Is the "Tea Party," just a new and glorified KKK meeting?

ronald 2010/10/09 14:10:23
After coming in contact with some of these people, their rhetoric sounded too familiar. Oh wait...now I remember... I heard some of these same ideas from my grandfathers' generation! Scary that because a man of color got elected,that these ideas have taken hold again here in America. But who knows,maybe they were only laying dominant. I knew we were in trouble,when they allowed someone to carry a gun,where the President was speaking. Had this been Bush,that guy would have found himself at Gitmo.With all the hatred being spewed,I'm ashamed of my fellow humans.

• Arya 2010/10/11 02:11:03
    Arya
    +1
    It's about THIS:

• texasred 2010/10/10 22:18:46
    texasred
    +1
    The Left is so afraid of people of all races, creeds and politics that come together, without violence, because they want less government and more fiscal responsibility. The left doesn't try to understand. They just work to smear those people, the Tea Party, for believing in something different.

The fact that you posted something like this just proves my point. And to paraphrase you: With all the hatred being spewed by the Left, I'm ashamed of my fellow humans that participate in this smear campaign. Yes, ronald... I'm ashamed of you.
  • ronald texasred 2010/10/11 16:58:35
    ronald
    Texasred...Why have you determined that I am from the Left? Because I spoke of the Tea Party movement and gave my opinion? I'm "ashamed" that you are so consumed by your own opinion,that you do not see the hypocrisy of your own statement. "They just work to smear those people,the Tea Party,for believing something different." Isn't that exactly what you're trying to do to me? Aren't you trying to smear the Left,or Moderates,who disagree with you? When i attended some of these rallies,not once did I see a person of color. I was hoping to, tho,l because I wanted to be wrong.And when I spoke to other attendants,I can't tell you how many of them made comments like..."Well we gave them a "black" president and look what he's doing to us,what more do they want?"The "leftist" media never reports these comments,or maybe they don't stay around long enough to hear them.I knew when I asked this question,I would hear alot from people proclaiming to be "patriots," as if I'm not.Our founding fathers told us to question and rebel if necessary,when our government does not represent the common good for all it's citizens. They understood the intrusions and intentions of the powerful,against the meek.But after 9/11,"We the People," gave up many of our rights,with the provisions of the Patriot Act!...
    Texasred...Why have you determined that I am from the Left? Because I spoke of the Tea Party movement and gave my opinion? I'm "ashamed" that you are so consumed by your own opinion,that you do not see the hypocrisy of your own statement. "They just work to smear those people,the Tea Party,for believing something different." Isn't that exactly what you're trying to do to me? Aren't you trying to smear the Left,or Moderates,who disagree with you? When i attended some of these rallies,not once did I see a person of color. I was hoping to, tho,l because I wanted to be wrong.And when I spoke to other attendants,I can't tell you how many of them made comments like..."Well we gave them a "black" president and look what he's doing to us,what more do they want?"The "leftist" media never reports these comments,or maybe they don't stay around long enough to hear them.I knew when I asked this question,I would hear alot from people proclaiming to be "patriots," as if I'm not.Our founding fathers told us to question and rebel if necessary,when our government does not represent the common good for all it's citizens. They understood the intrusions and intentions of the powerful,against the meek.But after 9/11,"We the People," gave up many of our rights,with the provisions of the Patriot Act! Many of us never questioned the freedoms that we have fought for since the birth of our nation. Why weren't you questioning the "patriotism" of Bush and his administration for violating our Constitution? It is not me should be ashamed of.
  • texasred ronald 2010/10/11 20:18:08
    texasred
    If you talk, act and write like you're from the Left, it's hard not to associate you with the Left. And... if you didn't mean this to be a "smear" of the Tea Party, then you shouldn't have phrased it the way you did.

But.... I understand what you're doing, even with your response to my comment. So, ronald, I am still ashamed of you.
  • ronald texasred 2010/10/12 14:50:04 (edited)
    ronald
    It wasn't an attempt to "smear" anyone,just my assessment of this movement. You voted no,then gave your opinion. That's what SodaHead is all about. If you must know,however,I am a Moderate. I give by your rhetoric,that you are from the Right.Your answer was hypocritical as I said. You felt the need,whatever that being,to "smear" someone's opinion differing from your own. That's okay.And if you're ashamed of me,let me just say the feeling is mutual. Let's just agree to disagree. I bid you good day.
  • texasred ronald 2010/10/12 16:44:52
    texasred
    You're assessment, in the way it was worded, was not unbiased and was a smear. Good day.
  • Mrs. maggot 2010/10/10 17:12:01
    Mrs. maggot
    +3
    TEA Party, is about too much government intrusion and too much taxation. Although there are local TEA Party groups which hold meetings and events, the real heart of the TEA Party lies in the fact that it is basically like minded persons concerned with the direction our Country is being railroaded into taking. No meetings are necessary, we stand united in principle.

basically minded persons concerned direction country railroaded meetings united principle basically minded persons concerned direction country railroaded meetings united principle
  • George 2010/10/10 11:51:04
    George
    +3
    thats just a stupid assertion.
    I am American.
    I am pro America.
    I am of the Tea Party.
    I am "We The People".
    I am one of the common sense, country loving, patriotic, Americans that will take this country back into the right direction our founding fathers envisioned.
    NONE OF THAT IS KKK!
    I have seen the enemy within, and they are the Progressives in this country, THEY ARE more like KKK!
  • Rodney 2010/10/10 04:30:30
    Rodney
    +3
    Here's your racism...
  • Freedom Mom 2010/10/10 04:16:53 (edited)
    Freedom Mom
    +3
    The Tea Party, is a group of fellow Americans Patriots, Independents, Republicians, Democratics, that have come together to have their voice heard, about the out of control spending of the Obama Administration, policies, taxes, and to defend the Constitution and Bill of Rights. The fact that we have a Black President has little to do with it! The LEFT leaning MEDIA has turned the attention to OBAMA's RACE! Carrying a gun is your second Amendment right, in this country, as long as you abide by gun laws in each state, because they vary from state to state.
  • Patrick Jones 2010/10/10 04:11:22
    No. It's just upset people,who are mad with the last Presidential Election.
    Patrick Jones
    +4
    We are not mad because a "man of color" got elected. We are mad because a socialist got elected... Wouldn't matter if he was white black or brown... We don't like socialism, and would like the country to go back to the Constitution and not find some twisted weird interpretation of the 14th amendment to justify not following the Constitution.
  • ronald Patrick... 2010/10/11 17:21:56
    ronald
    Socialism? When Bush decided to bail out Wall Street and the auto industries,what was that? When Bush taxed the daylights out of the lower and middle-class,while giving the rich extraordinary tax breaks in comparison,was that fair? By the way if you are a religious person,read your Bible...Jesus was a socialist,because he believed in caring for the poor,children,the elderly,disabled and those less fortunate,for he said they would be with us always.If I were a millionaire,I'd be happy that I could afford to help my fellow human family and still fortunate to have a couple of houses,cars and the necessities of life. This is what is meant to love thy brother as thyself and to be my brothers' keeper.
  • Patrick... ronald 2010/10/12 00:46:20 (edited)
    Patrick Jones
    "When Bush decided to bail out Wall Street and the auto industries,what was that?"

LMAO! Obama did that... Or do you think Bush was the President last year?

"When Bush taxed the daylights out of the lower and middle-class,while giving the rich extraordinary tax breaks in comparison,was that fair?"

I dont care about fair. Life isn't fair. I go for what works.

"By the way if you are a religious person,read your Bible...Jesus was a socialist,because he believed in caring for the poor,children,the elderly,disabled and those less fortunate,for he said they would be with us always.If I were a millionaire,I'd be happy that I could afford to help my fellow human family and still fortunate to have a couple of houses,cars and the necessities of life. This is what is meant to love thy brother as thyself and to be my brothers' keeper."

I have nothing against voluntary charity. I will NOT be forced to do it. I WILL NOT give my money to an organization that supports issues that I dont. THAT is the socialism of today.

Christ was talking about voluntary charity... We have free will. If we choose to do something that will take us to hell... THAT IS OUR CHOICE. We cannot be forced to do the right thing. It is immoral and just plainly unamerican.

Lastly.... Did the sock drawer get to dark for you?
    choose choice forced immoral plainly unamerican lastly sock drawer dark
  • ronald Patrick... 2010/10/12 15:04:37 (edited)
    ronald
    +1
    Please go back and re-read your facts.The process of the bail-outs were started by the Bush administration,Obama just continued it on.Sad. It was said this was done because they were "too big" to fail.And as for the acts of Jesus...it wasn't to be done on a voluntary basis. It was to be done as a mandatory action."For when you do this for my least,you do for me also," or something on that order. Did the "underwear" bin get too dark and "stinky" for you?
  • Patrick... ronald 2010/10/12 17:32:35
    Patrick Jones
    Jesus doesn't make anything mandatory. I think you are mixing up your Qur'an with the bible. Christians believe in free will. Everything is a choice. Be prepared to accept the enternal consequences for your actions, but its still your choice.
  • ronald Patrick... 2010/10/12 18:37:38
    ronald
    I do not practice the principals of the Qur'an. God gave us free will. The will to do good or evil,as you stated, is up to us. Look at the world around you. We not only will suffer the consequences of our actions later,but now. Wars,disease,poverty,hatred are all consequences for the actions of humankind,throughout the centuries.Have we seen the errors of our "free will?" No. So, therefore,we are doomed to repeat history. When we realize that somethings are "mandatory" for our survival and peace,then the free will that god has given us,will have been put to good use.
  • Patrick... ronald 2010/10/12 20:25:46
    Patrick Jones
    I agree. But I dont agree that those things should be law.
  • boberry 2010/10/10 03:42:57
    boberry
    +5
    Although they may be upset with the outcome of the last presidential election, that's not what it's about. It's about taxing us to oblivion. It's about failing to uphold the constitution and protect the people of the U.S. It's about putting the brakes on with the spend, spend, spend, blank check policies of this administration. If we had all maxed out our credit cards, would we be permitted to spend ourselves back to a better place by opening new accounts and transferring debt? Of course not. So why should our government be permitted to do it?
  • Civic Minded 2010/10/10 03:30:12
    Civic Minded
    +10

Be sure to read this:
    Tea Partiers Are Fairly Mainstream in Their Demographics
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/12...
  • JuJu~Pr... Civic M... 2010/10/10 12:59:39
    JuJu~Proud to be Infidel
    +3
    I liked the comment about 3 minutes into the vid, 'they don't pick our pockets, they rip off our pants!'
  • Angel 2010/10/10 03:14:37
    Angel
    +8
    The democrats started the KKK, instead of trying to kill people, they are just holding them back and making them think they need the Govt to survive
  • ronald Angel 2010/10/12 15:22:24
    ronald
    It doesn't matter who started the Klan,the problem is that it still exists.
  • Angel ronald 2010/10/15 00:48:01
    Angel
    so does the black panther party...
  • pammerj... Angel 2010/10/15 05:24:16
    pammerjammer
    +1
    What are you 60 years old? The black panther party is from the late 60's and 70's. The clan has been around since the civil war or earlier. In the early 1900s there were shameful lynchings. The black panther party had a little fame in Oakland in the 60s...nothing like the clan. Civil rights.
  • Angel pammerj... 2010/10/16 00:08:20
    Angel
    so what, it is the NBPP if you want me to be politically correct, and I don't care how old they are, they don't have any business being around at alll
  • pammerj... Angel 2010/10/15 05:14:43
    pammerjammer
    +1
    I do not feel that the KKK is party affiliated. Pure and simple hatred. Get a new pair of shoes to wear to a kkk meeting, else people know who you are.
  • Angel pammerj... 2010/10/16 00:09:55 (edited)
    Angel
    well they most certainly were party affiliated when they were started by the democrats... we don't go by feelings, we go by history.....learn that and do well...as for my shoes, no thanks , I LIKE for people to know who I am

oh and what sock are you?
  • pammerjammer 2010/10/09 18:54:05
    pammerjammer
    +1
    Seems like they could be...but I do not attend their meetings or listen to them.
  • ronald pammerj... 2010/10/12 15:20:46
    ronald
    +1
    I've been to these "movements" up close and personnel.Believe me,go to one and see for yourself.And by the way...stick around for the "after party,"then you'll understand what a real "movement" is. They put on a mask for the media as wanting to save our country from big government,but when no one's listening....well.The best way to understand them is to attend several of their meetings,as I've done.You can then make your own assessment. Thank you for your honest opinion.
  • Stratweenie57 2010/10/09 17:42:30
    Stratweenie57
    +3
    I find it odd that ANYONE would make the correlation between the Tea Party and the KKK.After all, the Tea party has members from BOTH major parties as well as Independents,not to mention the FACT that the KKK was and IS a construct of the Democrat party
  • ronald Stratwe... 2010/10/12 15:26:35
    ronald
    The Klan also has it's roots in Christianity,from their warped prospective. Most Christians,however, do not embrace their tenants of hatred or bias.So do we bash Christians for the same reasons,you mention Democrats?
  • Stratwe... ronald 2010/10/28 21:12:55
    Stratweenie57
    The KKK has it's roots in SEGREGATIONIST Democrat policy,merely shouded,or cloaked if you will-in Christianity-much like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.
    BTW,the word is spelled PERspective....
  • luvguins Stratwe... 2010/10/12 16:59:33
    luvguins
    +1
    Twas a construction of the dixiecrats who immediately turned Repub after Johnson signed the civil rights into law.
  • Wolf 2010/10/09 15:16:54
    Wolf
    +2
    The Tea Party stands for fundamental change that addresses the massive and bloated public sector. It stands for smaller government and the elimination of $2 Trillion from the $5.7 Trillion annual public sector expenditures and the fraud being perpetrated on the citizens of this country...long live the Second American Revolution...
  • pammerj... Wolf 2010/10/15 05:27:22
    pammerjammer
    +1
    Yeah, like Joe Miller, who bashes government funding but has sucked on that sugar teat forever.
  • Dan D 2010/10/09 14:56:50
    Dan D
    +2
    No - although there are concerned Democrats i the Tea Party, it's nothing like the number of Democrats who were members of the KKK.
  • ronald Dan D 2010/10/12 15:33:23
    ronald
    Or Christians.
  • Captain Sticky 2010/10/09 14:38:15
    Captain Sticky
    +2
    While many would like to see it as an organized group and assign it labels, it's merely a mostly unorganized movement of folks with one thing in common; we're pissed off and doing something about it every election day.
  • Noneoftheabove 2010/10/09 14:27:33 (edited)
    Noneoftheabove
    Why must those on the left attempt to demonize those who don't agree with them? Could it be that they have no answer for the concerns voiced by the Tea Party activists? Could it be that it is much easier to attack the movement than to enter into an honest dialogue on the issues?

Sadly, I think the answer to the latter two questions is yes. Rather than entering into an intelligent discussion regarding the significant issues facing the country, today's progressive's resort to name calling and charges of racism.
  • boberry Noneoft... 2010/10/10 03:45:43
    boberry
    +3
    OR.... rather than investigate and make an informed opinion, they take hearsay and spin it into nonsensical postings like this.

2014/10/31 11:00:38