Is the Republican Party going the way of the Whig's?

#Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS 2012/05/09 21:08:58
I don't claim to understand the inner workings of the Republican Party. I know that most of my childhood Nelson Rockefeller was the Governor of New York. I see people use the term RINO all the time. Lord knows what the definition of a Republican is in the 21st century. I never heard the term until Barack Obama was elected the 44th President of the United States. I don't have many Republican friends so I've come to the conclusion that a RINO is anyone who does something to help Americans as a whole, someone who thinks for themself instead of walking in lockstep with the DICtates of Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck or any of the FOX non-News personalities that creates the mindset, as handed down via Roger Aisles/Rupert Murdoch.

I was born in 1953 so I am quite familiar with the radicalism of the 1960s. I wasn't old enough to participate but remember we were a rebellious bunch. The rebelliousness of the Tea Party remind me of that time or even my own children when they were toddlers throwing temper tantrums. Sure, it may feel good to throw a hissy fit. We are a free people & nobody can MAKE us do anything we don't want to do. When it comes to running a government though we don't need a bunch of adults with the mindset of 2 year olds.

Olympia Snowe is leaving the Senate because she can no longer work in the toxic environment that has become Capitol Hill. Richard Lugar, a statesman if ever I saw one has lost a primary battle to what is undoubtedly another mental 2 year old. I hope whoever the Democratic senatorial candidate is for Lugar's state, he wins. I believe Elizabeth Warren will send Scott Brown packing back to Massachusetts. I believe she will make an excellent senator.

Radicalism may work well for the Republican base. Primary winners do not mean they will win the General Election. Rick Santorum, Rick Perry, Christine O'Donnell & Sharron Angle are proof positive of that. Paul Ryan learned that senior citizens, even Republican seniors don't want anyone messing with their Social Security or Medicare. The Tea Party may purge every reasonable Republican the Koch Brothers money is thrown against in the primary battles. I believe in the end though the entirety of the American people will look at these radical candidates that act like toddlers & say, "I want the governance my parents had when the two parties could SOLVE problems." They're not going to get that from radicals.

I speak this as a Moderate, left-leaning Independent who loves her country & wants things accomplished for OUR GOOD.

FINAL NOTE: Anyone who decides to come at my head for my OPINION will be added to my blocked list. I refuse to give any of my precious time to FOOLS!

• luvguins 2012/05/09 21:53:39
    luvguins
    +9
    If the Republican party were to get control of Congress and pass all the bills that hurt the poor and middle class that they are now talking about, they would never win another election. Republican president, Dwight D. Eisenhower, said it best. Dwight Eisenhour

2014/09/03 00:04:49