Is the War on Women Real or Manufactured?

Politics got personal on Wednesday when Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen accused Mitt Romney's wife, Ann Romney, of having "never worked a day in her life." It moved Mrs. Romney to send her first tweet ever ("I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work"), setting off a debate over the decision to work or stay home. But The Christian Science Monitor is calling it a "fake" debate.

Ann told Fox News, "[Rosen] should have come to my house when those five boys were causing so much trouble, it wasn’t so easy. My career choice was to be a mother. And I think all of us need to know that we need to respect the choices that women make. Other women make other choices to have a career and raise a family, which I think Hilary Rosen has actually done herself. I respect that, that's wonderful... We have to respect women in all those choices that they make."

But Rosen is sticking to her guns, and responded to the criticism in a CNN editorial: "I have no judgments about women who work outside the home versus women who work in the home raising a family. I admire women who can stay home and raise their kids full time. I even envy them sometimes. It is a wonderful luxury to have the choice. But let's stipulate that it is not a choice that most women have in America today." We're not sure if Hilary Rosen or Ann Romney wins this debate, but that's not really the point. Do you think these kinds of feuds are real -- or just manufactured to get a vote in politics?

• Tuna niviong... 2012/04/14 23:32:15
    Tuna
    Your English is just fine.
  • niviong... Tuna 2012/04/15 14:28:29 (edited)
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    Great way to star a Sunday.
    In South Florida we call my expressions Espanglish.
    Is that Dan Marino or the new T-bone guy in your pic?
  • Tuna niviong... 2012/04/16 11:16:55
    Tuna
    Danny boy.
  • niviong... Tuna 2012/04/16 14:26:35
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    Thanks Tuna, Greatest Right Arm Ever!

It is OK with you the Marlins Stadium?; would think is a nightmare to drive by there during the games.. I know it was not easy before.
  • Tuna niviong... 2012/04/16 14:30:18
    Tuna
    +1
    It's the same place as the old Orange Bowl; East/West freeway 2 miles from downtown. The old Orange Bowl, home of the legendary Miami Dolphins who haven't been the same since they left. This new stadium is GREAT !! Dolphin Stadium (Sun-Life) Stadium is just too hot in the summer, not to speak of the tropical weather (rain at any time). This new place is alot like Tropicana Field where Tampa Rays play; AIR CONDITIONED !!!!!!!!!!! I hope they let the Dolphins play the pre-season games in the A/C.
  • vdehl 2012/04/14 14:23:28
    Real
    vdehl
    It is not a fake debate. There's much to debate about, regarding the subject of women's rights, but no one wants to call a spade, a spade, ever. So people read things into what they read. When Rosen reads Ann Romney's name, she correctly envisions a woman who lives a privileged life. All those good things rich people have are hers. Her late model luxury car is brought around by the attendant, if she drives; Her purchases are delivered; Her appointments are always made to her convenience. (Who'd be stupid enough to want to loose her?); And so on... She means she is a person who does not live with the daily inconveniences that less fortunate people endure. How much work she's done? Who knows? This envy of people who have some money is always present.

People like that however, do not necessarily advance other less fortunate people. We know that they would like to have those privileges themselves only. I have been the target of persecution by similar people of various political persuasions for years, and I can tell you that is difficult to handle. I lost my apartment, my car, my job, my mother.. the only thing left to loose is my life. I don't think their debate is ludicrous but the wrong words are used. How could they say what they really mean I wonder. "Them rich people will n...

People like that however, do not necessarily advance other less fortunate people. We know that they would like to have those privileges themselves only. I have been the target of persecution by similar people of various political persuasions for years, and I can tell you that is difficult to handle. I lost my apartment, my car, my job, my mother.. the only thing left to loose is my life. I don't think their debate is ludicrous but the wrong words are used. How could they say what they really mean I wonder. "Them rich people will never know what a pain in the ass it is to be near do wells." "I'm sorry, I know I'm at a disadvantage in this debate, because I'm a few and you are many. I have experience some inconveniences... Let me see... The boys were always boys and that was trying at times."

Do we really need this kind of debating? Wouldn't it be nice if they gave us some real issues. For instance: What can women look forward to in the area of outmoded, current, and future practices regarding medicine? Will a bunch or rich women (unlike Mrs, Romney hopefully) continue to claim that they really are men in order to make others sick. Will there be real respect for the sanctity of human life during her husband's administration? Or will all the lines be erased except when abortion is discussed? Will sweet, revered, elderly people be murdered by intentional malpractice and other new developments? Will young people become instantly elderly to pay for their living expenses?

We need to know these things to make informed voting decisions.
    USA medical malpractice Will victims continue to suffer in silence, while more and more know "something is wrong"?
  • Leinad vdehl 2012/04/14 15:59:13
    Leinad
    +1
    YOU ARE REFERRING TO DARWINIAN THOUGHT WITHIN A SOCIETY..the weak fall victim to the STRONG. In a GODLESS DARWINIAN SOCIETY/HUMAN SECULARIST'S SOCIETY, sex is not an ISSUE,SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST is the main thrust, the TOP OF THE CHAIN, PROWL on the weak and are taught to PROWL on the WEAK, and when they got their prey, have no remorse, just do it, DOMINATE WITHOUT COMPUNCTION..GODLESS ACTS OF DOMINANCE..sorry for your loss..in so many ways...
    yep
  • Lana Ri... vdehl 2012/04/14 17:18:07
    Lana Riley-Brown
    Right you are. The repukes will NOT get the Woman's votes even in the backward South .

Obama 2023
  • DavidSJ 2012/04/14 13:57:23
    Real
    DavidSJ
    +2
    It's ironic that Rosen attacks Romney's wife for not working a day in her life, when she was completely silent about Obama not working a day in his life prior to becoming a junior Senator, then President.
  • Geenie ... DavidSJ 2012/04/14 15:38:21
    Geenie Nabottle
    The man was a Harvard professor. That is a job.
  • Lana Ri... Geenie ... 2012/04/14 17:23:28
    Lana Riley-Brown
    Sure the hell is !
  • AM Lana Ri... 2012/04/14 18:17:43
  • AM Geenie ... 2012/04/14 18:15:28 (edited)
  • Geenie ... AM 2012/04/15 08:23:35
    Geenie Nabottle
    +1
    Yes you are correct in nit picking the fact that he was indeed not a Constitutional Law Professor at Harvard and was in fact a CONSTITUTIONAL LAW PROFESSOR at University of Chicago law school. Which still means he was a... PROFESSOR. So no lame brain, I am not making it up as you wish it was.

I’m sure given the fact that you evidently are incapable of even spelling p-r-o-f-e-s-s-o-r, you surely would not be able to comprehend that it is indeed a career.
  • DavidSJ AM 2012/04/20 16:24:54
    DavidSJ
    +1
    Good job. :) They don't like facts, just the reality their emotions lead them to believe.
  • Heptarch Geenie ... 2012/04/14 19:28:47
    Heptarch
    +1
    No, he wasn't. He was president of the Harvard Law Review while there, but he was never a professor.

He was a tenured lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School, however.
  • Geenie ... Heptarch 2012/04/15 08:30:26
    Geenie Nabottle
    +1
    I conceed that you are correct that he was not a Constitutional Law Professor at Harvard.

However he was a Constitutional Law PROFESSOR at the University of Chicago Law School from 92-04.

And in any event his current role is that of Commander in Chief of the United States of America where he serves at the most powerful leader in the world.
  • Heptarch Geenie ... 2012/04/16 04:24:11
    Heptarch
    Actually, the Chicago Law School thing is really a matter of semantics. He was not a Professor in name, but the School itself basically said he was one.
  • Geenie ... Heptarch 2012/04/16 05:07:56
    Geenie Nabottle
    +1
    Ahh no it is not a matter of semantics and yes he is was a professor and now President of the United States.
  • Heptarch Geenie ... 2012/04/16 15:30:40
    Heptarch
    http://www.factcheck.org/2008...

Like I said. A matter of semantics.
  • Geenie ... Heptarch 2012/04/20 23:16:02
    Geenie Nabottle
    You may want to re-read the (A) section again...
  • Heptarch Geenie ... 2012/04/20 23:22:06
    Heptarch
    It's exactly what I said. The University said that his "formal title" was senior lecturer, but that they considered him a professor.

"However, on this matter the University of Chicago Law School itself is not standing on formality, and is siding with Obama:

From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School."

So, again, as I said, semantics.
  • AM Heptarch 2012/04/15 11:17:49
  • Heptarch AM 2012/04/16 04:25:52
    Heptarch
    +1
    Yeah, I know what President of the Harvard Law Review means. But it's still impressive for a sophomore.

You're right... not tenured. That was an unintentional misrepresentation on my part. He was, for all intents and purposes an untenured professor of law at the University of Chicago Law School.
  • DavidSJ Geenie ... 2012/04/20 16:22:59
    DavidSJ
    +1
    It appears that others have responded prior to myself having a chance. But no he wasn't, then when you respond, I'll say "no he wasn't" again, and we'll go on until we either realize that Obama has lived a politically strategized life at least since college for the single purpose of becoming president and implementing a neo-socialistic society using Saul Alinsky tactics, or we will agree to disagree. Either way, I'd recommend at least looking into my response before just reacting with "Yes he did!"
  • AM DavidSJ 2012/04/20 16:39:49
  • Geenie ... DavidSJ 2012/04/20 23:20:13
    Geenie Nabottle
    You have proven yourself to be nothing more than a brain dead sheeple by your pronounced fear of GOP/RWNJ imaginary boogie men and not worth my time conversing with....
  • Lana Ri... DavidSJ 2012/04/14 17:23:01
    Lana Riley-Brown
    As A CON you would never include the President for all his jobs now would you. I don't know nwhat State you are in since you must be ashamed as you did not put it in your profile. I do under stand, you are ashamed of where you live and what you think, Use the head on top of your shoulders instead of the one you do use !
  • DavidSJ Lana Ri... 2012/04/20 16:16:28
    DavidSJ
    Firstly, I am ashamed of neither where I live, or what I think. And if your comment substantiated the need for further response, I would leave one, but it contains neither an equitable question, nor the intelligence worthy of one.
  • AM DavidSJ 2012/04/14 18:11:53
  • Heptarch AM 2012/04/14 19:29:52
    Heptarch
    +1
    He got to be President because the entire country was sick of how poorly this country was doing under conservative "leadership". He got elected because people wanted something fresh and optimistic.
  • AM Heptarch 2012/04/15 11:25:21
  • Heptarch AM 2012/04/16 05:33:49
    Heptarch
    +1
    "Fresh and optimistic ??? Those are the credentials you seek in a leader?"

Not in total, no. I was tired of ultra right wing "leadership" in the person of GW. Bush. I was tired of the trampling of our civil rights under his regime (though Obama hasn't done much about the most egregious of those, the Patriot Act). I was sick and damn tired of the slow decline of this country back toward pro-robber baron economic policies.

Am I 100% happy with Obama's administration? Nope. He hasn't done everything he's said he was going to do. He's done some of it and that makes me happy, but he hasn't done enough yet.

"BTW look at the numbers it was far from the entire country."

Yeah it was. People were deeply disillusioned with Republican leadership. We can post links to various different statistics, but the only thing you need to look at is the three successive elections that gave Democrats the Congress and the Presidency.
  • Y Lee Fox DavidSJ 2012/04/14 21:19:09
    Y Lee Fox
    An interesting viewpoint in a world where education is central to maintaining or improving the economy and well-being of a nation. Obviously, teaching in a top-quality university is not work, not good, God-fearing work like gambling with other peoples' money, operating in private-equity, or being a banker. Dad-blamed lazy perfessers - if only we had hunters, bankers, and pastors to do all the teaching we'd have better-educated students!
  • DavidSJ Y Lee Fox 2012/04/20 16:28:04
    DavidSJ
    +1
    And as unfortunate as it is, Obama was neither a professor, or God-fearing. Would be nice though!
  • Swampdog PWCM 2012/04/14 13:56:01
    Manufactured
    Swampdog PWCM
    +1
    The war on women is made up bullsnot, to keep Americas eyes off Obamas horrid record! The little weasel can't convince enough stupid voters to reelect him if he talks about his achievements.
  • Lana Ri... Swampdo... 2012/04/14 17:26:09
    Lana Riley-Brown
    Believe what you want ! Women know it is real 100 %
  • Swampdo... Lana Ri... 2012/04/14 18:33:13
    Swampdog PWCM
    Just wait till the worthless democrats enact Sharia Law, then you'll experience persecution along with what ever else you think is affecting your ability to experience total freedom. Now get back in the kitchen!
  • jlolli Lana Ri... 2012/04/16 12:06:16
    jlolli
    Lana, just courious... as women know its real, can you provide some examples of this alleged "war on women"?
  • Leinad 2012/04/14 13:55:45
    Manufactured
    Leinad
    +3
    Started as coordinated effort from ABC's Stephanopulous's question during the REPUBS debate, stephanopulous brought it up about contraception(which at the time wasn't even on the RADAR of discussion), moving to the media front to NBC and CABLE NEWS were able to find another way to bring about the obama health care imitative( at the BEHEST of the CAUCASIAN HOUSE in DC and secondly to pit the sexes against one another ( classic marxist move) and just a political "slight of hand" (con artists tool of trade), a THREE FOLD RUSE....and wa la , the pink/purple/caucasian-house in dc used all their media contacts to start this MEDIA BLITZ of SLIGHT OF HAND..just another tactic to DIVERT attention to obama's abysmal and pathetic record of REALLY HELPING AMERICA GET BACK ON HER FEET and become the leader once again in WORLD ECONOMICS and MILITARY and POLITICAL STRENGTH; in matter of fact this coordinated effort had well placed media plants that were CRACKER HOUSE friendly and the hired OUTHOUSE in DC contacts were the obama's friends, (anita dunn for example) her PR firms that are SOCIALISTIC and COMMUNISTIC based PROPAGANDA, they handled the presentation and the EXPECTED RETORTS and OPPOSITION to this FEIGNED WAR on SUPPOSEDLY THE WOMEN OF THE U.S.( the CRACKER'S HOUSE can deny it all t...

Started as coordinated effort from ABC's Stephanopulous's question during the REPUBS debate, stephanopulous brought it up about contraception(which at the time wasn't even on the RADAR of discussion), moving to the media front to NBC and CABLE NEWS were able to find another way to bring about the obama health care imitative( at the BEHEST of the CAUCASIAN HOUSE in DC and secondly to pit the sexes against one another ( classic marxist move) and just a political "slight of hand" (con artists tool of trade), a THREE FOLD RUSE....and wa la , the pink/purple/caucasian-house in dc used all their media contacts to start this MEDIA BLITZ of SLIGHT OF HAND..just another tactic to DIVERT attention to obama's abysmal and pathetic record of REALLY HELPING AMERICA GET BACK ON HER FEET and become the leader once again in WORLD ECONOMICS and MILITARY and POLITICAL STRENGTH; in matter of fact this coordinated effort had well placed media plants that were CRACKER HOUSE friendly and the hired OUTHOUSE in DC contacts were the obama's friends, (anita dunn for example) her PR firms that are SOCIALISTIC and COMMUNISTIC based PROPAGANDA, they handled the presentation and the EXPECTED RETORTS and OPPOSITION to this FEIGNED WAR on SUPPOSEDLY THE WOMEN OF THE U.S.( the CRACKER'S HOUSE can deny it all they want, but they are in it HIP DEEP, just a ruse to get all of america to look at this ISSUE). They dominate the issues by the BLITZ, they made this war on women, and now with EGG on their faces with this IDIOT friend of the purple people's house in dc. HILARY ROSEN'S fricken SEXIST comment, the WHITE MAN'S HOUSE in dc, got caught in their own RUSE.It back fired. I figured they were so elated with ZIMMERMAN being WHITE and having a GUN, and KILLED A YOUNG BLACK KID, they had their FOR SURE RE-ELECTION "smoking gun" issue, they all "CAME " at once, and waiting for their afterwards CIGARETTE, and their was NO ONE to steer the helm of this massive RUSE on AMERICAN POLITICS and ISSUES they need to DISTRACT the american public, OBAMA RE-ELECTION CAMPAIGN and his PR firms and friends just had TOO MANY LIES TO KEEP UP WITH...

THERE IS NO WAR ON WOMEN, except the MANUFACTURED ONES by the DEMOCRATS. Iif anyone should point the finger at anyone as to starting this WAR, and are MAD, the finger of guilt should point at obama, he used the WOMEN of OUR COUNTRY just like ISLAM treats their women, USE THEM , ABUSE THEM and ENSLAVE THEM.

I assume his merry band of RACERS and RACE PIMPS and ISLAMIC and COMMIE FRIENDS are devising and hatching another EVIL PLAN, to either get the majority of the women's vote and if not, then they will go onto another line in to the women, or divert and blame the CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN MALE , THE REAL REPUBLICAN and EGALITARIAN CAPITALISTS for something, they will find the one issue that will casue RIOTS to break out, OH THEY DID ALREADY, with Zimmerman issue, just waiting from orders from the PINK HOUSE in DC.....I WANT TO SAY, GOING UP AS AN LIBERAL ACTIVIST and CONVERTING TO SANITY, IT IS SO SAD for the PROGRAMMED and INCOTRINATED YOUNG WOMEN who buy this WHOOEY from these RACERS, RACE PIMPS, COMMUNISTIC and SOCIALISTIC CONTROL FREAKS..so sad, you are their SLAVES and aren't even aware..I GUESS IGNORANCE IS BLISS, until you hit the SCOLDING HOT WATER...

2014/11/24 00:08:56