Is the GOP Presidential Race Between Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney?

Politics 2012/02/22 00:35:35
We know you want to make your opinion count -- especially during the time of a serious election. So, every week, SodaHead will host a handful of up-to-date polls having to do with the upcoming 2012 election.

Vote on this week's election questions below and make sure to come back every Tuesday to see how everyone voted -- and to receive a new batch of questions worth pondering. It's a great time to have an opinion. So, dive right in to our 2012 Election poll.

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• Swany 2012/02/22 01:52:23
    No, it's anyone's game
    Swany
    +23
    Rick and Newt aren't even on the ballot in five states. And Mitts going down faster than Monica Lewinsky. The established filth controlling the GOP will fight a Paul nomination with everything they have so it looks like it is going to get very interesting. Of course I'll support the one who has a history of being honest until Nov. against all odds ron paul against all odds ron paul against all odds ron paul

• richwright Pirate PJ 2012/03/18 05:15:02
    richwright
    It must smell bad.
  • Pirate PJ richwright 2012/03/12 16:06:06
    Pirate PJ
    +1
    are you kidding me? Check Ron Paul's voting record....please. Both party hate him trust me...just like now think about this...back in the early 70's they were talking about fixing our gas problems....guess what both parties have been in office and here it is 40 years later and it is still not fixed! So what does this tell you? Tells me the system is broken and all the 2 parties want is making themselves millionaires and screw America!
  • richwright Pirate PJ 2012/03/16 03:35:18
    richwright
    Last I checked Paul was running in the Republican primaries. Is he NOT Republican? He's all for big business and anti-consumer like the rest of them. Go back on the gold standard and become isolationists is pretty archaic.
  • jimrthy... richwright 2012/03/17 04:52:41
    jimrthy BN-0
    This is where those party definitions fall apart.

He *is* Republican, if you actually pay attention their platform. Small government, lower taxes, more individual freedom, obey the Constitution. He's one of the very few Republican polytickians who actually cares about those things.

I honestly don't have a clue about his ties to big business. Most of his donations come from normal people like me or people in active service in the military. There is no denying that Romney and Lizard are bought and paid for by big business. At this point, I'm sure Santorum is as well.

Paul's as corruptible as any other human being. I'd say the only reason he's such a non-factor is that he hasn't been bought yet.
  • richwright jimrthy... 2012/03/17 12:19:02
    richwright
    If that is true Paul should run as a Dem or third party.
  • jimrthy... richwright 2012/03/17 21:30:41
    jimrthy BN-0
    He'd probably fit better as 3rd party. Except that he represents everything the GOP is *supposed* to stand for. And 3rd party's a joke. He tried that back in 88 and realized it's a stupid losing proposition.

His whole "small government, obey the Constitution" ideas don't fit with the Dems at all. So that leaves the Pubs as his only reasonable option.
  • richwright jimrthy... 2012/03/18 05:21:59
    richwright
    The Dems are historically smaller spenders than Pugs.Cutting taxes as Pugs always say they want only works when you throttle up the economy with stimulus spending.
  • jimrthy... richwright 2012/03/19 14:10:15
    jimrthy BN-0
    You cannot cut your income while increasing your expenses. That's what the run-of-the-mill neocons running the GOP keep pretending they're going to do. It's blatantly idiotic.

The government cannot improve the economy. All it can do is shuffle around money and create inflation. Or get out of the way and let me decide how I want to spend the money that I've earned by doing something that someone was willing to pay for.

Government may be a necessary evil. But it is most definitely evil and should be kept as small and weak as possible.

We aren't going to agree on this. There probably isn't a good compromise position. This fundamental point is why America was probably doomed from the beginning.

You want to live as a slave, in a country where Massa tells you (and me) what to do, where to go, and how to live your life. I demand to be treated like a free adult and allowed to make my own decisions (and live with their consequences...good or bad).

I don't see any way to resolve this peacefully beyond splitting the country into at least two. Do you have any suggestions?
  • richwright jimrthy... 2012/03/19 19:53:19
    richwright
    Splitting the country in pieces is a great solution.
  • jimrthy... richwright 2012/03/24 03:59:51
    jimrthy BN-0
    That's the only one I've been able to come up with. :-(

It's truly awful, but all the alternatives seem worse.
  • myhouseinthewoods 2012/02/24 12:59:01
    No, it's anyone's game
    myhouseinthewoods
    +7
    Ron Paul surely has the lead, but the mainstream media doesn't want anyone to find out along with those corrupt bankers who hide the real results
  • richwright myhouse... 2012/02/25 04:23:05
    richwright
    +1
    Yes, they must be tampering with the ballot boxes. Strange Paul isn't calling for a revolt in all those States he really won?
  • myhouse... richwright 2012/02/26 14:59:24
    myhouseinthewoods
    it must be because he knows that the gov wouldnt do anything and try to twist him to make him look bad in front of everyone, the elite are some sneaky bastards
  • DefendnProtect 2012/02/24 12:46:00
    No, it's anyone's game
    DefendnProtect
    +3
    new candidate

New candidate entering he race. With his superior war spending credentials GOP establishment eliminates the last illusions of democracy in primaries and declares him the GOP candidate.

After all it's a republic.
  • JoeBob ... Defendn... 2012/02/24 14:04:11
    JoeBob Scruggs
    JoeBob caint wait to see santorum come from behind and beat off Mitt, Newt and Ron.

That gonna be the best Repblitard Circle Jerk yet!!!
  • Thisism... Defendn... 2012/02/24 20:52:49
  • Defendn... Thisism... 2012/02/24 21:10:11 (edited)
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    Tea party is occupied by the crony Pentagon war interests. Luckily a few have found the route to Ron Paul's anti crony militarism spending platform. Those will not convert back.

Santorum, top corrupt senator 2006, not a fiscal conservative.

I wonder what is needed to have these 'conservatives' stop voting for these corrupt warmongering gangsters. What do you suggest?

• richwright Defendn... 2012/02/25 04:26:55
    richwright
    Baggers are just a bunch of closet homosexuals. Someone get the key and let them out!
  • Defendn... richwright 2012/02/25 19:29:08
    DefendnProtect
    Hmm, opening up some doors and minds sounds great. I'm a bit skeptical though if labeling them closet homosexuals will help do that... They might view it as antagonistic and resist any suggestion coming from you ;-)
  • richwright Defendn... 2012/02/26 02:40:06
    richwright
    +1
    That's why I'm nominating you. You seem to have an honest face.
  • Defendn... richwright 2012/02/26 03:14:32 (edited)
    DefendnProtect
    Got to correct you a little bit my friend, my profile face IS honestly appealing.

You are a smart and observing person, most people just feel the influence connection and are not consciously aware of what does it. I even won a Nobel Peace price with it. This is not only because of my face, but also because I can relate to people promising them nice sounding emotionally appealing abstractions without substance such as ´Change, we can believe in´ or ´Yes, we can´. I even got several prestigious corporate advertising awards for it.

Big achievements, unfortunately some people are just sour grapes, they start about irrelevant questions with substance and intellect like the guy below here...

• richwright Thisism... 2012/02/25 04:25:32
    richwright
    Woow Wee! Yee Haw! Halli-Burton!!!
  • richwright Defendn... 2012/02/25 04:24:01 (edited)
    richwright
    +1
    Yes, Dick Cheyney could save us all. What a dick!
  • Robert - Palm Desert 2012/02/24 08:10:36
    No, it's anyone's game
    Robert - Palm Desert
    +3
    No. The GOP race is between Mitt Romney and the Far Right evangelical Republican base. They are having a hard time deciding their priorities - defeat Barack Obama or the purity of their narrow-minded ideology.
  • richwright Robert ... 2012/02/25 04:29:02
    richwright
    +1
    They want to aling themselves with the Vatican and outlaw contraception even though they don't even like Catholics! Go figure! Don't that beat all!
  • LisaSmith 2012/02/24 06:29:57
    Yes, pretty much
    LisaSmith
    +3
    I hope Romney gets it. I like Santorum but I believe he will have a hard time getting independents.
  • myhouse... LisaSmith 2012/02/24 13:00:58
    myhouseinthewoods
    +2
    you are fooled
  • richwright myhouse... 2012/02/25 04:32:28
    richwright
    Yes, there are more religious num nuts in the rest of the country than there are chestnuts in PA. He could go all the way and invite the Pope to the inauguration. Wouldn't that be grand! Who needs to have tea with Queen Elizabeth anyway? We have our own Baggers already.
  • JoeBob ... LisaSmith 2012/02/24 14:04:43
    JoeBob Scruggs
  • seadog6... JoeBob ... 2012/02/24 21:50:12
  • JoeBob ... seadog6... 2012/02/26 16:57:41
    JoeBob Scruggs
    baffroom. izzat ware all y'all publitard pricks hang out.
  • seadog6... JoeBob ... 2012/02/26 17:00:09
  • richwright JoeBob ... 2012/02/25 04:34:32
    richwright
    +1
    Give BettyBoLee my regards!
  • JoeBob ... richwright 2012/02/26 16:48:41
    JoeBob Scruggs
    JoeBob only got eyes fer Lurlene!
  • Robert ... JoeBob ... 2012/02/25 06:47:46
    Robert - Palm Desert
    +1
    That ain't gonna happen, JoeBob. There's a better chance of Reverend Jeremiah Wright joining the KKK.
  • JoeBob ... Robert ... 2012/02/26 16:49:56
    JoeBob Scruggs
    But how you explain how santorum keeps comin from behinds all them other dudes?
  • Robert ... JoeBob ... 2012/02/27 09:42:10
    Robert - Palm Desert
    That's easy. The evangelical hypocrites, narrow-minded bigots, and the Tea Party folks can't decide whether they want to defeat Barack Obama or sustain the purity of their so-called conservative ideology. Realistically, they can't have both.
  • JoeBob ... Robert ... 2012/02/28 15:48:13
    JoeBob Scruggs
    Today the BIG DAY. JoeBob caint wait to see santorum comin from behinds of Newt, Ron and Mitt.
  • the_old_coach 2012/02/24 04:57:40
    Yes, pretty much
    the_old_coach
    +4
    I'm a Ron Paul guy but time is running out. I'm starting to think that a brokered convention is in play (Mike Huckabee?)
  • richwright the_old... 2012/02/25 04:36:29
    richwright
    Is he the famous cartoonist that invented Huckleberry Hound?

2014/10/25 14:47:21