Is the man who wants to kill Social Security a good pick for Romney?

Roger47 2012/08/11 05:01:08
Yes!
No!
Paul Ryan wants to replace Social Security with a system where the big banks get to manage everyone's retirement money, instead of the safe, proven system we have had for decades. Is he a good pick?

Read More: http://downwithtyranny.blogspot.com/2010/02/paul-r...

• mennosdad 2012/08/16 18:15:52
    No!
    mennosdad
    I'v been hearing those in our government talking about fixing Social Security and Medicare for years. Considering the fact that most in our government are millionaires, and other millionaires outside our government draw social security benefits from the system. I understand that (yes) they pay into social security as everyone should, But I feel that my case is a good example of the problem. I worked hands on labor for almost 30 years until my body would not let me do it anymore. I worked 40 to 60 hours a week and made around $35,000 a year. After becoming disabled I received $1,142 a month in social security benefits ($13,704 a year) a 60+% Drop in income. While the average retired millionaire will receive around $ 80,000 a month in social security benefits, and like I said i do understand that they pay into the system. And I am sure that I am not the only one that see's this to be a problem. I grew up believing that the Social Security System was put in place to help those like myself that work hard to provide for their families, Then through unfortunate events become unable to do so. With that in mind, the working class in America have to be wondering at what point do millionaires consider themselves socially secure. The average worker has to make $25,000 a year for 40 yea...
    I'v been hearing those in our government talking about fixing Social Security and Medicare for years. Considering the fact that most in our government are millionaires, and other millionaires outside our government draw social security benefits from the system. I understand that (yes) they pay into social security as everyone should, But I feel that my case is a good example of the problem. I worked hands on labor for almost 30 years until my body would not let me do it anymore. I worked 40 to 60 hours a week and made around $35,000 a year. After becoming disabled I received $1,142 a month in social security benefits ($13,704 a year) a 60+% Drop in income. While the average retired millionaire will receive around $ 80,000 a month in social security benefits, and like I said i do understand that they pay into the system. And I am sure that I am not the only one that see's this to be a problem. I grew up believing that the Social Security System was put in place to help those like myself that work hard to provide for their families, Then through unfortunate events become unable to do so. With that in mind, the working class in America have to be wondering at what point do millionaires consider themselves socially secure. The average worker has to make $25,000 a year for 40 years to make $1,000,000 and most are unable to have any savings and have only bills to pay. While the Millionaires in Our Society only worries seem to be,( How can "I" be Richer ) ( The Greed in Society far out weighs Integrity or Common Sense ) How can we as Americans except that those that have (Millions) but still feel (Socially Insecure) as to draw from the Social Security System. To me this is just (Morally Wrong) and there's no trace of Common Sense in this logic. We The American People Deserve a Better Governing Body as with any successful Employees, We The American People pay those High wages for Our Government to ( Look out for us ). I mean really, Has know one thought to Do The Math. If the Social Security System was (not paying out) to those who should be feeling Socially Secure with their $Millons$ + bank accounts. = A strong Social Security System would emerge from the Greed of the Rich (and they would still be Rich) Just without the Morally Reprehensible Acts of Greed being inflected upon the Social Security System. Current TV, SMS nice ! If I can see this as a problem, then why can't the ones that we pay to catch the glitches see the problem. Lester Reeves, Battle Creek, Michigan
  • Joe The Economist 2012/08/11 21:06:31
  • Fredrick House 2012/08/11 20:04:14
    Yes!
    Fredrick House
    Qualified yes. I wish it had been Rubio. I am afraid this is going to scare away uncommitted voters unless something can be done to put a "kinder face" on Ryan.
  • angelbaby 2012/08/11 06:51:16
    Yes!
    angelbaby
    Somebody better fix it or else nobody will benefit ~
  • David H... angelbaby 2012/08/11 07:34:43
    David Hussey
    +2
    I agree completely Angelbaby, but I don't think privatizing it, profiteering it for the benefit of Wall St. is the way to fix it. Especially in light of the number of people who've been screwed out of their pensions they worked a lifetime to accumulate by those same banking institutions.

Hope you had a pleasant evening. How's your brother doing?
    'Paging Dr Angelbaby......'
    Dr Angelbaby
  • angelbaby David H... 2012/08/12 02:37:13
    angelbaby
    +1
    My brother is doing well and will be discharged tomorrow and he is so ready to get out of that hospital bed. That's such an adorable picture you posted ~ so sweet! .. Just love it. How are you doing? ..
    Ive actually been pretty lazy today because the past week was really busy and a little on the chaotic side.
    I better rest while I can ..
    posted sweet love ive pretty lazy week busy chaotic rest
    Have a wonderful Sunday ~
  • David H... angelbaby 2012/08/12 02:54:36
    David Hussey
    +1
    That's good news Angelbaby, I can only imagine what its like being stuck in a hospital. Glad you liked the pic, I thought it was pretty cute when I saw it and thought it perfect for you. Your sleepy kitty is pretty adorable too :)

Rest up while you can Angelbaby, I wish you a good night tonight, a great day tomorrow and for a better week than the last one.
  • angelbaby David H... 2012/08/12 03:47:57
    angelbaby
    +1
    Have a good sleep ..
    sleep
  • keymanjim 2012/08/11 05:58:47
    Yes!
    keymanjim
    +1
    SS is done. This is the first generation that can expect to get less out of it then they put in.
    Why even try to keep it running on the promise of diminished returns?
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/11 05:28:09
    Yes!
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Social Security and Medicare will both run out of money (soon) without reform, there is no choice, no matter what your pied piper Obama tells you. BTW, the announcement has NOT been made yet, so who knows who it is?
  • Pat 2012/08/11 05:26:24
    No!
    +2
    NO, but it's a great pick for Obama!! Ha!Ha!
  • Tarheel 2012/08/11 05:21:19
    No!
    Tarheel
    +1
    I don't think so. The banks almost collapsed a couple years ago, as a 52 year old woman that has paid into social security since I was 16, that's a bit scary. I'm no where near retiring, but I've paid into it for many years.
  • zbacku 2012/08/11 05:17:41 (edited)
    Yes!
    zbacku
    +2
    So just how well is the government doing in managing Social Security. It is BROKE and every dime issued is borrowed money. S.S. is the largest Ponzi Scheme ever conceived by man. social security is ponzi scheme

2015/03/03 11:12:59