Is the Tea Party losing steam?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/04/16 14:14:19
More than three years after its inception, the tea party continues to
attract support from more than four in 10 Americans. But a new Washington Post-ABC News poll finds waning interest in the political movement and a drop in the number of women giving positive reviews of its message.
finds waning political movement drop number women positive reviews message

In the new poll, 41 percent of Americans support the tea party, and 45
percent oppose it, similar numbers to those in polls throughout the past
year. As in previous polling, strong opponents outnumber strong
supporters by 2 to 1. But half express less intense feeling either way.

Is the Tea Party losing steam?

Read More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/behind-the-num...

• BackWoodsMike 2012/04/16 14:41:06
    BackWoodsMike
    +11
    What the TEA party gatherings are loosing is media coverage.

1000 patriotic men and women gather to peaceably protest the destruction that the liberal administration and Senate is doing to our Republic, and not a peep from the media.

Yet when less than 100 liberal occupy malcontents get together to spew their hate for the free enterprise system that made our Republic strong, the media trips over themselves to portray how these morons are some how speaking for the majority of Americans.

• Shadow13 2012/04/25 01:34:19
    Shadow13
    Tea party

I'm sure there will always be a few hold outs no matter how pathetic they seem.
  • Sandy 2012/04/19 00:44:28
    Sandy
    The TEA party seems to be losing steam which I think is due to its exhibit of uncompromising attitudes. It has taken the GOP into radical territory that fosters lack of credibility in the reasonable person's mind.
  • Stryder Sandy 2012/04/22 14:52:58
    Stryder
    Just ask Orrin Hatch and Dick Lugar if they're losing steam.
  • Swampdog PWCM 2012/04/18 20:37:53 (edited)
    Swampdog PWCM
    Only an idiot would want to increase their taxes, guess that says it all about the anti tea party crowd!
  • rand 2012/04/17 21:35:00
    rand
    ...but I hope the rest of voters learn to appreciate their concerns for fiscal conservatism and vote accordingly.
  • Q 2012/04/17 17:39:04 (edited)
    Q
    +1
    Now that we have seen how these newly elected Tea Taliban party politicians are conducting themselves its no surprise that more people have an unfavorable opinion of them. They viewed they're winning in 2010 as a mandate to impose their far right ideological agenda and clearly overreached. Especially concerning women's reproductive rights in statehouses across the country, not to mention how only twenty five tea party members in congress are holding the country hostage with their refusal to compromise.
  • Sissy 2012/04/17 12:43:21
    Sissy
    +3
    Considering the ones who got the nod in the '10 mid-term and have shown how thoroughly incompetent and uncarng they are for the majority of the electorate, if they're not losing steam they sure should be. Seems they're better at carrying placards in parking lots than they are at governing. Go figure.
  • GOD 2012/04/17 08:18:26
    GOD
    +1
    big time
  • Stryder GOD 2012/04/22 14:53:57
    Stryder
    Really? You should ask Orrin Hatch if he feels the same.
  • Batman 2012/04/17 05:37:20 (edited)
    Batman
    +1
    When it changed its name to "the Republican Party"
  • Pet Rock Whisperer 2012/04/17 04:46:46
    Pet Rock Whisperer
    +2
    I question the accuracy of the 41% support claim. That figure seems a bit farfetched even at their peak!
  • Sissy Pet Roc... 2012/04/17 12:44:40
    Sissy
    +1
    I tend to agree with you.
  • CREW grand 2012/04/17 03:31:01
    CREW grand
    +3
    And all they ever had was steam.
    Between the ears.

Don
  • Sissy CREW grand 2012/04/17 12:44:57
  • flaca BN-0 2012/04/17 03:28:53 (edited)
    flaca BN-0
    +4
    When Eric Cantor supports Romney you know that the Tea Party is just the same as everyone else. A big fraud.
  • Alex 2012/04/17 03:00:44
    Alex
    +1
    It'd be in your best interest to not discredit them or assume they will phase out over the next few months. The election season's just getting started, and you saw what we did in 2010.
  • Sissy Alex 2012/04/17 12:45:32
    Sissy
    +2
    Yep darlin' and we've especially seen what you've done since.
  • Alex Sissy 2012/04/18 02:06:33
    Alex
    Do what you want, it's up to you folks. But it will be at your own peril to dismiss us as irrelevant.
  • Sissy Alex 2012/04/18 02:48:42
    Sissy
    If you have become irrelevant its on your own heads. You had a genuine opportunity to make a real difference, but you totally and completely blew it.
  • Alex Sissy 2012/04/18 02:52:50
    Alex
    You completely misunderstood my comment. But hey, it's your loss, I'm done playing mommy.
  • Sissy Alex 2012/04/18 02:56:55
    Sissy
    I don't believe I "misunderstood" a thing cupcake. You said it would be to our peril if we we think tp'rs are now irrelevant and I simply said, but perhaps not plain enough, that you are just that and its totally your own fault. What's so tough about that to understand?
  • Alex Sissy 2012/04/18 02:59:53
    Alex
    Lol nothing at all, enjoy shooting yourself in the foot.
  • Sissy Alex 2012/04/18 03:09:20
    Sissy
    +1
    We'll just have to wait and see darlin'.....Just remember,

We will remember in November.
  • Alex Sissy 2012/04/18 03:11:18
    Alex
    As we did in 2010.
  • Sissy Alex 2012/04/18 11:31:27 (edited)
    Sissy
    +1
    Yep, and look how you screwed it up since then? I honestly thought that after the incompetence and malfeasance of the first part of this new century, that the pubs would have learned how to govern better.

Silly me!
  • Alex Sissy 2012/04/19 02:45:33
    Alex
    "Yep, and look how you screwed it up since then?"

Like how, exactly? I'd love to hear this.
  • Sissy Alex 2012/04/19 10:49:23
    Sissy
    By failing to work with and work for all the people, not just their own small minority that got them into office in the first place.....(voter apathy in mid-terms which allows the efforts of the few to end up representing the many, a lot of whom do not agree with policies put forward...and I agree its their own fault).

By failing to compromise and it has to be their way or the highway, including fighting their own leaders, the legislation that is going thru state houses assaulting women's health issues, you throw in voter i.d. legislation also perpetrated by the tea party, and viola, you have states like Ind., Wis., Ohio. up in arms over the continued incompetent governing Blocking, fillibustering, stonewalling every initiative this Administration has had to get us on our feet again and willing this President to fail and not giving a fig if the rest of the country fails with him.
  • Alex Sissy 2012/04/20 02:49:30
    Alex
    "you throw in voter i.d. legislation also perpetrated by the tea party"

Voter ID laws aren't tea party-based, they're AMERICAN based. Hawaii, probably one of the bluest states in our union where I reside, REQUIRES you to have a photo ID in order to vote. Why? Because it's the RIGHT thing to do. The libs here get it, I don't know why you folks can't! CUT THE BS AND FEAR-MONGERING!

"By failing to compromise and it has to be their way or the highway ... Blocking, fillibustering, stonewalling every initiative this Administration has had to get us on our feet again..."

Your way isn't always the RIGHT way! Getting us on our feet? This president has done absolutely NOTHING to curb spending. Hell, his budget was vetoed by EVERY SINGLE REPUBLICAN AND DEMOCRAT IN THE HOUSE! He's been utterly unsuccessful at curbing unemployment, which is directly attributed to his inability to remove himself from obstructionist and penalizing policies against the private sector. "Buffet Rule"? "Raise taxes on the wealthy"? That's just a wad of utter CRAP. At least Republicans have put worth and passed a sensible budget. The Democrat-controlled Senate has REFUSED to pass a budget, and Barack Obama has REFUSED to govern responsibly by REFUSING to sign such a budget if it reached his desk. We c...

Your way isn't always the RIGHT way! Getting us on our feet? This president has done absolutely NOTHING to curb spending. Hell, his budget was vetoed by EVERY SINGLE REPUBLICAN AND DEMOCRAT IN THE HOUSE! He's been utterly unsuccessful at curbing unemployment, which is directly attributed to his inability to remove himself from obstructionist and penalizing policies against the private sector. "Buffet Rule"? "Raise taxes on the wealthy"? That's just a wad of utter CRAP. At least Republicans have put worth and passed a sensible budget. The Democrat-controlled Senate has REFUSED to pass a budget, and Barack Obama has REFUSED to govern responsibly by REFUSING to sign such a budget if it reached his desk. We can see who the REAL obstructionists are here, and it ain't tea partiers.

You can label tea partiers as obstructionist, blockers, whatever the hell you want. But we're speaking out against the irresponsibility within this Administration and the federal government. If you pay that much attention to us and have the nerve to label us as such, then we are certainly NOT irrelevant. Thank you for proving your own denial!
  • Sissy Alex 2012/04/20 11:35:11 (edited)
    Sissy
    There is nothing American about voter i.d. Because we have a large elderly population in our community, (one nursing home, two assistant living residences), there are many who no longer drive or are in need of photo-i.d.'s. Previously, bringing proof of eligibility was a matter of presenting a copy of a utility bill. The law that was enacted within weeks of Walker's innauguration requires identification that is difficult to get because they must at their own expense, get themselves to the Dept. of transportation. Luckily the republican appointed judges in our state threw that bill out in its entirety. As only republican legislators in the bottom 48 seem to be the ones demanding this legislation, it is assumed that they wish to knock out the competition most likely to vote against them.

We tried it your way cupcake and there was nothing that succeeded. If you can tell me one law or piece of legislation that spoke to the Main Street Americans, I would love to hear it. I would have been appalled had any of the proposed budgets been passed because they all just continue to make the wealthy wealthier and dump the costs on the middle and under classes.
  • Alex Sissy 2012/04/21 03:01:33
    Alex
    "There is nothing American about voter i.d."

Voter ID laws are in every way American. They keep the system HONEST because there is ACCOUNTABILITY to who's voting. If there are restrictions that you feel are inhibiting the elderly from voting, then you should be pushing for REFORMS to voter ID laws. That's the sensible thing to do, that's the honest the to do. But no, you are not, because you and the folks you support benefit heavily from the innocent and unwittingly ignorant immigrants that come to this country looking for a better future.

"We tried it your way cupcake and there was nothing that succeeded. If you can tell me one law or piece of legislation that spoke to the Main Street Americans, I would love to hear it."

I'd love to name one, but unfortunately, they all got REJECTED by the DEMOCRAT-CONTROLLED Senate and White House. Republicans unfortunately only control one half of one branch of government. The obstructionism is occurring from the Democrats in every way, if not more.

"I would have been appalled had any of the proposed budgets been passed because they all just continue to make the wealthy wealthier and dump the costs on the middle and under classes."

That's your ideology talking, "darling".
  • Sissy Alex 2012/04/21 10:49:33
    Sissy
    There were 300 million votes cast in the 2002 & 2007 elections. EIGHTY SIX people were charged with voter fraud and of those most were unaware of their ineligibility. Hardly worth the tens of millions of dollars REPUBLICAN governors and their majorities in legislatures are expending, unless of course they are determined to keep those who are mostly non-republican voters from the polls. You don't think that's the cause do you?

Yes sweetpea, we do have different ideologies. I would feel guilty if I had yours
  • Alex Sissy 2012/04/21 21:12:17
    Alex
    "EIGHTY SIX people were charged with voter fraud and of those most were unaware of their ineligibility."

I am not sure of that data, so I will verify that later. But on to the point, elections MUST be honest. The goal of voter ID laws isn't to restrict eligible voters from voting, it is to make sure INELIGIBLE voters aren't partaking in the system, and to have accountability as to who is voting (once or even multiple times). Here in Hawaii, all that is required is a simple photo ID. It does not even need to be a current ID, it can be expired. Hawaii has a VERY diverse demographic, in case you do not know, so when the mostly Democratic and few Republican legislators came up with this policy, it wasn't to restrict minorities or old people from voting, it was to bring ACCOUNTABILITY and HONESTY to the system. (Not that that was a problem though. My time serving as an elections volunteer, I saw ZERO people turned away because they didn't provide ANY type of voter ID. If anything, they didn't realize that they hadn't been a registered voter, but that was easily resolved at the polling station). And that's what we as Republicans and conservatives support. If that makes you feel guilty, then good, because corruption in this country needs to GO.
  • Sissy Alex 2012/04/22 12:08:45
  • Alex Sissy 2012/04/22 21:52:15
    Alex
    Lol, I rest my case.
  • Matt 2012/04/17 02:53:10
    Matt
    +4
    To me, it is just phenomenal that so many people could be bilked into believing that unions were the source of America's problems.
  • Swampdo... Matt 2012/04/18 20:39:42
    Swampdog PWCM
    Unions produce nothing.
  • Matt Swampdo... 2012/04/19 00:51:57
    Matt
    +1
    Unions produced a pretty good American economy for about 50 years. When Nixon opened up China, we started to go downhill.

When I was your age, I had been retired for 5 years.

I just bought a new union made Harley Davidson. How are you doing ?
    2012 hHarley
  • Swampdo... Matt 2012/04/22 18:39:51
    Swampdog PWCM
    +1
    Unions still produce nothing, it's the companies that the unions have terrorized that produce. If you are looking for the unions to provide you with a retirement income you may want to find a financial adviser. If you need help with that I can help you. As far as the Harley is concerned, I have little use for it as, I use a truck to stay busy. And yes it was a union produced Chevy 1500. As far as my investments are concerned they did wonderful this last quarter. I am ashamed to admit it but it was under Obamas watch, but I must give credit where credit is due. Looks like you live in the country, I'm envious, cool scooter also. In 1905 Harley Davidson made 95% of all motorcycles, in 1995 they only made 5% sadly, I think you are right about Nixon.
  • RogerCoppock 2012/04/17 02:47:42 (edited)
    RogerCoppock
    +3
    Next, the right wing spin doctors will create another astroturf group with a different name, but the same KOOK-A-DOODLE-DO-DO.

You can fool some of the fools all of the time.
  • CAROLYN NTARWNJBS 2012/04/17 01:59:56
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    +5
    They are destroying the republican party.

2014/10/25 12:01:58