Is the War on Women Real or Manufactured?

Politics got personal on Wednesday when Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen accused Mitt Romney's wife, Ann Romney, of having "never worked a day in her life." It moved Mrs. Romney to send her first tweet ever ("I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work"), setting off a debate over the decision to work or stay home. But The Christian Science Monitor is calling it a "fake" debate.

Ann told Fox News, "[Rosen] should have come to my house when those five boys were causing so much trouble, it wasn’t so easy. My career choice was to be a mother. And I think all of us need to know that we need to respect the choices that women make. Other women make other choices to have a career and raise a family, which I think Hilary Rosen has actually done herself. I respect that, that's wonderful... We have to respect women in all those choices that they make."

But Rosen is sticking to her guns, and responded to the criticism in a CNN editorial: "I have no judgments about women who work outside the home versus women who work in the home raising a family. I admire women who can stay home and raise their kids full time. I even envy them sometimes. It is a wonderful luxury to have the choice. But let's stipulate that it is not a choice that most women have in America today." We're not sure if Hilary Rosen or Ann Romney wins this debate, but that's not really the point. Do you think these kinds of feuds are real -- or just manufactured to get a vote in politics?

• soberso... Deb 2012/04/30 22:36:59
    sobersouljah
    Hhmmm ???? it is as if they have a mental disorder that prevents them from seeing that they cause the results born from their own choices

" Profile of the Sociopath "

... * Grandiose Sense of Self
    Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

... * Irresponsibility/Unreliability
    Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

* Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
    Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

* Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
    Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

~~~~~wait a minute - it seems we are describing the modern day leftist... Let's continue with politicians in mind as well ~~~~~

* Pathological Lying
    Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

* Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
    A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Doe...

" Profile of the Sociopath "

... * Grandiose Sense of Self

... * Irresponsibility/Unreliability

* Pathological Lying

* Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
    A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

* Shallow Emotions
    When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

* Need for Stimulation
    Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html
    liberalism is a mental disorder
    wayne brady slap a bitch
  • Mateusz ShelbyS... 2012/04/20 05:40:47 (edited)
    Mateusz
    Because there is a law making it illegal for women to spill their gametes? You either fail biology, or logic, or both.
  • CAPISCE ShelbyS... 2012/04/21 04:25:44
    CAPISCE
    I hope you have a flat head so I have somewhere to put my beer when getting a BJ
  • kepowell ShelbyS... 2012/04/23 16:48:21
    kepowell
    Good one Shelby. I haven't seen the men so riled in some time.... and we all know how the truth hurts.
  • Dale th... ShelbyS... 2012/05/01 16:27:59
    Dale the whale
    If they passed a law making it illegal to put our tongues out of our mouths then we'd see how many women would be outraged.
  • JET ShelbyS... 2012/06/02 19:26:36
    JET
    I'm a male and have no problem at all with your comment. It would save the taxpayers billions of dollars and just maybe it would force some of these duds to be a stand up dad, willing or not.
  • jeffro2010 2012/04/19 06:57:12
    Manufactured
    jeffro2010
    By both sides.
  • Capn Ameruhka 2012/04/19 05:24:22
    Manufactured
    Capn Ameruhka
    Oh yea, I totally hear people arguing about this all the time...-_- (strong sarcastic overtone implied)
  • forward 2012/04/19 04:25:31
    Real
    forward
    +6
    how could any woman vote for a republican? or any many who ever cared about a woman? or any man who knows a woman? republicans hate women.
  • Rod forward 2012/04/19 11:22:10 (edited)
    Rod
    +2
    You have been fooled and blinded so thoroughly by the Left Wing, Liberal Democratic establishment that you can't see the forest because of the trees. You have been lied to and deceived. You have been led to believe that you are less than you truly are. The only problem that Republicans have, is explaining their positions in a clear enough way for everyone to understand.
  • Defend ... Rod 2012/04/19 12:12:57
    Defend Western Civlization
    Correct
  • forward Rod 2012/04/27 16:37:04
    forward
    Blah, blah, blah. Way to use up a bunch of words without actually saying anything at all. What the heck do you mean, less than I truly am? Talk about meaningless. Could I be a King? A CEO? Head of my own household with the right to tell my wife what to do? What? The problem with Republicans is that they believe that straight white men should be in charge of everything, by some kind of God-given right. Well excuse me, but not all men believe that , and I'm one of them.

The Republican Party, by its opposition to actual policy positions like the Lilly Ledbetter Act, the funding of Planned Parenthood, and hate crimes legislation having to do with minorities, has proven itself to be homophobic, racist and sexist. By its opposition to the Occupy Movement, the Republican Party has proven that it really only answers to the top 1%, that is the wealthiest Americans. I'll expand my comment above to say that I don't understand why anyone who is not a straight white male member of the top 1% votes for Republicans. Rod, I do agree with you that Republicans have failed to explain their positions. Give it a try, rather than blathering on about lies and "less that you truly are".
  • Defend ... forward 2012/04/19 12:12:43
    Defend Western Civlization
    its obama giving 147 million dollars to hamas which wages a real war on women
  • Mateusz forward 2012/04/20 05:42:56
    Mateusz
    Any backing of that up? How about how can any men vote Democrat, or any woman who cares about gender equality? Biden helped creat the Violence Against Women Act, which is a big middle finger to male victims of violence, and Obamacare createsnew offices for the healt of women, while leaving the number of offices for male health still at zero, even when men die earlier than women.
  • diane RN forward 2012/04/22 08:08:07
    diane RN
    +2
    I am a woman who couldnt vote for a democrat. My husband and I struggled raising our kids and trying to make ends meet. Through it all we never spent more than we had. I am and always have been fiscally responsible. We never asked for a handout, we just worked harder. I cannot support a party who doesnt believe in the same.
  • sodabox 2012/04/19 03:58:43
    Real
    sodabox
    +4
    They are bible thumpers and the bible is anti-woman. Tells women over and over to "Know their place! Or else!"

• The Dude 2012/04/19 03:34:39
    Manufactured
    The Dude
    +2
    It's a diversion tactic to keep the heat off 0bama's failed presidency..
  • Defend ... The Dude 2012/04/19 12:13:18
    Defend Western Civlization
    true
  • Bear 2012/04/19 03:27:48
    Real
    Bear
    +4
    Until every adult woman has the final say so about her body and is paid the same for the same job, the war against women will continue
  • Defend ... Bear 2012/04/19 12:13:33
    Defend Western Civlization
  • Mateusz Bear 2012/04/20 05:44:07
    Mateusz
    She does, and women are paid as much. How about when men have any say about their reproductive rights?
  • Bear Mateusz 2012/04/26 01:46:12
    Bear
    What world are you living in?
  • Mateusz Bear 2012/04/26 04:32:15
    Mateusz
    It's called Earth. Welcome.
  • safari 2012/04/19 03:10:27
    Manufactured
    safari
    +1
    Its utter BS - another diversion from the sorry state of the economy, jobs, losses of freedoms and the usurper who has been called out on his forgeries by a Sheriff now. Come on - this is utter nonsense.

THINK PEOPLE THINK! (and not what you are told to think for God's sakes!)
  • dannielle.hartnett76 2012/04/19 02:57:50
    Real
    dannielle.hartnett76
    +3
    Are you kidding?? This has been going on since the beginning of time... The only difference is women have a voice now.
  • Defend ... danniel... 2012/04/19 12:14:13
    Defend Western Civlization
    its the Democrats backing Attacks on Women like Palin
  • joe.astro Defend ... 2012/04/22 08:59:59
    joe.astro
    Palin wasn't made a laughing-stock because she is a woman, but rather because she is a demonstrated imbecile and unqualified to hold any office from POTUS to Assistant Dog Catcher.
  • Defend ... joe.astro 2012/04/22 11:35:56
    Defend Western Civlization
    so you can prove this Libel with facts and not spin/lies from the Liberal progressive dnc?
  • joe.astro Defend ... 2012/04/22 19:42:48
    joe.astro
    The infamous Katty Couric interview, for starters, as well as the fact that she QUIT HER GOVERNORSHIP to become a talking-head on Fox.

...Do you really see conspiracies like this around every corner?
  • Defend ... joe.astro 2012/04/22 19:45:54
    Defend Western Civlization
    that's not facts that's False Statements and Propaganda
    Again
    Defend Western Civlization
  • joe.astro Defend ... 2012/04/22 19:56:43
    joe.astro
    +1
    That Sarah Palin quit her Governorship in Alaska is about as factual as statements can get. And if you can watch 5 minutes of that interview and come away with a positive opinion about Palin's mental abilities, then there is really no hope for you.
  • Defend ... joe.astro 2012/04/22 20:18:46
    Defend Western Civlization
    Thanks for admitting you have nothing but propaganda
  • Bruce Carrubba 2012/04/19 02:38:53
    Real
    Bruce Carrubba
    +3
    Republicans men resent women taking their jobs and being independent. They keep slipping up and letting this dirty little secret out on occasion. The fact we had to pass a law to bring pay equity to the work place is all the proof you need. Hillary Rosen misspoke while trying to make a point. It wasn't intended as a slur against Ann Romney. Knowing the price of milk or gas does not make one any more of an economic expert than being a police officer or doctor would. Making an issue out of Rosen's poor choice of words is just plain politics. Republicans are desperate to make an issue out of anything they can find.
  • Defend ... Bruce C... 2012/04/19 12:15:16
    Defend Western Civlization
    hillary rosen a Democrat Jihadist Libeled Ann Romeny and got slapped down for it
  • Ozzyboy 2012/04/19 02:33:22
    Real
    Ozzyboy
    +2
    The war is real on conservative women. Working with one child is difficult, working with two is a challenge, working with three children is just insane and not worth the expense of having a job. Mothers are the hardest working people on earth and the least appreciated. Getting a paycheck for your work efforts can be a lot easier than raising children with little appreciation. Mothers do not need attacks from a self admitted, jealous, liberal shrew.
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/19 01:30:49
    Manufactured
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    Obama's got nothing, they had to manufacture an issue to distract voters.
  • gary 2012/04/18 23:52:08
    Real
    gary
    what is real is the Mormon cult. Romney is doing the work of the DEVIL himself. God will save us from him.
  • Grammar Freak 2012/04/18 23:36:03
  • RoyJLores 2012/04/18 22:39:07
    Manufactured
    RoyJLores
    It's Statists driven hogwash nothing more and nothing less...
  • Ozymandias 2012/04/18 22:18:19
    Real
    Ozymandias
    +4
    Yes, the war on women is very real as it is on minorities and the working class. The same people that wage these wars are the real terrorists that want to concentrate all the wealth into the hands of the rich and leave everyone else to fend for themselves like animals.

2014/07/28 18:36:13