher Kirchen 2012/06/11 23:15:44
    Christopher Kirchen
    +1
    Equal work is impossible, for many reasons.
  • Mrkando 2012/06/11 22:42:51
    Mrkando
    +3
    And I would think all women would be sick and tired of all the proposals that have been made by republicans. They must not let that happen.
  • **Starz... Mrkando 2012/06/11 22:43:42
    **StarzAbove**
    +3
    I agree.
  • Jbug799 2012/06/11 22:40:58
    Jbug799
    +3
    There have been some really good things brought up here. Its been a while since I've worked, but I do like the negotiation idea..because we usually know our worth. A woman, if she can do the same work as a man should def be paid the same. even more if she has more experience or has been there longer maybe... Personally I am glad I am out of it and as JanHopkins put it ".In my own little cosmic space I firmly believe that men were put on earth to serve the fair sex. Anybody who disagrees gets sent off planet" To me that says my husband works hard for me..and I take really good care of him!! 'Nuff said!!
  • littlebuffalo55TBA 2012/06/07 23:35:02 (edited)
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +3
    Of course! This is a no-brainer! I did not read this bill so I am not sure it was the one that would do this or what was porked up in it?

That said, if the Republicans were smart they would offer one that does truly accomplish what we all know is right!
  • angelbaby 2012/06/07 23:33:39
    angelbaby
    +3
    Somebody should really fix this .. All I've heard is promises in my adult life from politicians!! Its an issue even for those ladies in the Obama administration.

And ladies need to not settle for less pay!!
  • **Starz... angelbaby 2012/06/07 23:39:10
    **StarzAbove**
    +3
    I agree, but single parents sometimes settle for whatever it takes to feed their families, we can't all demand high wages. I wish we could.
  • angelbaby **Starz... 2012/06/07 23:42:46 (edited)
    angelbaby
    +3
    I totally agree.. It's going to take ladies to fix this and not depend on empty vote gaining promises
  • **Starz... angelbaby 2012/06/07 23:43:40
  • Katfish 2012/06/07 17:58:17
    Katfish
    +3
    But not by big brother legislation.
  • **Starz... Katfish 2012/06/07 23:24:46
    **StarzAbove**
    +3
    That's the only way it will happen unless you work in a unionized company, then the pay is equal.
  • 9th of 9 **Starz... 2012/06/08 10:17:23
    9th of 9
    +2
    What if one employee works overtime and the other one doesn't? Same job, different take home pay. And what if the employee that works overtime asks for a raise and the boss gives it to him/her. Because he/she got a raise does that mean the one who didn't earn the raise gets one anyway? Even though they didn't earn it? Keep in mind they are both doing the same job.
  • **Starz... 9th of 9 2012/06/08 14:38:21
    **StarzAbove**
    +3
    What have you got against women earning equal pay as a man doing the same job, you're just twisting it all around and avoiding the question.
  • 9th of 9 **Starz... 2012/06/08 17:18:58
    9th of 9
    +1
    I'm not twisting anything around. I am in favor of EVERYONE getting paid what they feel they deserve.
  • **Starz... 9th of 9 2012/06/08 17:25:06
    **StarzAbove**
    +2
    Another nutty comment. We'd all be getting lots of money if we were paid what we feel we deserve.

The question was equal pay for equal work.
  • 9th of 9 **Starz... 2012/06/08 17:40:20
    9th of 9
    +1
    You have a right in this country to negotiate your pay.

So let me get this straight (although I know I already do)

You work at a factory, all you do all day is attach belt buckles. You have been at this same job for 10 years and you make $12.00/hr. You have been dedicated to your job, you even missed a childs graduation one time because you were called in.

Now, in comes a new hire. He does the same job as you, buckles, buckles, buckles. Should he make $12.00/hr or should he make less. OR, is it fine with you that he makes what he and the employer negotiated for him during the interview???

What should he be making an hour for the exact same job you are doing?
  • Finding... **Starz... 2012/06/13 19:42:34
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    +1
    they're sneaky snakes aren't they? pretending to be dumb in order to spread their propaganda....
  • **Starz... Finding... 2012/06/13 21:08:56
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    lol Right, I just ignore them. lol
  • Katfish **Starz... 2012/06/08 14:43:16
    Katfish
    +1
    A company risks a person quitting if they do not get their desired compensation.
  • 9th of 9 2012/06/07 12:24:15
    9th of 9
    +1
    You get paid what you settle for.
  • **Starz... 9th of 9 2012/06/07 23:25:19
    **StarzAbove**
    +2
    But that doesn't answer the question, do you believe in equal pay for equal work?
  • 9th of 9 **Starz... 2012/06/08 10:08:55
    9th of 9
    +1
    I believe there isn't a soul on this planet who does the same amount of work as anyone else. Even in the same job field.
    I believe we all have the freedom in this country to negotiate our worth. And that it is nobody's business what someone else makes at their job.
  • **Starz... 9th of 9 2012/06/08 14:39:02
    **StarzAbove**
    +2
    I didn't say the same amount of work, I'm saying equal pay for the same job. Try to stay focused.
  • 9th of 9 **Starz... 2012/06/08 17:20:31
    9th of 9
    +1
    Name the job where everyone does the same thing.
  • Finding... 9th of 9 2012/06/13 20:05:35
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    +1
    that's exactly right...that is the purpose of the law...women no longer will settle for the crumbs employers want to throw their way..this law gives women a voice and more power to ask for what they deserve and to also give them recourse when employers try to be clever with their pay policies for females.

It gives women the right to ask what their male counterparts are earning and it increases the timespan women have to make their complaint and then be compensated retroactively...the current law is much more limited in its ability to insure that fair pay actually occurs...

By placing this requirement on Employers it will serve to keep them honest because they will now have no cute loopholes to use to deny retroactive pay and it makes payroll transparent making it impossible for employers to pull the wool over their employees eyes.

Women need transparency and recourse since women are not traditionally supported by a Patriarchal work platform.

Our country benefits by this law because it allows single women to support themselves completely without assistance. It allows them to save for their health care and retirement without assistance reducing the potential costs to taxpayers to fill those gaps...It builds self esteem and confidence. It thwarts frustration and strife in the w...

Our country benefits by this law because it allows single women to support themselves completely without assistance. It allows them to save for their health care and retirement without assistance reducing the potential costs to taxpayers to fill those gaps...It builds self esteem and confidence. It thwarts frustration and strife in the workplace making the workplace a nicer place to be. It helps married women be a more substantiall contributor to their household, college education, retirement etc...reducing the burden and stress on their husbands..reducing the need for assistance from taxpayers.

It reduces shame and suffering...that is ALWAYS good for EVERYONE...it makes women feel understood, respected, appreciated and honored for who they are and what they bring to the world, the workplace and their country.

It is the right thing to do.
  • 9th of 9 Finding... 2012/06/13 23:33:08
    9th of 9

My Mother and Father gave my Sisters that voice. Not a Law.

That is an invasion of privacy. You have no right to know what anyone else makes for a living.

My Wife and 5 sisiters would laugh at this one. Any strong independent women would.

Sounds like a personal problem, not a workplace problem. I've been married almost 31 years, I have heard them all when it comes to those. In the end, I hear what she should have said to begin with... I love you honey.
  • Finding... 9th of 9 2012/06/14 00:46:44
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    i'll give you an A for persistance but you don't speak for me or your sisters or strong independent women or your wife or any woman for that matter...you have no clue what you are talking about and you are making a fool of youself here...nice try by the way
  • 9th of 9 Finding... 2012/06/14 09:31:10
    9th of 9
    I'm speaking the words of my Wife and Sisters. We have had these talks many times, and none of them agree that any one person controls their lives but themselves.
    Their position on this matter greatly influences mine, and I am very proud they are so independent.
    And I'll bet in another conversation, if I was to imply controlling your house, papers, and effects, you would tell me to mind my own business. And you probably wont be so nice in saying it either.
    I am truly blessed to know the women in my life, and there is no way I would ever try and stop them from demanding what they feel they deserve.
    I know exactly what they would tell their "boss" if he/she said "your pay is capped". If they felt they deserved more, and the boss said no (because a law forces him/her to) they would be looking for somewhere else to earn a living. I can't NOT respect that.
  • Finding... 9th of 9 2012/06/14 14:00:50
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    ok, thanks
  • 9th of 9 Finding... 2012/06/15 10:27:27
    9th of 9
    So when you feel you've earned a raise in your job, don't blame the boss for not giving it to you. Blame the law you support that caps your pay equal to the others around you that, how do you say it, are not as productive as you.

I can hear someone like Cindy Crawford saying when asked by a designer.

Designer: Cindy we would like you to model our new line of clothing?
    Cindy: Ok, my rate is 2500 a night.
    Designer: Well, we pay everyone of our models the same, 350 a night.
    Cindy: LOL! Sorry, wont happen.
  • Finding... 9th of 9 2012/06/15 15:20:07
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    uh huh....

2014/07/23 16:22:58