Is the War on Women Real or Manufactured?

Politics got personal on Wednesday when Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen accused Mitt Romney's wife, Ann Romney, of having "never worked a day in her life." It moved Mrs. Romney to send her first tweet ever ("I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work"), setting off a debate over the decision to work or stay home. But The Christian Science Monitor is calling it a "fake" debate.

Ann told Fox News, "[Rosen] should have come to my house when those five boys were causing so much trouble, it wasn’t so easy. My career choice was to be a mother. And I think all of us need to know that we need to respect the choices that women make. Other women make other choices to have a career and raise a family, which I think Hilary Rosen has actually done herself. I respect that, that's wonderful... We have to respect women in all those choices that they make."

But Rosen is sticking to her guns, and responded to the criticism in a CNN editorial: "I have no judgments about women who work outside the home versus women who work in the home raising a family. I admire women who can stay home and raise their kids full time. I even envy them sometimes. It is a wonderful luxury to have the choice. But let's stipulate that it is not a choice that most women have in America today." We're not sure if Hilary Rosen or Ann Romney wins this debate, but that's not really the point. Do you think these kinds of feuds are real -- or just manufactured to get a vote in politics?

• Live Fr... scarfy 2012/04/14 14:13:49
    Live Free Or Die
    +1
    What a stupid comment. Having to fly out of the country or go to another state to obtain a legal, safe abortion adds an extra burden, and if the po' are responsible enough to go to the clinic to get pre-natal care and birth control, why shouldn't they be able to?
  • scarfy Live Fr... 2012/04/16 02:49:07
    scarfy
    What a stupid comment. You can get birth control anywhere in the USA . Go to the damn drugstore and buy condoms and use them! We also have free will. Ever heard of keeping your legs together?
  • Live Fr... scarfy 2012/04/16 03:13:29
    Live Free Or Die
    Sometimes birth control fails. Sometimes a pregnancy can threaten a woman's life, like a tubal pregnancy, where she needs an abortion. How about minding your own business about what other people do, jackass! unless you want to pay more taxes for all those unintended pregnancies, mind your business, fool.
  • Live Fr... scarfy 2012/04/16 03:14:12
    Live Free Or Die
    remember you made a nasty comment to me first, idiot.
  • Jane scarfy 2012/04/14 23:48:14
    Jane
    If you pay high insurance premiums they should pay for your drugs including birth control.
  • scarfy Jane 2012/04/16 02:51:32
    scarfy
    Maybe so but a religious institution should not have to pay for your contraception.
  • Live Fr... scarfy 2012/04/16 03:16:59
    Live Free Or Die
    if they employ or service anyone other than Catholics, they need to mind their own business! It's that person's private insurance once they pay for it, you dope.
  • Jane scarfy 2012/04/16 06:11:05
    Jane
    No one is asking them to. What they will be required to do is provide insurance. Anyone whose religion forbids them to take birth control does not have to take it. But regular sane people should have it available, this is 2012.
  • Bob 2012/04/14 02:24:50
    Real
    Bob
    +4
    But the war is on the Democrat side. With the Dems, always look at what they accuse the GOP of doing and know that is what they are doing already.
  • joseph ... Bob 2012/04/14 03:06:10
  • Live Fr... joseph ... 2012/04/14 03:31:26
    Live Free Or Die
    +1
    No doubt about it, blind as a bat.
  • Charles Braley 2012/04/14 02:16:48
    Manufactured
    Charles Braley
    +4
    By the head dumboldcat himself!
  • tncdel 2012/04/14 02:08:21
    Manufactured
    tncdel
    +4
    Actually Barack Obama himself has been waging a WAR AGAINST BABIES AND WOMEN WHO WANT TO HAVE THEM. Please see:
  • PBUTTERBOY77 2012/04/14 02:04:05
    Manufactured
    PBUTTERBOY77
    +6
    There's a war on woman about as much as Oslima tells the truth twice in one sentence.
    Because every other word out of his mouth is a lie.
  • Dan 2012/04/14 02:02:25
    Manufactured
    Dan
    +6
    I am truly dissapointed at how many people here are so easily fooled by this engineered sleight of hand distraction. Economy anyone? Hello, anybody there?
  • abubinc... Dan 2012/04/14 02:36:19
    abubincrazy
    +1
    DEBT, anyone?
    Desecration of the US Constituiton, anyone?
    Wholesale BETRAYAL of the American people,anyone?!?
  • Used2likeBiden 2012/04/14 01:59:23
    Manufactured
    Used2likeBiden
    +5
    WithThat moron Rosen already admitted it was a phony war. They started it when they trotted out stephanopoulous on bogus contraception issue to distract and change the narrative any time O gets negative press. Rosen picked fluke for her theatricks.

Anita Dunn and Rosen work as a team. O operatives that boast that they control the media and narrative any time they want.
  • macy 2012/04/14 01:55:59
    Real
    macy
    +2
    Someone seriously thinks their ISN'T a war on women? You gotta be kidding me. With these new birth control laws being proposed and incredibly intrusive abortion laws as well, saying there isn't a war on women is a joke. Also, staying at home and raising 5 kids is perfectly fine, that's not the relevant part of the debate...it's just the laws they're proposing! Looking at the way culture is changing right now, it reflects trends in which sexism became more accepted.
  • tncdel macy 2012/04/14 02:11:03 (edited)
    tncdel
    There is, only it's Barack Obama who is waging that war against women. See:
  • scarfy tncdel 2012/04/14 05:32:14
    scarfy
    There's an economic and personal freedom war against Americans!
  • macy tncdel 2012/05/06 20:16:35
    macy
    Maybe he is against women but the far right are certainly more so.
  • Bob macy 2012/04/14 02:11:11 (edited)
    Bob
    The laws are simply trying to rein in some of the war on unborns that the liberal Democrat Party has in place. Do you have something against unborn children?
  • Gerald ... Bob 2012/04/14 04:36:31
  • macy Bob 2012/05/06 20:20:02
    macy
    If there is a choice between a woman possibly ending up in a mental hospital all of her life because she had a child, or aborting a fetus that doesn't know it's alive, can't feel pain and has no relatives to grieve its absence, the answer is clear.
  • scarfy macy 2012/04/14 05:28:35
    scarfy
    +1
    Yes. Stop CHOOSING to be a victim!!!!!!!!
  • scarfy macy 2012/04/14 05:31:00
    scarfy
    +1
    You can buy birth control ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!! I live in an area that has 7 stores that carry birth control within two blocks. Buy it and PLEASE use it. Or do you just want to be a victim?
  • macy scarfy 2012/05/06 20:22:07
    macy
    You need to stop assuming things, scarfy...I'm talking about low income women who can't afford it, not me. Stop saying I "choose" to be a victim, that is a lie. I just happen to consider others, not only myself, because I'm not selfish.
  • Frank 2012/04/14 01:52:53
    Manufactured
    Frank
    +4
    I worked, my wife stayed at home and raised our boys, she had it harder than I did, and she is as smart as they get. Cudo's to my wife, and my boys are wonderful citizens and as nice as they get all thanks to my wife......
  • Bob Frank 2012/04/14 02:14:01
    Bob
    +3
    But there is a war on women going on by the Dems. They are all for choice until a woman chooses something they don't want, then it's all out war.
  • Drug Free Frank 2012/04/14 03:01:40
    Drug Free
    +2
    Yes...it seems that it works better that way...more of a balanced relationship.
    Not that it is the perfect way for each couple but it certainly helps if a women "wants" to be a stay at home mother and she is devoted and committed to raising the children full time and never questioning the very important role she plays in society.
    It has a lot to do with the attitudes of both the man and women.
    If the husband is 100 % supportive of the womens role ( so to speak) and works hard at helping to do everything that needs to be done and does not come with an attitude about what is womens work verses mens work and simply comes home and demands to be served and catered to because he believes he has already done all that he is required to do then that sort of attitude and behaviour does not fit well in todays modern marriage and marital social environment.
    Maybe 50 years ago it did but not now.
    I would say the men have to work all the harder then ever before to make the marriages work with less chance for male / female animosity and trouble in the marriage.
    If a women is not content to be at home with the children and wants to have a carreer and a husband and the children and the house and all the toys in life she can obtain during the marriage then it is obviously going to be more of a struggle for the couple.
    Simple / basic role playing in the marriage does work as long as each person is continually content with the marital situation.
  • Live Fr... Drug Free 2012/04/14 14:32:18
    Live Free Or Die
    Do you think most women fall into that category? Or do you think the vast majority think spending time and taking care of their children is really more important than having extras outside of the activities, camps, sports and music lessons for their children that often cost quite a bit of money?
  • Drug Free Live Fr... 2012/04/15 02:31:22
    Drug Free
    In North America woman can more or less choose to do what ever they want to do.
    If they want to stay home and be a stay at home Mom and wife then I support that and we all know it is better for the children that way.
    If the mother wants to juggle both a job or career and raise kids at the same time then she is welcome to try..but it is far more of a struggle.
    In many cases the women have no choice because if they do not get out there and work then the children are going to be the ones suffering.
    Children or no children makes a big differnece concening what the woman wants to do in a marriage.
    The other major factor of course is the husband and father.
    What he wants or what suits his needs and desires in the relationship has to also be factored into the whole family affair.
    Not easy for both parents when children are involved and the family is struggling to make ends meet and there is a lot of unexpected stress.
    You soon learn who can handle the stress and how people react to the stress.
  • Live Fr... Drug Free 2012/04/15 15:04:32
    Live Free Or Die
    That's fair, although I don't think men and women all have the same opportunities to do what they want in North America. Dealing with stress means listening to each other and caring about how the other feels. It came more naturally to me than my -exes to do the child rearing. All I ever wanted was some respect for it and I never got it, and never will. That may be just as much of a stressor in a marriage as a woman who wants to work more than stay home and doesn't need to, especially if the man is not inclined to do the lion's share of the child raising.
  • Drug Free Live Fr... 2012/04/16 06:59:35 (edited)
    Drug Free
    Well has that not been the way of marriages throughout history. Both men and women practicing a varying degree of animosity towards one another concerning a number of male - female issues that women and men never really agree on....especially when married.
    From a mans point of view it is the natural order ( so to speak ) to allow the women to stay at home and raise the children because it starts with breast feeding the children ( us men can not do that...LOL) while carefully nurturing the babies and young children so why not let the women carry on and raise the children full time while the men take care of other matters just as vital and important to the "well being" of all involved.
    It has only been in the last 100 years that thechnology and social developement has been such that masses of women the world over have been relieved from that particular burden ( if women see it as such ) having the choices now to do near anything they want and under their terms in many respects.
    With the cooperation of your husband or man you have all the more opportunities should you so desire to follow your desires and dreams whether it be a happy and content stay at home Mother and wife or whether you aspire to be a working women first and later on also aspire to have children and raise chi...

With the cooperation of your husband or man you have all the more opportunities should you so desire to follow your desires and dreams whether it be a happy and content stay at home Mother and wife or whether you aspire to be a working women first and later on also aspire to have children and raise children and play both ends of the field.
    To each their own of course but you have to factor in the reality that your decisions, as a married woman, can and will commonly effect other people in your circle of relations and those decisions can commonly be a conflict of interests with the other people that are involved with you while those people are, often enough, reluctantly forced to conform to your aspirations while their comfort zones are effected.
    Of course it can be the other way around with a mans aspirations and needs effecting the women and children and the marriage in negative ways also.
    Even if it is a neccessity for a women to go out and work and still have to raise the children and run a family it seems that it is a womens burden ( so to speak) more so than a mans burden. The courts and the current legal systems most often side with the women to continue raising the children and be the primary care taker rather than hand over that reponsibility to men.
    Yes, you are correct, many women feel that mother hood and stay at home mothers do not get the recognition and respect that they should get.
    Just a house wife seems to be the attitude.
    But, on the other hand many feel that women who (want children ) and want to raise kids and choose to do so are not doing anything other than what billions of women have done for the last 10,000 years, just under modern present day conditions that are continually evolving and challenging women to cope with modern day child rearing and modern day marriages and all that is entailed.
    The world does not owe you anything for your personal decisions in life and making babies and giving birth and raising children is a common practice throughout the world so just how much respect and acknowledgement do you expect to receive for performing something that nearly all humans do and have done throughout the ages.
    Raising children has always been a conflicting and sometimes contentious societal issue and women raising childen throughout history were also challenged and hardly content with their lot in life considering the hard ships they suffered and the condeming social environment they had to survive in while trying to raise children the best that they could.
    It has never been easy but certainly it is notably easier now than say 100 years ago and certainly 1000 years ago.
    I think that most women envision themselves raising children and staying at home and running a house hold while living a pleasant enough,comfortable life that can often enough be provided by a man ( in terms of money )
    If lofty goals and grand aspirations are the order of the day for some women then marrriage and children are probably going to be a major conflict of interest in the marriage and relationship.
    If more money is needed or wanted or a strong motivator then women who do go out and work full time or follow a career and also want the children must understand that it makes the married life all the more challenging for herself and for her children and for the husband and commonly for the relatives also in many aspects.
    If a women can do it all and have it all then good for her, but hopefully she will do it all and have it all graciously without causing a lot of grief and conflict or animosity or detriment to all the many people she will naturally have an effect upon.
  • Live Fr... Drug Free 2012/04/16 11:48:49
    Live Free Or Die
    I never said the world owed me respect for bringing life into this world and taking care of my children. I said I never got any respect for what I do from either father. I never expected accolades or a medal, just respect, because without it the only people to suffer besides me for it are my children. But you are on some sexist rant and I don't know where to begin. I will say this to you. If you are unhappy with woman, maybe you should try to let go and let her be who she is. If many of you men did respect women for raising your children and showed it to her, you would have the world at your feet. You'd be surprised at how much more you would receive in return for it. I've been the sole caretaker, not just in terms of taking on full responsibility from day one, sick as a dog after birth, without them lifting one finger or being there, but financially too. But the main deal breaker for me was lack of trust. Some men think threatening to take the children or get you into trouble is the way to go when there is an argument. That's what they did to me, and they lost out. It's that simple. I must feel safe when I come into my home and turn the key. That is the way it is for most people, men or women. I find the women doing most of it still, we know how to raise the ch...
    I never said the world owed me respect for bringing life into this world and taking care of my children. I said I never got any respect for what I do from either father. I never expected accolades or a medal, just respect, because without it the only people to suffer besides me for it are my children. But you are on some sexist rant and I don't know where to begin. I will say this to you. If you are unhappy with woman, maybe you should try to let go and let her be who she is. If many of you men did respect women for raising your children and showed it to her, you would have the world at your feet. You'd be surprised at how much more you would receive in return for it. I've been the sole caretaker, not just in terms of taking on full responsibility from day one, sick as a dog after birth, without them lifting one finger or being there, but financially too. But the main deal breaker for me was lack of trust. Some men think threatening to take the children or get you into trouble is the way to go when there is an argument. That's what they did to me, and they lost out. It's that simple. I must feel safe when I come into my home and turn the key. That is the way it is for most people, men or women. I find the women doing most of it still, we know how to raise the children and bring home the bacon. You men just have not caught up. It sounds to me like you are afraid of evolution, which is understandable. But it is what it is, and you either accept it or you don't. We live in a modern world, so it stands to reckon that the man just can't drag the woman around by the head of the hair and dump her wherever he sees fit, only to return later when he's in the mood. You may want that, but you're not likely to get it. Time to grow up.
  • Drug Free Live Fr... 2012/04/18 15:06:42 (edited)
    Drug Free
    What makes you say I am on some sexist rant. I am a man so I have my view about the way men and women interact in marriages from a mans point of view...which, throughout history has never suited women in many aspects.
    I am pointing out there has always been animosity and different opinions amongst men and women about how each person fits into the realm of marriage.
    Hardly a sexist rant.
    You on the other hand are telling the world about YOUR particular marital problems and frustrations and how you feel you did not get the "respect" that you thought you deserved from your men.
    When you say respect exactly what form of respect do you expect or want in your marraige?
    What would satisfy your concept of respect in a marraige???
    It sounds like the men you got involved with where irrisponsible louts..by your explanation....but I think you are more than mature enough to realise that not all men are like the ones that you married and had kids with.
    If I was to hear "their side of the story"..(the indisputable facts, and events based on the truth and nothing but the truth) can you honestly tell the world that there where NO indiscreations on your part and you are totally innocent of any wrong doing???...but ready to condem your men in an instant.

I am not unhappy with women at al...

Hardly a sexist rant.

I am not unhappy with women at all ( as you seem to think I am)..not at all but many men are unhappy with women just the same as many women are unhappy with men ( nothing new about that) ....just like I pointed out before there has always been animosity amongst men and women and commonly it is magnified during marriage.

You had a bad time in your marriage(s) ( by what you are saying ) but you can rest assured for every women who has grievences and complaints about men and their horrible or failed marriage there is a man who has equal grievences and complaints about women and their horrible or failed marriage.
    It works both ways and men also commonly complain that their wife does not respect them...Rodney Dangerfield said so.
    Many women are far from being angels and many women also have a lot of growing up to do and a whole lot of accountablility needed also
    There are more than enough totally irresponsible, self serving women out there that all too often make a mans life a living nightmare.

The grievences of men about women are far less vocal and far less publicised and far less acknowledged while women are always complaining about men as if all men are the same in every aspect.
    Most men agree that all too many of the complaints coming from women about men are hardly note worthy rather it seems to be the nature of women to whine and complain about all too many things and all to many issues that women take to heart.
    It should not come as a surprise that men are commonly indifferent to many female issues the same as women are indifferent to many male issues.

So there you go...back to the varying degree of animosity amongst men and women and it will always be that way.
  • Live Fr... Drug Free 2012/04/18 15:54:34
    Live Free Or Die
    I'm not telling the world about my marital problems. That's a gross exaggeration, but whatever. You also made gross generalizations earlier about how women shouldn't expect any undue respect for child rearing, a job they've been doing for thousands of years, or some such; I'm paraphrasing here. That sounds sexist to me in the context you phrased it, as if that job is not worthy of respect, especially where you aptly point out that it's been our role for so long (and for a variety of reasons). The men I dealt with do not think they have a responsibility or don't recognize how much work it takes to be on the job 24-7, so they can't see the disrespect they have. They dump the whole on me and are not respectful about it, then make demands that they don't have a right to, lie, cheat and attack if they don't get their way. I, in return, have been nothing but fair for my children's sake, but try not to be a martyr. This is difficult to balance. I never said there aren't women like that, or that all men are this way. I've learned my lesson and I know what my own failings are. But the bottom line was there wasn't anything I could do to fix it due to the threats. I've learned my lesson since then and am in a very stable relationship now. I think you're just mad because I thi...
    I'm not telling the world about my marital problems. That's a gross exaggeration, but whatever. You also made gross generalizations earlier about how women shouldn't expect any undue respect for child rearing, a job they've been doing for thousands of years, or some such; I'm paraphrasing here. That sounds sexist to me in the context you phrased it, as if that job is not worthy of respect, especially where you aptly point out that it's been our role for so long (and for a variety of reasons). The men I dealt with do not think they have a responsibility or don't recognize how much work it takes to be on the job 24-7, so they can't see the disrespect they have. They dump the whole on me and are not respectful about it, then make demands that they don't have a right to, lie, cheat and attack if they don't get their way. I, in return, have been nothing but fair for my children's sake, but try not to be a martyr. This is difficult to balance. I never said there aren't women like that, or that all men are this way. I've learned my lesson and I know what my own failings are. But the bottom line was there wasn't anything I could do to fix it due to the threats. I've learned my lesson since then and am in a very stable relationship now. I think you're just mad because I think you have a sexist viewpoint, at least on this thread. Many men and women do, but it's the degree to which that's true, that counts. We are different genders, not different species. I think you take it too far.
  • Drug Free Live Fr... 2012/04/19 02:32:15 (edited)
    Drug Free
    Funny that you should talk about sexist rants practiced by men as though women do not practice female sexism and practice female sexist rants while continually lamenting men.
    Commonly, It is all one sided in the minds of women who can do no wrong in a marital relationship and that is what is projected by women and society believes it.
    A lot of it has to do with attitude and for every man who has an attititude about women there is a woman who has an attititude about men.
    As I said before: You had marital problems with the men in your life but that does not mean that all men are like the men that you had problems with.
    If another man gave you the respect and recognition that you say is needed in a marital relationship then you are suggesting that would have been all that was needed to keep the marriage afloat.
    Because you did not get the respect you feel you should be afforded the marriage was not worthy of continuing for you.
    What is needed to appease you concerning this matter of respect and what would a man have to do to display his respect for you within your marriage.
    I am curious to know.
    You mean to tell us the men in your marriages where totally awfull and they did nothing to contribute to the marriage while you did everything and you can not be faulted.
    Tell us...

I am curious to know.
    Tell us what the man should have done verses what they did do or did not do while acknowledging the world over what people want and or demand is not what evolves to their satisfaction.
    But let the world know the Men that you did marry did not do what you expected them to do ....but not all men are like that.
    Let the world know that you ended up with the wrong kind of men with the wrong attitude but you know that there are plenty of men out there that are not like the men you unfortunately ended up with.
    Let the world know that you are not condeming all men...just the ones that do not conform to your ideals and your needs and desires in a marital relationship.

Meantime most men recognise and respect what women do or have to do in a maritial relationship.
    Men know that it is important and many men show their appreciation and demonstrate their respect for the commitments and ongoing efforts of women concerning child rising and the part or role they play in marital relationships.
    You happened to end up with some men that make up the percent of men that probably do not respect women anyhow and or have a sexist personality about them anyhow.
    How did you end up with these men in the first place is one of the concerns.
    You learned your lessens ( as you said ) but it is obvious you are still somewhat bitter??? about those failed relationships??
    Meantime there are plenty of men out there that could remain bitter about women they married and how those particular women disrespected them and failed to live up to their ideals and needs and desires in their marital relationship.
    We would ask of them also: How did you ever end up marrying with such an "awfull" selfish, selve serving, uncaring, disrespectfull, irrisponsible, narcissistic, nut job of a woman??
    But we already basically know: It was the sex that attracted one another and or oooops.....she became pregnant so we married
    It works both ways and neither party is without fault and criticism.
  • Live Fr... Drug Free 2012/04/19 14:32:55 (edited)
    Live Free Or Die
    You've over and over again put words in my mouth to support your rants (I didn't say "men" I said "you" big difference). You also ask questions that have nothing to do with anything I said, as if that somehow makes anything you said about what I think true. It doesn't. I misquoted you the last time as you actually said "I" expect respect from the world or some such nonsense, for what I do to support your arguments when I never said anything like that. You are full of it. As far as my personal life goes, it is none of your business. Every time I've shared with you, you want more and that is wrong on your part. You should talk about yourself and your own life as examples to make your points. You are extremely nosy, I see, as if you have some right there. You don't.

I am sorry you can't find a meaningful and fulfilling relationship with a woman. I am in a great relationship now and have been for some time, 6 years, and we work together and we are very happy. He's more of a man than you could ever be. Again, I'm sorry you can't find such happiness. But that has to do with the man in the mirror. Start there. Self examination is key. You have a long way to go.
  • Drug Free Live Fr... 2012/04/20 02:25:37 (edited)
    Drug Free
    There you go..twisting everything like so many women do.
    Making assumptions and then making personal attacks as is so common with women when having a debate and difference of opinion.
    My younger feminist Sister practices that kind of argumentive style all the time while "attacking" the person she is debating with.
    I have come to the conclusion it is out of frustration when people do not agree with her so the last resort is to attack, attack,attack a persons character ..even if none of it is valid or true or certainly not warranted and uncalled for.

You have stated for the record:

Hmmmm...where in any of my submission have I even alluded to myself not ever having a meaningfull relationship. This is a total assumption on your part and small minded to assume such while assuming I am a sexist man because I do not agree to your womens point of view...which I pointed out is always pr...

You have stated for the record:

Hmmmm...where in any of my submission have I even alluded to myself not ever having a meaningfull relationship. This is a total assumption on your part and small minded to assume such while assuming I am a sexist man because I do not agree to your womens point of view...which I pointed out is always present in the form of male - female animosity amongst men and women for 10,000 years
    It was you who said ( for the record ) you had failed maritial relationships until recently.
    You pointed this out and revealed it in your prior submissions.
    Meantime your going to give me advice on how to have relationships.
    Well thanks anyhow but I do not need the advice as I have always had amiable relationships with all the women I have ever known including the woman I am currently with. She does not demand that I "respect her" and make it an issue the way that you have pointed out your feelings about this seemingly all important issue ( that you brought up) about respect or lack of it.
    I am happy for you that you have found a man that is worthy of your expectations and appeases you concerning this all important matter of respect.
    ( Are you Italian and connected to the Italian Mafia in any way because they also are always bringing up the subject of respect and disrespect and lack of respect as does Rodney Dangerfield the comedian who made a fortune using the catch Phrase: "No respect", "No respect"

You were the one talking about your personal maritial problems and how your marriages did not work while talking (as if ) "all men" are the same based on your maritial experiences.
    Go back and re-read what you stated for the record because in your added submissisons you more or less recanted and said that you did not mean it that way.
    Go back to your submissions and re -read what you said about your personal marital affairs while telling everyone( for the record as this is a public forum) about how your men did not afford you the "respect" ( your words) that you believe you deserve in a marital relationship
    What excatly do you mean by no respect, as you brought up the subject in the first place but now you are not wanting to explain yourself while coming this far.
    We are all trying to learn something here about how other people make a success of their marriages and how marraiges fail...This forum is an open forum based on people opinions and experiences.
    You are the one that began to reveal your personal maritial experiences.
    I on the other hand was generalising about the relationships men and women have and the traditional roles they play while not been specific about anything in particular becausue every marraige is different and under somewhat different circumstances.
    Now you are becoming all uptight and defensive about the issue while I am still generalising about the subject of stay at home Mothers and Wives as compared to working Mothers and Wives and how it effects the children and the marital relationship.
    Near everyone agrees that if a women stays at home and raises the kids and takes care of the home and household matters while the man goes out and works and brings home the paycheck ( as in a traditional marraige scenario ) then that scenario can and often does work just fine and commoly does amongst tens of millions of married couples.
    For pointing this out and generalising you have assumed I am sexist ( your words, for the record)
    As for whether or not the man shows his respect to the women is a personal issue amongst the individual married couples and displaying respect to one another or for one another is a small part of all that is entailed in a life long marraige. In other words far more to a couples marraige, to be considered, than how much respect or lack of respect each person affords one another in the marriage.
    As for the original question about a "war on women" ( such sensational, provocative headlines) practiced by way of political agendas I would say it is not a national concern that politicians should be having to address while there are much larger national concerns to focus upon and resolve.

2014/07/30 13:13:28