Is the U.S. Government Preparing to Go to War Against the American People?

Transquesta 2012/08/16 01:30:03

National Weather Service Follows DHS In Huge Ammo Purchase

Paul Joseph Watson

Infowars.com

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

UPDATE: DHS Now Covering Up Ammo Purchases?

UPDATE: Social Security Administration To Purchase 174 Thousand Rounds Of Hollow Point Bullets

Why would the National Weather Service need to purchase
large quantities of powerful ammo? That’s the question many are asking
after the federal agency followed in the footsteps of the Department of
Homeland Security in putting out a solicitation for 46,000 rounds of
hollow point bullets.

A solicitation which appears on the FedBizOpps website asks
for 16,000 rounds of .40 S&W; jacketed hollow point (JHP) bullets,
noted for their strength, to be delivered to locations in Ellsworth,
Maine, and New Bedford, Mass.

A further 6,000 rounds of S&W; JHP will be sent to
Wall, New Jersey, with another 24,000 rounds of the same bullets heading
to the weather station in St. Petersburg, Florida.

The solicitation also asks for 500 paper targets to be delivered to the same locations in Maine, Massachusetts and New Jersey.

The National Weather Service is is one of six scientific
agencies that make up the National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration (NOAA).

The solicitation requires a response by August 21.

The NWS is following its federal counterpart the DHS in securing large quantities of ammo. Back in March,Homeland Security purchased 450 million rounds of
.40-caliber hollow point bullets that are designed to expand upon entry
and cause maximum organ damage, prompting questions as to why the DHS
needed such a large amount of powerful bullets merely for training
purposes.

As the Business Insider notes, hollow point bullets have been “illegal in international warfare since 1899.”

The DHS is also planning to purchase a further 750 million rounds of different types of ammo in a separate solicitation that also expires on August 20, including 357 mag rounds that are able to penetrate walls.

The DHS recently put out an order for riot gear in preparation for the upcoming DNC, RNC and presidential inauguration. The U.S. Army is also busy buying similar equipment.

The DHS also recently purchased a number of bullet-proof checkpoint booths that include ‘stop and go’ lights.

The federal government is clearly gearing up for the
likelihood of civil unrest on a scale that could outstrip what we’ve
already seen in countries across Europe.

While the establishment demonizes the second amendment in light of recent mass shootings and legislation is prepared to ban the sale of large quantities of ammunition online, the federal government is acquiring ammunition at levels necessary to fight a full scale domestic war.

UPDATE: The Washington Post now reports,
via a statement from NOAA spokesman Scott Smullen, that the original
solicitation contained a “clerical error” and that the “solicitation for
ammunition and targets for the NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement
mistakenly identified NOAA’s National Weather Service as the requesting
office.” This still doesn’t explain why hollow point bullets, designed
to cause maximum organ damage, are needed for shooting at paper targets.
Was the delivery of the bullets to the NWS a cover for them being
transferred somewhere else? It’s entirely possible given the sordid
history of Fast and Furious, a federal government program under which
guns were sent directly to Mexican drug cartels.

Read More: http://www.infowars.com/national-weather-service-f...

• the fuze 2012/08/17 14:24:39
    Other (specify)
    the fuze
    +1
    They could be, I won't put it out of the realm of possibility.
  • Crankney - PKM 2012/08/16 19:13:03
    Yes. Prepare accordingly.
    Crankney - PKM
    +1
    Time is short
    red horseman
  • Cochise 2012/08/16 17:29:55
    Other (specify)
    Cochise
    +1
    The American people are going against American people, and the Government has NOTHING to do with it.
  • Cat 2012/08/16 16:12:44
    Other (specify)
    Cat
    +1
    Ya never can be sure, can you?
  • JanHopkins 2012/08/16 13:58:41
    Other (specify)
    JanHopkins
    +2
    I am baffled. What possible reason could there be for the national weather service to be armed?
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/08/16 11:40:27
    No. You're being paranoid.
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +2
    .40 caliber pistol ammo is the prefered round of the federal government. Somewhere in between a 9mm and .45.

Guess what? They're a law enforcement agency, they're gonna have guns and tanks.

Even if it is a sinister plot, what are you gonna fight back with? Nothing that can stop their training and hardware.
  • D D 2012/08/16 10:09:24
    Yes. Prepare accordingly.
    D D
    +2
    The DHS is buying up a butt-load of ammo, riot gear, armored vehicles, drones and bullet proof check point booths. We already know they have ordered 400,000 hollow point bullets. Now 750,000 more. This isn't like some kind of hobby, like they are just collecting this stuff. They are getting it to use it. They are distributing these things to all the states. People that say this is paranoia are living in denial. They are preparing for something. I can tell it is nothing good.

Here are the vehicles being distributed.

wiht

ntiot
  • mewycg 2012/08/16 09:59:43
    Other (specify)
    mewycg
    +2
    I think they've always had some plan in their sack of secrets.
    No. You're being paranoid.
    +2
    ANOTHER conspirocy theory?
  • dandieselonian 2012/08/16 08:03:35
    No. You're being paranoid.
    dandieselonian
    +1
    get back on your meds
  • Broddy 2012/08/16 08:03:29
    Other (specify)
    Broddy
    +1
    Thank you for the Information, other then that i am not really sure how i should respond to it or if i am even inclined to express that response in a public forum such as SH.
  • Dark sector 2012/08/16 07:21:51
    No. You're being paranoid.
    Dark sector
    +2
    You guys are all crazy. Obviously the weather service is buying up all the ammo to start shooting at all the natural disasters we are now coming upon. Those damn hurricanes don't stand a chance now.
  • Lady Wh... Dark se... 2012/08/16 10:00:01
  • Red 2012/08/16 07:16:15
  • redhorse29 2012/08/16 07:15:20
    No. You're being paranoid.
    redhorse29
    +2
    No. We are the government. No army in the world has turned on its civilians when the majority of citizens have decided to over-throw the government. After the coup a whole new set of rules and situations happen until there is a new balance of power.
  • Odinsown 2012/08/16 07:06:58
    The government is buying up ammo to keep it out of the hands of the citizenry.
    Odinsown
    +4
    If it does come to armed conflict, we can take comfort in the fact that the bullets they use to kill us were bought with our money.
  • Transqu... Odinsown 2012/08/16 17:39:38
    Transquesta
    +2
    Bingo!
  • Red_Horse 2012/08/16 06:04:27
  • RENEGADE 34 2012/08/16 05:31:58
    Other (specify)
    RENEGADE 34
    +2
    Well if the weather man shoots as well as they forcast the weather, nothing too worry about. It dont really matter to me how may rounds or what type they have, like normal I will be home and most likely here on SH.
  • Transqu... RENEGAD... 2012/08/16 05:33:58
    Transquesta
    +2
    ROTFLMAO!
  • RENEGAD... Transqu... 2012/08/16 06:00:00
    RENEGADE 34
    +1
    Thanks, After the Y2K flop, I just dont get that wound up over things.
  • Transqu... RENEGAD... 2012/08/16 06:03:12
    Transquesta
    I guess I needn't ask you whether you think the world will end on 2012. :-)
  • RENEGAD... Transqu... 2012/08/16 06:20:16
    RENEGADE 34
    +1
    What? The world is going to just give up and quit making my life a living hell? I aint that lucky.
  • Lone Wolf 2012/08/16 04:14:55 (edited)
    Other (specify)
    Lone Wolf
  • Birthpangs 2012/08/16 03:51:28
  • bman~AVA~BTTB 2012/08/16 03:48:16
    Yes. Prepare accordingly.
    bman~AVA~BTTB
    +3
    Yep, that's what it sounds like to me. You don't buy that much ammo just for the shear sake of buying it. You're buying it for a specific reason and I believe it's so the government can wage war with the citizens here.
  • dasimon1 2012/08/16 03:41:08
    Yes. Prepare accordingly.
    dasimon1
    +3
    I guess Obama is afraid he'll lose. And using hollow points they were out lawed decades ago.Now we have to fight to exist.All these laws about American Soldiers fighting american people ..they signed an oath also.This scumbag Obama has to be stopped.He is going to cause something that he can't handle.This could be the makings of world war 3.Obama is a stupid man.To cause all this unrest for his own self to be the dictator of the US for the New World order. Doesn't make any sense to try and rationalize this.,This MF needs a lesson and if the military back him we are screwed.I'll fight...infact i want a few more guns.
  • bman~AV... dasimon1 2012/08/16 03:49:26
    bman~AVA~BTTB
    +2
    Amen to that one my friend. I agree.
  • pdt_ski 2012/08/16 03:31:34
    pdt_ski
    +3
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the “United Nations Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects,” the "UN Small Arms Treaty," for short. If the U.S. agrees to this treaty they will have to limit trade in small arms. Yes: they are buying up ammo.
  • Walter Harris 2012/08/16 03:05:56
    Walter Harris
    +4
    the gov is trying to control ammo by buy it all. they are trying to get around the constitution and the nra by doing so
  • stevmackey 2012/08/16 02:40:17
    stevmackey
    +2
    Ignore the published Presidential Directives. This is still the US.
  • Radlad 2012/08/16 02:23:17
    Other (specify)
    Radlad
    +4
    It does seem so considering everything the current regime is doing is against the American people.
  • Scott C 2012/08/16 02:18:59
    Other (specify)
    Scott C
    +4
    Most likely both yes, prepare accordingly and to keep ammo out of the hands of citizens. I keep telling people we are nearing a line that if crossed we will see the greatest atrocities against a governed people in the history of the US. I hope we never see it but my hoping isn't going to stop it from coming...I'm just glad I live in the South.
  • Ozymandias 2012/08/16 02:15:57
    No. You're being paranoid.
    Ozymandias
    +2
    No, but if the GOP keeps alienating women and minorities and waging war on the middle class, we may have a revolution on our hands. Then those 1% will run out of places to hide.
  • pdt_ski Ozymandias 2012/08/16 03:26:13
    pdt_ski
    +2
    I think it may be the opposite. Women don't require bullets to quell a riot.
  • Ozymandias pdt_ski 2012/08/16 04:07:39
    Ozymandias
    +2
    I wouldn't be too sure about that.
  • pdt_ski Ozymandias 2012/08/16 04:47:07
    pdt_ski
    +1
    O.k. so let's assume this election is highly contentious and there are riots. What you are saying is a U.S. version of Tianamen Square. Bear in mind I have spoken, personally with Shen Tong. To see that in the U.S.... that's extreme and it wouldn't come from the Right. Ever. That isn't the philosophy of the Right and in any case if they did do something like that the backlash - as you point out - would be very big. They would know that so... they wouldn't. It's a nice thought but that isn't something a predominantly left-wing government would prepare for.
  • Ozymandias pdt_ski 2012/08/16 15:03:26
    Ozymandias
    +1
    If we keep allowing everyone to walk around carrying guns and the radical Christians to govern everything, we may end up more like Iran rather than China.
  • pdt_ski Ozymandias 2012/08/16 16:02:30 (edited)
    pdt_ski
    +1
    No way America would ever become a theocracy. That's some extreme thinking you've got going on there. Do you work for DHS or something?
  • Transqu... pdt_ski 2012/08/16 17:40:48
    Transquesta
    +2
    He could tell you, but then he'd have to. . .well, you know how the line goes. :-)

2014/07/24 13:04:54