Is the Tea Party full of idiots ?

ExTeaParty 2010/06/04 07:40:14
I have never met so many idiots in my life until I started going to Tea Party rallies and talking to TP's in forums like this so you tell me- Is the Tea party full of idiots ?

An idiot, dolt, or dullard is a mentally deficient person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way. More humorous synonyms of the term include addlehead, blockhead, bonehead, deadhead, dimwit, dodo, dope, dummy, dunderhead, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, numbskull, stupidhead, thickhead, and twit, among many others. Archaically the word mome has also been used. The synonymous terms moron, imbecile, and cretin have all gained specialized meanings in modern times. An idiot is said to be idiotic, and to suffer from idiocy. A dunce is an idiot who is specifically incapable of learning. An idiot differs from a fool (who is unwise) and an ignoramus (who is uneducated), neither of which refer to someone with low intelligence.

I have listened to The Tea Party make claims against Obama so preposterous they can only be called idiotic.

So what do you think- Is the Tea Party full of idiots and why ?

titlelistened tea party claims obama preposterous idiotic tea party idiots

• albert 2010/10/08 20:36:25
    albert
    well, he's right, there IS a moron that needs a brain, and he's standing in that very picture right now
  • Maximus 2010/09/15 05:54:46
    Maximus
    I found many of the Tea Party members well informed.
  • StarWarsBob 2010/06/04 08:50:16
    StarWarsBob
    +1
    I would not say that the Tea Party members are idiots. That seems a little harsh. They are misinformed and somewhat delusional, but that can be expected in a political movement that has its basis in visceral thought. Examples would be when they protest about higher taxes when they have paid less in taxes in 2009 than at any time since 1950. Another example is when they claim to have 1 million to 1.5 million marchers at the Tea Party rally in Washington DC on September 12th, 2009, when the evidence is overwhelming that there was not even 100,000 marchers there. The crowd could not even cover a quarter of the space in the National Mall between the Capitol building and the Washington Monument. One must understand that these are people that actually believe the lies that they are told by Glenn Beck and Bill ORiley and Rush Limbaugh and all the rest of the pundits. When someone is misinformed, that does not make them an idiot, it just means that they are misinformed and that they believe what they want to believe, not necessarily the truth.

2014/09/03 02:22:00