Is there a race war between blacks and white's in America?

RedRockNv 2010/07/02 02:24:48
The Race War of Black Against White

By Paul Sheehan

Sydney Morning Herald, May 20, 1995

"The longest war America has ever fought is the Dirty War, and it is not over. It has lasted 30 years so far and claimed more than 25 million victims. It has cost almost as many lives as the Vietnam War. It determined the result of last year's congressional election.

Yet the American news media do not want to talk about the Dirty War, which remains between the lines and unreported. In fact, to even suggest that the war exists is to be discredited. So let's start suggesting, immediately.

No matter how crime figures are massaged by those who want to acknowledge or dispute the existence of a Dirty War, there is nothing ambiguous about what the official statistics portray: for the past 30 years a large segment of black America has waged a war of violent retribution against white America. And the problem is getting worse, not better.

In the past 20 years, violent crime has increased more than four times faster than the population. Young blacks (under 18) are more violent than previous generations and are 12 times more likely to be arrested for murder than young whites.

Nearly all the following figures, which speak for themselves, have not been reported in America:

* According to the latest US Department of Justice survey of crime victims, more than 6.6 million violent crimes (murder, rape, assault and robbery) are committed in the US each year, of which about 20 per cent, or 1.3 million, are inter-racial crimes.

* Most victims of race crime - about 90 per cent - are white, according to the survey "Highlights From 20 Years of Surveying Crime Victims," published in 1993.

* Almost 1 million white Americans were murdered, robbed, assaulted or raped by black Americans in 1992, compared with about 132,000 blacks who were murdered, robbed, assaulted or raped by whites, according to the same survey.

* Blacks thus committed 7.5 times more violent inter-racial crimes than whites even though the black population is only one-seventh the size of the white population. When these figures are adjusted on a per capita basis, they reveal an extraordinary disparity: blacks are committing more than 50 times the violent racial crimes of whites.

* According to the latest annual report on murder by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, most inter-racial murders involve black assailants and white victims, with blacks murdering whites at 18 times the rate that whites murder blacks.

These breathtaking disparities began to emerge in the mid-1960s, when there was a sharp increase in black crime against whites, an upsurge which, not co-incidentally, corresponds exactly with the beginning of the modern civil rights movement.

Over time, the cumulative effect has been staggering. Justice Department and FBI statistics indicate that between 1964 and 1994 more than 25 million violent inter-racial crimes were committed, overwhelmingly involving black offenders and white victims, and more than 45,000 people were killed in inter-racial murders. By comparison, 58,000 Americans died in Vietnam, and 34,000 were killed in the Korean War.

When non-violent crimes (burglary, larceny, car theft and personal theft) are included, the cumulative totals become prodigious. The Bureau of Justice Statistics says 27 million non-violent crimes were committed in the US in 1992, and the survey found that 31 per cent of the robberies involved black offenders and white victims (while only 2 per cent in the reverse).

When all the crime figures are calculated, it appears that black Americans have committed at least 170 million crimes against white Americans in the past 30 years. It is the great defining disaster of American life and American ideals since World War II.

All these are facts, yet by simply writing this story, by assembling the facts in this way, I would be deemed a racist by the American news media. It prefers to maintain a paternalistic double standard in its coverage of black America, a lower standard."

• HI 2010/07/03 20:02:59
    HI
    +3
    i was born n raised in other country then USA. i was 20 years of age when i came to this country. iam considered as asian american. I think blacks are their own worse enemies. colour of their house, cars, dresses and probably undergarments are brown. very rear i see multicolour black. they r stuck in one colour. Marther king did not dream of this breeeeed of blacks. instead of working hard, get good education and get ahead, everything is white people fault. that is what i hear. i am not a raciest, but this is what i hear and see. blacks from other part of world do not behave n think like this.

• Gilbert P 2011/06/28 02:41:55
    Gilbert P
    And Australia will be no different if the demogragraphics keep going they way they are. We don't have any magic pixie peace dust to sprinkle on these when they migrate here in their millions.
  • PDenoli 2010/09/07 20:59:46
    PDenoli
    You don't have to look back to the 1940's for examples of racial warfare. Countries like Bosnia and Rawanda give clear evidence of what a race war looks like. While there is something less than perfect harmony among the races in the US, calling it a war is hyperbole in the extreme. Are there acts of racial violence? Yes. Are they commonplace? Yes. Are they widespread? Yes. Are they a coordinated form of aggression for the purpose of achieving race-related objectives? Hell no.

"When all the crime figures are calculated, it appears that black Americans have committed at least 170 million crimes against white Americans in the past 30 years."

Is this including property crimes? As the majority of the population, and as the majority of targets for property crimes, whiles will - by definition - attract the greatest number of criminal activity. For whatever reason one cares to track criminal statistics (poverty, collapsed social structure, gang affiliation, social resistance to criminal behavior)... blacks tend to represent the most frequent perpetrators of aggravated property crimes (per capita) - and - they see the highest rate of conviction once charged.

This represents a statistical quirk - and not a race war. Know the difference and be more relaxed about life in general and your fellow man in particular.
  • Gilbert P PDenoli 2011/06/28 02:43:36
    Gilbert P
    +1
    A statistical quirk is not something significant, verifiable and consistent over time. Your analysis is quirky.
  • PDenoli Gilbert P 2011/06/29 18:09:46
    PDenoli
    So you're seriously saying that it's a war? That's right up there with the flat earth society... its so removed from anything substantiated that I don't know how to begin.

By the same logic, you would say there's a gender war? After all, men commit more crimes, and far more violent crimes. Male on female violence is higher than female on male....

No. This is cheap hyperbole that substitutes a legitimate debate with sound bites.
  • CRK 2010/09/04 18:49:54
    CRK
    +1
    They discriminate in hiring. They preach against black on black crime when in reality they are the only race just as likely to target another race as their own. They have more hate groups than any other race. They don't even give up half the sidewalk when passing us on the street. They are openly racist towards us. They attack us and then blame us or some white person who lived in the past. They rewrite history. They vote racially and forbid us to do the same. When they commit crimes and are caught they accuse everyone of being racist. Any time someone disagrees with them or accuses them it's racist. And they are SURE about it. They assault us and get away with it and are SURE IT IS OK because they are black and we are white. Not all, but most american blacks are racist and what else would you call it? People who think it's not a war need to do some studying. They probably think there's no soup lines or real poverty too geez.
  • PDenoli CRK 2010/09/07 21:16:08 (edited)
    PDenoli
    While I agree with many of your generalizations - I believe they are merely generalizations. To me, there is a racially-charged environment with hatred and bigotry (on all sides). It hasn't developed to the point of warfare, and in all likelihood - never will. No more so than when the Irish were detested earlier this century. While the current circumstances are clearly unpleasant, it just doesn't fit the definition of "a race war" as I know and understand the term to be used. In fact, conditions today are FAR better than they were in the 1970's.

That said, if there's ever a sustained period where groups of armed men systematically round up and execute people based on race... yep, that's a race war. I realize some would say we're at this point now - I just don't agree.

White on Black in the US...
    execute people based race yep race war realize white black
    ...coordinated violence, but no war.

Black on White in SA...
    war realize white black coordinated violence war black white sa
    ...coordinated violence, but no war.

Racial cleansing in Rawanda...
    war black white sa coordinated violence war racial cleansing rawanda
    ....this is a race WAR.

IMHO - the differences between strife, violent strife, and warfare are both significant and striking.
  • CRK PDenoli 2010/09/08 16:45:07
    CRK
    Everyone has a different definition of war. While what you are portraying, genocide, is one type of war, it isn't the only type. Just as it would not require a nuclear bomb to declare a war world war 3 but many think it does because speculation makes these synonymous "well if there were a world war three we'd have to worry about nuclear weapons being used" etc. "This means war"...any intentional targeting of someone else, in this case racially, and in large numbers is a type of war. It may not be "all out war" and so on. All you have to do is focus on the topic of the article and look at the real numbers. And look in your own personal life experiences. I've witnessed and been the target of anti white violence and discrimination my whole life and have never seen whites do the same. Nepotism is the most common type, but there are alot of hate crimes committed against whites that never make the news or the stats. How many of these would you have to have to make it war? Fighting in the street? What if there are brown and black gangs targeted whites, beating them up, dragging them down the street and videotaping it for you tube? What if every time you were in a public place congregated by blacks you heard them bragging about beating up whites and videotaping if for you tube? Would ...
    Everyone has a different definition of war. While what you are portraying, genocide, is one type of war, it isn't the only type. Just as it would not require a nuclear bomb to declare a war world war 3 but many think it does because speculation makes these synonymous "well if there were a world war three we'd have to worry about nuclear weapons being used" etc. "This means war"...any intentional targeting of someone else, in this case racially, and in large numbers is a type of war. It may not be "all out war" and so on. All you have to do is focus on the topic of the article and look at the real numbers. And look in your own personal life experiences. I've witnessed and been the target of anti white violence and discrimination my whole life and have never seen whites do the same. Nepotism is the most common type, but there are alot of hate crimes committed against whites that never make the news or the stats. How many of these would you have to have to make it war? Fighting in the street? What if there are brown and black gangs targeted whites, beating them up, dragging them down the street and videotaping it for you tube? What if every time you were in a public place congregated by blacks you heard them bragging about beating up whites and videotaping if for you tube? Would that classify as war to you? You might be in Idaho or some other midwestern place with a lower black population but where I live, where the panthers began, there are alot of problems just like the ones I've described. It may not qualify as your definition of a war, but it passes mine.
  • PDenoli CRK 2010/09/08 17:51:52
    PDenoli
    "I've witnessed and been the target of anti white violence and discrimination my whole life and have never seen whites do the same." ... "It may not qualify as your definition of a war, but it passes mine."

I don't mean to suggest your opinion or perspective isn't valid or that things haven't happened exactly as you've observed. Your reaction is entirely valid, but it is also subjective. I hope you'll see that my response is also valid... although I reached a different view because it was objective.

Also, I should recognize that there is also the casual use of the term "war". We have a war on poverty, a war on homelessness, a war on drugs, a war on just about anything. In this context, it basically means that "a vague, amorphous, uncontrolled agenda exists". And I'll concede to you that to the extent that we have a "war on poverty" - sure - you can say we also have a race war. Your point is well taken.

However, to the extent that we had a revolutionary war, or to the extent that we have a war with the Taliban - no - we don't have a race war. We have a collection of events (happenstance) that happen to share elements of racial identity bias. That's my point. To go farther - and as you say - genocide is one form of war (genocide and "ethnic cleansing" are the only "true ...

However, to the extent that we had a revolutionary war, or to the extent that we have a war with the Taliban - no - we don't have a race war. We have a collection of events (happenstance) that happen to share elements of racial identity bias. That's my point. To go farther - and as you say - genocide is one form of war (genocide and "ethnic cleansing" are the only "true race wars"). Other forms of (non-race) warfare include the violent overthrow of political leaders. The organized military seizure of land and territories resulting in a formal turnover of authority and treaties or armistices is another example. Etc, etc.

All of these types of war are (clearly) far larger in scope and scale than what you're calling a war, and again, that's the point I tried to make. The classic implication of "war" is, by definition, large and coordinated. A true war of any sort is a military concept involving coordinated attacks planned by a structured leadership, and with military objectives that support a social and political set of outcomes.
  • CRK PDenoli 2010/09/08 17:57:37
    CRK
    not all...what about guerilla wars? civil wars? many are spontaneous and disorganized. But points taken. I just want to make sure what's happening here in california isn't ignored or downplayed.
  • PDenoli CRK 2010/09/08 18:18:50
    PDenoli
    I think the government went down a very bad road when it decided that certain groups needed special legal status. In particular, I mean hate crimes.

I get the idea - coordinated violence against a group of people is different than violence against a person. It creates an environment of fear and suppression of an entire group of people - even though only one person may have been attacked physically - the violence served as a message to intimidate the group as a whole.

So... I get why we have "hate crime" laws. I just happen to think it's a stupid idea. Or maybe it's a good idea, implemented stupidly? Because we all know that we aren't going to apply the laws equally to all people. If a gang of minorities attacks a non-minority the legal system will bend over backwards to avoid calling it a hate crime. It can't... it won't do it.

You and I and everyone else recognize this fact. It creates a situation where some groups seem to have "special treatment" and "special protection" under the law. Besides a strong appearance of being unfair, it creates resentment and anger and outrage... and I won't even say it's not justified (though I do think some people protest too much).

Why are the laws not applied to minorities? History! Once upon a time, minorities (particularly blacks) w...

Why are the laws not applied to minorities? History! Once upon a time, minorities (particularly blacks) were harassed by a variety of laws that made it a specific crime to "misbehave" around white people. Google terms like "eyeballing" and you'll be led into all sorts of historical examples of how bad laws were created and how good laws were mis-applied.

Understand this as an explanation, not a justification.

But recognizing that we can't/won't apply the laws equally, it's my opinion that they're bad laws by definition. Something else is needed. Perhaps we take the racial element out of the law and focus on "intimidation" as a crime. I can imagine all sorts of ways for that to be abused... but it's a start and it eliminates the inherent divisiveness embedded in current law (as applied).
  • CRK PDenoli 2010/09/08 18:23:22 (edited)
    CRK
    +1
    interesting points. I personally think just the crime itself should be worthy of punishment, and not the intention, motives or demographics of either the victim nor the perp should be considered except as to whether they did it. So sure consider motive to see if a person is actually guilty, but not to consider their punishment. And I don't think history is any reason or excuse for what happens. It's a cover like any other. It's objectifying someone as the other and getting away with it because of being able to pervert history as their excuse. They can get a bunch of saps to find their excuse plausible and thus get out of responsibility. But wrong is wrong regardless of who is doing it.
  • PDenoli CRK 2010/09/08 18:42:25
    PDenoli
    I agree with you. I understand the points on the other side - I just don't think it's working out or likely to improve the way things are.
  • O'l Jarhead 2010/07/10 07:18:11 (edited)
    O'l Jarhead
    +1
    Each and every time I've said something simular to this, I've been thought of as a racist. I grew up in a Black area and returned to the same area after 7yrs. in the military. The people changed, but the attitude did not. I saw first hand the hatered of White people handed down from grand parent to parent to child. For every reason a Black person could not achieve sucess in school or the work place, it was always "Whities" fault. That is not to say that Blacks were not held back in some instances like our city light facility...However, ALL minorities were held back to some extent long after the civil rights act went into effect. So Black folks were NOT ALONE...They just caused enough ruckus to get City Light to create better avenues for minorities to get into advanced job training and skills. One of my Asian friends was one of the few NON BLACK folks to have regular acess to the Black Panther Party in our city during the 60s...That's a story in itself. My friends that were habitual welfare recipants said that Whitie "OWED" it to them because of SLAVERY. The Black Panther Party also kept going back to the SLAVERY situation and equating it with modern day racisim. The civil rights act was a necessary change that main stream America had to make. But, it DID NOT solve the attitude...
    Each and every time I've said something simular to this, I've been thought of as a racist. I grew up in a Black area and returned to the same area after 7yrs. in the military. The people changed, but the attitude did not. I saw first hand the hatered of White people handed down from grand parent to parent to child. For every reason a Black person could not achieve sucess in school or the work place, it was always "Whities" fault. That is not to say that Blacks were not held back in some instances like our city light facility...However, ALL minorities were held back to some extent long after the civil rights act went into effect. So Black folks were NOT ALONE...They just caused enough ruckus to get City Light to create better avenues for minorities to get into advanced job training and skills. One of my Asian friends was one of the few NON BLACK folks to have regular acess to the Black Panther Party in our city during the 60s...That's a story in itself. My friends that were habitual welfare recipants said that Whitie "OWED" it to them because of SLAVERY. The Black Panther Party also kept going back to the SLAVERY situation and equating it with modern day racisim. The civil rights act was a necessary change that main stream America had to make. But, it DID NOT solve the attitude of hatred. You have facts and figures that I did not. But, I know from living in the CD, as we call it here, (Central District) for the first 28 years of my life that Black on non Black crime is disproportionate to the opposite happening. YES, it IS a war and I'm glad someone has pointed it out. The other thing that is left out is that Black on non Black crime is NOT admitted to be a hate crime. WHITE America is AFRAID to call a race motivated crime for what it is. At the same high school where the police officer hit the female jaywalkeer a few weeks ago, about 4 or 5 yrs ago, Blacks attacked and extorted money from Asians, (mostely that were foreign born). Finally, it got so out of hand that the police had to moniter the school grounds during lunch and after school. Yet, that also was NOT considered race motivated HATE crimes. The vast majority of the crimimals were Black and ALL the victims were non Black, though the vast majority were foreign born Asians. And the war goes on......
  • cowboy 2010/07/06 20:52:02
    I think...
    cowboy
    +2
    White's are over it. We don't care anymore.
  • Rainbow_Bubblegum 2010/07/06 12:59:45
    I think...
    Rainbow_Bubblegum
    there are white people that hate black people nad black people that hate white people but its not a "war" i am mixed or some would just say black and i have a white boyfriend and white family. its a sterotype when people say that all blacks hate all whites..its not true at all..
  • O'l Jar... Rainbow... 2010/07/12 03:12:58 (edited)
    O'l Jarhead
    True, that not ALL of each side hate one another. I consider OPEN hostility and TARGETING any non Black person for insults, bullying and assalts, a "war" of sorts. Sure, not in the conventional sense with military actions, but none the less continual brow beating, belittling, whining, complaining and always wanting more than they have, or are getting, might be to some a CLASS war more than a RACE war. I too am a "breed"...and being raised in the Black community with very few NON Black friends, I took on an attitude. After I went into the military, I found White folks were not all that bad, though I did have my run-ins with some. Upon returning I was seen as an OUTSIDER in my own neighborhood. I nearly had to shoot a guy a short distance from my house. The old man that owned the pool hall came outside and told the other guy to leave me alone...That I was born into the neighborhood. When I was targeted by this NEW poot butt?, in MY neighborhood?, on "Ho Stro"?, where I grew up?, I knew this wasn't bout no "haves vs the have nots"...This was racism from the other side. And not being Black, I was just another target to the pimps, poot butts and pushers. Yes, it is a war, not too unlike the Muslims creating "Jihad" and causing trouble all over the planet. I'm not saying that...
    True, that not ALL of each side hate one another. I consider OPEN hostility and TARGETING any non Black person for insults, bullying and assalts, a "war" of sorts. Sure, not in the conventional sense with military actions, but none the less continual brow beating, belittling, whining, complaining and always wanting more than they have, or are getting, might be to some a CLASS war more than a RACE war. I too am a "breed"...and being raised in the Black community with very few NON Black friends, I took on an attitude. After I went into the military, I found White folks were not all that bad, though I did have my run-ins with some. Upon returning I was seen as an OUTSIDER in my own neighborhood. I nearly had to shoot a guy a short distance from my house. The old man that owned the pool hall came outside and told the other guy to leave me alone...That I was born into the neighborhood. When I was targeted by this NEW poot butt?, in MY neighborhood?, on "Ho Stro"?, where I grew up?, I knew this wasn't bout no "haves vs the have nots"...This was racism from the other side. And not being Black, I was just another target to the pimps, poot butts and pushers. Yes, it is a war, not too unlike the Muslims creating "Jihad" and causing trouble all over the planet. I'm not saying that Black folks and minorities in general, have not been preyed on and held down. But, even in my day, we (minorities) just pushed on to get outa d'hood. Those that are stuck in that mind set that Whitie OWES me sumptin, carry on the war that the rest of us choose to no longer struggle with...We moved beyond dat!!! And check dis out! When the dominate society see's that you are willing to do yourself proud and git somewhere besides the next "hood", they are less likely to TRY to hold you back! And, for me, I just keep on steppin!
  • DarthDefault 2010/07/06 04:01:49
    I think...
    DarthDefault
    There are more races in this country than just black or white. Until they start getting the coverage that black & white people do, those two can just piss off and shut up. Black people still complain about slavery, and ignore the Natives who were killed off so they can have a place to live...
  • Blueskies 2010/07/05 05:42:38 (edited)
    I think...
    Blueskies
    +1
    No race war, it's class war. Itrs upper class business and financial class people trashing Obama for careing about the working class.

There is a class war now at least since 1968 Dem. convention, the working class is being trashed by the upper class and turned into scapegoats for the ills of American society. Especially the white working class.

But everybody who thinks knows this has been happening since the 70's. The real income for the lower classes is maybe 3/4 of what they made in 1974, and constantly declining because ALWAYS there is way too many people for the few jobs. And of course the homeless who mostly appeared after 1975, as a consequence of our policies.

That's the plan. It increases profits and minimises wage inflation..

Thats the reason for immigration among a certain set. Any who complain of being abused are abused more, at least verbally. This increases the anger levels of course.
    America society is anger society today.

There is always a very high number of people left jobless and desperate for work because of the immigrants creating a constant high surplus of labor. But this makes growth easy too. Plenty of low wage workers for any enterprise.

Any attempt to slow immigration to reduce unemployment, and probably raise wages, we get screams of rac...

America society is anger society today.

Any attempt to slow immigration to reduce unemployment, and probably raise wages, we get screams of racism from the Business class, and intensified hatred from the media, since they want nothing changed.

The global business leadership like to provoke feuds between the natives and immigrants and blacks, and other immigrants, so they don't combine in labor disputes.

Does that help?
  • HI 2010/07/03 20:02:59
    HI
    +3
  • O'l Jar... HI 2010/07/12 04:51:59 (edited)
    O'l Jarhead
    You are right HI...A study from the 1970's showed that when a Black person was introduced to a crowd like at a party, as an American Black person, he was remembered as being less educated, shorter and not in a high position. The SAME Black person introduced to a different crowd as being from some other country, was remembered as being taller, more educated and more sucessful in his line of work. It is said that there is a little bit of truth to all stereotypes. African Americans have unfortunatly, created images of themselves that do NOT apply to ALL other African Americans. Those that have money have to make sure that all others that see them know they have money by their jewelry, cars, homes and clothes. Showing off is a negetive stereotype, but it is what NON Blacks expect to see. Complaining about what they DON'T have, as you pointed out, instead of trying to work past that by applying one's self to education and advancement in the work place, is also true in SOME respects. White folks can't be blamed for not letting Black folks get an education if they want it. What some African Americans don't realize is that a third parties perspective, is not too different than from the majorities perspective. I continue to communicate with folks I grew up with in the Black community, ...
    You are right HI...A study from the 1970's showed that when a Black person was introduced to a crowd like at a party, as an American Black person, he was remembered as being less educated, shorter and not in a high position. The SAME Black person introduced to a different crowd as being from some other country, was remembered as being taller, more educated and more sucessful in his line of work. It is said that there is a little bit of truth to all stereotypes. African Americans have unfortunatly, created images of themselves that do NOT apply to ALL other African Americans. Those that have money have to make sure that all others that see them know they have money by their jewelry, cars, homes and clothes. Showing off is a negetive stereotype, but it is what NON Blacks expect to see. Complaining about what they DON'T have, as you pointed out, instead of trying to work past that by applying one's self to education and advancement in the work place, is also true in SOME respects. White folks can't be blamed for not letting Black folks get an education if they want it. What some African Americans don't realize is that a third parties perspective, is not too different than from the majorities perspective. I continue to communicate with folks I grew up with in the Black community, but, some of those that could not get beyond feeling sorry for themselves, stayed in the same mind set and as a result, some are in jail and others have been killed. I chose not to stay, and though I've had my fair share of trouble with the law, I have not had to do "hard" time. By the way, Asians in California have also been victimized to SOME extent. And I don't mean that they are feeling sorry for themselves. So many Asians apply for college that some schools want to LIMIT the amount of Asian enrollment because "OTHER" races CANNOT get as high a score on the entrance exam. NOBODY praises the Asians for their hard work and ability to OVERCOME obsticals that keep the others from getting acceptance into a school. BUT, instead California wants to hold back Asians and/or LOWER the standards for entrance. Nobody acknowleges the FACT that there are FEWER APPLICANTS from the "other" races...so holding back or limiting the number of Asian enrollees is supose to allow greater numbers of other races to get into college. You might see things from a third party perspective a little different than us Americans that have lived here from birth. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that in for you to ponder.
  • HI O'l Jar... 2010/07/14 17:45:09
    HI
    Thanks for replying. i am forigner and many times i was called sand niger, terriost, bomb builder, i can go on and on. but i never felt pitty for my self and looked other way.kept my self in school, work two jobs and two schools, one time. now i am happy and got what ever a normal human can desire for. n i did enjoy reading yr comment.
  • Conservative Craig 2010/07/03 18:47:08
    I think...
    Conservative Craig
    It hasn't started yet but it is coming.
  • jay 2010/07/03 14:27:09
    jay
    +2
    We try to lie to ourselves, but we know why we were forced out of the neighborhoods our grandparents built.

It was not to get away from people due to their skin color. It was because of what those people were doing to us and to our women and children.
  • wombat 2010/07/03 12:52:44 (edited)
    I think...
    wombat
    +1
    Its worse, its apartheid. The divided society's lives behind unvisitable walls.
  • Blueskies wombat 2010/07/05 06:00:27
    Blueskies
    +1
    Thats not true. Or if it is its new, a result of the policies since 1974.
  • wombat Blueskies 2010/07/05 11:59:18
    wombat
    Hmmm what kind of politics did we have before 74??
    However dating mostly African American woman I have experiences with certain behaviors toward me and my GF. Its quite annoying actually.
  • Blueskies wombat 2010/07/08 14:36:02 (edited)
    Blueskies
    Racism was Worse in '74, but we thought it passing. In the military it seemed almost non existant (I was discharged in '80).
    All the things done to improve matters, Civil rights, affirmitive action, race relations classes, most were done by Nixon, LBJ, JFK and Eisenhower (I remember them all). Keynesian Liberal's all .

All turn conservative in '75 - Carter, a nice guy, but effectively the first Milton Friedman neoliberal. or Monetarist as President. BTW he voted as Deacon to not allow blacks in his church.

Go back and check our economic statistics.

High Unemployment dates from 1975 forward. Runaway immigrationj starts from 1975 forward. Monetarist policies in the Federal Reserve date from 1979 forwars, when Carter was able to replace Nixons appointee with one suggessted by Rockefeller, a certain Paul Volcker, described THEN as rigidly conservative and enemy of the working class, today called a socialsist by the Republicans because he said they went too far deregulating !
  • wombat Blueskies 2010/07/08 14:45:52
    wombat
    +1
    You may start dating African American woman and have some real experiences who deep this racism really is. Most people dont even realize how deep their racism is.
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2010/07/02 02:51:22
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    +3
    I think most whites in America are not into that battle, but we've seen them come out of the woodwork since Obama was elected and I suspect we'll be seeing more. I don't think the majority are racist, but they are very vocal because they're so insecure.
  • thє вluє wαndєrєr 2010/07/02 02:25:56
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ thє вlu... 2010/07/02 02:52:50
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    +3
    I taught for 32 years, and at no time did any teacher promote "race mixing." Kids aren't the a-holes their parents are and they accept all kinds of people. They date who they choose to date, not who teachers tell them to date. You are so out of touch with reality.
  • O'l Jar... thє вlu... 2010/07/12 06:27:09
    O'l Jarhead
    I'm not sure that you are correct in the PROMOTION of mixing. Perhaps, ACCEPTANCE might be more accurate. You are right about racial conflict however. Look at prisons as a quick example. In the mid 1990's I volunteered as a parent intervention activist. (I couldn't get hired as a gang intervention specialist because of not enough experience and interaction with law enforcement) I had a long period of unemployment, so I had the time to work with gang intervention folks that WERE on the clock. Race is the most OBVIOUS difference we notice about each other. Foreign born Asians vs American born Asians. Tongans vs Samoans. Filipinos from the south vs Filipinos from the north. Cambodians vs Vietnamese. Mexicans vs Black and so on and so on....These young men, and girls too, were always ready to mug on sombody that looked different than themselves, unless the other guys were drippin samie samie. Using race was the easiest way to dis some slobs or some other set. Of the young guys that got sent up, ALL had to join the prison gang of their ethnicity, even if they were former enemies on the stroll. In the work place you'll also notice that brothers of the colors will hang. Though many of us of varying ethnicity will kick it, racism ain't played out yet. And that will play out as one group feels they are being dogged by another.

2014/07/22 18:58:01