Is There Any Country, Where The U.S. Has Tried To Impose It's Idea Of Democracy, That Has Become A Better Place?

Masaca 2013/03/13 19:56:54
Related Topics: Democracy, Hell, Destroyed
Hell Yes, The U.S. Has Been Successful In All It's Democratic Missions
Nope, The U.S. Has Done Nothing But Destroyed Other Countries And Capitalized On their Miseries.
The U.S. Is Full Of BS

• TheBadOne 2013/03/13 21:15:42
    TheBadOne
    +3
    Vietnam!
    Iraq!
    Panama!
    Afghanistan!

Oh, wait...

• Phoenix2014 2013/03/14 05:15:18
    The U.S. Is Full Of BS
    Phoenix2014
    +1
    How can we give democracy to the world, when we don't even have it here? Aren't we ruled by the two party dictatorship?
  • bigfoot Phoenix... 2013/03/16 21:00:57
    bigfoot
    The language is a little strong.But,I do agree to a large extent.Fortunately we have the Constitution and Bill of Rights.At least for now.
  • Phoenix... bigfoot 2013/03/16 21:40:42
  • Razoreye001 2013/03/14 04:13:20
    Nope, The U.S. Has Done Nothing But Destroyed Other Countries And Capitalized...
    Razoreye001
    We couldn't even properly rebuild the South after the Civil War, the only remote success I could think of is the Philippines.
  • Phoenix... Razorey... 2013/03/14 05:13:12 (edited)
    Phoenix2014
    Didn't Ferdinand Marcos declare martial law with our approval? That's not democracy.
  • Razorey... Phoenix... 2013/03/14 06:24:05
    Razoreye001
    well I didn't know that.
  • bigfoot Razorey... 2013/03/16 21:08:41
    bigfoot
    greg,how about Japan?S.Korea?Germany? Tiawain/Formosa[sp]?Greed over comes the best of us.Just some thoughts.
  • Razorey... bigfoot 2013/03/16 21:36:52 (edited)
    Razoreye001
    +1
    Japan and Germany weren't exclusively helped by the US but all allied nations so I don't consider those. Also in those cases the policy of the US was to keep those countries as much the same as possible while still being a democracy of some kind. That's why Japan was allowed to keep it's emperor as long as the government was democratic. In Germany any low ranking military officials who weren't in leadership positions were included in the rebuilt German army. Taiwan has sweatshops and no social programs so it's far from a success. Korea is an odd ball seeing as you are correct that is America's lone success mostly because our leadership was taking notes from previous successes. As for greed it's more than that America hasn't evolved to the same level as other countries yet.
    +2
    NOT A LOT OF THEM BUT the most successful has been Japan and Germany.
  • Masaca sjalan 2013/03/14 00:53:19
    Masaca
    +1
    How is that?
  • sjalan Masaca 2013/03/14 00:59:18
    +2
    The Constitutions of Japan and of Germany are almost exact duplicates of the US Constitution. Some minor variations but for all intents and purposes they are the same level of Representative Constitutional Democratic rulership
  • Masaca sjalan 2013/03/14 01:04:54
    Masaca
    +1
    But then, the U.S. Constitution was based on some other country's documents of governance, right?

In any case, isn't Germany suffering from a financial meltdown?
  • sjalan Masaca 2013/03/14 01:08:44
    +2
    Actually the US Constitution is rather unique in that it is a multi layered form of governance. First and foremost is the Constitution itself. Then the ELECTED Representatives.
    And most importantly, the military reports to a Civilian head of government.
  • Masaca sjalan 2013/03/14 03:17:58
    Masaca
    OK Sj
  • bigfoot sjalan 2013/03/16 21:09:47
    bigfoot
    +1
    Sorry! You beat me to those two.
  • sjalan bigfoot 2013/03/16 21:11:18
    Actually there are several more, but two of them have since been taken over by either Islam or Communists.
  • mama sew,gung ho 2013/03/14 00:00:31
    The U.S. Is Full Of BS
    mama sew,gung ho
    It's our responsibility to be the best in what we claim about our Democracy!Make America a better place,as a beacon with it's light shining bright to guide other as they themselves chart their own destiny!It's a course that can only be travel through the space and time of each civilization and their people!**********"This is our time to bask in the Glory."************* *****************************... Liberty,and Justice for All!")***********************...
  • wildcat 2013/03/13 22:13:20
    wildcat
    +2
    Not all but many let's see Grenada, Dominican Republic, Panama, Philippines, Marshall Islands, Samoa, Japan, Greece, etc.
  • Masaca wildcat 2013/03/13 22:21:38 (edited)
    Masaca
    +1
    I am under the impression that the Philippines are a corrupt government Wildcat. While Samoa is a territory, just a little less than a state of the U.S. kinda like Puerto Rico. Japan, as I understand it has always had it's own form of government that the U.S. had nothing to do with other than forbidding it to have a military. I'll have to look into Panama, and the Marshall Islands, but I am thinking they owe their identities and governmental structure to the Crown. I am thinking Greece has more to do with the U.S.'s democratic republic identity than the other way around.

But let me investigate these some more
  • wildcat Masaca 2013/03/13 22:25:09
    wildcat
    You don't know much about history do you. Japan was a Monarchy prior to the end of WWII. Samoa is indeed it's own country. Greece needed help in the 50's. You are certainly incorrect about Panama and the Marshall Islands.
  • Masaca wildcat 2013/03/13 22:45:24
    Masaca
    Whether or not Japan is a monarchy or not, it hasn't adopted a U.S. form of democracy, has it? Just what did the U.S. do for Japan, again?

Greece needing help (financially?) doesn't mean they adopted the U.S. form of Democracy, does it?

Samoa, I never said it wasn't an independent country, now did I?

The Marshall Islands, so you feel that that country is better off with U.S. influence because of, what? The rights to Nuclear testing in their backyard?

Panama, um, let's see

http://web.worldbank.org/WBSI...
  • wildcat Masaca 2013/03/13 23:59:36
    wildcat
    I believe you compared Samoa to a territory as Puerto Rico. The USA gave Japan the western ideas of a self-government and the ideas of mass production. Greece adapted their government to more closely resemble the US. Seriously, if you don't think the standard of living hasn't improved in the Marshall Islands since WWII you haven't ever been there. Panama was a state of Columbia until the USA helped them write their own constitution and declare themselves independent. And lo and behold the day of Panama's Declaration of Independence there was a huge contingency of US warships in the Caribbean Sea just of the coast of Panama.
  • Masaca wildcat 2013/03/14 00:50:56
    Masaca
    "I believe you compared Samoa to a territory as Puerto Rico."

It is, they even have the right to vote in U.S. politics.

" The USA gave Japan the western ideas of a self-government and the ideas of mass production."

Japan is a Constitutional Monarchy, not a democracy. Plus mass production has nothing to do with (imposing a will,) on that country, or is it? Now, that is interesting. Let's look into that one.

"Greece adapted their government to more closely resemble the US."

Once again, Greece has more to do with the U.S.'s (phony,) idea of democracy than the U.S. having to do with them adopting anything from this government. Greece, as I know you know full well, is the birthplace of western thought, and democracy

Would you appreciate if Great Britain manipulated an agreement to test nuclear weapons in, let's say the Mojave desert? No I haven't been there, but I stand by my assertion that it is worse off, as in:

http://community.seattletimes...

and more recently:

http://www.nationsencyclopedi...

"Panama was a state of Columbia until the USA helped them write their own constitution and declare themselves independent. And lo and behold the day of Panama's Declaration of Independence there was a huge contingency of US warships in the Caribbean Sea just of the coast of Panama."

So your con...

http://community.seattletimes...

and more recently:

http://www.nationsencyclopedi...

So your contention is that it's better to be in poverty under U.S. domination, than any other? Why is that the Panamanians poverty levels are so high after the mighty U.S.'s influence over their live?

Plus I think I saw somewhere where Panama's violent crime has risen to astounding rates since 1977
  • wildcat Masaca 2013/03/14 00:57:08
    wildcat
    I show you, you choose not to agree, so be it.
  • Masaca wildcat 2013/03/14 00:59:01
    Masaca
    OK
  • TheBadOne 2013/03/13 21:15:42
    TheBadOne
    +3
    Vietnam!
    Iraq!
    Panama!
    Afghanistan!

Oh, wait...
  • Roger47 2013/03/13 19:59:18
    Roger47
    +2
    Grenada?
  • Masaca Roger47 2013/03/13 20:17:15 (edited)
    Masaca
    +1
    How so Roger?

I'm not challenging you. I am just curious.
  • Roger47 Masaca 2013/03/13 20:33:58
    Roger47
    +4
    It is the location of the great Ronald Reagan military victory. Everything he did was a success, right?
  • Masaca Roger47 2013/03/13 21:35:08 (edited)
    Masaca
    Ummmmmmmmm?

2014/10/02 10:27:59