Is the recession over? Or is it just getting worse?

Incognito 2012/06/24 03:14:07

• angelbaby 2012/06/24 05:53:49
    It is getting worse.
    angelbaby
    +3
    Many economist are predicting things are going to get
    Really bad and very soon!

• will 2012/06/26 00:03:13
    It is getting worse.
    will
    house of cards
  • Vision of Verve 2012/06/24 17:02:10
  • prankster 2012/06/24 16:31:10 (edited)
    It is getting worse.
    prankster
    It's artificial driven by borrowing and spending money that doesn't exist or printing it. Niether a good combination. Private sector real economic activity is non existent so the revenue stream to support basic government function and constitutional government function is zero.
    The recent immigration proclamation from his royal highness and Obamacare are financial disasters and only serve to further drive up a debt we will never be able to payback.
    Entitlement spending consumes the majority of the budget and close to 50% of Americans are receiving a subsidy from the government. This republic is expiring. The Dems are psycho....I mean legitimate schizo's. And the repugs don't have a pair of testicles in the whole bunch of then
  • Fighting4U 2012/06/24 16:04:13
    It is getting worse.
    Fighting4U
    Only worse.
  • Chief 2012/06/24 13:23:44
    It is getting worse.
    Chief
    I fear it has only just begun.
  • Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/06/24 11:29:51 (edited)
    It is getting worse.
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    On whose authority is this still called a 'recession'? Seems to me we have been in a depression for the past three years - at least. I see less than 1,000 jobs posted in this entire (very sizable) county I am in per month, that doesn't sound like a 'recession' to me! I have said this before and I'm saying it again now, when even seasonal employment opportunities disappear, things are BAD - not getting there, but they ARE bad! In my experience, 2009 began the decline for even seasonal opportunities, and out here, by 2011 they were GONE! And this year will be no different.

Our National debt is the highest-ever it has been, our purchasing power has been the least it has ever been, and our actual value of currency is less than it has ever been, and inflation is the highest it has ever been. So no, we're not 'doing fine' at all.

We are not in a recession heading towards depression; we were in a recession, have been and still are in a depression and heading straight towards utter collapse.

The only difference between now and the 1920's was back then we did not yet have credit, value from absolutely nothing but debt itself. Once that rug is pulled (as will happen, the downgrades have already happened and will continue), it is game over. We will wind up exactly like Zimbabwe, where it takes a wheelbarrow of notes to buy even just a loaf of bread.

Please just cut the BS and start calling this what it actually is: a depression.
  • D D 2012/06/24 10:26:49
    It is getting worse.
    D D
    A collapse is inevitable.

fwety
  • It is getting worse.
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    This is all a facade..The ass having the Fed printing up money is going to bite us on the ass eventually!
  • Rebel [SHP] 2012/06/24 06:56:44
    It is getting worse.
    Rebel [SHP]
    Worse. Much worse rofl. Anyone who claims otherwise must either be rich or living under a rock haha
  • angelbaby 2012/06/24 05:53:49
    It is getting worse.
    angelbaby
    +3
    Really bad and very soon!
  • D D angelbaby 2012/06/24 10:27:36
    D D
    +1
    I don't know when it will happen, but it will.
  • Chief angelbaby 2012/06/24 13:34:27
    Chief
    +1
    It's coming baby, Europe will be in a deep depression very soon and then we slide, there is no way out, world trade, world depression. Yet another reason the forefathers wanted us to be a sovereign.
  • S. Gompers 2012/06/24 04:33:40
    It is getting worse.
    S. Gompers
    +1
    And in my opinion has since 9-11. I don't believe in things like jobless recoveries and a lot of the other mumbo jumbo people come up with to make us think it ended and then entered a new one back to back over and over again.
  • Red 2012/06/24 03:19:49
  • Jester M.S. 2012/06/24 03:19:24
    It is getting worse.
    Jester M.S.
    Things have stabilized a bit, but much of that is artificial, and the supply of government handouts for "job creation" are nearing their end. The Obama administration has not created a favorable environment for most businesses. They instead seem far more concerned with labor unions, taxation and regulation, none of which help companies expand and grow.

If things do not change, I see more companies fleeing US soil, or at the very least fleeing states that have a high cost of doing business. American companies need to see the federal government as an ally and partner for helping them build a future, not as an enemy that is looking to exploit them.
  • Your Favorite Nerd 2012/06/24 03:15:25
    It is getting worse.
    Your Favorite Nerd
    +3
    Look at our national debt...

2014/08/23 18:17:30