Is the Obama Administration Clueless on Mideast Turmoil?

Chris D 2012/09/20 23:00:00
Our diplomats are being murdered, and our embassies are being stormed. We take out dictators in Egypt and Libya and the power vacuum becomes filled with radical U.S. hating Muslims... Do Obama and Hilary Clinton know what they are doing in the Middle East?

CNN.COM reports:
William Bennett says the administration insists it was an inane anti-Islam film that provoked violent protests, but the story is more complex.

administration insists inane anti-islam film provoked violent protests story complex

Read More: http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/20/opinion/bennett-midd...

• MQ-American Values Again (AVA) 2012/09/21 00:38:30
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +34
    Clueless with his never ending ass kissing apologies from day one, which I believe led to the current problems .. they laughed at this first year junior senator who handed over our freedoms, our country and the lives most recently of 4 of our citizens .... they know Obama is weak.. they know he is complicit in what they do... they knew full well, even on 911 of all days, that they could most likely get away with another attack, and they did.... and why? Because as with everything else, Obama has turned his back on our allies and opened his arms to our enemies... and they took full advantage of his weak leadership... they spit on us and laugh at him... and he deserves it... what a F'ng clown!
    Since he has been president everything has collapsed .. from our economy to foreign affairs ... I often wonder who is more dangerous to our country... them (the terrorists) or the enemy from within (Obama) ....
    Obama clown gifs

• Tombsto... Michaelene 2012/09/25 19:13:56
    TombstoneJim
    +1
    Well put, hear, hear...
  • Chiron8839 Michaelene 2012/10/06 01:29:03
    Chiron8839
    Why do you suppose the Iranians have been so angry with the US for so long, and so distrustful of them?
  • Michaelene Chiron8839 2012/10/07 14:36:18
    Michaelene
    Why do you suppose it?
    I can't find a single reason to justify his words of war.
  • Chiron8839 Michaelene 2012/10/11 16:23:08
    Chiron8839
    Do you think it may have started when the US, at the behest of BP, overthrew Iran's democratically-elected, secular head of state in 1953 and installed a dictator, Reza-Shah Pahlavi, in his place?
  • Michaelene Chiron8839 2012/10/23 18:30:03
    Michaelene
    Really? No I dont think that is a reason for his words of war.
    I hope that someday our nation stands up against this maniac and puts a stop to his attempts to bring the Madhi to end the world.
  • Chiron8839 Michaelene 2012/11/03 00:44:37
    Chiron8839
    I see. Then history has nothing to do with it. What you want to believe is all that matters. Good luck selling that.
  • Michaelene Chiron8839 2012/11/13 21:03:17
    Michaelene
    Good luck trying to make this madmen's words acceptable to anyone in the civilized world. Threats to wipe out an entire nation is UNACCEPTABLE.
    That is like forgiving a bully because his life was not fair.
    I'm sure you have already forgiven him for attacking a US drone when it's clearly an act of WAR.
    Good luck swallowing that line of bull.
  • Chiron8839 Michaelene 2012/11/13 21:36:51
    Chiron8839
    Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has no war powers. His voice is as important as wind whistling through an empty swill bucket, rather like yours.
  • Michaelene Chiron8839 2012/11/13 21:52:31
    Michaelene
    Oh the insults, can't handle discussing anything civilly?

Got nothing to say about the drone attack?
    The Middle East has been rapidly destabilizing ever since the beginning of the Arab Spring and it's going to get much worse.
  • Chiron8839 Michaelene 2012/11/14 11:27:21
    Chiron8839
    Well, I had no idea I might upset your obviously genteel sensibilities so. Put an icebag on the irritated parts, and let's carry on as friends.
  • Michaelene Chiron8839 2012/11/14 14:56:23
    Michaelene
    I'm used to being insulted on SH, especially by thhose who can't seem to find words to express themseles without attacking others.

The evidence so far shows that you need more research, I'm always willing to admit when I don't know enough to comment. More people should try it.
  • Chiron8839 Michaelene 2012/11/14 21:40:18
    Chiron8839
    I did plenty of heavy-lifting research in college and grad school. Political discussion is just casual vice, like psychology and the other bastard children of Clio.
  • Michaelene Chiron8839 2012/11/25 16:58:24
    Michaelene
    I believe education is a lifelong commitment and research is a part of education. Sadly today, the first politician your children will meet is their teacher.
    The incivility of others does not mean that I too should be uncivil. That's an obvious breakdown in society and unfortunately encouraged by some politicians.
  • Chiron8839 Michaelene 2012/11/25 22:26:17
    Chiron8839
    Adult and community education is my area, and of course the discipline from which all theory and research on lifelong education emanate.

Regarding Iran, I've generally stayed abreast of developments there since c. 1979-80, when I took an undergraduate history course on the modern Middle East. Iran was of particular interest to me, from among the other Middle Eastern states, because the Islamic revolution was underway by then, and most of what I was reading in the US press was very much at odds with the actual history of Iran. Operation Ajax, for example, was not part of the dialogue.

I have no idea why you would conclude that because I don't agree with your opinion, I must be ignorant of the subject. Since you remain focused solely on Ahmadinejad's bellicose rhetoric--which is more a matter of impotent saber-rattling in response to UN sanctions than anything else--to the exclusion of any consideration of events and conditions antecedent to the current problematic state of affairs, and dating back 60 years, the implication is that if anything, you are the one who needs to pursue further research.
  • Michaelene Chiron8839 2012/11/25 22:39:39
    Michaelene
    These are your words not mine "I have no idea why you would conclude that because I don't agree with your opinion, I must be ignorant of the subject."
    While I agree with studying history to look at it's wrath and consequence, there is no doubt that Iran is anything BUT impotent.
  • Chiron8839 Michaelene 2012/11/25 22:51:11
    Chiron8839
    Yes, they have the nuclear program that the US encouraged them to begin, then partnered with them in developing in the 1950s, after the CIA deposed their democratically-elected PM and replaced him with a dictator. That program was disbanded in 1979 after the Islamic Revolution, but begun anew when the US bankrolled Saddam Hussein and provided him with WMDs in order to prosecute a border war against Iran. Given Iran's long-term isolation by the UN (ie, the US), they, like North Korea, which has been isolated by the same process since the 1940s, began working towards developing nuclear weapons.
  • Michaelene Chiron8839 2012/11/26 00:01:12
    Michaelene
    Did you really just say "when the US bankrolled Saddam Hussein and provided him with WMDs" AND "Given Iran's long-term isolation by the UN (ie, the US), they, like North Korea, which has been isolated by the same process since the 1940s, began working towards developing nuclear weapons"

Hmmm, so many people responding to this poll will be calling you a liar, they swear there were no WMD's and Iran is not building nuclear weapons.

Wow, I agree with both points. I just wish we could get the UN out of the US, but since Obama has given them billions in his first term, it's not going to happen any time soon.
  • Chiron8839 Michaelene 2012/11/26 10:36:43
    Chiron8839
    Nobody with any sense will disagree with anything I said. But here you are, still caught up in short-term talking points rather than recognizing not only the long-term history of relations with Iran, but also the question of who played the causal role in creating the conditions the US appears to be complaining of now.
  • Michaelene Chiron8839 2012/11/29 15:36:35
    Michaelene
    Here's where you lose me:
    "Nobody with any sense" insulting much?
    "short-term talking points" Do you mean current events?
    "who played the causal role in creating " Another blame game?

I didn't mean to upset you by pointing out the obvious in your statement.

Have a NICE DAY.
  • Chiron8839 Michaelene 2012/11/29 16:10:02
    Chiron8839
    I doubt you could upset me in any circumstance.
  • AndrewJ Chiron8839 2012/10/15 22:27:09
    AndrewJ
    +1
    Operation Ajax and supporting a British created Iranian monarch for twenty five years might have something to do with it.
  • Chiron8839 AndrewJ 2012/11/14 11:27:46
    Chiron8839
    Everything, IMO.
  • johnnyg Michaelene 2012/09/24 21:45:09
    johnnyg
    +1
    Democracy is 3 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what's for dinner.
  • Michaelene johnnyg 2012/09/25 17:31:23
    Michaelene
    +3
    Don't you find it interesting that no one but the media discussed democracy during the Arab Spring? I'm one of the fortunate, my neighbors are Sikhs who helped me to read the REAL story of the chaos and anarchy that continues today.

I sat with shame for my fellow Americans as they compared the Walker recall to Mubarek!
    Talk about sheep, bah bah bah
    walker mubarek http://bokertov.typepad.com/....
  • johnnyg Michaelene 2012/09/28 16:56:47
    johnnyg
    The "media" is USGovt controlled. If you watch "news" on TV you will see USGovt propaganda. The chick with the sign is listing USGovt puppets.
  • Michaelene johnnyg 2012/10/01 20:19:31
    Michaelene
    Oh I get it, she's simply making a comparison of a governor attempting to stabilize a state, to those who have killed thousands of their people, used wmds against them, starved and tortured them.
    Oh I get it now, she's an idiot!
    Fox News covered her type all right.
    Is she one of those POS property damaging, litterbug, imbicile teachers with a fake doctor's note from radical and unethical University administrations?
  • johnnyg Michaelene 2012/10/01 20:48:48
    johnnyg
    +1
    An idiot nut job using 1st amendment to be stupid!!
  • Michaelene johnnyg 2012/10/01 21:40:08
    Michaelene
    +1
    I wonder why no one has rioted for her freedom of speech yet.
    No Ambassadors raped tortured and butchered, now fires blazing in dozens of cities, and no death threats or "unlimited detention".

Oh wait, Obama dosen't care about habeous corpus, so has anyone seen this women lately? LMAO
  • johnnyg Michaelene 2012/10/01 21:43:02
    johnnyg
    +1
    Looks like a lib, probably on Bammy's staff!!
  • Michaelene johnnyg 2012/10/03 12:55:13
    Michaelene
    +1
    That could be true, only a progressive tool would make such a comparison.
  • Chiron8839 Michaelene 2012/10/06 06:28:44
    Chiron8839
    Stabilize a state for de-unionization, transfer of its publicly-held utilities to private owners, as well as privatization of K-12 public schools and the state universities? Nice spin on "stabilization".
  • Michaelene Chiron8839 2012/10/07 14:55:23
    Michaelene
    Aww shucks, still mad about Walker double win?
    The taxpayers saw through the smoke and mirrors of nonsense.
    Comparing Walker to mass murdering despots was just one example of a failed plot that backfired.
    Funny how even the teachers in NJ are rooting for the governor to stop their unions rediculous control over their schools and their pocketbooks.

It's a sad day in America when people pretend to want to be a public servant for the good of the kids, yet they really only aspire to be a government worker because they know they've got all the freebies they can't go out and get for themselves.
  • catheri... Michaelene 2012/10/08 21:39:38
    catherine.fore.9
    THIS IS WHY WE CALL YOU BOYS DUMBOCRATS........

HOW ABOUT OUR AMBASSADER BU--FU, I MEAN SODOMIZED AND KILLED AND DRAGGED THRU THE STREETS AND BARRY THE PRESIDENT IS STILL LYING ABOUT WHAT CAUSED IT??? YOU LIBERALS SEEM FINE WITH THAT

.....................THE MILITARY IS LINED UP SAYING THEY BEGGED FOR PROTECTION..................

BUT THIS BABE DOESN'T CARE.......................

NOW GO BACK TO MSLSD.......................R... MAD'COW' WILL BE TELLING YOU THE TRUTH...- OFFLMFAO...................

2 OUT OF 10 AMERICANS LIKE YOU LOVE TO PAY 4 BUCK GAS, SEE THE AMBASSADER KILLED AND LOVE BARRY GOING TO VEGAS WHILE THE BODY WAS STILL MISSING.................

.THIS IS WHY WE ARE FIRING BARRY.................

2 OUT OF 10 AMERICANS (YOU BABE) WILL NOT BE IN CONTROL ANYMORE...............

REMEMBER - WHEN YOU CARRIED THOSE 'KILL WALKER, KILL BUSH SIGNS, YOU DESTROYED YOUR PARTY HONEY..............

WE DON'T CARRY KILL SIGNS IN AMERICA BABE......................YOU DEMOCRATS ARE GETTING FIRED TO GO HOME AND LEARN SOME MANNERS

I HATE OBAMA AND WHAT HE HAS DONE TO THIS NATION MORE THAN YOU CAN EVEN FATHOM................BUT WE DON'T THREATEN TO KILL PEOPLE HONEY...................LOOK AT YOU, SO PROUD

WE HAVE TO SEND YOU HOME............NASTY NASTY........

AND I DEDICATED A WHOLE LAST PAGE OF PICTURES ...

AND I DEDICATED A WHOLE LAST PAGE OF PICTURES LIKE YOU IN MY BOOK BECAUSE THE MEDIA SWEARS YOU BOYS DON'T EXIST NOW....................

BUT I HAD TO DRIVE PAST 'KILL BUSH' SIGNS FOR 5 YEARS

LOOK CLOSE AMERICANS - YOU GAVE THESE MURDERERS TOTAL POWER OVER YOUR FAMILIES, YOUR KIDS AND GRANDKIDS.........

THE LIBERAL MEDIA SAID THESE GUYS WERE THE REAL DEAL......................CAR... THEIR 'KILL SIGNS'

THIS IS WHY I GLADLY SAY - BARRY HUSSEIN IS WIPING THE ENTIRE DEMOCART PARTY OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH................

LOOK REAL CLOSE AND REMEMBER THIS BARRY SUPPORTER SMILING AND CARRYING HER 'KILL GOVERNOR WALKER' SIGN.................REMEMBER LIBS THIS IS WHY BARRY IS FIRED IN NOVEMBER...............AND THE LIBTARD MEDIA THAT SOLD US THIS BUCKET OF IGNORANCE - WILL HAVE TO GO TOOOO

NOW ROCK ON WITH YOUR KILL SIGNS..................CAUSE YOU ONLY HAVE A FEW MORE WEEKS........................... YOU CAN JOIN UP WITH THOSE NASTY BLACK PANTHERS THAT STOOD IN SANFORD THREATENING TO KILL THE HISPANIC ZIMMERMAN AND THE POLICE CHIEF

OFFLMFAO ALL THE WHILE BARRY TELLS US HE HAS THE HISPANIC VOTE LOCKED UP.............................. THINK? MAYBE THEY DIDN'T LIKE THOSE BLACK PANTHERS THREATENING TO KILL THE HISPANIC........................ CAN'T GET HERE SOON ENOUGH.................
  • Michaelene catheri... 2012/10/23 18:33:48
    Michaelene
    I don't know what the hell you are talking about, I'm not a democrat and would never vote for Bama.
    You just wasted your time with that cap lock rant or you directed it towards the wrong person.
  • Frank 2012/09/24 16:49:15
    Frank
    +3
    I don't know about Romney being clueless, he isn't the President nor a Senator, but it seems the Obama administration thinks it's all a joke, the way they act...........
  • **Bessie** 2012/09/24 16:00:03
    **Bessie**
    +4
    Clueless??? HE encourages it!
  • 2012/09/24 15:49:18
    +1
    The Obama administration is clueless.
  • Hawk 2012/09/24 15:27:11
    Hawk
    +3
    All of them are clueless and don`t forget we have a muslim president,who is a coward and a traitor. obama the muslim coward
  • jacktown kid 2012/09/24 15:11:49
    jacktown kid
    and Romney is more clueless than anything I ever see
  • catheri... jacktow... 2012/10/08 22:23:11
    catherine.fore.9
    +1
    REALLY - YOU THINK ROMNEY WOULD BLAME SOME CRAZY VIDEO AND NOT TERRORISM

WHEN THEY BU--FU--,

I MEAN SODOMIZED OUR AMBASSADER AND KILLED HIM AND DRAGGED HIM THRU THE STREETS...........

DO YOU THINK IF IT HAPPENED AND ROMNEY OR BUSH WERE PRESIDENT THAT THE MEDIA WOULD ABSOLUTELY DROP THIS STORY......................YOU HAVE TO LOOK HARD FOR THIS TRUTH...........BARRY AND HIS HITLER MEDIA HAVE BURIED ALL THE DAMAGE................

YOU THINK MITT WOULD COME OUT AND LIE ABOUT SOME FREE SPEECH VIDEO?? OFFLMFAO.................YOU BOYS THAT SAID BUSH WAS SO STUPID HE NEEDED TO BE KILLED AND THEN GAVE AMERICA THE MOST IGNORANT BAG OF ARROGANCE EVERY IN OUR HISTORY.........................

IGNORANT MEANS 'STUPID ON STEROIDS'................OFFL... IS WHY YOUR LIBERAL NASTY IS GOING TO BITE YOU BOYS IN A FEW WEEKS.........................I
    I HAVE WAITED 40 YEARS FOR THE LIBERAL HATE HOODIES TO BE REMOVED AND THE PUBLIC TO SEE WHAT IDIOTS THE DEMOCRATS ARE - THAT IS WHY WE CALL YOU BOYS DUMBOCRATS................TOO DUMB TO KNOW YOU ARE TOOO DUMB....................

............40 YEARS AND THIS TIME WE REPLACE THE LYING MEDIA WHO SOLD US THE BAG OF INCOMPETENCE.............PROM...

2014/07/30 15:19:51