Is the War on Women Real or Manufactured?

Politics got personal on Wednesday when Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen accused Mitt Romney's wife, Ann Romney, of having "never worked a day in her life." It moved Mrs. Romney to send her first tweet ever ("I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work"), setting off a debate over the decision to work or stay home. But The Christian Science Monitor is calling it a "fake" debate.

Ann told Fox News, "[Rosen] should have come to my house when those five boys were causing so much trouble, it wasn’t so easy. My career choice was to be a mother. And I think all of us need to know that we need to respect the choices that women make. Other women make other choices to have a career and raise a family, which I think Hilary Rosen has actually done herself. I respect that, that's wonderful... We have to respect women in all those choices that they make."

But Rosen is sticking to her guns, and responded to the criticism in a CNN editorial: "I have no judgments about women who work outside the home versus women who work in the home raising a family. I admire women who can stay home and raise their kids full time. I even envy them sometimes. It is a wonderful luxury to have the choice. But let's stipulate that it is not a choice that most women have in America today." We're not sure if Hilary Rosen or Ann Romney wins this debate, but that's not really the point. Do you think these kinds of feuds are real -- or just manufactured to get a vote in politics?

• Mike Lynn DC 2012/04/21 15:34:43
    +1
    Yes the conservatives have a scheme. Listen to them they know what's better for you than you do.
  • cestmon... Mike 2012/06/04 23:40:46
    cestmonopinion
    But yet they say government is intrusive. LOL.
  • Damien ... Lynn DC 2012/06/22 18:05:11
    Damien Smith
    Then you better spread your legs for the trans-vaginal probe that conservatives want you to have before your allowed to control your own body.
  • jeane Damien ... 2012/04/14 00:55:15
    jeane
    +1
    No it isn't.
  • betsy 2012/04/13 15:46:02
    Manufactured
    betsy
    +1
    This is obviously not real! The romneys just need the attention and sympathy of women! They will not receive a vote from me!
  • Raymond Allamby 2012/04/13 15:43:16
    Real
    Raymond Allamby
    +6
    hmmmmmmmm, let's see. repealing the fair pay laws in wisconsin, making a huge stink about contraception, and trying to force women to undergo a vaginal ultrasound. looking pretty anti-woman to me.
  • Evy Raymond... 2012/04/13 15:59:59
    Evy
    +1
    You are so right!!
  • Nomad58 Raymond... 2012/04/23 17:41:55
    Nomad58
    The Fair Pay Law was not repealed in Wisconsin he just overturned the 2009 bill which tried it in State courts. Walker sent it back to Federal Courts where Civil cases of this type should be heard.

Nobody but Santorum and Fluke/Obama made a big deal about contraception. Fluke attends a Catholic University and expects women student to be given free birth control. That is against Catholic Doctrine so it's 1st Amendment ~ pick another College, duh.

The whole thing was a setup and Santorum walked right into the trap. Romney in a debate prior to the circus was ask by a mediahead about contraception and replied we don't have a problem with contraception it is legal in all 50 States and our territories. Yet now Libs are saying he opposes contraception.

Again there is no requirement to undergo vaginal ultrasound. The doctor must ask and explain the procedure. They are seldom used past the first few weeks due to possible injury. The patient always has the right to refuse.

So this whole anti-women war was orchestrated by the Obama camp. If something is pumped up like that you should examine the instigators. Are they really that friendly to women? Look how Obama attacked Hillery, then Palin on a level one would never strike a man. Do they give the same support to women under media attack a...

So this whole anti-women war was orchestrated by the Obama camp. If something is pumped up like that you should examine the instigators. Are they really that friendly to women? Look how Obama attacked Hillery, then Palin on a level one would never strike a man. Do they give the same support to women under media attack as men ~ no they can them. Also Obama pays his male staffers 18% more than women staffers.
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/bri...
    http://www.nationalreview.com...

Now his surrogate Hilary Rosen's has attacked Ann Romney and stay at home moms and he is slow to respond. You know the score if you have watched any station.

Also, The Obama Administration was the force behind the more intrusive TSA searches. These aggressive pat-downs have failed to reveal any additional threats, yet have increased waits at the Security Check Points and caused a great loss for the airlines as people stopped flying.
  • Raymond... Nomad58 2012/04/23 18:48:08 (edited)
  • Nomad58 Raymond... 2012/04/23 19:33:41 (edited)
    Nomad58
    No the law is not gone. It is still there and will continue to be tried in Federal courts as it was before 2009.

Right-wing pundits were talking about exactly what I said ~ requiring Religious Institutions to provide contraception for their Staff and Students when it goes against their beliefs.

Ultrasound was the requirement. The vaginal ultrasound was never required in any law as it only has a limited window when it can be used. The Progressives needed to bring that up so they could scream "legal rape".

Hillary Rosen DNC consultant has been an incredibly frequent visitor to the White House – at least 35 times, including five times directly with the president of the United States.
    http://michellemalkin.com/201...

If you have not yet figured out that it is not the Republicans who are waging war on Women then it is no wonder you fail to make the logical shift to Obama. Let me guess, your Daddy was a Dem, now you are a Dem and that is all you ever knew. Thinking is too hard for you so the DNC is great because all they need is sheep who just shallow their propaganda and join the mob.

Just like with you did with Bush you call people with advanced degrees "Stupid" while the only paper you have is a high school diploma. You know nothing of research and fail to do any on your own prior ...

http://michellemalkin.com/201...

Just like with you did with Bush you call people with advanced degrees "Stupid" while the only paper you have is a high school diploma. You know nothing of research and fail to do any on your own prior to making a total fool of yourself.

PS: Michelle Malkin's column is the actual White House log they claimed they could not retrieve.

Also to block someone after you reply to them is a real pussies way out when they are getting their ass handed to them. Guess that explains your kitty sniper image. A kitten popping off spitwads
  • Raymond... Nomad58 2012/04/23 20:21:43
  • cherryphi 2012/04/13 15:42:10
    Real
    cherryphi
    +5
    Both liberals and conservatives don’t want to acknowledge that the average American does not have nearly as much “choice” as we want to believe. I am a stay-at-home mom, but would love to have a career. I could write a whole book on why today, I’m still at-home versus a career mom or why I have a hard time finding a lucrative part-time job to supplement my family’s income that we desperately need.

What I see is that Ann Romney and Hilary Rosen are not as far apart from each other as they seem. Their lives are both marked with pride, greed, and entitlement. THEY are BOTH privileged. It’s like they are two popular high school girls fighting in public, with much higher stakes.

In the meantime, I as an average woman, am completely silenced.
    My freedoms I strive for nowadays are not to be judged, labeled, excluded or silenced because I refuse to join the dominant discourse, and to find community with people of various class, sex, race or religious backgrounds. So where are the real people at?
  • Evy cherryphi 2012/04/13 15:52:26
    Evy
    +1
    You are so right cherryphi. They really don't know how it is to live with little income, they have no idea what real women go through.
  • cherryphi 2012/04/13 16:00:36
    +1
    cherryphi - THANKYOU!!! That was beautifully written. Thankyou for giving us such an eloquent voice. And for the record, I am in the same boat - worked for years, currently unemployed, still trying to find work. In the mean time, I volunteer as much as possible to stay busy.
  • cherryphi 2012/04/13 16:45:03
    cherryphi
    Thank you as well. I'm so glad I'm not alone. Just keep on moving. There's still hope.
  • Sebastian cherryphi 2012/04/13 19:46:43
    Sebastian
    +1
    All the people pushing various agendas these days are missing the bigger picture...that America is in deep trouble financially and that our political system has become increasingly corrupt. And LOL at your comparison...it really is like the Prom Queen squabbling with the captain of the cheerleading squad while the rest of us "peons" are just happy to have something to eat and a roof over our heads at the end of the day :)
  • Nomad58 cherryphi 2012/04/23 19:37:24
    Nomad58
    Then why don't you write a book?
    Also Ann Romney is a Mormon those things you accused her of are sins.
    Can you give examples were she has displayed them or are you just guessing?
  • StevenSimmons33 2012/04/13 15:42:02
    Manufactured
    StevenSimmons33
    +4
    dems trying to make us watch something other then the prez failures
  • Bigsky007 2012/04/13 15:41:04
    Manufactured
    Bigsky007
    +2
    Hilary Rosen’s comment was about Mitt Romney and economics and not about his wife’s homemaker status. It was about Romney. Romney, running for President, said that he asks his wife for information about the economy. Are you kidding me? That’s an insult! Why doesn’t he, who would be President, travel the highways and byways of this country and ask folks in the Appalachians and Mississippi Delta and small business women, who are employing people and trying to make a payroll? Are women in such areas not worthy of Romney’s consideration? Has Romney’s wealth made him lazy? That was the meat of Hilary’s comment.

Similarly, President Obama made a statement in which he reminded GOP folks about how over the years they have been super critical of the Courts, calling them everything but children of God. Smash cats screams were heard that Obama was attacking the court. All my life, I have heard GOP Presidents, wanna-be’s and others on that side rip the courts from left to right. Now, suddenly the Roberts’
    Court is holy and untouchable by mere mortals?
  • deadinthescene 2012/04/13 15:40:41
    Real
    deadinthescene
    +3
    Only Republicans say this is manufactured. The war on women from the right is VERY real.
  • Nomad58 deadint... 2012/04/23 19:42:50
    Nomad58
    And only Progressive say it's Real, because they made it up.

BTW, Libertarian here and I see through both of you.
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/04/13 15:40:12
    Manufactured
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +2
    Never let a crisis go to waste, I think uttered by Rahm Emanuel.

Hey progressive/communists .......... this first volley by Ms. Rosen certainly DID NOT win you any recruits to the cause did it? If people were on the fence regarding the Romney's, I can reasonably assure you that they did not migrate over to your side. The ugly commentary provided by Ms. Rosen is just the tip of a very big iceberg heading your way in November 2012.

You ought to be much more careful about the battles you want to win.
  • CUDDLY ... 2012/04/13 16:06:46
    Actually, you're wrong. Mrs. Romney's response indicated how out of touch she is with the real plight of most women in this country. Ms. Rosen's comment referred to the fact that Mrs. Romney didn't have to worry about the difficult decision many women face - being with family or earning a paycheck to be able to feed or house her children. (Read: "work" as "earning a paycheck, having to coomute, pay for daycare, etc.") For the record, a number of my friends, working or stay-at-home, were influenced by this - just "icing on the cake" in terms of how afraid for their rights they would be if Romney were to win the election.
  • CUDDLY ... 2012/04/13 16:08:04
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    Your occupants of the current regime couldn't distance themselves faster from Ms. Rosen's comments.

If YOU think you have a winner in recruiting people to your side, keep it up.
  • FatherLiberty 2012/04/13 15:38:02
    Manufactured
    FatherLiberty
    It is real, but the war is on everyone. There is a war against the people and the family in general. The womans rights movements was not about giving women rights to work etc. Those who funded the movement, ie the international banking elite, were interested in collecting taxes from the other half of the population. The other purpose was removing the mothers from the household and having children placed in government run schools to be raised by the state. These are not mere allegations. These statements have been admitted to by those who pushed the movement, namely the Rockefeller family. For those unaware, 100 percent of all the income taxes collected by the federal government go directly to the bankers issuing the currency of the US, the private Federal Reserve. Men are also under attack by this same system. The role of men is being diminished. As you see in movies and almost every TV show, men are always portrayed as extremely immature and lacking any level of intelligence. Chemically men are being attacked by genetically altering chemical compounds in our foods, estrogen mimickers, which also increase cancer rates in women.
  • FatherL... 2012/04/13 16:13:51
    Um... what planet do you live on? My mother, both grandmothers, several aunts, and now my cousins, sister-in-law, and I work outside the home. And NONE of the children have gone to any school that fits your description. The women in our family have become lawyers, teachers, physicians, scientists, artists, authors, peace-corps volunteers, and the men have been highly successful as well (attorneys, surgeons, entrepreneurs, teachers, business owners, international finance, chemists.) My kids (boys) are at the top of their classes, and still have time for baseball, cub scouts, student leadership, art, cooking, and yes...girlfriends.
  • FatherL... 2012/04/13 18:04:56 (edited)
    FatherLiberty
    Its call reality. If their children went to any public school or even most private schools, they were under attack. If you cant see it, you are a product of that system. I have read thousands of education department documents and work along side former heads of the department. There is no question that the school system is being used to bring in a new system through subtle indoctrination.

Who said this? "Allegiance to a nation is the biggest stumbling block to the creation of international government. National boundaries and the concept of sovereignty must be abolished. The quickest way to do this is to condition the young to another and broader alliance. Opinion favorable to international government will be developed in the social studies curriculum in the public schools." Those were the words from a handbook for teachers published by the National Education Association.

And who said this? "Conditioning is a process which may be employed by the teacher to build up attitudes in the child and predispose him to the action by which those attitudes are expressed." That sage advice is from the Yearbook of the National Education Association.

And who said this? "Education should and can be made a force to equalize the conditions of men." That was from the Secretary's Report of ...

And who said this? "Education should and can be made a force to equalize the conditions of men." That was from the Secretary's Report of the National Education Association right here in the USA.

Columnist Russell Evans wrote in 1983:

"A big wheel in the machinery of the proposed New World Order is the National Education Association, now enjoying its crowning achievement: the Cabinet-level Department of Education. In the master plan for this New World Order, a scheme that is frightening more and more Americans, it appears that the NEA wants to control education. ...this is [part of] an insidious global machine designed to crush our national sovereignty."

In its 15th Yearbook, the NEA itself declared that:

The present capitalistic and nationalistic school system has been supplanted in but one place - Russia - and that change was effected by revolution. Hence the verdict of history would seem to indicate that we are likely to have to depend upon revolution for social change of an important and far-reaching character.

Our children must be prepared for a world government. All pride of race or nationality must be destroyed. Unrestricted immigration and integration into the classroom of millions from the ghetto and the Third World must be encouraged, not out of any pretended concern for poor or oppressed peoples, but to dilute and eventually to erase our national identity as a people. Our children must be taught that traditional American moral standards and values, the heritage of our founding fathers, are outdated and repressive.

Joy Elmer Morgan, editor of the NEA Journal, wrote:
    "In the struggle to establish an adequate world government, the teacher has many parts to play. .... He can do much to prepare the hearts and minds of children for global understanding and cooperation ... At the very top of all the agencies which will assure the coming of world
    government must stand the school, the teacher and the organized profession."
  • Groundskeeper Willy 2012/04/13 15:37:48
    Manufactured
    Groundskeeper Willy
    +2
    The MSM and liberals are trying their hardest to use division and discord to sow discontent. People need to recognize it for what it is, a political ploy.
  • Claire Dobie 2012/04/13 15:35:45
    Real
    Claire Dobie
    +1
    It seems clear that we are in reverse mode as far as women's rights are concerned but I think it's more of a battle. If it escalates to full-throttle "war", no doubt we will win! I just don't understand the GOP's strategy on this issue--starting with the whole contraception denial deal--when women are America's most powerful voters, and more likely to stay informed on issues like this. They are not helping their argument by trying to pin this alleged "war" on Democrats either. Check the facts.
  • Robert 2012/04/13 15:34:53 (edited)
    Manufactured
    Robert
    I don't have a problem with women or men for that matter using contraception. What I do have a problem with is using taxpayers hard earned $$$ to supply either of them with contraception. Sexual activity is a recreational activity and therefore should be treated as such. Only women who use it for real medical reasons should be allowed to get birth control pills on the taxpayers dime if they are truly in need. AND NO TAXPAYERS SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR ANY ABORTION FOR ANY REASON!!!!! If said female chooses to have an abortion that should be paid out of her pocket and the daddy's pocket---"SIMPLE AS THAT!!!!!" Mrs. Romney is to be commended for her choice to raise a family, and be a homemaker. This is WORK, for those who think otherwise!!!
  • Claire ... Robert 2012/04/13 15:42:19
    Claire Dobie
    +1
    Dear Robert, you make some good points but what about extenuating circumstances such as rape or evidence of a health issue that could kill the mother or result in the birth of a child that will not live? Suppose the mother cannot afford an abortion? If you COULD carry a fetus, would you be able to withstand the emotional and mental trauma of carrying to full term, knowing that the child has no chance of survival?
  • Robert 2012/04/13 16:20:00
    Contraception (as in, the birth control pill) IS NOT JUST FOR PREVENTING PREGNANCY. How many times do women have to keep saying this?????? My sister-in-law took the pill to curtail horrible, painful, periods that at one point put her in the hospital (missing work.) I took the pill because I was continually getting ovarian cysts. Now that I am older, I take it to curb the side-effects of perimenopause (migraines, digestive trouble, changes in eyesight, painful periods, etc.) THIS IS NOT RECREATION. We are fighting for a quality of life and health issue here. As there is no way to essentially prove how painful a woman's migraine or period is...how do you plan to PROVE that it is medically necessary????
  • ancient... Robert 2012/04/13 16:25:16
    ancientmath
    You make some valuable points in the context of the headline, but got lost in the rhetoric of discriminatory views about women in general.

Sex is a natural human activity that without proper contraception will produce under privileged children unable to compete with the privileged. Because we are a caring race, we will subsidize them throughout their childhood and very likely into their adulthood. So which is it, pay for preventative contraception and perhaps even an abortion (in early stages, of course) or should we pay for an entire life of poverty that in turn will produce more underprivileged children/adults? You cannot prevent people from having sex, but you can educate and help them to be responsible and provide them the means to allow them without dictating religion or better-than-thou attitudes like yours (translated to "i can afford contraceptives or it doesn't affect me, but you can't so you're not allowed to have sex...ever") hence forcing them into poverty because someone impregnated said female then ran off without retribution (raped or not in the case of dead beat daddies).
  • miranda monet 2012/04/13 15:34:46
    Real
    miranda monet
    +1
    The GOP Started it & Now its Too Hot for them in this so their all trying to BACK STEP It . Nice try but independents like me will REMEMBER JUSt like Romney CARE . Flip Flopper!!!!!
  • Jose Hernandez 2012/04/13 15:32:46
    Manufactured
    Jose Hernandez
    +2
    Democrats are making up some other civil rights issue here to get elected. propaganda how it works
  • Claire ... Jose He... 2012/04/13 15:44:42
    Claire Dobie
    +2
    But Democrats didn't start this! When will you get it?
  • Jose He... Claire ... 2012/04/17 15:52:15
    Jose Hernandez
    I do now.
  • Marshal Artz 2012/04/13 15:32:32
    Real
    Marshal Artz
    +1
    It is on the Republican side. Hilary Rosen made a mistake in the words she used, She should have said, never held a job or needed a job to help support her familial. What woman wouldn't want to stay at home and raise their kids, rather than punch the clock? In other words most women don't have a choice.
  • Claire ... Marshal... 2012/04/13 15:51:52
    Claire Dobie
    +1
    I agree. Ms. Rosen should have been more thoughtful about her choice of words. And this is why engaging brain before speaking is so important. Lord knows, politicians on both sides have made their share of gaffes and mis-speaks. Words must be measured carefully--especially the spoken word. What bothers me is this incessant need to seize every opportunity to capitalize on a badly-phrased statement. Now, Romney is SELLING bumper stickers to counter Rosen's mistake. Are we going to have six more months of this childish behavior?
  • Marshal... Claire ... 2012/04/14 00:31:49
    Marshal Artz
    She has since apologized for her gaff, and I believe she explained her point. But Ann Romney has never Had to work to help support the family like most working women do. She is not typical. Admit it, how she said it didn't seem so bad at the time, and everyone makes mistakes, i agree, it is childish.

2014/09/17 21:39:28